1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

A New Player in the Force (SW/Lite Gamer)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by USSExplorer, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Solusandra

Solusandra Foxes are Fantastic

compared to the clonewars showing how the order was ripping itself appart, and ending with 99% of jedi being executed? I fail to see where he could do worse.

And fixing the Jedi order would involve trauma counciling and removing the rod from their ass, so, yeah, he's on the right path.

2. Zendrelax

Zendrelax "All yours. I think it always was. Welcome home."

So. If Shatterpoint ignores the surface-level writing and themes of its own source material, then that's my problem? Sure buddy.

3. Ame

Ame Not too sore, are you?

As much as I'm enjoying this, at this point it's left the question of 'Can this story's version of Mace Windu fall?' And Migrated to 'Can any interpretation of Mace Windu Fall?' And that belongs in the general starwars thread and not here. So it might be a good idea to move to that one before it hits derail territory.

4. Extras: images
    USSExplorer

USSExplorer Doing what's necessary, even if it causes chaos

General images for things related to Cam.
    (I will try to remember to add to this as time goes by)

If someone wants to make better images, feel free to do so. These are just rough guides.
    Pre-teen
    [​IMG]
    Around Naboo
    [​IMG]
    Fanart
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Do remember this is 80 to 100m in length rather than the ~40m from the ships seen in TCW
    Colours and markings
    [​IMG]
    Weapon loadout
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 16, 2023
  5. Ame

Ame Not too sore, are you?

Cool pictures there. Love the pendant. And I must say, Cam is a rather pretty young man.

Zendrelax likes this.
  6. USSExplorer

Aye. Though given I'm using Kate Beckingsale as the image for his mother, Revan (Keanu Reeves) was a great-granddaddy, and he a Gamer (even if it's a very light system) that's not a big surprise ;)

InsanexSilence, Ame and Solusandra like this.
  7. ChiChi

ChiChi I trust you know where the happy button is?

missing"
    tests
    missing text?
    this was where?
    the phrasing is off but I'm not sure of which way to fix it was intended
    I think this is missing a comma or two
    if I've been placed?
    do not stand out?
    misplaced space
    2*lvl what? inches? feet? meters? miles?
    trials?
    extra spaces
    a bit this year
    after I got into a fight
    girl who jumps?
    can't beat others
    your light shine brighter?
    from making waves?
    from the way you worded the first post he should be suffering severe penalties from having hunger at 0
    not high enough?
    trial?
    as he leaned forward?
    reversed?
    that we were to leave?
    to hide long
    phrasing is rather poor here
    unacceptable?
    until a thought? also missing period I think
    the word is 'percent' not 'per cent'
    percent of my FP

Ayashi likes this.
  8. Hammerfury

Hammerfury Know what you're doing yet?

No. It ignores the themes of your headcanon.
    However, it has been pointed out we're moving slightly off topic. If you want to discuss this further we could do this on Discord and voice chat instead of risking Mods getting involved.

Ame likes this.
  9. Solusandra

ignores the themes of one fanfic (shatterpoint) writers for another (This ones).

10. Hammerfury

Hammerfury Know what you're doing yet?

I repeat, slightly off topic. Wanna continue this, dm me.

Ame likes this.
  11. Ayashi

Ayashi Connoisseur.

Pretty sure that's the point.

if you move the circle a little bit down it kinda looks a bit like a tie fighter, doesn't it?

Last edited: Apr 6, 2022
  12. LuciferBael

LuciferBael Mand'alor Te Talyc

You realize the EU(ie books like Shatterpoint) are the canon this story is based in right. . . . .

Hammerfury likes this.
  13. Solusandra

You realize there's a higherarchy right? Shit USSE makes up, the six movies, then the EU, and maybe disney if it's useful; in that order. And shatterpoint is contradicted by both the movies and Cam's recent force vision; both of which are on a higher tier.

14. LuciferBael

You realize I'm part of the team that helps him make it right. . . . the EU is above the movies in this story and that Vision doesn't contradict Shatterpoint

IEU097 and Hammerfury like this.
  15. Solusandra

The vision has Windu falling in at least 1 major timeline. If shatterpoint says he can't or won't, then it's in contradiction.

16. LuciferBael

Shatterpoint doesn't say that though

Hammerfury likes this.
  17. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

You realize you are derailing the hread, right?

Solusandra and Hammerfury like this.
  18. ChiChi

Were there multiple Sellena's? because a quick search shows Sellena having died years ago and later speaking in the current time and then her dying in the big attack on the city

It'd be nice to have a central listing of the various powers/perks/etc that he has or can purchase if he has the points and what they do.

as best I recall most of your typos were missing or extra spaces or quotation marks ... if there are any quoted sections that the typo isn't obvious feel free to point out which ones and I'll take another look and elaborate

19. USSExplorer

There are two. Bo and Satine's mother and their sister in law. In-verse, it's weird that their brother married someone with their mother's name. Out-of-verse, I missed it until a few chapters after both were named and just let it go. Few people spotted it.

The index tab has his stats at the end of certain arcs. I don't do it every arc though. As for what the powers do, generally, they match something you'd find on the wiki (though trusting that place is a dangerous thing to do) but not always.

I'll likely have to go through those, and ones by others, whenever I get around to publishing this story over on SpaceBattles of Sufficient Velocity... whenever that'll be

20. ChiChi

That's his stats I was asking about his abilities like the mini map the enhanced mini map enlarge ... etc ... having both the names and descriptions all in a single post weather or not he has bought the ability
    though come to think of it would be nice to have a central repository of all the alternate language vocabulary used as well cause there were a few mandoan words that I couldn't find what exactly they meant I mean I got a general idea from the context but it would be nice to be able to look it up

21. Narratiuncula

Narratiuncula Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

Lmao, I was literally so surprised when I read it had been Mace in the vision. Also, damn, I read this fic in a one-setting and it's by far the best star wars fandic (if not the best SI fanfic) I've ever read! I can't wait for more :)

Bojacks likes this.
  22. USSExplorer

Ah. I actually prefer to keep things vague about what the perks can/could do. Allows me some wiggle room for writing.
    Though the minimap has been stated a few times to have a range of 1km. Options from Perks could be extended that if taken and his Dectection has a much greater range, which just adds clumps of sensed beings etc at the edges of the map.

For ease, I use these sites (and others) along with a doc on my comp given to me by one of the backroom. Most of the words cane be found in the sites below but the curses are extra
    https://starwarslanguages.fandom.com/wiki/Mando'a_-_Advanced
    http://mandoa.org/
    [​IMG]

dogbertcarroll likes this.
  23. Qawsed

Qawsed Not too sore, are you?

Just wanted to ask if there was any way that you could list the missing skills/and or skill lvls needed to open up locked skills.

24. USSExplorer

I'll do so with the next stat update. Which, if time permits, I'll get to in a few days (I hope).
    Though it's mainly only Force Powers that are locked. Skills did have stat limiters (I think), but Cam's blown past them with ease.

Sam I Am likes this.
  25. Qawsed

That was the ones I was looking for so thanks. One last question, SP= stat points? And SKP= skill upgrade points?

26. USSExplorer

Aye

Qawsed likes this.
  27. USSExplorer

I case I forget though:

Tutaminis: Until Deflection => Master 1
    Alter Mind: Until Compulsion => Savant 1, Mind Probe + Telepathy => Professional 1
    Dominate Mind: Until Telepath, Alter Mind and Mind Probe => Master 50
    Lightsaber Telekinesis: Until TK, Lightsaber [style], Makashi, Soresu, Shien, Djem-So are all => Master 1
    Repulse/Shockwave: Until Wave =>Professional 1

Solusandra and Qawsed like this.
  28. D King Hecht

D King Hecht Know what you're doing yet?

Did Cameron level up for defeating the elite mooks of the Mandos?

29. Qawsed

May the 4th be with you.

30. LuciferBael

Elite? If you mean the three in the tower at the end those were elite, the rest were DW conscripts that had like 6 months training