• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

A Second Chance. What's going on?

Re: A Second Chance. Will you take it?

[X] We should obviously open the door like every law abiding citizen and by explaining rationally and calmly that we had nothing to do with this we will be able to walk away... oh wait, Fate and Destiny's bitch.
-[X] GTFO time. Chase after the girl cause you got nothing better to do.

Adyen said:
[X] We should obviously open the door like every law abiding citizen and by explaining rationally and calmly that we had nothing to do with this we will be able to walk away... oh wait, Fate and Destiny's bitch.
-[X] GTFO time. Chase after the girl cause you got nothing better to do.

The split second it takes you to realize what the cops are in respect to your situation is long enough for them to burst through.

However it is also long enough to start running a complicated path that an average policeman would be going, What? what's going on.

Jumping onto the fence, forward somersaulting towards a jutting out flagpole, then swinging up onto the closest roof leaves your pursuing cops flabbergasted.

And stuck on the rooftop you left behind. Good for you.

You let out a breathe you've been holding. That situation had way too many ways to end poorly. Could have got shot if one of them had been thinking a bit more clearly.

But they weren't. Which is good for everyone involved.

Now then, which way did that girl go. Moving paint isn't something normal, it's definitely abnormal. And that thing about you being a slave to destiny, it seems like a good idea to follow it. Or it might just bite you in the ass.

Hell it might bite you in the ass for following it. That's the little conundrum about this situation you find yourself in. What is it that fate and destiny want from you?

You don't know. Doesn't matter right now. A plan is a plan.

Looking around on the roof you are actually on is more graffiti. One thing sticks our prominently in your head among the dragons and various caricatures is a single word. While the rest of the graffiti is simply moving slightly this word is different. The best way to describe what is happening is to say it's flowing. Shifting from one state to another without any errors.

The word is Synthesia.

You make a mental note of that.

So, where in the world did that girl go? You look down from the roof top.

Oh, she's on the street.

She just took the fire exit didn't she.

*Creak. Creak*

No. You refuse to believe you heard that.

*Crack*

And the roof falls in under you.

You regret everything.

Ow. Ow. Ow.

You fall through three floors into a basement.

That. Hurt.

A pair of tiny figures float above your head.

"You think it's dead?"

Chibi_Devil_by_BlueUndine.jpg

"It's not an it. Maybe it can get us out of here?"

4e3deb4d9290bf3e84578a8dd52f05b0.jpeg

"If it can even see us. It's been how long since we've been seen? Something like two thousand four hundred twenty three years, nine months, three weeks, five days, ten hours, five minutes, twenty nine seconds, 8-9 milseconds since we were trapped here. Not that I've been counting."

"You could ask?"

You're going to guess that this is what fate and destiny wanted you to see here.

Fuck.

You could ignore them. Could being the operative word.

So what now?

Last edited by a moderator:

[X] Okay, you can deal with this. They were obviously the mysterious people that introduced you to the supernatural. That is a standard things in such situations, right? And that girl from earlier may be a witch, or Vampire or something similar. She will probably become important in the future and you likely met her because you chose the lovely stranger trait.
- [X] "Hello? I am new to this whole magical stuff, you look like you want to get out of here and cannot do it for some reason. And well, I also want to leave this place before anything bad happens and I could use the help of People that understand this whole Magic stuff. So just tell me how to get you out and we can do that. By the way, my name is Marc Blacach, and you are?"

[x] Nope. You don't see anything! If you ignore them they're bound to go away. Clearly they don't expect you to be able to see them, which is why you're going to say nothing.

Instead see if you can jump high enough, hop across the rubble, or wallrun or something to get back up through that hole you fell down through and make your way out like that.

[X] Nope. You don't see anything! If you ignore them they're bound to go away. Clearly they don't expect you to be able to see them, which is why you're going to say nothing.
-[X] Instead see if you can jump high enough, hop across the rubble, or wallrun or something to get back up through that hole you fell down through and make your way out like that.

[X] Okay, you can deal with this. They were obviously the mysterious people that introduced you to the supernatural. That is a standard things in such situations, right? And that girl from earlier may be a witch, or Vampire or something similar. She will probably become important in the future and you likely met her because you chose the lovely stranger trait.
- [X] "Hello? I am new to this whole magical stuff, you look like you want to get out of here and cannot do it for some reason. And well, I also want to leave this place before anything bad happens and I could use the help of People that understand this whole Magic stuff. So just tell me how to get you out and we can do that. By the way, my name is Marc Blacach, and you are?"

Heaven Canceler said:

Sigh.

Might as well get this over with. This is obviously what you have to do here.

"Yes I can in fact hear what you are saying. Please stop with the it's now. I'm a human male if you didn't notice or have the ability to tell. The correct pronoun is he."

The fairy face faults while the imp starts laughing manically and fist pumps.

"Yesssss. He belongs to the sarcasm side of the force. I win the bet after all these years."

The fairy Hurrumphs at the imp.

"Fine. I'll admit you were right. However we should introduce ourselves. I'll allow you to go first so I can challenge what you say before he has a chance to let it set in.

"Ruin my fun will you. Fine~ I'm the Shadow Lord Undris I-"

The fairy drop kicks him.

"He's lying again. I'm sorry. We've been here so long that we get so bored and we start making things up. His name is Undris anyways however. I'm Arila. I'm a fairy and he's an Imp."

"That was cruel."

"Not really."

"Fine."

The fairy turns to you.

"Now, it's your turn to introduce yourself. It's only good manners right?"

The fairy smiles cheerfully.

"My name is Marc."

"is that short for Marcus and could we get your las-"

The imp punches the fairy in the back of the head.

"He has to let us leave of his free will. You can't compel him like that."

The imp bows it's head.

"I'm sorry about that. A word of warning though, don't tell any fae your full name. It ends poorly for all involved. I remember the last time something like that happened."

He shudders.

"I doubt the man wanted that many wives."

The imp starts speaking in falsetto.

"Oh I couldn't let him break their hearts. It'd be better if they all got together. It's much more romantic this way."

He looks at the fairy with narrowed eyes.

"Most fairies won't harm you with that, but they still cause way too much trouble. Spreading Romance my ass."

You decide to speak up before you start regretting it.

"I'll do it. Just tell me how."

The imp and the fairy stop their bickering and just stop.

"What."

In perfect unison. You have to give them credit for that.

"I need help. I don't understand the supernatural. I was recently dumped into it the other day. I could really use your help. Honestly."

The fairy pipes up.

"But, If you do you'll become a trouble magnet. The more you get involved with the supernatural the more it starts getting weirder. Do you really want to get more into it? You could just run away. No one would notice."

The imp has an odd look in his eye.

"You remind me of him. Don't try to convince him otherwise Arila. All you'll do is convince him further.

Actually the real reason is that you are already a trouble magnet. Not that you'll tell them that. You really are just going with the flow here.

Plus you really do need the help.

You don't want another arm through your chest ever again. If that means dealing with these two? So be it.

"Fine. No one can say I didn't try to warn him off from taking the rings."

Rings?

The little fairy motions for you to follow her and leads you to a pair of rings.

One is made of an onyx colored material shaped into a skull with a set of bat wings carved into the gold. The other is a white cracked heart with tears carved into the silver.

The imp begins to grandstand now.

"Behold the Rings Undris and Arila."

"I'm guessing I need to put these on?"

"Yep."

The imp pops the p.

"I'm going to guess these rings do more then just keep you here."

"Oh they do. But we have no idea what they'll do until you put them on."

The fairy announces in cheerful ignorance.

"No one has in fact wore them before. So we have no clue what they do. Well besides anchor us nearby."

It's starting to get boring. And that means that something is going to happen soon.

Deciding to just put the rings on and deal with the consequences later.

Slipping them on is easy.

You don't feel any different and the two chibi beings are still there.

"So what now?"

"Just leave. We'll be able to follow."

It's becoming way too easy. Something is bound to go wrong. According to pretty much any show you've watched this would be the point where you get ambushed and suddenly have to figure out how to work out your super powerful artifact that no one's ever seen before.

It's rather cliche.

But at least you aren't surprised when Mister I punched a hole in you appears by smashing through the roof of the basement your in.

The creature looks at you.

"Didn't I kill you already?"

"No."

"I'm pretty sure I did."

"Nope."

"Aw well. Just means I get to kill you for the first time again."

Once again your mouth gets you into trouble.

You access the situation.

You are in a small somewhat collapsed basement. You are dealing with something much stronger then you and have no room to dodge. You have a pair of magical rings on your hands that you don't know how to use.

You have the advantage.

So what now?

Hm? by any chance are you taking inspiration in the visual novel "Rewrite" for the fairies?, their personalities just reminded me of em somewhat.

[X] Fuck fighting fair, Groin kicks exist for a reason, hell there's a ton of debris as well perfect for going for the eyes. IE you are getting out of there alive by any means necessary.

I hadn't actually heard of rewrite before you asked about it.

Latewave said:
I hadn't actually heard of rewrite before you asked about it.
Well its done by KEY so yeah, not to spoil but while there are some awesome moments of heartwarming and really funny scenes its quite grimderp.
i still recomend it of course, its quite awesome.

Okay, we don't know what the rings do. We could try using them, but that's a crapshot at best and our luck, while not awful, isn't great.

What we have is crazy mobility. If we want to use that to our advantage, we need room to maneuver. So that means we need to not be in a small confined space. Best way out is the way that we came in. Which means getting up without getting killed. We can either lose him above or stay out of his range then dart in. Either way, a bigger arena should favor our abilities more. We don't need to kill him, just get the hell out of town. Being in public might constrain his actions as well.

[X] Plan This Guy's Really Going to Want to Kill us Now.
-[X] These fairies are old and more knowledgeable than you. Whisper an aside to have them keep telling you anything whatsoever that might be relevant.
-[X] There's no room to get away, and arm-stabby guy expects you to run. Keep the conversation going as long as possible, asking questions about why he killed you and everything. Info is nice, but you mostly want to keep him thinking about the conversation rather than stabby.
-[X] Then mid-sentence, start accusing him of cheating on you with another man. Charge at him screaming like a madman while he's confused or defensive. Even if it only distracts him for a moment, that's all you need to take the lead here.
-[X] Dodge his strikes if he recovers in time, jump on his face and use it as a stepping stone to leap out of the basement. Keep running like hell.
-[X] Of course if there's anything you instinctively feel you should try with the rings, do that too.

-[X] These fairies are old and more knowledgeable than you. Whisper an aside to have them keep telling you anything whatsoever that might be relevant.
-[X] There's no room to get away, and arm-stabby guy expects you to run. Keep the conversation going as long as possible, asking questions about why he killed you and everything. Info is nice, but you mostly want to keep him thinking about the conversation rather than stabby.
-[X] Then mid-sentence, start accusing him of cheating on you with another man. Charge at him screaming like a madman while he's confused or defensive. Even if it only distracts him for a moment, that's all you need to take the lead here.
-[X] Dodge his strikes if he recovers in time, jump on his face and use it as a stepping stone to leap out of the basement. Keep running like hell.
-[X] Of course if there's anything you instinctively feel you should try with the rings, do that too.

Before the update. Let's have a small tutorial.

With Professor Late.

Let's talk about Artifacts. Now that's an ambiguous term isn't it. What Defines an Artifact with a capital A? Only four things really. An Event, A Choice, A Person, and An Item.

Now Artifacts are born when something Important happens. It could only be important to you or important to the entire human race. However the bigger then event the more powerful the Artifact. To give an example.

The Lunar Landing. How many people have dreamed of the moon? Fell in love with the moon? A lot. Now that human imagination, that power all focused on that event.

It created an artifact. A rather powerful one. But that doesn't matter now. Let's talk about Undris and Arila, the Rings not the actual beings. We'll get to them eventually. In another tutorial. Maybe. The Artifact looks rather simple. A pair of rings. They aren't. What I'll reveal at the moment is the most basic and important to the situation at hand.

They boost your stats. By a lot. +2 to STR and END +1 to AGL Yeah. It's a bit absurd. And that's the most basic thing it's doing to you. You'll find out it's true power eventually.

Heh heh heh.

But yeah Artifacts are born from residual human magic. Usually on accident. But enough on that.

Take a deep breathe. Release. Think. He's being relatively non threatening. You mutter under your breath.

"Anything would be helpful you two. You want to get out of here, you have to get me out of here. I need to know everything."

Undris appears on your shoulder.

"He's an Arthian. Rather nasty. Strong and somewhat stupid. On the other hand very loyal. Bunch of predatory instincts wrapped in a nice humanoid form. Didn't quite look that humanoid last I saw one but that was fucking ages ago. But the thing is, I don't think this is a normal one. He's able to actually pronounce human words. That's a major step up in intelligence for that race. So yeah when you kill it it's more then likely going to drop the average Arthian IQ by like several dozen points."

"Undris."

"What I'm not going to lie. They don't need to be smart. They have bosses for that."

"Weaknesses please?"

"Well, they don't really have weakness, more like things they aren't good at. Vertical movement is a good one to abuse here."

And with that tidbit of information. You now have a plan. Relatively stupid. But a plan.

"So, Why do you want to kill me. I know I've paid all my bills and not annoyed anyone important."

"Is an interesting question I do not know the answer to. It is probable it is because you are a human. You race did genocide the bosses. Like Multiple times. He may hold a grudge."

He shrugs.

"He may not. It is interesting yes? All I know Is that I get paid to kill you twice."

He looks you over.

"Can I get the number of your resurrectionist? He does good work. Cannot tell that you had missing heart."

... He thinks you're a zombie? Fuck him. Perfectly new body here.

"So can I hear more about your boss? Sounds interesting. He has you under his command after all."

A little flattery goes everywhere. And a lot of fake sincerity makes it seem convincing. You gave up empathy. That just makes you a better liar. Specially as you aren't going to regret what's coming.

"He's a Demon. You humans aren't as smart as you thought. You missed some of his cultists. They hid and then broke some of his seals."

He blinks.

"Now that I think of it. You might be one of his seals. It would explain why he sent me instead of some two bit monster."

The Creature seems pleased that he put that together. You're pleased because he closed his eyes enjoying the moment of intelligence. Because it doesn't give him time to react to this. By the time his eyes open, You are already in the air. Spinning. And then both feet come in contact with his face.

*Crunch*

And that was the sound of you breaking it's jaw and various other things in that region of it's face. Bounce up and out of the pit that you were in.

"G'day. And fuck you."

A stream of obscenities pours out of the hole in the floor.

"I don't know half of what he's saying but I do know that I really really pissed him the fuck off."

You look down the hole again. Doesn't look like he's going to be able to get out anytime soon. You decide to run full bore like a bat out of hell. Just because you know that was anticlimactic. It's not finished yet. So something else is lurking for you. Now to figure out where it's going to hit you from. And how. Sending two of those things wouldn't be smart. You'd send something that would counter the faults of the other creature. Something smart. And silent.

You dodge.

Because thematically fuck you. The bolt embeds into the concrete in front of you.

"Didn't expect you to escape from the Arthian. You didn't before."

"Well fuck you too."

"You aren't my type."

You dodge another crossbow bolt. Slow as fuck these are. Weren't they supposed to be faster then that.

"Come out where I can see you. I need to punch something and I know you aren't nearly as tough as that Arthian fucker."

His answer is another crossbow bolt. Your reply on the other hand is a rock to the middle of his forehead. Triangulation bitch.

So what now?

Wow, really nice update. Can't post much right now, hopefully I will get some time in a bit to respond. So far loving the system though.

The other one was a slow but strong melee type. This one's a clever subtle ranged type. We dealt with strength by creating distance, let's do the opposite here.

[X] You know where it is. Time to see how fast you can move if you really try.
-[X] Charge head-long at it.
-[X] Remember to keep listening to the fairies.
-[X] While going at him is good, moving in a straight line gets you shot. Besides, 2-dimensional movement is for noobs. Let your instincts take free reign and go crazy, wall-running, bouncing off the ceiling, anything to keep your movement jarring and hard to follow so he can't draw a bead on you effectively enough to get a shot. Make sure to keep dodging too.

[X] You know where it is. Time to see how fast you can move if you really try.
-[X] Charge head-long at it.
-[X] Remember to keep listening to the fairies.
-[X] While going at him is good, moving in a straight line gets you shot. Besides, 2-dimensional movement is for noobs. Let your instincts take free reign and go crazy, wall-running, bouncing off the ceiling, anything to keep your movement jarring and hard to follow so he can't draw a bead on you effectively enough to get a shot. Make sure to keep dodging too.

Okay. You're angry. Really fucking angry. It's one thing to be killed randomly by some random monster fucker. It's another thing entirely when someone else tries to kill you. It's already the second attempt on your life and already it's lost it's luster.
All you want to do now is punch this fucker in the face and then go get something to eat. But you know fate isn't that nice a bitch. She's more likely to send another guy because you haven't had a climatic fight that activates whatever the fuck these rings do.
Fate and Destiny are predictable. Free Will on the other hand. She causes trouble.

Closing your eyes you breathe in and see a path. It's absurd. It makes no sense. You shouldn't be able to do this. You mind screams at you. But you can feel it. How slow the bolts are. How you've been able to dodge them so easily.The rings must have boosted you up again. You wonder what in the world that stat screen would say now. Never mind. What's more important is the path. It's absurd. No human could do it. Well maybe in a martial arts film. It's stupid but you know you can do it. The path requires you to run on a crossbow bolt. It's stupid. But it will work. All it requires is for the idiot with a crossbow to shoot again.

*Twip*

The string is released and the bolt begins to move agonizingly slowly. You yawn, making a show of it even though you're not sure if the other guy can even see you with how fast you're moving, let alone react. But you won't worry about that; one thing at a time. The bolt is where it needs to be. So you jump on it.

"Bloo.."

Leaping onto the Fire exit railing. Then springing forward to land on a flagpole. You pause a second to let him react a bit more. You are in fact having a bit too much fun. It's a tiny bit dangerous but that's not going to stop you. You are going to make sure fate and destiny don't have to throw a third assassin at you. Even if it means people calling bullshit on you.

"dy He.."

The next crossbow bolt fires. The path didn't really require this one. So now it's just showing off. Oh well, that's half the fun after all. So you jump onto it. You smile wildly. Getting the hang of this. You wish you had an audience that could actually react to it. Not like this idiot.

"ll."

Now you are on the same roof as the bugger. He's got three eyes and a horn on the side of his head. At least he looks somewhat human. Nothing like the thug from before. It kind of feels worse that this guy who looks so human wants to kill you. It's one thing for a wierd monster to try to kill you. It's another for this fucker. He's almost completely human looking. Does that make you racist? You don't think so since he is trying to kill you.

"Fuck. That's fast. You weren't like this when running from the big guy before. How did that happen?"

He notices the rings on your hands.

"Wait a second. Your dossier didn't have you wearing rings. Those are an artifact. Fuck fuck fuckity fuck."

He pulls out a dagger and begins smiling. This is not the reaction you were expecting at all. Where is the cowering? The fear? Something here is off. You don't like this at all. It smells like a genre convention popping up.

"Now, I don't know how fast you can react. It's certainly faster then me. But I cheat. I'm giving you once chance to let me go. I'll even stop trying to kill you."

His smug bastard face gets even more smug bastard-y.

"Or I could use that and likely nip you with this."

He waves the knife around. You can vaguely see some kind of purple liquid on it. Poisoned, exactly what you would do to that knife. You approve of the cheating but it's done by the bastard.

So what do you do now, oh brave protag?

[X] Cheat the cheater! Pretend to agree to let him leave while sending you fairy and imp to disarm him.

Not sure the imp and fairy can actually touch anything.

[ ] Well, you need info. Time to bargain a little. ANd best to bargain from a position of power.
-[ ] Quietly get the fairies to fill you in on this guy.
-[ ] Laugh it off and hold up your rings. "You have no clue what this does, do you?"
-[ ] "If you really thought it would be that easy, you'd just kill me. The fact that you haven't moved after that performance means you realize how risky that would be. So, I have no reason to let you go... for free, do I?"
-[ ] Offer to let him go if he gives you more information on his boss. Keep an eye out for any sign of trickery or the like and be ready to speed-blitz him if you can.
-[ ] If it does come to a fight, stay on the opposite side of him from the dagger. You're faster by far, so simply get to his back or near his other arm and don't let him spin around on you, attacking him from the unarmed direction.

Darkened said:
Not sure the imp and fairy can actually touch anything.

[ ] Well, you need info. Time to bargain a little. ANd best to bargain from a position of power.
-[ ] Quietly get the fairies to fill you in on this guy.
-[ ] Laugh it off and hold up your rings. "You have no clue what this does, do you?"
-[ ] "If you really thought it would be that easy, you'd just kill me. The fact that you haven't moved after that performance means you realize how risky that would be. So, I have no reason to let you go... for free, do I?"
-[ ] Offer to let him go if he gives you more information on his boss. Keep an eye out for any sign of trickery or the like and be ready to speed-blitz him if you can.
-[ ] If it does come to a fight, stay on the opposite side of him from the dagger. You're faster by far, so simply get to his back or near his other arm and don't let him spin around on you, attacking him from the unarmed direction.

Out of time and out of character It's time for who's that Pokemon? I mean Monster. Yeah. Monster. With special guests Professor Undris and Ms. Arila.

The Imp is in fact wearing a Professor's suit and hat, he also has a pointer stick but that's besides the point.

"Hey wait, why does he get to be a professor while I'm just miss Arila?"

"I have a degree, I'll have you know."

The Fairy's jaw drops.

"What?"

"I do. Unlike some people, I actually had to work to become a magical minion. Only the top five imps in the world can compete for a vaunted familiar position. I majored in Chaos and Trickery. I was good at it too. Top of my class and the highest marks in five hundred years. I worked hard to be a minion."

"I don't know what to say to that. I didn't know it was that hard to become a minion. I'm sorry."

"Don't worry about it. Most of us Imps won't say anything about it. It's just we get no respect and we do work so hard. I mean you should see the drop outs. They basically make things so weird."

Ahem.

"Oh right the little skit with the monster. Oh well."

The imp pulls down a screen with the image of the monster that you are currently facing on it. It's been drawn with by what looks to be crayon.

"This is a specimen of the Trisult race. Note the three eyes and the single horn. He's a juvenile of about what I'd say two hundred and fifty years. Give or take a few. You can tell by the fact that he still only has one horn and no scales or claws. At his age he'd still have access to the magic that his younger forms would have. Mostly illusion magic which is still nasty. Of course there is always a chance that he's a half breed, which means he's actually younger then that and lacks the magic or pretty much any of the natural traits his bloodline has. It's a fifty fifty shot with his race."

He taps the pointer against the picture for emphasis.

Arila takes over.

"The common weakness to abuse with Trisults are to go after the eyes. Whether it's bright lights, rocks or sharp pointy things Trisults hate it. Another trick is to set them on fire. But that's mostly because most things don't take being set on fire very well. More importantly for you and what you are capable of at the moment? A punch in the dick. What? Don't look at me like that. Trisults have like so many major nerves running through the crotch area it's not funny. That and the fact that the pelvic region is notoriously fragile due to the transformation into an adult of his race."

Undris nods and again hits the drawing with the pointer.

"Other then magics you don't have and weaponry which you don't have, that concludes this episode of Who's that Monster? (TM)."

"Bye now"

Back to reality.

You can read this guy like a book. He doesn't know what those rings can do and he's afraid, well let's rephrase that cautious. Which in honestly you feel about the same due to not having a clue what they can do either but that doesn't mean you can't bullshit him about it. Bluffing is a trait you are in fact good at.

"You have no idea what these rings can do, do you? You don't know what I'm capable of and that makes you anxious. You know that it makes me fast enough that I can dodge crossbow bolts and walk on them. Here's the big question, what else can it do? You don't know. It's already enough to scare you and I haven't even started with anything yet. Now be a good monster and put down the knife before I really show you what they can do."

A gamut of emotions pass through his face. He wants to run forward and stab you, but he drops the knife instead.

"Good. Kick it towards me."

He kicks it towards you and backs away towards the ledge. It's a sheer drop with no hand holds nearby.

"Now you are going to answer a few questions for me. The Arthian answered a few. I need to know more. If you don't tell me what I want to know. Well."

You gesture to the rings.

"I'll have to use these on you. We both don't want that to happen. Now do we? So tell me about your boss, besides the fact he's a demon. Why does he want to kill me. I'm no one. No one at all."

The Trisult laughs.

"Why does a demon want to kill a human? That's like asking why a cat kills a mouse. Because it can." A smug smirk appears on his face again. "And that no one at all bullshit is hilarious. A week ago you died to the Arthian. Now you're working around taking him on and winning and fighting me. You fucking ran on crossbow bolts. And you say you aren't special. Hahaha. He want's you dead because of what you can be rather then what you are. It's a interesting conundrum. You weren't really all that special before you died. Then the boss ordered you dead because of what that man said. Now you can actually fight back. Makes me wonder if the boss created a self fulfilling prophecy. Oh well, Isn't my job to care about things like that."

He looks down at his watch.

"Almost sunset. I wouldn't be out for much longer then that myself. Nasty things start popping out. Much worse then myself. But it's also teatime with the misses and I can't miss that."

He grins wildly.

"Time for this charade to be over."

He falls over the edge. You rush to the edge to see the fucker go splat.

*WHOOSH*

A winged shape speeds by you. The fucker is riding a fucking eagle. Where the fuck do you get a fucking eagle in the city? You could chase after the fucker but it's not like you can fucking fly. Cheating cheater. Forget it. It's not important enough for you to care. You'll beat the shit out of him later. He seems the type to become a recurring nuisance. As a consolation prize you do in fact steal the knife he dropped on the ground. Might be useful, might not be useful. Who the fuck knows? You've apparently got an infinite inventory so you might as well fill it with crap you pick up off the ground.

You got Poisoned? Knife.

And then your head starts pounding. Feels like someone is taking a sledgehammer to your brain. All other considerations for what you could beyond this point don't matter. You are going home, taking some headache pills and then eating some fucking pizza. You do wonder what brought the headache on. You aren't prone to them more so then your average person anyways.

Later that night after a pizza or two and several drinks of various toxicity. You feel much better now, absurdly so. You decide to make a priority list of shit you should do/can do tomorrow. You have minions now. So it should be easier to figure out things unlike before right? Right?

Priorities. Pick one

[]Synthesia. You have no idea what the fuck is going on with this. It's just a name with moving paint. It also has a cute girl. That is pretty much all the motivation you really need to find out more stuff about them.

[]The Demon. The fucker that has tried to have you killed twice. Well has killed you once and attempted to kill you again afterwards. You need revenge. Mostly because you want to punch the Trisult fucker in the dick.

[]The Artifact. You know shit all about what the Rings are supposed to do.
[]Practice with them?
[]Or maybe try to find some jerk that knows shit about them. More then the minions do anyways.

[]The World. You know jack shit about the magical world. Go lurk about the city and find out shit. Oh and try to find shops. It's a video game there are always shops.

[]The Bills. Money money money. You always need money. Well you have the advantage of having game physics behind you. It's time to break reality over your knee and make that money so you can get that honey.

[X]The World. You know jack shit about the magical world. Go lurk about the city and find out shit. Oh and try to find shops. It's a video game there are always shops.

[X]The Bills. Money money money. You always need money. Well you have the advantage of having game physics behind you. It's time to break reality over your knee and make that money so you can get that honey.

[X]The Demon. The fucker that has tried to have you killed twice. Well has killed you once and attempted to kill you again afterwards. You need revenge. Mostly because you want to punch the Trisult fucker in the dick.

[X]The World. You know jack shit about the magical world. Go lurk about the city and find out shit. Oh and try to find shops. It's a video game there are always shops.
-[X] Also keep using your pet fairies. They seem fairly knowledgeable about, well, everything. You'd be an idiot to ignore that.

The demon has to be going wtf right now and we really have no leads whatsoever on where to go there. On the other hand, figuring out what the hell is going on will leave us better prepared to deal with things in general.

With our agility we can be an amazing pickpocket/shoplifter, so we can almost certainly make do without actual legitimate income for a while and just steal on an as needed basis. (Wouldn't be ideal long term, but we can manage for now.)

We minmaxed for learning at chargen, meaning we'll figure out the rules here quickly. We should make use of this ASAP to get a leap ahead on world/system/ability knowledge.

-[X] Also keep using your pet fairies. They seem fairly knowledgeable about, well, everything. You'd be an idiot to ignore that.

If you ever are going to figure out what's going on with the second world. You are going to need to know more about what's going on in the background. What the buzz in the world is about. You'd ask the minions about it, but they were stuck in a basement for two thousand years and a bit. Taking a deep breathe you close your eyes while you think. Okay, there is another world hidden behind the world you live in. That's really the only thing you know for sure. Monsters only live in one, however you seem to live in two now. You personally can interact with normal people. So if you were going to build a shop that can cater to the two types you'd still need somewhere that makes sense for normal people to go.

"Hey, Arila, is it possible for a place to have more space then what a normal person can see? You know some kind of space between things sort of thing?"

"The barrier that humans created does that naturally to prevent you from wandering into dangerous areas. So there are several areas where before were smaller looking could be much bigger. Space can also be bent a little bit. So yeah it can happen."

That's all you needed to know. You now have a location in mind to visit. It's an obvious place to visit for shopping. To the shopping Mall. What? At the very least you'll be able to go shopping for normal stuff if you need it.

You begin to go out walking to the mall. Taking the rooftops just invites another fight. You don't feel like fighting this early in the morning. No way you'll be as lucky as yesterday. Not with your luck anyways. You blink, are people starting to fade? The fuck? You wave your hands in front of the people as they continue to fade into pale shades. One of them walks straight through you. What the fuck is going on here?

"First timer huh? Good thing I'm here. It's weird to be alone when it happens for the first time."

You look behind you to see

c7IyKxo.jpg

...So cute. You shake your head to clear it.

"So how do you figure that I'm a first timer?"

"Simple mate. You freaked out when the other people disappeared. You get used to it to a point, but I'm being impolite. My name is Jean. Wanna buy a newspaper?" She smiles at you. "Sorry but I have to ask. It's part of the rules. Just like wearing the outfit. So do you need any help? I've got nothing better to do. I've only got the one Newspaper left you see. Then I'm done for the day."

[]Cute Girl. Offering to help you. This is a hard decision. Yes please.
[]Ask Questions. Write in.
[]Maybe be slightly suspicious?
[]No.

Extra Action.
[]Buy the Newspaper.

OOC note.
Short update. Let's you get a bit of advice that isn't out of date by 2000 years.

[]Cute Girl. Offering to help you. This is a hard decision. Yes please.
[]Ask Questions. "So a demon lord/king thingy just sent two demons to kill me. They didn't succeed but is there any easy way to protect my self from more demons?

Extra Action.
[X]Buy the Newspaper.
Current magical news wonderful!

[X]Cute Girl. Offering to help you. This is a hard decision. Yes please.
- [X] maybe some food? It can't be that hard to find someplace, and without a newspaper she's off the clock, right?

[X]Buy the Newspaper.

[X]Cute Girl. Offering to help you. This is a hard decision. Yes please.
- [X] maybe some food? It can't be that hard to find someplace, and without a newspaper she's off the clock, right?

[X]Buy the Newspaper.
We is Gentlemanly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back