• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Advent of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

DxD spells especially bound enchantments work from absorption of ambient mana. Unless they have a specific active component that needs a massive drain of the stuff.
read it again

Okay, how about this as a basic idea: Artifact takes the form of a ring in the shape of a coiled dragon made from Orichalcum. When first worn by someone already touched by the Gift of Radiant Destiny it takes a single mote of Essence permanently in order to attune itself to the bearer and amplifies the shard of Solar Essence within them into something that transcends mortality.

even if it's one mote, loosing that one mote could be the difference between killing an enemy and mote-taping and getting ganked in return or not being able to kill the enemy quickly enough to save someone else

even if it's one mote, loosing that one mote could be the difference between killing an enemy and mote-taping and getting ganked in return or not being able to kill the enemy quickly enough to save someone else
You do know Attunement is a one time cost to ensure that a Artifact cannot be used by anyone else for [Artifact Dot]*[Essence] Days after having its bearer dead (some rule it to being outside X Miles its up to the ST) right? Its not a Commited Cost.

You do know Attunement is a one time cost to ensure that a Artifact cannot be used by anyone else for [Artifact Dot]*[Essence] Days after having its bearer dead (some rule it to being outside X Miles its up to the ST) right? Its not a Commited Cost.
then the language of that need to be fixed, I still stand by my decoder ring statement, and the fact that we shouldn't be giving our rings as powerups to everyone, but as actual gifts to our girls

then the language of that need to be fixed, I still stand by my decoder ring statement, and the fact that we shouldn't be giving our rings as powerups to everyone, but as actual gifts to our girls
The Rings or whatever we are making are vessels in theory the spell to make them Essence 5 combines with their Soul as a additional piece of them. The ring is simply a manifestation of that.

We are sticking the powerup to their Souls and having whatever can be taken on/off as symbols of that Gift.

The Ring itself can likely act as a External Pool as they are God-Blooded and in actuality only have one pool.

Stroth let me know if I've messed anything up in translation.

Alexander, is this a legitimate plan?

Prerequisites:
  • Gift of Radiant Destiny
Cost:
  • The ring must be attuned for 1 mote
Orichalcum ring.
  • Removes Essence score limit and qualifies them for CMA
  • Extended lifespan to normal Solar limits, limits aging like being a Solar does
  • Qualifies users for all Solar charms and Solar Sorcery (but their attributes and abilities are treated as one less than actual value)
  • They have to learn charms as a foreign charm (12xp)
  • Solar healing times
  • Choose five abilities, treat them as favored

Okay, how about this as a basic idea: Artifact takes the form of a ring in the shape of a coiled dragon made from Orichalcum. When first worn by someone already touched by the Gift of Radiant Destiny it takes a single mote of Essence permanently in order to attune itself to the bearer and amplifies the shard of Solar Essence within them into something that transcends mortality.

A being that is Chosen to bear such a ring is no longer Mortal, yet not quite Exalted. She enjoys health equal to that of an Exalt: a constitution capable of shrugging off all but the foulest of poisons and disease, flesh that turns away blunt blows, wounds that do not bleed, natural healing that can overcome the darkest magics without aid and acts with incredible speed, even age itself is pushed away to become a very distant foe.

Skill is equally enhanced. Firstly, the Chosen is granted a true connection to Creation, giving five favored abilities that can be learned without need of training. Secondly, the Chosen is capable of drawing upon the authority of the Lawgivers, though not with the ease of one truly blessed by Ignis Divine. Chosen are capable of learning Solar charms, including Celestial Martial Arts and Solar Sorcery, however as they are not Solars their stats are treated as one less than actual for the purpose of learning charms and the experience cost is that of a foreign charm (12xp).

The Rings or whatever we are making are vessels in theory the spell to make them Essence 5 combines with their Soul as a additional piece of them. The ring is simply a manifestation of that.

We are sticking the powerup to their Souls and having whatever can be taken on/off as symbols of that Gift.

The Ring itself can likely act as a External Pool as they are God-Blooded and in actuality only have one pool.
...we CAN'T give them a second essence pool, we can't make baby Exalts that's the sort of shit that we need Auto-Kun for, seriously that's hard coded into the setting

Mittelt has one pool, just like everyone else, other then us, which is only a thing because we are an Exalt, even Sol Invictus has one freaking Essence Pool, they don't need more then one without needing a stealth pool to keep from flaring there anima banner and as we are not giving them that stupid thing *worst handicap ever* it doesn't matter

making something manifest to show the enhancement is silly and tactically unsound, not to mention a opens things up for some sort of BS to come along and de-power them in the future, all we need is some SG that lets someone steal anything they can see and make it there own as long as it's not another SG and they be fucked and we have a seriously dangerous enemy on our hands (this is exactly what I would do to fuck us over if it was me and you were pulling something like this items tied to power-ups are a horrible idea particularly if they are visible any time after they are used for the first time

seriously this sort of stuff is the reason I thought a Blank Card would be a better base unit, Issei and whoever charge the which creates the link, Alexander picks whatever Major Arcana he figures works best for the character and gives them Epic Attribute boosts in line with that, and leave it open for in the future for them to have a BB type moment where they manafest another card for more power if need be, simple, easy, the basic card set to give a flat 1 dot buff to Stamina, Dexterity and Wits (because those are the most important combat stats)

no muse no fuse, no retarded votes every time someone gets empowered and best of all, and stupid bling, honestly I'd have used playing cards only the Angels do that and that would limit us, this way we can have a major empowerment with the Major Arcana Blank cards and a lesser Empowerment with a Minor Arcana Card if we want /shrug

but I doubt everyone else if going to agree with that, which is why I didn't bring it up again until now

Thing stand that whatever thing we vote for is going into them then. We don't need anything to get back, stuff a small marble into them and Bam done. They don't need visual confirmation of the effects or weeaboo things to play with.

Well I went hunting about the Half-Caste stuff

Yeah, I knew that the moment I say "this is how you make Half-Caste" you would jump at it :D

Make no mistake: A Half-Caste is a far cry from an Exaltation, not it is a power-up. The true strength lies in the Charms.

I was reading how to make Orichalcum, but I am not sure about some things: how long is the time required to transform gold into Orichalcum? Can Charms supply for the assence of mirrors and lava? Is the process of refining and the one of forging separate?

that's one of his comments

another was

I was aware of that. For that I made up some rules:

-In this quest Half-Caste can reach up only to Essence 3. Becoming Gods is the only way to surpass the limit.
-They don't learn native Charms, but thematic Spirit Charms, which you players can created: but they must be weaker than proper Solar Charms.
-Excellencies are the only exception to the above rule: they can have the same effects as their Solar parent Charms.
-All Charms are Unfavored and costs 10 Xp.

Eiko is a good example: after you finish the Familiar Contract (tomorrow In-Story) she will gain the Half-Caste status (together with Familiar benefits). In her case, raising Essence above 3 happens after living for a certain number of years.

but anyway if needs must

Alexander am I correct that Issei is the only person who's going to be getting Solar Charms, that we are not going to be able to wave our fingers at whatever empowerment item we create and suddenly our group will be a force of baby Solar Exalts (I can't believe I have to even ask this question)

End the Evil Pieces - Options
My god, I thought that with a clear option ready it would be easier, but I was wrong.

Alexander am I correct that Issei is the only person who's going to be getting Solar Charms, that we are not going to be able to wave our fingers at whatever empowerment item we create and suddenly our group will be a force of baby Solar Exalts (I can't believe I have to even ask this question)
Yes. One thousand times yes. Why must this be repeated so many times?

I must ask this now. What do you prefer?

[] Still debating among yourself about form and effects of Issei's Evil Pieces, WITHOUT insults to others
[] Only decide about a set of fundamental effects beside higher Essence and CMA, and leave the rest to me

I like when the thread is lively. But if insults start pop up I am going to bash it like the hammer of an angry god.

My god, I thought that with a clear option ready it would be easier, but I was wrong.

Yes. One thousand times yes. Why must this be repeated so many times?

[] Still debating among yourself about form and effects of Issei's Evil Pieces, WITHOUT insults to others
[] Only decide about a set of fundamental effects beside higher Essence and CMA, and leave the rest to me

I like when the thread is lively. But if insults start pop up I am going to bash it like the hammer of an angry god.

[X] Only decide about a set of fundamental effects beside higher Essence and CMA, and leave the rest to me

We haven't gotten anywhere in over a year of talking about it. I'll be happy with Stroth's or mine (which I think are the two best defined suggestions I've seen). Even otherwise, I trust you to come up with something nice (probably nicer than we can settle on).

[X] Only decide about a set of fundamental effects beside higher Essence and CMA, and leave the rest to me

no, bad monkey, that's a whole OTHER flame war, besides the whole point of the only decide vote is NOT adding in all the things

Dear alex, please bring this to end!​

I'm back, what did I miss?

Huge flame war. Like, holy spicy guacamole Batman. It was over what to do with our Solar Pieces (Issei's version of the Evil Pieces). In the end, Alexander posted this:

Why must this be repeated so many times?

Now everyone is voting and the war is calming down. So far, the second option seems to be unanimously favored.

*blink*

Huh, if I would been there, I would literary say thing I might regret.

The discussion's gotten pretty acrimonious. In favor of settling the issue I'll handle it off to you Alexander.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back