• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Advent of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

In fairness we haven't exactly decided on how our piece powerup will go or manifest. Correct me if I'm wrong but as a Twilight aren't we the best positioned to customize artifacts?
Only if they invest in crafting, which is shit in 2E and appears to still be flawed in 3E.

I could Issei as the tight to go with thematically match powerups to his own. But we'd have to justify it in story.Alternatively Yang does have a Sacred Gear, perhaps a case of Convergent evolution?
The Magnus are a set of four gears and two are still unaccounted-for. Alternatively, Ember Celica could evolve into a subspecies because of Yang's influence on it. This would make her armor into something awesome that she did rather than yet another awesome thing that we did, and because a subspecies SG is a deeply personal thing it would explain why Issei can't just go around slapping Boosted Gear on everyone else's SGs and give them all free power-ups too.

Only if they invest in crafting, which is shit in 2E and appears to still be flawed in 3E.

The Magnus are a set of four gears and two are still unaccounted-for. Alternatively, Ember Celica could evolve into a subspecies because of Yang's influence on it. This would make her armor into something awesome that she did rather than yet another awesome thing that we did, and because a subspecies SG is a deeply personal thing it would explain why Issei can't just go around slapping Boosted Gear on everyone else's SGs and give them all free power-ups too.

Hmm. I like that second bit. I like the look on Yang. Personally I'm perfectly fine with just her having it, and I do like the idea of passing narratively credit to her for something like that.

Honesty given her own gold and dragon motifs, and the likelihood she'll have an armor based BB I wouldn't be surprised if that was what her BB look like even if we didn't give her one of BG's jewels.

It does fit her quite well and the one we already got planned even looks like we're using our daikalive in it.

Honesty given her own gold and dragon motifs, and the likelihood she'll have an armor based BB I wouldn't be surprised if that was what her BB look like even if we didn't give her one of BG's jewels.

It does fit her quite well and the one we already got planned even looks like we're using our daikalive in it.
Yang is a Chinese name. Her armor, if it looks like a dragon at all, should be very distinct from Boosted Gear given that Ddraig is a stereotypical western dragon.

Yang is a Chinese name. Her armor, if it looks like a dragon at all, should be very distinct from Boosted Gear given that Ddraig is a stereotypical western dragon.

Vrita is an eastern dragon and Saji's subspecies balance breaker looks like Ise's.

Except with tentacles. Cant forget the tentacles. And Vritra is an Indian Dragon. Not a Chinese/Asian-centric Dragon. So there!

Vrita is described as a black Eastern Dragon with purple eyes.

That's not even considering the fact that Yang become a solar half caste though a modified dragon knack so that could influence her as well.

Vrita is an eastern dragon and Saji's subspecies balance breaker looks like Ise's.
Indian dragon, as noted, and also bad design on Ishibumi's part, just like his concept of Durandal.

Vrita is described as a black Eastern Dragon with purple eyes.

That's not even considering the fact that Yang become a solar half caste though a modified dragon knack so that could influence her as well.
See, now you're just inventing really thin excuses. The real reason is that you want a shiny despite the shiny being bad. And it's okay to admit that, there's nothing wrong with liking cool things, but you can't squeeze all of them into a single story and it's a bad idea to try; it does bad things to the writing. It arguably already has.

Indian dragon, as noted, and also bad design on Ishibumi's part, just like his concept of Durandal.

See, now you're just inventing really thin excuses. The real reason is that you want a shiny despite the shiny being bad. And it's okay to admit that, there's nothing wrong with liking cool things, but you can't squeeze all of them into a single story and it's a bad idea to try; it does bad things to the writing. It arguably already has.

You misunderstand. I want it because it would be a good look for her balance breaker. All my reasoning is for why she could have it without implanting Boosted gear's jewel.

I support the balance breaker not the idea of implanting a gem of boosted gear into Yang's gauntlets.

Last edited:

What, so just because she has a chinese name, her dragon powers have to be eastern flavoured?

Thats Racist.

That said, I do agree on the whole "giving her a part of boosted gear" thing being pretty odd.

I mean, she hasn't had enough screen-time as it is (though neither has anyone else, for that matter) but we haven't even anyone else parts of our Sacred Gear, why would we just randomly give her one?

What, so just because she has a chinese name, her dragon powers have to be eastern flavoured?

Thats Racist.
Not sure if serious or not, but yeah, if you want to argue that Yang should have dragon powers because her name has "dragon" in it then you should pay attention to the context of her name and make them match up more closely. I don't buy that logic in the first place anyways; Yang has other much stronger associations that ought to be looked at first before you just randomly start handing her power-ups.

Guys, please remember no insults are allowed in the thread.

Someone has a certain opinion and another one has a different one. That's okay, it's normal.

But you must stay civil when discussing. Alright?

Not sure if serious or not, but yeah, if you want to argue that Yang should have dragon powers because her name has "dragon" in it then you should pay attention to the context of her name and make them match up more closely. I don't buy that logic in the first place anyways; Yang has other much stronger associations that ought to be looked at first before you just randomly start handing her power-ups.

Yeah, I was joking.

I missed the "she has dragon in her name" bit, and was just having a lark at the "she's part chinese so she needs to be a chinese dragon" thing.

I considered saying something like "and obviously she must prefer stir fry to burgers, right?" or whatever, but yeah, I was just taking the piss.

If she gets a power up based on Boosted Gear, then she should have a dragon theme based on the dragon contained in Boosted Gear, (which is obviously Driag, a western dragon) but I can't think of any reason why we'd pry out a part of our Gear and give it to her, so it's a moot point anyway.

Yang doesn't even wear armor. Giving her random power-ups just because "Ooooh, shiny!" is bad writing.
Wanting to give Yang something that strengthen her is bad writing? You can only say that if it comes out of the blue and isn't done for no reason. Hell I can see issei offering to do the same to ruby as well.

Wanting to give Yang something that strengthen her is bad writing? You can only say that if it comes out of the blue and isn't done for no reason. Hell I can see issei offering to do the same to ruby as well.
No, giving her cool stuff just because it's cool and we want it in the story is bad writing. Yang has two more sacred gears lined up and we've barely seen anything from the one she just got, which was her motorcycle if memory serves. She doesn't need a hand-out, particularly one that doesn't fit her.

And Issei offering to do the same for Ruby is a huge part of the problem; he wouldn't stop with just Yang or Yang and Ruby, he'd power up everyone. Issei should not have the ability to hand out power-ups like Halloween candy any more than he already does with the half-caste stuff. It's far more compelling for those characters to earn their strength and be awesome by their own merits, not just because we made them that way.

No, giving her cool stuff just because it's cool and we want it in the story is bad writing. Yang has two more sacred gears lined up and we've barely seen anything from the one she just got, which was her motorcycle if memory serves. She doesn't need a hand-out, particularly one that doesn't fit her.

And Issei offering to do the same for Ruby is a huge part of the problem; he wouldn't stop with just Yang or Yang and Ruby, he'd power up everyone. Issei should not have the ability to hand out power-ups like Halloween candy any more than he already does with the half-caste stuff. It's far more compelling for those characters to earn their strength and be awesome by their own merits, not just because we made them that way.
I guess you think Alex should axe the Evil piece replication too? Cause that is what the end result is going to be. Giving us the ability to hand out power-ups like Halloween candy once we find a strong enough layline. That you think it is bad writing doesn't mean it is. Besides alex could have it only work on people with sacred gears of certain types.

I guess you think Alex should axe the Evil piece replication too? Cause that is what the end result is going to be. Giving us the ability to hand out power-ups like Halloween candy once we find a strong enough layline. That you think it is bad writing doesn't mean it is. Besides alex could have it only work on people with sacred gears of certain types.
If Issei can give an evil piece to literally anyone he wants then yeah, it should be axed. There's 16 pieces to a side in a standard chess set and that's about 8 more than we really need. If we do something else that allows us to power up anybody with no limits then there needs to be a cost attached to it, like an EXP tax or something.

That you think it is bad writing doesn't mean it is.
This isn't a matter of opinion. Authors who throw stuff into a story with no consideration for how it affects the plot and characters are objectively terrible to the same extent as writers who pay no attention to spelling and grammar.

I, trust Alexander that he knows what he is doing, I think he is going to give some kind of balance to evil pieces.

Should we try to give positive and negative effects to the Solar version of Balance Breaker, and the Dragonoid form Balance Breaker?

What tropes should I add to the Tv tropes page?

I am so dying of envy right now :mad: . This guy is amazing and deserve all my YES!

I am almost tempted to add it to the choices for BB Issei's future form. Until now the only candidate was:
t65u1k.jpg
What do you guys think?

I would found it very hard, even if the setting of RWBY doesn't exactly allow for many ecchi/harem moments. But in this case I wouldn't mind being proven wrong :p

....Do you want it to happen?

either is awesome! maybe one for dragoon hybrid and the other for regular BB mode, well as regular as a solar with a soul bound artefact.

as for yang's power up? I'm fine either way as she will definitely get one once she hits BB and gets the full war set. I do hope she gets some sort of dragon motif though as thats a very integral part of DXD side of things since dragons do represent POWER in the setting and she is pretty close to one as well :p

spent enough time around a dragon and it power would rub off on you
Kiba got a Dragon knight BB for his second SG
Akeno got Lightning dragon from sucking Issei dragon arm
i wouldn't be surprise if Yang sub-species BB got a bit of dragon in it

I was just thinking.
Since Issei has an Inner World, thanks to BG, could he potentially learn some of the Infernal Charms that capitalize on that? They'd have to be Occult Charms (possibly Lore) and probably have to create them, but would it be possible to learn variants?

This isn't a matter of opinion. Authors who throw stuff into a story with no consideration for how it affects the plot and characters are objectively terrible to the same extent as writers who pay no attention to spelling and grammar.
Well I can tell what you think of Alex's writing ability considering that you automatically assumed he would do this. Honestly it's starting to come across less as you having legit criticism and more you want this quest to be done the way you want it too.

Last edited:
Makes it more likely honestly. I'm pretty sure Bright's been tweaking his soul structure towards Primordial for a while now.
Not sure if she could do that that easily.

However, what if the Exaltation had been a Slayer, and something happened to the coating that made it an Infernal Exaltation? Maybe explain Bright's presence, and Issei becoming somewhat like a Primordial.

Don't forget that different type of magic/divine energy from both Boosted gear and the exalted shard have been mixing together and there is literally no precedent for what is happening. Its like a solar infusing wyld energy into themselves, the results are entirely unpredictable besides explosions

Well I can tell what you think of Alex's writing ability considering that you automatically assumed he would do this.
He appears to be considering throwing it in simply because his audience demands to have the shiny. This is extremely alarming.

Honestly it's starting to come across as you having legit criticism and more you want this quest to be done the way you want it too.
Both of these are absolutely true! What I want is for the story to continue being of the best possible quality. What I want is for characters to gain power and respect based on their own actions whenever possible. I want good characterization and a plot that is more than the sum of Issei's power-ups. I want the girls to be actors in their own stories, not just decorations that hang off of Issei's arms. If you are opposed to these things then you and I are going to have problems from here on out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back