• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Advent of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Born changes may not have been good, but when you compare to other Light novel to anime adaptations it was descent.

Well I don't know if I saw anything wrong with them at all. I, frankly, could care less about light novels. Light novels are overrated anyway.

I do think Funimation's dub is just really good though. Much better than reading it in light novel form.

Who do you think you're kidding? The novels have no emotional impact whatsoever. The anime couldn't possibly do worse on that front.
Nope, even in their wtf vol 7 the scene where Baraqiel blocked an attack for Akeno, later Azazel thanked Issei for lifting the burden of him (Azazel asked Baraqiel to work that day which resulted in Shuri got assassinated) and Baraqiel cried out when he tasted the lunch made by Akeno, saying it's the same dish when his wife was still alive are better than what the anime can offer.

Funnily enough the changes to made in BORN were deliberate by the studio and Ishibumi. It actually has plot significance in the upcoming DXD EX books.

Hey, can't someone update the tv trope of this, there are some you guys miss out.

Hey, can't someone update the tv trope of this, there are some you guys miss out.
We heard you the first 2 times.

Personally, I'm too lazy to do it. And I haven't memorized enough tropes to know exactly which ones apply to the situations. If you know some that would fit just add them yourself.

Let see... We missing "Reason You Suck" and "Sophisticated as hell" I think.

Nope, even in their wtf vol 7 the scene where Baraqiel blocked an attack for Akeno, later Azazel thanked Issei for lifting the burden of him (Azazel asked Baraqiel to work that day which resulted in Shuri got assassinated) and Baraqiel cried out when he tasted the lunch made by Akeno, saying it's the same dish when his wife was still alive are better than what the anime can offer.
Again, what part of this had any emotional impact at all?

Let's see....

Reason You Suck: Issei pull it off with Raiser during the battle if I recall.

Sophisticated as Hell: Issei give us this in the Youkai arc.
Issei: Anima Banter activate! Form of: I can see through your illusion you idiot.

Do we know when the god of the bible died anyway, if not wich century do you think he died.

Maybe the Original lenguage of that scene may be more emotional.

Then we agree that your assertion that the anime was worse than the novels is also simply different taste. I would assert that it's much better. The first season actually made me tear up once or twice, particularly during Asia's death scene.
That would be the case if Born doesn't have too many QUALITY, shitty designs, cut out content from the source, mess up the power level, original content which doesn't hold up to expectation (Rias armor and the kissing scene).

Oh please, as if the novels are some holy pillar of excellent writing.

Helloooooo Durandal!

cut out content from the source
Farewell Chichigami! You will not be missed you worthless piece of shit!

mess up the power level
Yawn.

original content which doesn't hold up to expectation (Rias armor and the kissing scene).
This much I'll agree with. The last arc was only about equal to the quality of, say, the Kyoto arc.

I don't think Rias' armor was bad at all. I thought it was kind of badass.

I don't think Rias' armor was bad at all. I thought it was kind of badass.

badass ?
yeah right

the thing doesn't have any pant
or leg armor
all it have down there look more like those stocking women use and some red piece that make it look like she ain't wearing any underwear

badass ?
yeah right

the thing doesn't have any pant
or leg armor
all it have down there look more like those stocking women use and some red piece that make it look like she ain't wearing any underwear

You wouldn't expect her to wear more clothes, do you? This is High School DXD, aka Fantasy Fanservice: the Anime.

jokes aside, still think Rias in Scale Mail was cool. Better than Breast God.

I always tought Rias armor was like that (beside fanserevice) was because it was a knockoff.

Durandal design is not that bad when you compare to other swords you see in other series.

HS DXD is mostly a parody of a lot cliches *cough*Yeti*cough*Mermaid*cough*, so I don't take it too seriously.

If I wasn't trying to finish my Omake, I would try to writte an Omake where I poke fun to a certain author *cough*Gromweld*couch* if he was the GM of this quest.

'What would he come up once he returned to school?' was the question in the mind of the Gremory Heiress all the time.

Rias couldn't help but keep thinking about him-Hyoudou Issei, he was ... different, a man with burning passion and just as glorious as the sun, even though she as a devil which is a creature of night Rias wouldn't mind going to the beach with him to enjoy the sunshine with him. In fact she should do it if they had a chance.

It wasn't like she harboring such feeling for Issei because he saved her from that arrogant Phenex, it was something more than that. Rias always remembered the first time they were together, to a young girl like her that night is definitely a treasured memory that she would keep it to the end of time.

She also started to think about her future, especially her marriage, now that Raiser was sitting like a duck she could have used this chance to find a suitor and she knew never she would pick a candidate from the long list of those nobles.

Rias understood who she wanted to be with forever, even if he wouldn't just belong to only her.

Her best friend Akeno who she treated like a sister took an interested in Issei, that wasn't hard to figure out and with Akeno's seductive body it's just a matter of time before Issei bed her. But Akeno wasn't the only one as far as she knew.

On one hand she could give up the seat of the Gremory Heir to the son of her older brother, but doing that made her an irresponsible devil who could only think about her own happiness, on the other hand she could just meet Issei and be happy with it.

Like what a harem member should be.

'Oh what to do what to do.' Rias couldn't shake off those thoughts. She wondered how did her mother fare when her father was still a playboy.

Perhaps an advice or two wouldn't be bad, after all she had decided to be with Issei.

XXX
Short snippet to distract the heated discussion. I don't expect xp though so sorry guys.

Jesus people, calm down. I may get the Sona discussion (because she isn't non-important after all), I may get the 'anime is crap' discussion (because, personally, it is: DxD started promising and later went down to crap).

Two at the same time? Nope please.
We know. While I would like to see it updated, I can't do it because I am the author and no one has any obligation to do it, so the best I can do is hope.
'What would he come up once he returned to school?' was the question in the mind of the Gremory Heiress all the time.

Rias couldn't help but keep thinking about him-Hyoudou Issei, he was ... different, a man with burning passion and just as glorious as the sun, even though she as a devil which is a creature of night Rias wouldn't mind going to the beach with him to enjoy the sunshine with him. In fact she should do it if they had a chance.

It wasn't like she harboring such feeling for Issei because he saved her from that arrogant Phenex, it was something more than that. Rias always remembered the first time they were together, to a young girl like her that night is definitely a treasured memory that she would keep it to the end of time.

She also started to think about her future, especially her marriage, now that Raiser was sitting like a duck she could have used this chance to find a suitor and she knew never she would pick a candidate from the long list of those nobles.

Rias understood who she wanted to be with forever, even if he wouldn't just belong to only her.

Her best friend Akeno who she treated like a sister took an interested in Issei, that wasn't hard to figure out and with Akeno's seductive body it's just a matter of time before Issei bed her. But Akeno wasn't the only one as far as she knew.

On one hand she could give up the seat of the Gremory Heir to the son of her older brother, but doing that made her an irresponsible devil who could only think about her own happiness, on the other hand she could just meet Issei and be happy with it.

Like what a harem member should be.

'Oh what to do what to do.' Rias couldn't shake off those thoughts. She wondered how did her mother fare when her father was still a playboy.

Perhaps an advice or two wouldn't be bad, after all she had decided to be with Issei.

XXX
Short snippet to distract the heated discussion. I don't expect xp though so sorry guys.
Thanks Ran. I can't give you Xp, but something else. Let me show the tally:

[X] Accept Azazel's offer and go to his base with Homura and the others.
No. of Votes: 21
EternitynChaos
3ofSpades
AZATHOTHoth
Bloodshifter
Diller
Fellgar
junsa
Lazurman
Lon
Megaolix
noahgab1133
overmind
ragoogar
Raisamike3
Scottsman
Slayer Anderson
Sol Mark-1
soul ice
thansen
Vanguard_D
Z000
[X] Write In
[X] Call Azazel back and explain about your search, and ask if he has anything that could help. If so, offer to send your Ninja Minions off to test his new training for them, since they already asked to try it earlier. If not, put it off until after you find this foreigner girl, possibly taking the Kunoichi with you when you go.
No. of Votes: 7
Undying Litch-King
cross_grave
Kerfirou
nightblade
Prince Charon
Silversun17
Walkir
[X] Decline Azazel's offer for now and do Sona's request with Homura and the others.
No. of Votes: 4
Walker
Hugin
iamnuff
UberJJK
[X] Decline
No. of Votes: 3
Least Devotee
Blight Gecko
Xryuran
[X] Write In
[X] Call Azazel back and explain about your search, and ask if he has anything that could help. If so, offer to send your Ninja Minions off to test his new training for them, since they already asked to try it earlier. If not, put it off until after you find this foreigner girl, possibly taking the Kunoichi with you when you go.
No. of Votes: 1
Crazael
-[X] Let them know that this is the person who designed the training you went through.
BlackTitanOdin
[X] Write In:
Mizuki_Stone
[X] Decline Azazel's offer for now and do Sona's request with Homura and the others.
-[X] "Sorry, Azazel-sensei, but perhaps you can reschedule it for another day? I'm, ah, in the middle of something. Would you like me to send Eiko instead?"
kinglugia
-[X]Tell the girl to find a delinquent girl and watch over her movement, and report back on what they learn.
-[X]Take two or three of the girl with you to meet with Azazel for testing it.
BlackThief12

The reward is a little preview: yes, Azazel has a device that can help Issei (though it has an embarrassing appearance). Issei will use FA Teleportation for the travel, cutting down the time. What Azazel wants will be resolved in a few minutes, leaving ample time to do Sona's request.

The reward is a little preview: yes, Azazel has a device that can help Issei (though it has an embarrassing appearance). Issei will use FA Teleportation for the travel, cutting down the time. What Azazel wants will be resolved in a few minutes, leaving ample time to do Sona's request.
Success means xp or other reward so it's good to me, thanks Alex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back