• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Akira Toriyama dead at 68

I never really got into Dragon Ball even when it was popular when I was a kid.

I was more into Shoujo stuff (Sailor Moon, Card Captor Sakura, Ashita no Nadja, etc...) and Digimon!

It is sad that he died though. I feel for his fans. 68 years is still considered too early!

:(

Last edited:
IMG_6431.jpg

Like many people in Latin America, I grew up watching Dragon Ball, it was part of my childhood, and to this day I go on nostalgia trips and rewatch my favorite sagas every once in a while. I can't believe he's death... :(

May he rest in peace, and may the legacy he left behind live on

It's odd how sad you can feel at the passing of a stranger you never even met. I don't usually care bout celebrities dying or anything. But here I am with actual tears in my eyes as I wake up to this news.

In many ways DBZ was what got me into anime in the first place.
I remember playing silly DBZ games on the playground in school. Not video games or anything, just a more complex, DBZ variant of rock paper scissors. We'd use different moves that all had different effects. Land a "hit" thrice to win. Use Tien's Solar Flare to stun your opponent.

Been re-watching the entire series recently, currently at Majin-Vegeta vs Goku.
I just.. damn I'm just really sad to hear about this.

RIP Akira Toriyama.
Thank you for creating something so wonderful.
You will be dearly missed.

Like many people in Latin America, I grew up watching Dragon Ball, it was part of my childhood, and to this day I go on nostalgia trips and rewatch my favorite sagas every once in a while. I can't believe he's death... :(

May he rest in peace, and may the legacy he left behind live on
Oh no. The cartels are not going to like this...

God damn. In a way, it just doesn't feel real yet.

These great authors were like a constant fixture in our lives in the background.

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama.

You gave the world so much creativity, fun and inspiration in your stories and for that your legacy will never be forgotten.

Thanks for SandLand, DragonQuest, Tobal, DragonBall and the prefecture mascots

Also in Japan the Kamehameha is the sign-language gesture for Dragonball after his passing

Great bridge between shonens of old and new

As a kid, I was a big dragon ball fan. I loved the original anime, loved Z, most of the movies, hell I even enjoyed GT. I wasn't a big fan of Super frankly, but the man had been going at it for years upon years at that point. He was burnt out and we all know it.

He gave us a few lows over the years, but the highs were more than enough to make up for that. Cheers, Toriyama, may you rest in peace, and my God give you the reward you deserve for inspiring so many people with your art.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back