• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Amelia, Worm AU [Complete]

Not sure how to respond with this.
Well, if you decide you don't like it. Yell at the people who complained that the Endbringers were boring and there wasn't any drama to them. Because there's only two types of drama that actually work in this story: relationships and politics.

And do you all see what constantly begging to not have Sabah and Lily break up has done? Did you forget WHO you were begging?
Relationships!

Oh, ugh, and this is just in time for her to unmask as an international interplanetary celebrity / hero / gay poster child. Look everybody, it's the multiverse's most eligible bachelorette!

Ugh, I say.

And politics!

... In all seriousness, though, this was planned for a while. Except the 'kissing Anima' part. That I was actually not expecting...

I can't take the relationship drama seriously. I'm still giggling about Anima.

I wonder if you can second trigger from embarrassment?

I sorta took the opposite approach to Taylor in almost every possible when imagining Anima. Something that looks great on paper (summon armies of loyal superhuman soldiers on command), but turns out to kinda suck in reality.

Also: her first trigger wasn't from embarrassment... so not in her case?

Nah.
More like I can't really wrap my head around Sabah and Lily breaking-up. Ah, well, I trust you enough to believe you'll deliver excellent content in the future, honored Author.

There isn't a whole lot to compare it to in Worm, but here at least their relationship has always been weirdly asymmetrical and Sabah always struck me as no where close to as into it as Lilly. It felt like this has been coming for a long while, especially after how the post Khonsu situation went.

The actual break up seemed a little silly and and involved Lilly hugely overreacting and Sabah underreacting, but it also wasn't really out of character and probably felt that way more due to the outsider perspective than anything else. Bonus points for Sabah giving a single word reply that damned her and then nothing even remotely resembling a defense for the lie detector to pick up after. Again, though, seemed more like Lilly came with the intention to do the deed anyway.

Though I won't be surprised if they're back together once dear Tana is done milking the kiss drama.

More like I can't really wrap my head around Sabah and Lily breaking-up.

Really? You can't see where someone with control and intimacy issues (canon) might not have the most stable relationship with someone who has dependency issues (also canon)?

Because if we're being honest, that's one the worst relationship combinations you can have where one side isn't clearly and obviously a horrible human being.

Hell, one of Sabah's reasons for agreeing to *any* arrangement with Lily (canon) was the need to have an ally to back her up when dealing with the rest of the Undersiders. It was a little different in this story- but not much.

EDIT: Dammit! I already killed Imp!

Though I won't be surprised if they're back together once dear Tana is done milking the kiss drama.
Well, I was, but now that you predicted it I'll have to do something else...

EDIT: Dammit! I already killed Imp!
Truly, your only real crime. Aisha makes any fic better; that shit is fact.
Well, I was, but now that you predicted it I'll have to do something else...
Either way works for me. Both manage to be fairly unlikable (read: real) compared to the rest of the plucky balls of neurosis that make up our glorious magic tree planet.

On that note, random interlude suggestions:

Rune/Dragon, Eidolon, GL, Vicky/Carol, Spitfire/Eric, Random no-name Avalon citizens

Nothing interesting with Rune.

Maybe.

She's in a cell in the bottom of a mountain. What am I suppose to do with that?

This is upcoming. Probably in a day or two.

Not much to see here, really.

Random no-name Avalon citizens
I'll think about it.

I knew you'd do that.
Ah, but of course. Now the important question is... am I doing it so that it obscures the fact that I'm going to put them back together? Or am I doing it so you think that's what I'll do so that I won't? And does telling you this change the odds? Also, why don't the blue mushrooms taste like blueberries?

Well... , that happened.

Still I always thought the whole Lily/Sabah pairing was just as bad as the Taylor/Brian pairing in canon when it came to how dependant one member of the pair was to the other.
The kiss was much more of a surprise and makes me look forward to how things will go from here.

PS. TanaNari, The latest chapter has not been added to the index (not the threadmarks one the one on the first page)

TThe actual break up seemed a little silly and and involved Lilly hugely overreacting-

Not only was that in character for her in canon, she's still pretty unhinged from months of pure isolation from the Khonsu fight. I find it interesting that people have forgotten that, it'd have a pretty major effect on her psyche, and clearly detrimental to her relationship.

She's in a cell in the bottom of a mountain. What am I suppose to do with that?

That's GU, they were asking for GL, your character who is now apparently a building. I, for one, am very much looking forward to an interlude from a building!

Reality ensues in this fic, with Lily/Sabah pairing, I would not be surprised if this happened in the sequel of Worm.

Actually, now that I think about it, she'd probably get along really well with Lily.
Literally my first (reflexive) thought was "OT3?".
"Calling it off. Us. Our relationship
And then THIS happened. And I cried a little.

Or did you? True believers know the Imp is out there, somewhere.
Somehow this inspired the idea of "Imp's Continuing Investigations of Robot Poontang". *shrugs*

Yeah. Lily/Sabah drama was a long time coming. Their dynamic can get toxic at times. Lily needs to see a shrink, and then find a partner who'll raise her up, not just enable her and take advantage of her psychological issues.

Frankly, the best shrink in this story is the Taylia bond. Just plug Lily into it. Bam, problem solved.

How boring is the Avalon landscape? Just Amy's houseplant stretching out into infinity or do it mimic forests and such?

The sad thing is, this is expected, because at the end of the day, it's a bunch of Teenagers.

Teenagers break up all the damn time. They were with their destined one, the romance and lust was eternal, and six months later, it's over, Throw in high pressure situations, followed by extended period of 'boredom' and this is not unexpected.

Still sad though. They were such a cute couple.

"Lisa's kind of a massive bitch," Crystal responded. "But she's not often wrong, and she wouldn't lie about stuff like that. I'm used to a public identity, so it's a little different for me. If you want to talk about it, I'm here to listen."

"Uh, sure, that'd be nice," I agreed. Still over nine minutes left.
makes kinda me ponder what they talked about that could have lead to the breakup and how Sabah professional and personal relationship with Crystal will go if she thinks the conversion played a part in it.

"Is this about 'Bee'?" she asked.
who is Bee and why would Sabah have a problem?

No! I don't want you to break up with me! I love you and this isn't right. "Yeah," I promised. "I can do that."

"Thanks," she forced another smile. "Tell the others I had to run off early, okay? They'll assume it's because of work. Take care." She vanished, followed by the light pop sound as air rushed in to fill the void where her body was a moment ago. She's gone. Just like that, she's gone.
Well,thats damming evidence Sabah's the new Tailor:DLily wanted to brake up with her because she saw the signs before in her previous relationship that pop,she probably thought she was doing everyone a favor(herself,Sabah Pantheon) if the pressure of her revealing her identity didn't cause another affair from getting in the way of the group goals.

Sabah loves Lily,but she couldn't handle Lily's issues without dealing with her past baggage.so she was taking solace in Tamara's company and became smitten with her because she pushed all of her buttons in all the right places(petite,shy yet fun to be around and and a bit broken..)(yes i made a seamstress pun).
So... cross dimensional viewing tech used by Lily to get one last look at Sabah before she heads off?
Holy crap....that would be bad timing.heads are going to roll.

to go with the breakup from Sabah's POV i chose Massive Attack's "Live with me" because it goes with Sabah mixed feelings about the breakup and her feelings of attraction to Tamara.

Last edited:
how could you:eek:
you destroy the only thing that was actually happy in Worm
you're a monster:mad:

Time for another refreshing glass!

Pu75aeD.jpg

I, huh.

Lily has the excuse of being fucked in the head. What about you Sabah?

I mean, I was expecting her to protest a little. 'You don't mean that.' 'Your're over reacting.' Something you know? Even if it snowballed into a fight. Instead she proved Lily right by doing nothing.

So, I wonder how Sabah's control issues will deal with this? Besides apparently becoming romantically aggressive.

I find Lily to be the far more interesting one out of the Lily/Sabah combo, so... I really can't bring myself to care about Sabah at all. Intellectually, I know that I should feel sympathy for her right now. Emotionally, I'm just meh. Much more in what's going on with Lily in this scene.

Wow.

Just ... wow.

I have to admit, the Lily who broke up with Sabah isn't the Lily who got together with her. That Lily was willing to follow, to assist. Sabah had (and has) trust issues, and needed a relationship where the other half let her be in charge. Since then, Lily spent that time fighting Khonsu, and came back a different person. She literally spent months of her life utterly alone, so she became much more self-sufficient. Also, there was the abortive faux-marriage that never happened, but still put a strain on their relationship (Sabah, because Lily wanted to do it, Lily because Sabah didn't want her to), even though it fell through in the end.

So yeah, Lily's got a whole new personality now, or near enough, and Sabah has found someone who defers to her and is (obviously) attractive to her.

Of course, this is gonna turn out horribly embarrassing for her and Beth. Because this sort of rebound-kiss on someone that Sabah knows is straight never, ever works, except in romantic comedies. And while this is a comedy of errors (or maybe a tragicomedy) I don't think it's that sort of comedy.

EDIT: still, I'd have liked to see them turn to each other and go, "You know, we've both made mistakes. Why don't we take ourselves off somewhere alone for about a week, and see if we can't reconnect as the people we are now, instead of angsting about how we've both changed?"

Because that would be kinda sweet.

But teenagers. What can ya do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back