• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Amelia, Worm AU [Complete]

But we'll have to wait and see how dark TanaNari wants to make this fix fic end up.
This is a dark fixfic. Never forget, or TanaNari might feel the need to remind you.
Pretty sure I haven't forgotten it. Still waiting for him to reinforce it though.

Oh come on, you know that happening is basically a forgone conclusion... Only a matter of time
They don't really have powers that interact the same way Taylia does though. They don't share any sort of connection through them.

Still, another Endslayer ? Geez, they are are finding them left and right! Suspicious I might say.
It's almost as if they're actively looking for them!

Still, makes me think of Taylor waking up in the morning and hitting up the kitchen for some breakfast, opening a cupboard and having a cape fall out. Damn Endslayers get everywhere!

Not really. You have to remember that these are applications discovered by high level powers experts and then specifically empowered by tinker tech designed to play around with manton limits. Atropos is the only one I can think of who actually had the ability to hurt an Endbringer at all with just her power applied in a manner she's used to.

As much as the protectorate tried, they were really so focused on their little regional problems that almost everyone's powers are completely self-trained. Even equipment is fairly limited. Sure someone made flechette a crossbow, but nobody thought to build a basic truck mounted ballista in case she needed to bitch-slap an Endbringer and that wouldn't have even required a tinker. So basically capes trained and equipped for fighting other human sized enemies were just thrown into the meat-grinder of Endbringer battles. If you think about it she could have easily met a bad end against Leviathan or Echidna without anyone being the wiser that she was THE Endslayer.

Also, for the first time in the story, someone is actually TRYING. Outside a few volunteers, nobody tried to actively prepare for fighting endbringers other than to harden population centers. Even those volunteers didn't think to go looking for a golden bullet (because everyone thought it couldn't be done),

Now someone has proved otherwise, and people are coming out of the woodwork to see if they can be the next endslayer.

The Taylia bond is because the shards interact so basically, because they have a reason to interact and want to work with each other. You can't just fake that.
Yeah you can. The whole thing is done through the mediums their powers use. I can almost guarantee you that Riley can whip up something better at sharing information than agitated bugs.

We're not talking about a magical soul bond here.

Yeah you can. The whole thing is done through the mediums their powers use. I can almost guarantee you that Riley can whip up something better at sharing information than agitated bugs.

We're not talking about a magical soul bond here.
The "agitated bugs" are the result of the shard using a low energy alternative for communication, which means that there is far more entailed in the process than merely "agitated bugs".

Additionally, the entire process that comprises Taylia is under the Taboo so studying it results in constant setbacks and issues with looking closely at it. The Shards themselves are the ones causing Taylia, and the "AmusementComfort" effect is a side-effect of the Shards exchanging data through Taylor and Amelia.

Riley lacks the multi-dimensional physics manipulation tech to cobble a similar connection together, cannot (at this time) analyze how to kick any Shards into doing it, and cannot (at this time) determine if the possibility of the Taylia bond requires any number of prerequisites such as Shard Mass, optimal data collection, or any number of possible effects.

In the end Taylia is something that requires the Shards themselves to create, maintain, and operate until someone manages to create multidimensional engines capable of manipulating matter and energy as an automated process.

However, I will agree that Riley could probably come up with something similar if missing the Shard interaction for communicating emotion between Missy, Theo, and herself.

I wasn't prepared for when Missy kissed my cheek. I turned my head toward her in surprise. She smiled softly, and then gave me a brief kiss on the lips. The same chaste sort of kiss she and Theo often shared, but my first kiss. I had imagined what it would be like, a few times.

Missy looked self conscious. "Sorry, I just... I won't do it again."

I leaned in and silenced her. She may have stolen my first kiss, but I gave her my second.

i found a song that's not too cheesy,this is Lewis Watson's 'Into The Wild.Because they're stepping in to wild.
I guess no more slumber parties for Missy and Riley when Amelia and Taylor findout....

You meant Taylor is going HNNNNNNGGGGG.

*Fresh clone poped out*

"How the fuck did I just died?"
Pope-Benedict-XVI_6.jpg

Hmmm...now I'm imagining an omake where the Cloning Tech goes on the fritz and just keeps popping out clones.

Either through hilarious Tinker mishaps/hijinks or the newest Endbringer has decided to try defeating Pantheon with Pantheon, but it can't quite change the mind copy tech so that aren't quite Echinda clones.

Poor Theo, he has lower priority in the clone queue and he is heavily outnumbered by the Missy and Riley clones.

Zach has no problems whatsoever with his powers leaving him unable to be cloned and the fact that this leaves him dating nondecuplet Emmas.

The Lisa's all just stare at each other, Zach tries for a 'lesbian Thinker orgy' comment but they all just ignore him and he gets bored.

The Taylor's and Amelia's are almost non-responsive beyond smiles and giggles as they emote amongst each other.

Last edited:
Hmmm...now I'm imagining an omake where the Cloning Tech goes on the fritz and just keeps popping out clones.

Either through hilarious Tinker mishaps/hijinks or the newest Endbringer has decided to try defeating Pantheon with Pantheon, but it can't quite change the mind copy tech so that aren't quite Echinda clones.

Poor Theo, he has lower priority in the clone queue and he is heavily outnumbered by the Missy and Riley clones.

Zach has no problems whatsoever with his powers leaving him unable to be cloned and the fact that this leaves him dating Emma as nondecuplets.

The Lisa's all just stare at each other, Zach tries for a 'lesbian Thinker orgy' comment but they all just ignore him and he gets bored.

The Taylor's and Amelia's are almost non-responsive beyond smiles and giggles as they emote amongst each other.

THIS is the "Attack of the Clones" we never knew we wanted, and would be so much more interesting than the one we got

You know, there's a really easy way to explain away the Bonesaw problem: Riley triggered BECAUSE the S9 were in town. Maybe even with a Bonesaw bud. Maybe not.

But anyway, given that Earth Bet is a shit-hole and Brockton Bay no longer exists, the lack of records isn't really a problem either.

Though come to think of it ... given how successful Emma's Cauldron Special was, there should be an upswing in absurdly powerful powers from Bonesaw enhanced procedures.

Somewhere in the deepest part of the seventh circle of hell,Kaiser looked on as his son's girlfriends started kissing.he whispered in regret and pain "I'm so am sorry Theo,you are truly my son and i am proud of you.....while Jack commented "huh,i did not see that coming".

Last edited:
You know, there's a really easy way to explain away the Bonesaw problem: Riley triggered BECAUSE the S9 were in town. Maybe even with a Bonesaw bud. Maybe not.

But anyway, given that Earth Bet is a shit-hole and Brockton Bay no longer exists, the lack of records isn't really a problem either.

Though come to think of it ... given how successful Emma's Cauldron Special was, there should be an upswing in absurdly powerful powers from Bonesaw enhanced procedures.
This is a good point. Why was this never picked up by Cauldron? No bargaining for her time and skills?

Because after the Tohu fight, Contessa used the clone tech, stolen from Dragon, to make a clone of Riley.
The Clonesaw is working for Cauldron.
I explained this several chapter ago.
Keep up with my insanity.
The only person Contessa would clone is herself. Somewhere a team of Contessa's are solving all the problems.

It was also established that Dinah had trouble viewing a clone and the original as different people, so one of the final factions could be lead by a Cauldron!Clone!Taylor, while the Pantheon!Clone!Taylor could still be with Pantheon and Dinah would have trouble realizing which one was which.

It was also established that Dinah had trouble viewing a clone and the original as different people, so one ALL of the final factions could be lead by a Cauldron!Clone!Taylor, while the Pantheon!Clone!Taylor could still be with Pantheon and Dinah would have trouble realizing which one was which.

FTFY.

The end of the world begins the Taylor's fighting over who gets to be claimed by Amelia and ends with Amelia discovering what happened when she was taking a nap and deciding that she will just have to take them all.

Actually... Wouldn't something like the Taylia effect help Contessa bypass the taboo in her own powers? I mean, I think the restriction placed on her is the taboo, it breaks at the same place as everyone else is stopped by the taboo. She'd obviously need another thinker with at least limited pre-cog, someone who could respond to orders from her path before she could even implement them. It would be best if they were mute, so Contessa has to use her path to type their response into a word reader or something.

Just, throwing around thoughts here.

Actually... Wouldn't something like the Taylia effect help Contessa bypass the taboo in her own powers? I mean, I think the restriction placed on her is the taboo, it breaks at the same place as everyone else is stopped by the taboo. She'd obviously need another thinker with at least limited pre-cog, someone who could respond to orders from her path before she could even implement them. It would be best if they were mute, so Contessa has to use her path to type their response into a word reader or something.
Not really. The Taboo refers to the memory-wipe of the human part of a parahuman. It's done by the shards, but it's not a power restriction specifically.

Contessa and Dinah each have a power restriction. The power restriction is for the same reason as the Taboo, but it's not implemented by memory-wiping any human brains. It's just that their power has an extra Manton-style limit: it does not work on Entities.

Contessa already broke Taboo. She remembers her trigger vision.

Just, throwing around thoughts here.
someone like Coil could go around the taboo,there must be hundreds of precog cauldron by now.

I'd rather Scion win than inflict anime shenanigans on them.

Well there wouldn't be much of it. Dinah couldn't tell that the whole 'End of the World' thing only took about 78 minutes before the argument woke up Amelia and she ended the whole thing with one big blast of comfortcalmpeace emotion down the link.

Alexandria and Lisa had a falling out and Alexandria used Scion as her rebound, Scion decided not to do the whole omnicide thing because his new waifu told him not to and he is overjoyed at having someone to order him around again.

Contessa and Dr Mother drink themselves into a coma after their life's work is solved via rebound booty call.

someone like Coil could go around the taboo,there must be hundreds of precog cauldron by now.
Ummm. . . looking back at the source where the taboo was set up, it was a shard that went to a human female some thirty odd years later. . . I.E. Aisha. The taboo makes people forget it as soon as their concentration goes to something else or when they see it. Just my best guess but if you're going to try munckining around the taboo, think of it as Imp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back