• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Amelia, Worm AU [Complete]

Is there any canon middle name for Taylor? Because I'm not finding one.

Is there any canon middle name for Taylor? Because I'm not finding one.
People usually use Anne I think. Nobody will really care though. TVTropes doesn't list anything at all, so I say go with whatever you want.

*edit* Alternatively, Zack somehow arranged to have it changed, legally, before they departed US citizenship to something suitably entertaining, and Taylor hasn't found out yet.

Taylor NotTheBees Hebert.

Last edited:
I have no problem with this interpretation of Sophia.

The only thing that's missing, really, is "Fuck, she's going to grow her arm back?" as Sophia realises that she took her best shot, lost some fingers, and still didn't make a dent on Emma.

But hey, she still took a Reason You Suck speech, and ended up in a screaming meltdown, so there's that.

Actually, I'm not completely happy with the ending of the chapter. I'll probably work that in. And I want Sophia to get a good verbal crack in as well. It kinda seems unfair for her to not get *some* kind of hurt on Emma. I defend the rest of my interpretation and how it went down, but the psycho bitch deserves a slightly better sendoff than I gave her.

Honestly, I have to agree with what was already said about Sophia being a simple character that people like to make overly complex, either trying to make her sympathetic or monstrous.
Yeah, pretty much. I might have put the effort in to create a fanon persona to make her, y'know, at least two dimensional... but that's a lot of work for a character who won't be shown again in this story in any significant fashion. So I treat her as Wildbow treated her. A plot device for a more important character's development.

(SPOILER ALERT: She's a coward. She's not gonna fuck with Pantheon in the future. If nothing else, she's seen what a single outdated Dragon ship can do. That's all she needs to know.)

People usually use Anne I think. Nobody will really care though. TVTropes doesn't list anything at all, so I say go with whatever you want.
Sans WoG, I was going to go with Annette- mostly on the logic that humans sounding out a full name will favor six syllables over five... human brain patterns at work.

Also... Wildbow has a fetish for "Anne" and its variants as names.

Sophia is going to be in for a surprise when Alice triggers with a bud of her shard. Oops.
Yay,maybe this one will actually solve world peace,Sophia has a natural talent for turning everything she touches in to shit.but underneath all of that foul stench and muck,there is gold. she's a modern retelling of Pandora's box,except Sophia let out the worse of all evils...Hope.

(SPOILER ALERT: She's a coward. She's not gonna fuck with Pantheon in the future.)
Just fucking spoil the story. Most of us were only reading it to find out what happens to her!

Strange thing is... I'm actually a little curious to find out what her final reaction to Scion and how people end up dealing with him will be, considering the end of canon. Things aren't quite the same here after all, though I still think you probably wont care enough about her to give her any more screen time.

I believe it's Rose.
That's her mom's. And that's at least been in a fanfic or two. But I can't find it in canon.

Just fucking spoil the story. Most of us were only reading it to find out what happens to her!

Strange thing is... I'm actually a little curious to find out what her final reaction to Scion and how people end up dealing with him will be, considering the end of canon. Things aren't quite the same here after all, though I still think you probably wont care enough about her to give her any more screen time.

Eh, can't promise I won't give her five seconds of Epilogue screen time.

Might be, but I can't find it.

Then again, with 1.5 million words, why would that surprise me?

Prey 14.8 said:
Was I suffering from brain damage? Another concussion?
I did a series of multiplication, addition and subtraction in my head and found no problems on that front. Not general brain damage, apparently.
Amnesia?
My name is Skitter, I thought, Taylor Anne Hebert. Sixteen. Born in Brockton Bay. Student at Winslow High. Ex-student. Member of the Undersiders.
Edit: You monster.

Taylor Danger Hebert.
Requirements for wielding that middle name: being badass enough to pull off this song as your entrance music.

...and Taylor passes that test with flying colors. Long live Taylor Danger Hebert.

(Speaking of extremely metal things, Taylor's wedding dress should be made out of Quetzelcoatl's scales. Because Amelia likes it when Taylor wears bright colors! Also, all of the Saruman jokes.)

Last edited:
Thanks, both of you. Got any author requests?

... Also, I'm about to do a full year and a half timeskip! WHEEE!!!!
Wheee timeskip.

Uh requests...? Umm...

Another MissyxTheoxClarice date? Swingin' w/ Sveta? Suit Shoppin' w/ Dinah?

Most of the other stuff that comes to mind are things I assume you're getting to or involve begging for happy endings (both kinds!).

Thanks, both of you.
Pfft, just ignore me then. I told you that to start with, even if I couldn't remember where I'd gotten it from, or provide any example other than 'other fanfics', and actually told you to just use whatever you want.

... Probably good reasons to ignore me :p

... Also, I'm about to do a full year and a half timeskip! WHEEE!!!!
Sounds like canon. S9k here we come!

Wait a second... Riley could probably get access to whatever DNA she'd need to do it. Sure, she'd dodge Jack and the other complete psychopaths (... I mean, comparatively of course) but bring back Siberian (who is blatantly broken enough for their desires) and maybe others that could help a little.

Random question: What's happened to Canary? Dragon never agreed with her being in the Birdcage and her restrictions have been changing (as well as her allegiance and other things).

Another MissyxTheoxClarice date? Swingin' w/ Sveta? Suit Shoppin' w/ Dinah?
ONE request. ONE.

Sveta sounds fun, though. Been forever since she's been showcased. Maybe she and Vicky can have a girls' night out. Hmm.

Pfft, just ignore me then.

Wait a second... Riley could probably get access to whatever DNA she'd need to do it. Sure, she'd dodge Jack and the other complete psychopaths (... I mean, comparatively of course) but bring back Siberian (who is blatantly broken enough for their desires) and maybe others that could help a little.

Random question: What's happened to Canary? Dragon never agreed with her being in the Birdcage and her restrictions have been changing (as well as her allegiance and other things).

I'll probably do a chapter for Canary. Sounds interesting.

They're not doing the S9K thing. For one, they don't see it as valuable enough. Even Siberian would only be able to inflict an injury once. Then Scion adapts and she's no longer effective. It won't be enough of an injury to make the difference, and it's not worth creating a living person just to turn it into a slave and afflicting it with horrible cobbled together half-memories.

Sure, armies of Siberian Clones would be fucking awesome against basically anything else. But they have armies of zerg that are almost as good.

Besides, Cauldron already gave Manton's corpse to Glaistig Uaine. Because why the fuck not?

Oh, and I edited the Sophia chapter. The ending went from two lines to two paragraphs and I think it looks soooo much better now.

I'll probably do a chapter for Canary. Sounds interesting.
Was that intentional?

Even Siberian would only be able to inflict an injury once. Then Scion adapts and she's no longer effective.
I thought Siberian had one of those powers that was just 'effective, whatever'. I mean, the projection stood inside Scion for at least a couple of seconds whilst he was busy being emo. It's not an overly useful thing, but it's making him burn energy/lifeforce/whatever. I can't actually remember what his response to that was though.

But the projection's ability to make whatever (virtually) it touches just as bullshit as it is is a great defense... again, I can't remember how well this held up to Scion... Sorry.

Still, if you've written Manton out, I'm fine with that.

Oh, and I edited the Sophia chapter. The ending went from two lines to two paragraphs and I think it looks soooo much better now.
Metal is sticking out of her, and she doesn't even fucking bleed!
Italics.

The door to the room shut. I didn't stop screaming profanities as the dragged me away. No one gets to talk to me like that! Especially not her.
Potential revenge plot!

Well, there's the five seconds of screen time you said you were thinking of. Five seconds to leap through a wall and be utterly roflstomped. If they let her get that far.

ONE request. ONE.

Sveta sounds fun, though. Been forever since she's been showcased. Maybe she and Vicky can have a girls' night out. Hmm.
I took the "throw shit against the wall" approach.
Looks good. Sophia doesn't even know how hard she just hit Emma's button.

innuendo wheeee

Last edited:
Was that intentional?

I thought Siberian had one of those powers that was just 'effective, whatever'. I mean, the projection stood inside Scion for at least a couple of seconds whilst he was busy being emo. It's not an overly useful thing, but it's making him burn energy/lifeforce/whatever. I can't actually remember what his response to that was though.
As with all things, it stopped working shortly. The Khepri strategy was to chain hit him with too many random variables for him to adapt. They have that plan already- it's called Dragon Unchained.

But the projection's ability to make whatever (virtually) it touches just as bullshit as it is is a great defense... again, I can't remember how well this held up to Scion... Sorry.

Still, if you've written Manton out, I'm fine with that.
GU will have it. If one's not enough, then another hundred wouldn't be enough.

Remember- right now Pantheon and Cauldron are chasing different goals. Cauldron's focused on the grail of an unlimited power. That, now, is Eidolon, Glaistig, and a bunch of fucking Endbringers. Plus an army of capes. Plus the new world of power augmenting armor and power interactions.

Pantheon's hope is to crack the dimensional barricade via Power Interaction or Augmentation. Walk into whatever world Scion's resting on. And then blow him the fuck up.

Potential revenge plot!

Well, there's the five seconds of screen time you said you were thinking of. Five seconds to leap through a wall and be utterly roflstomped. If they let her get that far.
Taylor: Hit the anti-power field.
Riley: Aight
Taylor: Hey Sophia. So I heard you think you can take me in a fair fight.
Sophia: Fuck you! I don't even have my powers! How is that fair!
Taylor: I don't have my powers, either.
Contessa: Path to Selling Tickets Through the Fourth Wall?

But, but, Riley can fix them!

Cue Riley getting her baby fix by re-raising the S9 ask the Good Kids they always deserved to be!

I never forgot about that, by the way. I've been waiting for it to pop up again, but it never does. :(
I kinda dropped that in there as a hopeful prompt for someone to omake/fanfic my fanfic. It's yet to happen.

I took the "throw shit against the wall" approach.

Looks good. Sophia doesn't even know how hard she just hit Emma's button.

Fair enough. Does mean I have to delay a chapter a little.

And yeah, I didn't figure Sophia to be that *clever*, but she can certainly spot how strange Emma is and go for that kind of generic attack. She knows her pretty well, after all.

Last edited:
Taylor: Hit the anti-power field.
Riley: Aight
Taylor: Hey Sophia. So I heard you think you can take me in a fair fight.
Sophia: Fuck you! I don't even have my powers! How is that fair!
Taylor: I don't have my powers, either.
Contessa: Path to Selling Tickets Through the Fourth Wall?

Sophia: aren't your silly fake clone bodies like genetically engineered to be superhuman themselves? And don't tell me your cuntbuddy didn't tune you up some either!
Taylor: fine. Consider it a mirror of how we were at Winslow. Actually, I'll do you one better. I'll only use one hand.
Zach: Like you're not used to it.
Taylor: C'mon man, same team!

Fair enough. Does mean I have to delay a chapter a little.
Worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back