• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Amelia, Worm AU [Complete]

Given that the royal family are such because they're descended from the gods, doesn't declaring Lily a Japanese goddes basically solve the problem? It seems like citizenship should sort this out sort of automatically. Heck, they could even declare her the goddess of lesbians. She's got the right name for it.

Eh. I get your point, but I think the average citizen would see a big difference between the concept of a god, and an actual person walking around calling themselves that. Besides, most modern Japanese people don't really buy into the whole religion thing. They mostly pay lip service, if that.

Not to mention then they would probably want Lily to change her cape name, and that would screw up the whole Moirai theme.

Eh. I get your point, but I think the average citizen would see a big difference between the concept of a god, and an actual person walking around calling themselves that. Besides, most modern Japanese people don't really buy into the whole religion thing. They mostly pay lip service, if that.

Not to mention then they would probably want Lily to change her cape name, and that would screw up the whole Moirai theme.
Most actual people haven't killed an Endbringer and used another's signature move to inflict absurd damage on it.

(Fucking phone doesn't want to co-operate...)

any ways last chapter right at the end the line

"hurt her on by accident"
or
"hurt her accidentally"

I'm not sure why but "on" seems to be the word everyone's sticking in the wrong spot lately. Can it fit in those places? Yes. Dose something else fit better? Usually.

Besides, well, you know my family history. I'm not interested in having even more parents."
I never did get a citation on this from anybody, and the "three parents thing" isn't in the WoG thread. Unless that's specific to this fic only...?
"They're being asked to give up their autonomy as a people. Their rights to govern their own county. Allowing outsiders to dictate the future of their country. They can't just do that without assurances that they can give to their people. That they'll be treated well. Being able to point to one of Pantheon's royalty and say 'she's one of us, too' will do that."
That's funny, considering that while I was in Japan, whenever the topic of the royal family came up (admittedly not too often), they were considered useless at best or parasites more commonly by "their people."

This sounds more like a rationalization given by the royal family to try to regain legitimacy than something that would actually appease the people. Which makes perfect sense, honestly :rolleyes:
She pulled me into an embrace and kissed me softly. "Thank you," she murmured as her power started to work its way through my clothes.

I woke up slowly.
Deliberate lack of scene break sign?

That's funny, considering that while I was in Japan, whenever the topic of the royal family came up (admittedly not too often), they were considered useless at best or parasites more commonly by "their people."
This sounds more like a rationalization given by the royal family to try to regain legitimacy than something that would actually appease the people. Which makes perfect sense, honestly

maybe after Kyushu they got off their ass did some leading and organizing as their government was collapsing and the years they were preparing for an invasion from the C.U.I. and what was left of Russia.
Here's The Cinematic Orchestra's "To Build a Home",it goes with the last three chapter after they drive off Khonsu.they're all worn out after the battle and trying find some solace.Lisa has always been alone after she triggered,with parents using her for powers,to finding out she could never be intimate with another person.I've always suspected that if Coil hadn't pressganged her in to joining the Undersiders,she would have chosen to be alone,but then she changed because the Undersiders were her only means to survive,she grew close to them.then she met Taylor,someone who reminded her of her regret of her brothers suicide.in a messed up way Coil saved her from herself.
in the story Amelia, Lisa 's character arc has been about her emotional growing pains,from losing the rest of the Undersiders,to Taylor starting a relationship and other stuff.deep down Lisa is afraid of being in a relationship with anyone,she's just using the draw-backs of her powers as a crutch,with Alexandria it's a different story she's done terrible things in trying to save the world,that she's probably been afraid or ashamed of being in any outside platonic or romantic relationships outside of Cauldron,For both of them this is a big change for them as characters.
Lily has never changed compared to canon,neither Sabah.Lily has always been too proud to ask for a way out of her problems,that by the time its bothering her she makes these impulsive decisions,and Sabah...is not badass enough for Lily to ask for a way out of any problem,there's no respect on lily's part in the relationship.now it's cost her.

Last edited:
Yeesh, arranged marriages busting up happy relationships. That's an ancient cliche, and it still riles me up. Hopefully Lisa can work something out that doesn't step on anyone's toes.

There's our Mushroom Princess as a candidate for an a arranged marriage.she looks like she's Asian and legal.

I'm not sure why but "on" seems to be the word everyone's sticking in the wrong spot lately. Can it fit in those places? Yes. Dose something else fit better? Usually.
It seems to be a gradual shift in grammar that's been changing for the last few years. For people like you and I, it's jarring and we hate it. For others, it's just how things are.

Relevant to the story, I've come up with a slightly conspiracy theory-ish notion: It's all Jack's shard's fault.

Think about it.

Amelia gets pissed off, joins forces with Taylor. They both go after Jack, and his shard, the Communication shard, tries to figure out what's going on so it can nudge its host into action.

Unfortunately for it, somewhere amidst the communication, Amelia's Shaper shard and Taylor's Administration shard get to 'talking'. They know they're part of a bigger whole, that they're all supposed to work together. And hey, our hosts have this whole synergy thing going on, this is great! Administration gets more to administrate, and Shaper gets more to shape. All the conflict, all the use, everything they could want!

And then Amelia and Taylor make a group, and others join.

Sabah and Lily - Complete control over small objects and fucking Sting to use on them.

Missy and Theo - Warping of space and multidimensional armor/metal creation. Slides everywhere.

Emma and Zack - A thinker who can more or less understand any thinker's stuff and combine it into whatever she wants, and a guy who gets unlimited chances to use whatever she makes.

So...

What if Amelia and Taylor's shards, realizing that pairing up and the close connection their hosts have, have been encouraging the other shards to do similar things?

Sounds a little far fetched?

Lisa and Rebecca - Mental hax and physical hax. The ability to work everything out, and the ability to apply it.

It's all Jack's shard's fault.

Alternatively, this could just be a shard thing. But I like blaming Jack for the world possibly getting better, even if only by association.

I realized just now if my "Coil is a multi-dimensional jumper theory" is right,that would make him almost like a god of the reality he choose to stay in...so the joke would be that Taylor killed God before she killed Scion...:D

Last edited:
Most actual people haven't killed an Endbringer and used another's signature move to inflict absurd damage on it.

Which is why it makes perfect sense for them to want Lily to marry into the royal family. But that still doesn't make her an actual god, and I feel like most common folk would still see it that way. The other big requirement for godhood is immortality, and while we know that Pantheon is functionally immortal thanks to cloning and brain scans, but that knowledge isn't in circulation at all.

I'm also tempted to make the argument that most people are for more comfortable when the god(s) they worship remain ethereal, intangible, and generally hands-off. But I don't want this to turn into a theological debate, because I try not to be the kind of person who engages in those on the internet.

I realized just now if my "Coil is a multi-dimensional jumper theory" is right
Do you even read the responses to your posts? You've got like 20 people all telling you you're WAY off base with Coil's powers; some explaining why and how in detail, and you're still going on about it?

How Coil's power ACTUALLY works, both in canon, and in this fic....again....:
http://forum.questionablequesting.com/threads/amelia-worm-au.916/page-88#post-220639

Seriously, at this point it's basically you sticking your fingers in your ears and yelling, "I'm not listening, LALALALALALALALALALA."
But I like blaming Jack for the world possibly getting better, even if only by association.
Meanwhile, in another dimension:
"Jack...What are you doing?"

"Oh, Cherish, just felt the need to do this for some reason."

"You're getting your clothes filthy, Jack."

"They've been dirty with much worse before."

"Seriously though, when you dug up that grave, I thought you were gonna give the body to Bonesaw to work on."

"I think I'll do just that actually, good idea, Cherish! You're really starting to think like one of the 9 now."

"But why, Jack, why... Why are you just rolling around in that grave?":p

Yea, I suck at writing, I know; but hopefully this makes sense as happening while Jack is still letting Cherish think her emotional manipulation of the 9 is working.

those were the other characters assumptions of what his power is,what your suggesting is that Coil is a Agent Smith-like character,While i'm suggesting he's a dime-store Q(Star-trek reference),maybe we're both wrong.

Last edited:
I realized just now if my "Coil is a multi-dimensional jumper theory" is right
It's not. Wildbow said as much.
those were the other characters assumptions of what his power is,what your suggesting is that Coil is a Agent Smith-like character,While i'm suggesting he's a dime-store Q(Star-trek reference),maybe we're both wrong.

No, you're not both wrong, only you. Edale is paraphrasing Wildbow.

... Some of which might be me "subtly" asking my readers how none of them thought of almost any of this stuff.
Not everyone will comment on everything they notice. Personally, it's hard for me to tell which things I think are obvious that others might not pick up on; frequently when someone says "how did no one notice this?" I'm in that silent group that's thinking, "but I did."

I bet Alexandria can tell when Contessa is on-script
Which is always.

Coil's power is literally just a mental model power; it creates a mental model of himself, runs it through a simulated experience, then gives Coil the feedback of that experience in real-time. Well, if we're getting super technical here,it makes two models and has the successful one fed into Coil's actions in real-time while the failure is given afterwards to show what went wrong.

In the larger Entity being, his shard was probably used to streamline precognition in order for the Entity to be able to see far into the future without expending the vast amount of time actually required to do so.

No, you're not both wrong, only you. Edale is paraphrasing Wildbow.
your going to need proof,other then what a fictional character does to make sense of another characters power,you need to give us a link of the author's statement,i just trying to make sense of of a fictional power by comparing to real life science,I'm Doing a Arthur C.Clarke to try and make sense of it.

your going to need proof,other then what a fictional character does to make sense of another characters power,you need to give us a link of the author's statement,i just trying to make sense of of a fictional power by comparing to real life science,I'm Doing a Arthur C.Clarke to try and make sense of it.

Are you not aware that the "Wildbow" mentioned is the actual author of Worm rather than a fictional character, or are you purposefully misunderstanding?

Coil's power is literally just a mental model power; it creates a mental model of himself, runs it through a simulated experience, then gives Coil the feedback of that experience in real-time.

I liked how he figured that out in Alchemical Solutions and used it to run simulations of months in a day and finally got his Thinker headaches.

I liked how he figured that out in Alchemical Solutions and used it to run simulations of months in a day and finally got his Thinker headaches.
Eh, that doesn't make sense. That Coil's power is in realtime and only limited to two paths are its inherent limitations that prevent it from being totally OP. It's why it makes sense that Coil's power works on Endbringers and Scion rather than having the usual precog restrictions.
No, that's wrong.

Contessa can't be on-script when interacting with Eidolon.

There's no reason to think she's on-script 24/7 other than fanon. (Entertaining fanon, sure, but still just fanon.)
Contessa can be on-script with Eidolon if she is working off her mental model of him. It might require adjustments now and then but she's likely known him long enough that this is rare.
Thanks,abyssmal_kismet for the citation.so when it comes right down to it, Coil....has Agent Smith's matrix Power.
No, actually, when it comes right down to it Coil has Coil's power. Stop comparing it to other things, much less Agent Smith. That only muddies your understanding of it.

No, actually, when it comes right down to it Coil has Coil's power. Stop comparing it to other things, much less Agent Smith. That only muddies your understanding of it.
he's running a simulated reality based on his choices,that kinda sounds like Agent Smith.

Are you not aware that the "Wildbow" mentioned is the actual author of Worm rather than a fictional character, or are you purposefully misunderstanding?
Of course,i'm aware...wiseguy.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Eh, that doesn't make sense. That Coil's power is in realtime and only limited to two paths are its inherent limitations that prevent it from being totally OP. It's why it makes sense that Coil's power works on Endbringers and Scion rather than having the usual precog restrictions.

Well, it *is* an Exalted crossover.

Contessa can be on-script with Eidolon if she is working off her mental model of him. It might require adjustments now and then but she's likely known him long enough that this is rare.
C'mon, think this through.

She can't use her Path to make the mental model.

She can't make the mental model without gathering enough data by interacting with him BEFORE making the model.

She is, or has been, required to go off-Path when dealing with Eidolon. This isn't a maybe sorta thing, it's strictly required by the information in canon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back