• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Anyone else getting certificate issues, unsafe website warnings and such?

Neko Tamo

Know what you're doing yet?
Like it says on the tin, and it's been going on for quite a while. It's very annoying.

So what's going on? Is it related to the coming forum upgrade?

To clarify some more, if I ignore the warning and access the site anyway when it's like this it looks barely functional. With no background graphics, and the layout's a mess.

I've been having such issues for a few weeks now.

"Your connection is not private.

NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID"

In Chrome and Brave.

In the beginning it went back to working normally on its own after an hour, then next day after two hours, the day after it was four hours (etc) and eventually it starts working normally every day at like 20:30/20:40 (I never checked the exact time in hopes of not cursing it).

It was only happening on Questionable Questing so figured I'd wait it out till they get a new ssl certificate or something.

Then yesterday it happened on a different site and later started working normally on both that site and QQ at the same time.

So today (after getting the same error message on both sites again) I go googling for solutions, I open both QQ and that other site in an Incognito Tab and they load normally in it! Although I'm not logged into QQ in Incognito Mode so its not an actual solution.

I was about to try out some other things when QQ and the other site both started working normally on their own, for (again) seemingly no reason, and far outside of the usual time they've been doing that lately. This was like half an hour ago.

I guess I'll see what happens tomorrow? Probably gonna clear browser cache and hope for the best.

Nothing has changed about the certificate setup on the server end, and we don't expect it to change even with the XF2 switch. All the certificate handling is upstream of the forum software itself.

This sounds like a client-side issue, so unfortunately there's not much I can do to help with it. There may also be a problem with your Internet connection; the "site barely functional" issue sounds like some of the resources aren't loading.

I've been having such issues for a few weeks now.

"Your connection is not private.

NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID"

In Chrome and Brave.

In the beginning it went back to working normally on its own after an hour, then next day after two hours, the day after it was four hours (etc) and eventually it starts working normally every day at like 20:30/20:40 (I never checked the exact time in hopes of not cursing it).

It was only happening on Questionable Questing so figured I'd wait it out till they get a new ssl certificate or something.

Then yesterday it happened on a different site and later started working normally on both that site and QQ at the same time.

So today (after getting the same error message on both sites again) I go googling for solutions, I open both QQ and that other site in an Incognito Tab and they load normally in it! Although I'm not logged into QQ in Incognito Mode so its not an actual solution.

I was about to try out some other things when QQ and the other site both started working normally on their own, for (again) seemingly no reason, and far outside of the usual time they've been doing that lately. This was like half an hour ago.

I guess I'll see what happens tomorrow? Probably gonna clear browser cache and hope for the best.

Yes this is it almost exactly.

Though I haven't seen this on any other site except QQ so far. And I haven't tried to open it in Incognito, I'll try that next time. Also I never noticed it on my desktop so it could be a problem on my side as alethiophile implies.

Anyhow let me know if you find any solutions.

Cleared cache (in Brave), didn't solve the problem.

Site loads a little wrongly in "unsafe mode" for me too (as in some site features are absent), especially when there is a lot to load, refreshing the page usually makes it better but rarely when there is a lot on the page. Thats on my side too then it seems, fair enough.

Not sure what to do at this point really, look into what Incognito Mode is disabling exactly? Any help with that?

I dunno.

Edit: just noticed that Brave's equivalent of Incognito Mode still displays both sites as Unsafe (don't ask how I didn't notice it previously). So! What does Chrome's Incognito Mode do differently is the question.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back