• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Ascent of a Lunar Maelstrom [Naruto/Exalted]

Introspective Tinkerer said:
I never said they were perfect. In fact, I explicitly said that Hinata is dependent on Naruto to have the bravery to face adversity.

I wasn't talking about you, I just know some people who worship Hinata to unhealthy extremes. Anyway, yes she is dependent on Naruto and somewhat weak-willed until part 2.

Introspective Tinkerer said:
Oh, sorry about that then.

It's alright. I usually shut them up with the what if Hinata died during her confession and what impact would that have on Naruto.

MerelysSoul said:
I wasn't talking about you, I just know some people who worship Hinata to unhealthy extremes. Anyway, yes she is dependent on Naruto and somewhat weak-willed until part 2.

Also Sakura perfect man that is a giant joke. I actually laughed when I saw that.

Anyways I course I could see Hinata being tempted to use the bond to make Naruto like her more especially if he started treating her coldy and she didn't know why. PLUS like you said this is pre times kip Hinata where she still had low self-esteem.

MerelysSoul said:
It's alright. I usually shut them up with the what if Hinata died during her confession and what impact would that have on Naruto.

Naruto was litterally a second away from ripping over the seal and letting Kurama wreck Pein after he saw Hinata get stabbed.

It took the 4th himself showing up in the seal to stop him.

He even went straight to the 6th tail when the highest we had ever seen before was 4th and that took Orochimaru mocking him about Sasuke to go that far. He wasn't that mad when he saw gaara's dead body or learned that Pein in addition to Jiraya who was like a father to him nuked his home and was responsible for the (temporary) death of his other sensei.

Though I suspect the reason he took it so badly was because Hinata was the first person to say "I love you" to him that he remembers.

I think forcing Naruto to hate his solar mate is a bit railroady. Lunar bonds don't force you to feel anything in particular nor do they prevent you from changing your mind about your mate. The only thing they demand is that whatever you feel about them you feel intensely. The players should be able to decide his intimacy or have it defined by the context of their pre-exaltation relationship or by their initial interactions. In the case of Hinata that probably be protectiveness/empathy in the case of Karin it would be defined by how they meet. Also Naruto as a character doesn't do hatred as part of his personality to it doesn't make sense to be an intimacy for him. Desire to redeem, or obsession would be a far more IC emotion.

How the solar responds to Naruto is completely on them.

cyberswordsmen said:
I think forcing Naruto to hate his solar mate is a bit railroady. Lunar bonds don't force you to feel anything in particular nor do they prevent you from changing your mind about your mate. The only thing they demand is that whatever you feel about them you feel intensely. The players should be able to decide his intimacy or have it defined by the context of their pre-exaltation relationship or by their initial interactions. In the case of Hinata that probably be protectiveness/empathy in the case of Karin it would be defined by how they meet. Also Naruto as a character doesn't do hatred as part of his personality to it doesn't make sense to be an intimacy for him. Desire to redeem, or obsession would be a far more IC emotion.

How the solar responds to Naruto is completely on them.

Actually, Naruto does have hatred ... *coughYamicought* ... He just represses it mostly unless you are someone like Orochimaru and a few others. Plus you are correct, he can move past the hate of his past incarnation.

MerelysSoul said:
Actually, Naruto does have hatred ... *coughYamicought* ... He just represses it mostly unless you are someone like Orochimaru and a few others. Plus you are correct, he can move past the hate of his past incarnation.

Naruto has said before that if things were different he would've turned out like Gaara,Sasuke,Nagato, or Obito. It's why he can empathize with then so well because he understands very well what hatred makes you want to do

Yeah I can see Naruto telling his past life to go fuck himself if it tried to forced him to hate someone who had don nothing wrong to him or was an ally. He's spent all of his life suppresing his hatred for how Konoha treated him in his childhood.

Diller said:
Naruto has said before that if things were different he would've turned out like Gaara,Sasuke,Nagato, or Obito. It's why he can empathize with then so well because he understands very well what hatred makes you want to do

Yeah I can see Naruto telling his past life to go fuck himself if it tried to forced him to hate someone who had don nothing wrong to him or was an ally. He's spent all of his life suppresing his hatred for how Konoha treated him in his childhood.

Agreed. He had many times to go dark but didn't.

MerelysSoul said:
Agreed. He had many times to go dark but didn't.

I guarantee you that if Danzo had footmen his hands on him; Hiruzen had tried the same shit with Irika that Gaara's dad did with his uncle or if Iruka hadn't calmed him down after Mizuki spilled the beans then we would've had an evil Naruto and EVERYBODY would've been fucked.

Yami did say Kurama always liked him better at first.

Diller said:
I guarantee you that if Danzo had footmen his hands on him; Hiruzen had tried the same shit with Irika that Gaara's dad did with his uncle or if Iruka hadn't calmed him down after Mizuki spilled the beans then we would've had an evil Naruto and EVERYBODY would've been fucked.

Yami did say Kurama always liked him better at first.

Yup, barely avoided becoming evil.

Speaking of Kurama

A Kyubi-powered limit break would be very terrifying. I envision a Chimeric-like state.

MerelysSoul said:
Yup, barely avoided becoming evil.

Speaking of Kurama

A Kyubi-powered limit break would be very terrifying. I envision a Chimeric-like state.

Oh my fucking God. The horror. It would put the beating edo Madara gave the Gokage to shame.

My guess is that while in Limit Break we would convert Kurama's power into more essence motes, which means a Chimera that can't be mote tapped.

Oh, just a friendly reminder. There are two votes for Story-up.

[X]Use your clones in a faux frontal assault while sending clones to take cover in ground preparing for an alpha strike. Work to herd Sasuke to the site of you 'ambush' only to have the real ambush at every other place he can jump.
-[X]As you face off against Sasuke, against those eyes mind comes back to those times you have seen them broken. Orochimaru who was stronger beyond compare. Bushy Brows who was fast beyond sight. Zabuza who removed sight from the question. You can't beat him in power fight not quickly enough. So as the pause in battle wanes you pull you hands in that familiar sign. "Let's get's wild." Wild like a fox.

[X] Rinsemon Write-In

Your fingers flash through the hand signs as the air around you fills with puffs of smoke, a half dozen shadow clones materializing around you, grinning with anticipation, your anticipation, your hungry desire to drag Sasuke back home where he belongs. In a flash, they dart forward as you begin to mold and spin chakra in your palm once more.

Please... bring Sasuke back!

Your clones themselves glow with the same silver fire you now do, Anima flaring around them as they surround Sasuke and begin their assault. They don't last long, but Sasuke is tired, not rejuvenated like yourself. The clones would usually only take him a few moments, but now they hold his attention for a bit longer. Two pop under his sweeping palm strikes, their new-found grace not enough to beat the Uchiha heir's taijutsu might. Three more vanish under a blast of fire. Only the last one manages to take advantage, wrapping his arms tightly around the teme from behind. It's barely an offensive move, and it only takes Sasuke a moment to break the hold, but it is enough.

I will bring him back. Even if I have to break him.

Enough for you to see his eyes widen in shock as you leap forward and smash your Rasengan into his chest.

Last edited by a moderator:
[X]Use your clones in a faux frontal assault while sending clones to take cover in ground preparing for an alpha strike. Work to herd Sasuke to the site of you 'ambush' only to have the real ambush at every other place he can jump.
-[X]As you face off against Sasuke, against those eyes mind comes back to those times you have seen them broken. Orochimaru who was stronger beyond compare. Bushy Brows who was fast beyond sight. Zabuza who removed sight from the question. You can't beat him in power fight not quickly enough. So as the pause in battle wanes you pull you hands in that familiar sign. "Let's get's wild." Wild like a fox.

I chose sakura because we can move beyond the relationship and more importantly we're already close friends who have been in multiple life or death battles with each other including having gotten pwned by the snake and being watched over while deadly enemies attacked.

She's even the source of one of our primary motivations within canon.
She's not perfect but she's not as bad as fanon would have it by far and all the edges have been ironed out.

While you guys are still voting and such.

Got something I want idea for something.

Using the Power of the Kyubi, Naruto is able to restore his mote pools at the cost of a Limit Point each time.

MerelysSoul said:

Using the Power of the Kyubi, Naruto is able to restore his mote pools at the cost of a Limit Point each time.
Is Essence the same as Chakra, then? Does that mean Naruto has fuckhuge reserves on top of what he gets as a Lunar?

MerelysSoul said:

Eh. That seems like a poor bargain. And how does exalted essence translate to chakra for effect? I mean is seems like his current pool is supposed to be way more than what he had without it but but how many shadow clones can he make per mote? 10? 30?

Winged One said:
Is Essence the same as Chakra, then? Does that mean Naruto has fuckhuge reserves on top of what he gets as a Lunar?

No, Chakra is the combination of Spiritual and Physical energies that make up one's 'Life Force'. Essense is the Magical Building Blocks of Creation.

He has larger Chakra Reserves due to Uzumaki Heritage and special reserve in Kurama.

Larekko12 said:
Eh. That seems like a poor bargain. And how does exalted essence translate to chakra for effect? I mean is seems like his current pool is supposed to be way more than what he had without it but but how many shadow clones can he make per mote? 10? 30?

Basically, I was thinking of something that converts Chakra into Essence. Useful in emergencies when we do need more Essence Motes.

I like it.

Other ways of modeling his prisoners effects include to giving him an extra anima effect like the one possessed by dragonbloods that deal damage to nearby people that is triggered by kyuubi chakra related limit, or letting him heal health levels in exchange for limit.

That seems weird as fuck. Essences and Chakra are equivalent metapyschical forces. Essence is basically meant to be chi.

Larekko12 said:
That seems weird as fuck. Essences and Chakra are equivalent metapyschical forces. Essence is basically meant to be chi.

Essence is more than chi. It is as it says the very essence of creation, allowing you to change the very fabric of reality.

Larekko12 said:

Warslick said:
Essence is more than chi. It is as it says the very essence of creation, allowing you to change the very fabric of reality.
^ Chakra is technically Chi.

Anyway, Working on some Biju Charms.

Warslick said:
That would have actual meaning as a rebuttal if you weren't ignoring the metextual constraints and reason behind the design of exalted, which is basically wu xia fantasy kitchen sink historical drama.

It's what the system is designed to resemble. Essence was designed to Ki the life force of everything and the fuel of powers. It's what you use to fuel power and do you Kungfu ninja bullshit. It's indivisible energy and the equivalent of Ki, Mana, Mp, and all types of magic. With matter and shit basically being different flavors.

Essence is Chakra. Or rather due to bullshit primacy. Chakra is a type of essence.

Not only is this lore consistent it's mechanically simple.

Larekko12 said:
That would have actual meaning as a rebuttal if you weren't ignoring the metextual constraints and reason behind the design of exalted, which is basically wu xia fantasy kitchen sink historical drama.

It's what the system is designed to resemble. Essence was designed to Ki the life force of everything and the fuel of powers. It's what you use to fuel power and do you Kungfu ninja bullshit. It's indivisible energy and the equivalent of Ki, Mana, Mp, and all types of magic. With matter and shit basically being different flavors.

Essence is Chakra. Or rather due to bullshit primacy. Chakra is a type of essence.

Not only is this lore consistent it's mechanically simple.

You are correct, Chakra and it's derivatives would be a form of Essence.

Yeah, it would be Consistent and Simple.

There is no reason for chakra to be anything more than a local name for essence. From a local perspective Naruto probably just gained a elemental affinity for moons.

Ok, Notice time. I will be calling Votes on Friday so make sure to cast yours.

For the revote. For those that want to keep Karin, use this vote [] Keep Karin. For those who don't wish Karin, you know what to do.

For the story votes, Two options exist.

MerelysSoul said:

[X] Rinsemon Write-In

Your fingers flash through the hand signs as the air around you fills with puffs of smoke, a half dozen shadow clones materializing around you, grinning with anticipation, your anticipation, your hungry desire to drag Sasuke back home where he belongs. In a flash, they dart forward as you begin to mold and spin chakra in your palm once more.

Please... bring Sasuke back!

Your clones themselves glow with the same silver fire you now do, Anima flaring around them as they surround Sasuke and begin their assault. They don't last long, but Sasuke is tired, not rejuvenated like yourself. The clones would usually only take him a few moments, but now they hold his attention for a bit longer. Two pop under his sweeping palm strikes, their new-found grace not enough to beat the Uchiha heir's taijutsu might. Three more vanish under a blast of fire. Only the last one manages to take advantage, wrapping his arms tightly around the teme from behind. It's barely an offensive move, and it only takes Sasuke a moment to break the hold, but it is enough.

I will bring him back. Even if I have to break him.

Enough for you to see his eyes widen in shock as you leap forward and smash your Rasengan into his chest.

On a different note.

cyberswordsmen said:
There is no reason for chakra to be anything more than a local name for essence. From a local perspective Naruto probably just gained a elemental affinity for moons.

I do agree with you, that Naruto would have a Affinity with Moon.

That means Yin Chakra and Genjutsu. Which is weird casue he's such a Yang type.

Larekko12 said:
That means Yin Chakra and Genjutsu. Which is weird casue he's such a Yang type.

Hell he got the yang half of the Sage's chakra which is represented by a sun mark on his hand. Also thanks to the fact the Juubi was inside the moon Tailed beast tend to get real rowdy at night especially when there is a full moon. So I wonder if Naruto's new moon affinity will have an interesting affect on Kurama.

cyberswordsmen said:
I can now only imagine that all of this attacks using Moon Chakra require him to moon his enemies to use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back