• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

CF in DC and Marvel (SI)

Created at
Index progress
Incomplete
Watchers
Recent readers

Chapter 1

"Welcome to Gotham," the sign read. An ominous warning to all those who ventured...
Chapter 1

EdwardJPrath

Getting some practice in, huh?
Chapter 1

"Welcome to Gotham," the sign read. An ominous warning to all those who ventured forth.
Unfortunately, that included me. Yes, there was a possibility in which I could turn around and hitch-hike to another city, but I was already here and while a hell hole Gotham was interesting.

I had signed up for something interesting.

It all started with a wish, as normal in this situation. I had lived a relatively normal and boring life. Normal school, average grades, good friends, and a happy family.

However, after graduating, it all seemed to go downhill. College was the same as highschool, with similar grades and classes. I lost some friends and found new ones, but I could tell they wouldn't last. And my family…well, it was still happy I guess, but I wanted more. More excitement, more entertainment, more of a purpose.

So, when some multi-dimensional entity showed up and offered me a deal I signed right up. Not so much as a "how do you do" before I was whisked away. Didn't give me a name, so I called them R.O.B. and moved to sign the soul contract. No, I didn't read it fully. That would require patience, which I have none of. But still, I could tell by the overview they gave there were benefits to go along with any possible downsides.

The Celestial Forge. A power that granted me abilities, skills, or items/people that could help me create things. Spaceships, Artificial Intelligence, and Superpowers were possible for me to craft and make. All it took was some creative thoughts and time.

So, it worked like this: every set amount of time (I personally did not know the number but was assured it would be frequent) I would receive points. 150CP, that I would try to connect to perks in 38 constellations. I would get three chances, if it connected then I would get the perk. If it didn't, the points would be banked for next time. And, after rolling, if there were any leftover points, there would be one additional roll to try and spend them, but again if it failed the points would be banked.

Of course, there were also some free starter perks that I was allowed. A workshop for all my crafting needs. A key to the workshop, which I could use on any door. And an entrance hall, to customize I guess.

A good power to have, especially in a world like DC. Where there were gods, supermen, and aliens.

For now though I was stuck walking down empty streets at night.

===

{A few hours later}

'I must be in the nice part of the city, considering I haven't come across any goons,' I thought to myself.

Hearing a car, and seeing the headlights, before they came up, I turned around and watched as a cop car pulled up next to me.

I bent over while the window rolled down.

"A bit late for you to be out, isn't it, boy?" the police officer asked.

'Boy?' I rubbed my baby-smooth chin. 'Ah, no beard. I've always looked younger than my actual age.'

"I guess so, officer," I replied.

The cop stared at me for a moment.

"You're not some runaway, are you?" the officer asked.

"No, but I am lost," I replied honestly.

"Lost?" the officer questioned.

"Yes, sir."

The cop stared at me for another moment then smiled.

"Well, why don't you hop in back and we'll get you somewhere you can sleep for the night?"

"Much obliged, sir."

As I hopped in back, I thought about how lucky I was to meet a kind police officer so soon. And how odd it was there was smoke trailing along the seats.

===

I was tired.

Not just from walking but also somehow because my body knew it was late and should be sleeping.

So, as I was watching the city pass by, I slowly fell asleep.

Without dreaming, or knowing the passage of time, I suddenly awoke as if no time had passed.

"C'mon, kid, let's get you to bed," the officer said.

I nodded and followed the cop, bleary eyed.

I was a bit slow on his feet so I was a bit behind the officer who was introducing the two of them to a gate guard.

'Gate? Guard? Where are we?' Adam questioned.

Rubbing his eyes to focus them, he noticed there was a mansion further ahead.

'Seriously, where am I?'

"Boy, c'mere!" the officer shouted.

I hurried forward to the two.

The gate guard looked at me , shrugged, then pulled me inside.

I looked back at the officer as he was manhandled.

The cop paid no mind to Adam as he walked back to his vehicle.

'A crooked cop?! No, don't panic yet! I have magic!'

As I thought up a plan to escape, the guard pulled me along towards the mansion.

'A magic key doesn't cut it!'

*Knock* *Knock*

The guard and I had reached the front door. A burly man answered. The two looked at each other, then at me, then back to each other and nodded.

I was being handed off.

Inside, the burly man pulled me along through the mansion.

I saw many portraits of a short, stout man with a long nose, a monocle and a top hat.

'Kinda ugly, but somehow familiar.'

Not long after we reached their destination. Grand double mahogany doors.

The burly man knocked on the door and waited for a signal to be let in.

"In!" a nasally voice yelled.

We entered.

The room was ostentatious. Tiger pelt rug, full size water buffalo mount, and a hunting rifle above the fireplace.

"Well? What d'you want?!" The ugly man said.

His…everything…did not match the room at all.

"Sir, this one," the burly man tugged on me, "was wandering the street nearby and a blue-vest picked him up."

"So?! Put 'im with the others!" the ugly, angry, short man yelled.

"I just was thinking-"

"I don't pay you to think!" the short man cut off. "Do it! Then get back to your post and watch for the Bat!"

The burly man shrugged and said, "Yes, sir, Mr. Penguin, sir."

I was led out and down to the basement. On the way, I thought about my predicament.

'Bat? Penguin? Gotham? DC! I forgot where I was! Stuck in this hellhole! What do I do?!'

With no answers and circular thoughts, I was unwillingly shoved into a basement cell where other unfortunate children lay.

'Oh R.O.B., give me a sign,' I prayed.

[Rolling…
Quality: Design Domain… Failed
Crafting: Magitech Domain… Failed
Quality: Durability Domain… Failed
150CP banked.]

"Fuck!"

===

Celestial Forge perks acquired

Workshop Free: Blacksmithing
Each purchase of this adds to your Personal Reality Workshop needed to perform a specific type of craft, which is to be specified when purchase is made. It comes with a basic set of tools and supplies. Good for fixing or creating all sorts of things, although any complex parts or nonstandard supplies will have to be brought in from outside. Additional purchases can add different types of Workshops to your Personal Reality or expand existing ones. Anything built in one of those workshops is fiat backed to be restored to its original condition within 48 hours if damaged or destroyed.

Access Key Free:
This is a special key which lets you access your Personal Reality and its contents.
When inserted into any lock on any door, the door opens to reveal a gateway into your Reality at a predetermined location within it. You are the only person who can take the key from the lock, the gateway remains open as long as the key is in the lock, and if the key is ever lost or stolen you will find it in your pocket a few minutes later. You cannot close the door as long as you are inside the Personal Reality.

Entrance Hall Free:
This is the room your Access Key opens a door to. It starts off as a 5 meter cube with blank white walls, floor, and ceiling, as some doors, one leading to the current Host Reality, the other into your Cosmic Warehouse, with additional doors leading to other extensions as these get added to your Personal Reality. Feel free to customize this Entrance Hall as you see fit. Additional Halls can, at your discretion, be linked only to certain keys or only to certain extensions. This allows you to have an entry hall just for skiing if you want.

Last edited:
A couple of tips, first threadmark your chapter. Second, paragraphs, you have to break up your sentences instead of having one huge line of text. Lastly, try to get grammarly and a beta, this will help the readability a lot

A couple of tips, first threadmark your chapter. Second, paragraphs, you have to break up your sentences instead of having one huge line of text. Lastly, try to get grammarly and a beta, this will help the readability a lot
Thanks for the tips. Fixed the threadmark and paragraph spacing. I'll look into grammarly and betas.

Personally I've never been able to get into the celestial forge fanfiction unlike things like tinker of fiction or just a regular tinker or inspired inventor. Because it feels like MC of such story's get new specializations randomly and have no control mainly and usually very quickly so quickly in fact there's no way they could have done anything with the previous specialization that dropped. Also the gambling currency they always seem to have rules is almost never explained in the story in how they get that currency or how much they have at any given point. Which is something. I'd like to know as a reader personally because it feels like the author could just randomly give the MC any amount of points for no established in story reason and readers would have no way of knowing or debating that as these story tend to don't write in how many points the main character has at any given point or why he received them. Also someone told me once it's based on word count and how the main character gets the gambling currency. And I'm going to be honest that feels kind of lame. As no sane reader's going to be keeping track of the word count and adding up points.

Last edited:
Chapter 2
Chapter 2

'Okay, Adam, let's think this through,' I thought. Pacing back and forth in my cell, sweat had started to form on my brow. 'I was drugged and abducted. I'm in Penguin's lair, and there's no superpowers to get me out. I'll probably die or be conscripted and then put in jail to rot! And those kids in the corner- No! Bad! Think of a way out!'

I stopped pacing, took a deep breath, and let it out slowly. "Okay. Standard cage: welded tight except for the door hinges. I have tools that can help. And the cage door should work for my key. That would be stage one. Stage two… We'll figure it out as we go."

I moved to the cage door, took the key out of my pocket, and stuck it in the keyhole.

Upon twisting the key, the gaps between the bars turned solid white, and the door creaked open.

The entrance hall to my personal reality was barren. Just a 5-meter cubed room with an open doorway on the other end.

Walking fast, I went into the blacksmith workshop, took out a screwdriver and mallet, then went back out and closed the cage door.

Getting the hinge's nail was easy, but I didn't account for the weight of the iron door and it fell on the concrete basement.

Knowing this would attract attention, I went to the basement entrance and held my hammer up like a batter ready to hit a home run.

"You kids 'ave betta not tossed the piss bucket again!" a voice yelled.

As soon as I saw the man enter, I swung.

*WHAM*

With a sickening thud, I slammed the hammer into the guard's stomach, causing him to fall to his knees. Swiftly, and without thinking, I drew back the hammer and slammed it down on the back of the man's head.

He fell prone and didn't get up.

'Don't think about it. Don't think about it. Don't think about it.'

With the grizzly business done, I took the man's gun and phone then dialed the police. Another unexpected outcome arose, however.

"What do you mean a patrol car?! Did you not hear the kidnapped children part?!" I yelled.

"I heard you, sir, but we have protocols," the operator said, calmly.

"And do those protocols account for crooked cops who kidnap kids?!" I thought this might happen, but to see it personally was astounding.

"I will be sending the nearest patrol officer to you," the operator continued their "script."

"The same cop that sold me to Cobblepot?!"

"We will investigate your claims, sir, please stay on the line."

"You're damn right I'll stay on this line! Once Batman hears this he'll be running through all the red lights to reach Cobblepot's mansion with kidnapped kids!"

"The Batman is not a police officer, sir."

"The Batman has hijacked dispatch to listen for the word 'Kidnapped!'"

"..."

The phone rang dead.

"Stupid git."

After that ordeal, I set up at the basement entrance and waited for any men to show up. My father had taught me how to use a gun, and this was the moment he'd been warning would always happen.

Well, not the kidnapping and interdimensional travel, but still, use guns on bad men.

===

{Somewhere else}

A jet-black speeding car was passing through its fifth green light.

Batman had also hacked the city's stoplights to make his journey quicker.

He deduced the boy knew that as well, somehow.

"What do you think, B?" Robin asked.

"I'll have to comb through dispatch again," Batman replied.

"And the kid?" Robin pressed.

"..." Batman activated the engine booster, increasing their speed.

===

Robin watched as Batman knocked out the patrol officer and gate guard. He was surprised by that. Only just.

The two were arguing when they arrived, and Robin hoped it was because the cop was doing a good job of responding to a call.

Bruce, ever the pessimist, seemed to not have that hope.

Robin followed his mentor up the walkway leading to the mansion.

They didn't even bother sneaking!

Batman just walked up to the front door and kicked it open.

Walking inside, he noticed a fair amount of henchmen surrounding Penguin.

"Cobblepot," Batman gruffly said.

"Batman," Penguin replied, "to what do I owe this unexpected intrusion?"

"Where are the kids?" The scowl was coming through his voice.

"What kids?" Penguin asked innocently(?).

"..." Batman simmered while Robin kept his eyes peeled.

He turned to Robin and said, "Find them." Then set off a smoke bomb and went to work.

Robin wanted to help out, but he knew his mission. Find the kids, before they could be…disposed of.

He snuck around the group as he made his way towards the basement. Batman had him find it on the rideover. Digital blueprints were easy to get a hold of. Finding a secret basement is less so.

Robin made short work of the men standing in between him and his goal. He was surprised, however, to find the basement door open and filled with bodies.

Okay, only five bodies, but that was still a lot for one doorway.

He went over to one and checked his pulse. 'Dead.'

Then he looked down the stairwell. He only got a glimpse of a figure before a flash of light fired his way. His reflexes saved him as he ducked out of the path.

"Whoa, whoa, friendly!" Robin yelled.

Then he thought, 'Kid didn't say he had a gun.'

"Who is it?" a teenager's voice asked from below.

"Robin! I'm here with Batman to get you out!"

The teenager didn't respond immediately, but eventually said, "Prove it!"

"Wha- How?!"

"Throw down one of your shurikens!"

"Okay!" Robin said. But then he wondered, 'How would that prove anything?'

He tossed a birdarang down anyway. It clinked down the stairs.

A moment of silence passed.

"Alright, I believe you!"

'Great.'

Carefully, he looked over the pile of bodies. The figure was there, like before, but now he was waiting for Robin to come down, instead of shooting at him.

Stepping down on each step without making noise was hard, but he had an air of mystery to maintain.

Robin came face to face with the teen, who was muttering about "sure now" and a "drone".

He was about 5'10" and fit. Looked like sixteen, maybe. Short black hair, similar to Robin's, and a pale complexion. A blue tee and black shorts. He was sweating a bit. He handed Robin's birdarang back to him.

"Thanks," Robin said.

The teen shook his head, "No, thank you for coming so soon."

"Of course." Robin looked around the room. Dim lights. A large cage on one side with twelve kids huddled up in a corner. In the other corner was a bucket.

'Yikes.'

"Why don't you go tell the Bat we're all safe and sound, yeah?"

"Yeah, sure."

'I must've had something on my face.'

"Alright, kids," Robin heard the teen say, "Let's get you out of here. Then you can call your parents."

'Another night, another success.'

===

[Rolling…
Facilities: Magical… Failed.
Vehicles… Failed.
Quality: Appearance… Success!
Artistic Architect (100CP) Get!
200CP leftover
Rolling…
Assistants… Success!
Constructor Drone and AI Kernel (100CP) Get!
100CP banked]

===

Artistic Architect (Halo - Forerunner Saga) (100CP)
Forerunner structures are not simple. Even in the worst of times, there is beauty to their layout. Patterns woven into walls, shining pillars reaching to the sky, and shimmering glass panes adjourning corridors. Forerunners don't just build big. They build artfully. Like so many other Builders, you have an eye, and a hand, for beauty in construction. From the most simple of floors to the most terrifying of weapons, you can spruce them up so that they are breathtaking to behold.

Constructor Drone and AI Kernel (Warhammer 40k: T'au Empire) (100CP)
This drone is an automated constructor unit, capable of building simple machines and buildings on its own and more complicated structures and technologies under your direct supervision, so long as it has materials to work with. Its tools can be easily customized or replaced with new or different technologies. Moreover, its software includes a kernel that can be used to grow specialized AI and VI systems optimized for various computational substrates and tasks that are always loyal to you.

Chapter 3
Chapter 3

This chapter became more of a recap episode. I'm sorry about that, but I'm trying to write differently and needed to try with this. I would appreciate your thoughts.

===

The cleanup crew arrived shortly after Batman's stomping of Penguin's thugs. Police officers got statements and cuffed bruised goons. Paramedics looked over every injured person (but glossed over the adults). Family members of the kids arrived. News reporters filmed every angle they could get of the situation. It was an overall odd experience.

I had many feelings about it. Anger: obviously associated with the crooked cop and Penguin. Grief and sadness: for killing those men. Excitement: from the action, adrenaline, and Forge connection. And happiness: because I'm alive and safe. I would have to talk with my– a therapist after this. 'God knows I need it.'

I was sitting on the stairs in the entrance hall. Batman came up to me.

"Adam Fletcher," he said. It was a statement, not a question, and one that told me he'd already spoken to the cop I gave my report. "Tell me, in your own words, what happened tonight."

I held back a sigh. I knew that I'd need to give multiple accounts of my story to different people, but I still found it irksome that I would have to do it.

"About an hour ago, I was walking down the street, lost and without direction. A cop car came up to me and offered me a ride to someplace with a bed. I thought I was lucky." I know it seems dumb in hindsight, but I was raised to listen and respect cops.

"There seemed to be some kind of gas in the car because I quickly fell asleep and after waking up was not very concerned with my environment." I hoped he would prove that assumption right. Maybe it would help put the crooked cop behind bars.

"He woke me up when we arrived here and brought me in front of the gate guard. Didn't even bother to ask my name or introduce me. I was handed off again at the front door. That guard led me to meet his boss, Penguin. I don't know why, but if I were to guess then I would assume it's because I'm older than the other kids." Some of those kids looked less than half my age.

"Cobblepot didn't want to listen to his guard. Told him to "put [me] with the others" and "look out for the bat". The guard obliged. Then I was locked in the basement cell with the kids. I freaked out for a bit, but quickly thought of a plan."

For this next part, I decided to put my faith in the Bat.

I took in a breath. "I have a special key. It opens any door to my workshop. It had the tools I needed to take the hinge pins off the door. So, I opened the cage door with my key, grabbed my tools, went back out, and took the pins off."

I gotta hand it to Batman's restraint and cowl design. He really shows no emotion.

I soldiered on. "The cage door fell after that. A guard heard the noise. I positioned myself next to the entrance and when he came down I used my hammer to hit him in the stomach. …For good measure, I used the hammer to hit him over the head.

"I took the guard's phone and called the police line. I'm guessing you heard, but just to be clear the operator didn't seem to take my accusations seriously. They only said they would send a police car to check out the situation. I got angry and told them about the kidnapped kids, but they wouldn't hear it. I knew you would." I looked him in the eye. He didn't blink.

I took another breath and kept staring him down as I told this next part. "The dispatch operator hung up after I said you would show up. I knew though, that some thugs would come down to get us. I took the dropped guard's gun and set up at the entranceway." I steeled myself as I said, "Five men came to the top of the stairs. I shot each one. Eventually, your ward showed up and you know the rest. …I'm not proud of what I did. But, I'd do it again in a heartbeat."

Batman took time to formulate his response. I would say I could see the gears turning in his head, but that would be a lie. His mind is like a steel trap. There are no undercurrents to be seen.

"You shot at Robin," he said plainly. No hint of anger or resentment. Just facts.

"I apologize for that. I'm glad he was able to move out of the way. And, in my defense, he really should've announced himself when he saw five men shot at the top of a stairwell." I wasn't being petty. Really. I was being realistic. Any cop would have known to do so.

"May I see your key?" he asked.

'We're just gonna gloss over that, huh?'

I nodded and handed him my key. He looked over it from a few angles. Maybe some tech of his took images and scans. Then he asked, "Is it something only you can use?"

"I think so." I wasn't actually sure about that. "But I do know that if it's ever lost or stolen it will come back to me."

"Can I test that?" he asked.

I nodded. "Sure." It was a magic key. I didn't mind letting him find that out.

He pocketed the key and turned around to see Robin, who I didn't realize was behind him. 'Kid's got skills.'

"Gordon's here," Robin said. "He wants a word."

Batman walked off, Robin followed, and I was left alone with my thoughts.

'What do I do now?'

Gotham. I was stuck here, alone, in Gotham. Sure I had helped facilitate the rescue of children and the arrest of one of Batman's rogues, but that meant nothing in the face of terror. Joker, Harley, and Black Mask, just to name a few were, some leagues ahead of me. And those were the non-powered people! I still had Ivy, Croc, and Mr. Freeze to watch out for in this city. Really, things were not looking up for me.

[Rolling…
Skills: Enchanting… Success!
Quality: Appearance… Failed.
Databases: Mundane… Failed.
Inner Linings (100CP) Get!
150CP leftover… Rolling…
Failed.
150CP banked]

'Oh, let's see… Hmm, not that great. I really need some better luck.' The perk made it so stacking enchants was possible, at the cost of durability. A fine perk, but since I don't even know how to enchant at the moment, it's a lost cause.

"Adam." Batman was back in front of me.

"Oh, sorry. Lost in thought. What do you need?"

"I need you to come with me."

"Sure. Where to?" I stood up.

"My place."

"Huh?"

===

Inner Linings (Final Fantasy XIV) (100CP)
A customer came to you one day with a strange request for you to make a leather jacket that would be thinner, enough so that it would take multiple jackets to equal the bulk and weight of a normal jacket. As strange as that request was, when you watched him enchant the various jackets it suddenly made sense. Instead of trying to enchant a single jacket multiple times, he would wear multiple jackets enchanted once. But you can improve on that idea. Instead of attempting to craft multiple thinner jackets, you've opened up inner linings in existing pieces of work. As you predicted, while the ease of stacking enchantments has gone up, the overall durability of the item has dropped by a bit. Perhaps with time and better materials, you could rectify the second point. Having so many inner linings also helps quite a bit when it comes to deeper pockets, which is a nice side effect.

Chapter 4
Chapter 4

I was in the Batmobile and we were driving through the city. Well, had driven through. We were on the outskirts now.

Batman had convinced me to follow him after he said I was "not in the system" and "had a dangerous artifact" with me. It was just a key, but maybe the magic-ness of it set off his scanners. Either way, I was taking in the sights as we passed by buildings.

The city looked nice, which meant we were in the nice part of the city. Obviously. Where else would Penguin live? But, I found it interesting to look at fancy houses and large, immaculate lawns. It made me feel like I was window shopping. Checking out the pretty and elaborate designs, thinking about what it would be like to live there.

I couldn't do anything else in the car. There was no radio, well, no normal radio, and the caped heroes were silent like the dead. I had of course tried to talk with them. "Catch any bad guys lately?" I asked. No response. That was the extent of my attempt. He was brooding probably, or something.

Batman: not a chatty guy.

"We're here," Batman said. I felt a shift in my pocket but ignored it to focus on the road outside and our destination.

A waterfall. We were headed straight towards it. I didn't panic as I knew where it led. Instead, I was excited. We were about to enter the Bat-lair.

I couldn't see it, but I knew a bridge formed under the pond in front of the waterfall. I mean, there were probably thrusters on this vehicle capable enough to jump it, but that didn't seem subtle. I think Batman is a subtle type of guy.

He drove through the water and into the cave and slowed to a stop in front of a wall. It was dark and without details at first. Then there was some type of scan that we went through. The wall disappeared (hologram?) and we continued forth.

It was like going to an amusement park. There was all sorts of stuff everywhere. A whole section of memorabilia from past campaigns and adventures.

A full-size animatronic Tyrannosaurus Rex, gotten from a visit to "dinosaur island" where a hunter tricked Batman and Robin into visiting to try and kill them.

A giant replica of a Lincoln penny, gotten from the "Penny Plunderers" who were a gang really obsessed with pennies.

And an oversized Joker playing card, from one of the Joker's many dastardly tricks and escapades.

Then the Bat-computer, a supercomputer up to or on par with the watchtower's. State-of-the-art facilities such as a crime lab, workshops, personal gym, space for vehicles as well as separate exits for each type, medical facilities, a vast library, and a Justice League teleporter.

Am array of specialized vehicles, the foremost being the Batmobile. Other vehicles within the complex include various motorcycles, air and watercraft such as the Batplane, a single-occupant supersonic jet, and the Subway Rocket.

And, powering everything, a hydroelectric generator made possible by an underground river.

It was amazing!

Getting out of the vehicle was simple until I nearly fell over from the floor moving. It was that thing where the car parked on the bat symbol and then turned slowly so the car would face the other way in preparation for leaving. Very cool.

"Robin, check the computer. Adam, follow me," Batman said.

Robin seemed a bit down when he got his assignment but listened anyway. I followed the Bat.

He led us past the library, workout room, crime lab, and some closed doors to an interrogation room. One table and a chair on either side. Grey concrete floor and walls. A two-way mirror.

"Sit," Batman said. He came up to one chair and pointed to the opposite.

I sat first, then he did. He pulled out a small voice recorder and activated it.

"This is Batman, interrogating one Adam Fletcher. Adam, please start from the beginning."

I told my story again, but this time with a new beginning.

"Not too long ago, on an Earth similar but different from yours, I was granted a wish." Batman didn't react as I continued. "Some being came to me and offered me an adventure not like any other seen before."

I looked away from Batman, thinking about that moment not too long ago. "I wasn't in a great spot. The future looked bleak. Really, things weren't as bad as I made it out to be, but hindsight is 20/20 as they say."

I took in and let out a breath. "So, the deal. I didn't actually read it. He verbally said nothing bad would happen to me, but now I'm worried about it. I mean, I'm in Gotham, and my first few hours of arriving had me kidnapped.

"That's just the start. I know there's going to be more. I was given a power that evolves, and with great powers comes great adversity. I don't exactly know what will come my way, but I have loads of ideas."

Taking a moment, I centered myself. I was stuck in Gotham for now, but after I left (and I would) there's still the rest of the world. And the villains.

"Anyway, I signed the paper, got the power, and found myself at the welcome sign to Gotham. From there I walked…" I relayed the rest of my journey going into as much detail as possible. I didn't know why Batman wanted me here exactly, but forthrightness seemed like the right move. "...you came up to me and told me we were going to your place and I followed."

Batman held up a hand to keep me from saying anything else. Probably a security thing.

"This is Batman, concluding the interview with Adam Fletcher." He stopped the recording. Then he looked at me. Really looked.

I nervously looked back. Batman may be a bit… odd (he dresses up in a bat suit) but he is a good person.

"I'll be right back," he said. "Wait here." He got up and left, leaving the door open.

Alone again with my thoughts.

[Rolling…
Failed.
Success!
Failed.
Superior Science (300CP) Get!
0CP banked]

With a searing, burning effect, my mind was forcefully imparted with knowledge of technology. Internet, AI, batteries, manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, vehicles, everything was at my fingertips.

'I think I'm a genius now.'

===

Superior Science (Marvel Magic) (300CP)
Magic is undeniably useful and powerful but people have made great strides without relying on it as well. Humanity has used technology to conquer the Earth while other races have forged great, universe-spanning empires without ever relying upon the mystic arts. You now gain a talent with the science of this world. Far from the smartest person on the planet, you are still capable of creating technological wonders far in advance of what your old world was capable of. From laser guns to armies of robots, if you have the materials then you can create technology that can stand up to mysticism.

To be honest, I don't know how to feel about this as knowing Batman he has that place bugged and a plan forming already to take him down. While I do admit, it is realistic for the average person to go looking for Batman he has set himself on a rocky road.

Chapter 5
Chapter 5

{POV Batman/Bruce Wayne}

Bruce honestly did not know what to think. So, he reviewed the events. Tonight had gone from a normal patrol: teaching Robin and driving through the city. To a rescue situation: Penguin and his thugs caught with children saved. Then finally an interrogation: Adam, one boy (who may actually be an adult, or at least used to be) with a strange power.

The power was what worried Bruce in the first place. A key that can open any door is not what describes it, more like a key that can access a place from any door. Adam could be forgiven for not seeing the potential ramifications of such a gift. Robin, nor the police, could see it.

The ultimate smuggler's tool. Something that could hide and transport many living beings or weapons across distances without being caught because the tool used was an unassuming key. Any gang, villain, or other criminal enterprise would kill to see it in their hands.

He would have to choose his words carefully in his report. Definitely so because of his other claims. Transported to a "different but similar Earth" did not bode well. Especially so because of the timing. One year since the conjoining of Earths. Almost exactly 365 days. It was hard not to think of it as a conspiracy.

'A question for later,' he thought as Robin entered the viewing room.

"Get what you needed?" Robin asked. He was curious why I bothered to bring Adam here at all. I usually used the police interrogation rooms. He was also bored sitting at the computer. No important crimes to handle. But no news is good news.

"That and more," Bruce said. His eyes were still watching Adam.

"Happens in these situations," Robin said, gruffly, trying to quote me.

I ignored the sass and played a snippet of the recording. "Some being came to me and offered me an adventure…"

Robin froze, thought quickly of the implications, and asked with trepidation, "A devil?"

"Possible," he said, "but unlikely."

He played another snippet, "...an Earth similar but different from yours."

Robin trembled. His hands formed fists and shook. I saw as his mind went back to that day: one year ago. No one forgot that moment, the feeling of your world shifting and melding with another. It wasn't pleasant.

"He's part of it," Robin stated, not questioned.

"Maybe," he said. Theories were fine, and you should always act with assurance, but acting on hypotheticals could make a bad situation worse.

Robin looked through the two-way mirror, first with scorn then confusion. "What's he doing?"

Bruce didn't know, but he had a hunch. He played another portion of the recording. "I was given a power that evolves."

Robin snapped back to me. A different fear was emanating from him. One I knew well. "Doomsday?" he whispered.

Bruce walked up to Robin and placed a hand on his shoulder. It did little to comfort him, but even a little meant something. "I'll be asking some follow-up questions. You can stay here but be sure to notify me if there's an emergency."

He watched Robin nod, then he walked to the adjacent room. Whatever it was Adam was doing, he would find out. Bruce just worried about what exactly it would be.

===
{POV Adam}

'Lasers! Gas, solid-state, liquid, fiber, semiconductor! So many lasers!'

The "Superior Science" perk had given me a lot to think about while Bats was away. Lasers, obviously, being one of them. I had been stuck thinking about it honestly. Finding a way to make laser guns was just cool, and possible. Well, sort of. I didn't have any materials currently to make anything, nor a proper workspace, but I did have my Constructor drone so there was that.

'I wonder if Batman will fund me if I help make an AI for his supercomputer?'

Besides lasers being stuck in my head, and assorted mundane technology, there were robots. Not industrial robots, or those weird humanoid ones that were being marketed back on my Earth. I'm talking about proper robots! Complete with articulated limbs and phalanges, Artificial Intelligence, and drones!

'Thinking about it, it's possible I could deconstruct my drone, reassemble it, then make more with it.'

Before I could go any further with my thinking (and frantic hand motions over the table for designs I had) Batman returned.

"You're more lively," he said. His tone was neutral as usual, but somehow I felt like there was judgment there. Or maybe curiosity?

"Yeah! I got a new power!" It really helped blow away my earlier downward spiral. Honestly, the Forge may be random but I was happy to have it.

He pulled his chair swiftly, the metal on concrete making an irritating noise throughout the enclosed space. Then sat down, pulled out the recorder again, and said, "This is Batman, conducting a follow-up interview with Adam Fletcher. Adam, please repeat what you just said."

'I could totally mess with him here. Be like: I don't know what you mean, officer. But I'm doing my best to be on his good side. Gotta stick with it.'

"Well, you noticed and stated I was more lively, so I replied 'I got a new power!'"

He took it in stride, "What is this power?"

"Ah," I held up a finger, "Not really a 'power' but more so a bunch of knowledge. Sorry for the confusion." I put down the finger.

He frowned. "Elaborate."

I nodded. "Of course. So, my original power is called 'The Celestial Forge' which covers just about anything and everything connected to crafting in the omniverse. At indeterminate points of my current existence, I'll receive 'perks' which can be anything from items, tools, workshops, powers, knowledge, or skills. What I recently received was a bunch of knowledge of mundane and advanced technology that could rival popular forms of magic."

He took a moment to process that. I couldn't blame him, I was still processing it myself. But he rallied, and simply said, "Omniverse."

I flinched. "Ah, probably shouldn't have said that." The cat was out of the bag. I could move forward and tell him everything, or keep it a secret and keep my knowledge hidden. A tough decision, that is if you weren't speaking with Batman.

"Omni means all, combined with verse means a place where everything and anything can happen. You're speaking like the multiverse is just the beginning."

Drat! Foiled again!

"I mean, yeah, sort of," I said. I was looking away and picking at my fingers. But then I realized how guilty that made me look and stopped. THEN I tried looking back at Batman, but seeing his scowl made me direct my eyes to the table. Finally, I heard a familiar voice.

[Rolling…
Success!
Failed.
Failed.
Rites of Maintenance (100CP) Get!
50CP leftover… Rolling…
Failed.
50CP banked.]

'Hmm? Oh, yes, this will definitely help. I can disassemble and reassemble my Constructor drone now, no problem.'

Batman must have caught on as I relaxed and thought about my new perk. He asked, "What was that?"

Deciding to be honest with at least this I said, "New perk. Helps with maintenance of machines."

"That all?" Sure, compared to a whole plethora of knowledge on technology it was lackluster, but maintenance can be a bitch sometimes.

I nodded. "Yeah, the perks I get are tiered and random. Could get a fluffy kitty one moment or a giant robot in the next." I saw his eyes narrow at that. I wanted to say 'You shouldn't disregard the kitty' but the way I worded it definitely added to the assumption.

"This is Batman, concluding the follow-up interview with Adam Fletcher." He stopped the recording. Before he could comment any further Robin knocked on the door.

"Black Mask is taking territory from Penguin. He's not the only one."

===

Rites of Maintenance (Warhammer 40k - Adeptus Mechanicus) (100CP)
While already designed to be incredibly robust, Imperial equipment inevitably requires maintenance. You can locate and identify problems within a machine in a fraction of the time it would take other adepts. Not knowing how a machine functions does not make fixing it any more difficult so long as you have the proper parts, tools, and rituals to guide your hands.

Yeah, no, I really thought he had at least a bit of intelligence, but it seems going to a new Earth has made him a naive Moron, and he hasn't shown a redeeming quality since first chapter. And his stupidity has gotten to the point of being annoying and offensive. I mean, why is this guy telling everyone about his powers, where he comes from? Or why did he go with the police in the first place. You had everything to make a good beginning, but of course we must have a stupid guy with a logic no one could understand, because no one in the same situation would have trusted someone at Gotham. And why does he trust Batman? Doesn't this guy know about the multiverse? Why couldn't he be the bad guy? Yeah man, while the idea is good, as every Celestial Forge, the MC is ruining it. Good luck, but I can stomach this much stupidity

Yeah, no, I really thought he had at least a bit of intelligence, but it seems going to a new Earth has made him a naive Moron, and he hasn't shown a redeeming quality since first chapter. And his stupidity has gotten to the point of being annoying and offensive. I mean, why is this guy telling everyone about his powers, where he comes from? Or why did he go with the police in the first place. You had everything to make a good beginning, but of course we must have a stupid guy with a logic no one could understand, because no one in the same situation would have trusted someone at Gotham. And why does he trust Batman? Doesn't this guy know about the multiverse? Why couldn't he be the bad guy? Yeah man, while the idea is good, as every Celestial Forge, the MC is ruining it. Good luck, but I can stomach this much stupidity
if you can stomach it why leave ;)

I respectfully disagree. First of all he seems to be a major fan of Batmam. Remember he was very disorientated when he suddenly appeared so I don't blame him for trusting the police. I was also raised to trust the police unfortunately.

I'm also in enjoying this. I like the character and I like how the story is going. The only problem I see cropping up is too much power too fast if it continues at this pace.

Just found this fic seems good
And when you are in presence of Batman you want to answer his questions or else you get headache for your troubles

I'm confused. It's like a lot of the previous commenters haven't been reading properly. This guy is clearly not the smartest he assumed Batman would intercept the call and rush to his rescue which is a crazy assumption of its own but why did he tell the person on the phone? That's easily the dumbest thing he's done all novel. Not only could this have given penguin and his goons the opportunity to escape but now that the corrupt cops know this, they'll conduct a few tests to confirm, then spam the phone lines with key words like 'kidnap' or 'human trafficking'. That'll make it so batman can't ever reliably use it again. They could even use it to set a trap.( I doubt Batman would fall for itp)
I'm not saying our MC being a dumb fuck in the beginning is a bad thing. This seems like a normal guy who knows a bit about CF and other media. He shouldn't be super competent or even competent at all. He should be making mistakes like a normal person but with the CF that should change quickly.

I'm confused. It's like a lot of the previous commenters haven't been reading properly. This guy is clearly not the smartest he assumed Batman would intercept the call and rush to his rescue which is a crazy assumption of its own but why did he tell the person on the phone? That's easily the dumbest thing he's done all novel. Not only could this have given penguin and his goons the opportunity to escape but now that the corrupt cops know this, they'll conduct a few tests to confirm, then spam the phone lines with key words like 'kidnap' or 'human trafficking'. That'll make it so batman can't ever reliably use it again. They could even use it to set a trap.( I doubt Batman would fall for itp)
I'm not saying our MC being a dumb fuck in the beginning is a bad thing. This seems like a normal guy who knows a bit about CF and other media. He shouldn't be super competent or even competent at all. He should be making mistakes like a normal person but with the CF that should change quickly.
He's a freaked out normie that just got kidnapped and is focused on getting himself and the <8 year old kids he's trapped with saved from... a human trafficking ring at best?

He doesn't have any perks like Gamers Mind or anything like that. Unless he was a special forces operative before he got ROB-ed, he's likely working on adrenaline, spite, and whatever seems like a good idea at the time.

Chapter 6
Chapter 6

{POV Batman/Bruce Wayne}

"Are you sure it's wise to leave him alone?" Robin asked on our way to the Batmobile.

"I've notified Alfred," he replied. Adam didn't seem like one to get into trouble, but he was rescued from Cobblepot's mansion where he nearly willingly entered. Alfred, though, would keep an eye on him.

"And the key?" A good point. Batman checked his secure pouch… to find it empty.

"Hmm." He could try to take the key again, but it would just end up back with Adam. Either way, they were in a hurry, and Alfred was watching him. It would be fine.

===
{POV Adam}

'I wonder if I can hack the Batcomputer?' I was sitting on the command throne, a very ostentatious chair with technology built into it to work with the Batcomputer. Just from a cursory overview, this chair could detect the weight of an individual sitting on it to determine if said individual is authorized to use the computer. An ingenious design, if a bit odd. After all, weight changes are common for people who dress up in bullet-proof outfits. The addition or subtraction of any utilities or tools would mess with the sensors.

'Hmm, probably not.' No, the weight verification was just another tool that couldn't compare to voice and password recognition. And anyway, Superior Science only gave me knowledge of how to construct technology. Not hack supercomputers.

"Hello," a voice spoke from behind me.

"Gah?!" I shouted. Turning around I saw an older gentleman wearing a butler's outfit. It was a nice outfit too. A black suit; consisting of a jacket, bow tie, blazer, and a pair of trousers. No creases. Along with a chain that led from a button to the waist pocket; most likely a pocket watch. "Alfred, you scared me."

He raised an eyebrow. "Apologies." He looked me over and gestured to the chair. "And what were you doing?" His tone is questioning and judgemental.

"Well, you know how it is. You get invited to someone's house, see they have a cool chair, and think 'I wonder what it would be like to sit in that?'" I shrugged. "Couldn't be helped."

"I see. And I suppose next you wanted to ride the surf the web or ride on the T-Rex?" he questioned, sarcasm evident in his voice.

"Those are completely unrelated to the situation at hand," I countered. "But if you're offering…" I left the sentence hanging.

"I am not." He leaned in closer to me. His intimidation probably would've worked if he was Batman, but not everyone can have that kind of menacing aura. Although, Alfred can be scary in his own way. I should bend a bit. Show him I mean no harm.

"Just joking, Mr. Pennyworth," I said meekly. "Just joking."

"I see." He leaned back. "Well, why don't you follow me and we can have a late dinner made for you."

"Much obliged, sir." I stood up and followed him out of the Batcave and into the manor.

We came out of a secret passage in the library, made our way to the dining room, and finally into the kitchen. And, I feel I should say, the place was very opulent. It had none of that rich-to-be-rich vibe that Penguin's place had. There was still the expensive vase, painting, or art piece around, but it felt like you wanted to ask "What's that over there?" instead of the art shouting loudly "Look at me!" Very fancy, much wow.

I don't know why I was led through the dining room to the kitchen. I thought Alfred would have sat me down and recited a menu of possible entrees. I didn't get that though, I got a questioning look and a simple "What would you like?"

Not really thinking much, I simply questioned, "A ham and cheese sandwich?"

He nodded and went to work. Some nice Italian bread, fresh-cut ham, and at my request provolone. He even added some lettuce and mayo. 'Is this what being rich is like? Having some nice, old man make you a sandwich at midnight just cause you asked? …Wow.'

It was pleasant, and delicious, up until I realized I was there eating a sandwich while someone watched. It quickly grew nervous and I asked Alfred, "Do you want a bite?"

"No, thank you," he replied. Like he didn't know I was growing increasingly uncomfortable. Awkward? Yes, but I did my best to ignore him and finish my ham and cheese.

"Here you go." I handed him the plate. He washed it off and put it in the dishwasher. "And thank you." I was grateful for the meal. I didn't realize how hungry I was until we were in the kitchen.

"You're most welcome. Now, shall we find you a room?" He walked out of the kitchen and bade me to follow. We traveled up the stairs, where a large, beautiful portrait of Bruce and his parents hung, and past other art pieces to what I assumed were the living quarters.

He picked a room and we went inside. It was as grand as you might imagine a guest room in a billionaire's home to be. A King-sized bed with posts and drapes. A beautiful rug that looked more like a tapestry. A large window for my viewing pleasure. An adjacent closet and bathroom. I didn't know how to react. I had never seen anything like this in person before.

While I was gawking Alfred had gotten a fresh set of pajamas and started the bath (The adjacent bathroom had a bath!). When I heard the water running I investigated. "Just let it fill up and you'll be good. After you're done please hand me your clothes so I can wash them."

"Uh, sure." He wouldn't be standing outside my bathroom waiting for me to finish right?

"Excellent. Enjoy," he said as he closed the door.

I took off my clothes and entered the bath. It was heavenly. Smooth, hot water. Bubbly, fragrant soap. Baths were just amazing.

[Rolling…
Failed.
Success!
Success!
Scavenger Get!
Smith Get!
0CP banked.]

'Wait, what? It seems I had just enough points to get both rolls. Score! Let's see…' The first perk I got was called "Scavenger" which as the name implies made me the perfect scavenger for spare and mashed-together parts. And it would improve the durability of any equipment made from scavenged or improvised parts. The second perk was called "Smith" which, again, as the name implies made me a smith. Specifically blacksmithing, armorsmithing, and weaponsmithing. And an extra addition to this was my creation times were halved. Now, let's use a sword as an example. Instead of that sword being made in one week, it would be three and a half days. This means I could make two swords in one week, as opposed to a normal blacksmith who can only make one. And I could get the perk again, which would halve the time again.

Relaxing in the bath, I thought to myself, 'Ya know, today wasn't so bad if you think about it. Sure I got abducted, but I was able to think and act on a way out. Then there's all the perks I've gotten. Seven! Not including the three I started with. It kinda makes me wonder how many perks there are if there even is a limit.'

Before I got too comfortable, I washed my body, got out, dried myself, and dressed myself in the provided silk pajamas. Alfred wasn't waiting for me once I opened the door, so simply tucked myself into bed and fell asleep.

===

Scavenger (Ravenwood) (100CP)
Sometimes, you do not have the luxury of top-of-the-line equipment and need to rely on what scraps you can salvage. You, however, have an advantage, being able to cobble together scavenged bits into functional equipment that works as well as the real deal. This talent will also inherently improve the durability of such improvised equipment to function even when such materials should not feasibly hold up under the strains of use.

Smith (Generic Builder) (100CP)
You have a particular talent for creating anything a blacksmith/armorsmith/weaponsmith might create. Any such crafted object is half again as durable as it would otherwise be. Creation times are halved and your natural talent increases with each purchase of this knack.
* Can be taken indefinitely for creation time modifiers

Chapter 7
Chapter 7

I woke up fine and dandy to the comfortable, soft bed of billionaire Bruce Wayne's guest room. The blessed sun was shining through the large window, permeating the room with natural, warm light. It was a struggle to wake up, get up, and go to the bathroom. After performing my morning ablutions, however, I was awake and ready for the day ahead. Alfred even washed my clothes for me.

Anyway, I made my way down to the dining room. Batman (Bruce) and Robin (Dick) were already there eating a full-course breakfast. Alfred was off to the side, still as a statue. He went to and pulled out a chair for me to sit.

"Thank you, Alfred," I said. The plate in front of me had pancakes, eggs, and sausage. The glass was full of milk.

"My pleasure," Alfred replied, then went back to his post.

I nodded to the two at the table and said, "Bruce. Dick." They had the same meals, but more eaten than mine of course. Dick seemed to twitch when I called his name. Bruce took it in stride.

"Good sleep?" Bruce asked.

"Oh yes. My compliments to the mattress and obviously Alfred, for his housekeeping skills." I replied. It may have come off as sassy or snooty, but I was honestly impressed. I had never slept so soundly and peacefully before. I don't even remember what I dreamt about. It was that good.

"What's going on here? Am I supposed to be okay with this?" Dick asked. He was displeased. Of that, you could tell. Bruce must've not said anything to him, or maybe I sprung this on them. I could see that. Some random guy shows up, tells impossible stories, and is instantly accepted? He may even be comparing his time spent not knowing to me already knowing about Batman.

Bruce spoke up, "Adam will be staying with us for the time being." A bit cold, and obvious, but I assumed there was some hidden meaning. Batman has a history of not telling Robin any of his plans and letting him figure them out himself.

Dick seemed to understand this as well. He thought for a moment, gathering his thoughts, and asked me, "So, you're like some kind of genius like Iron Man, right?"

"Oh? I didn't know you had Marvel comics here." I was surprised. You'd think copyright laws would affect the dimensional fabric of the omniverse or something.

"Comics?" he questioned.

"Yeah." I was about to question his media habits, but when I looked into his eyes I saw not just confusion but worry. Like I would say something that could upend his whole reality. "What's wrong?"

"Comics," Bruce said softly. "Omniverse." I looked at him. This time I really felt like I could see his mind processing. And his thinking, got me thinking.

I know I messed up before by mentioning the Omniverse. Suddenly realizing that anything and everything is not only possible but a reality is jarring. This was more than that. Because not only was I in the DC universe with Batman and Robin, but I was also in a merged DC/Marvel crossover event. My own worries should be put aside for the moment. Thanos and Darkseid? Not important. What is important, however, is Batman knowing. I admit to not being much of a comic guy but I know Batman having information is important. The more information the better prepared he is and with enough preparation he could take down gods.

"Listen," I said, gaining their attention, "I know I've been forthcoming with some things, and some things not so much, so I want you to know why." Their postures straightened. I took a deep breath. "You two are heroes. And when I say that, I mean it. Not just to the people you save, the people you inspire, the villains you fight, or the world. You are all of that to other people on other worlds. And I thank you for that."

DC or Marvel didn't matter in this situation (not just because I was in a crossover). If you ever come to be here, in the flesh, with an iconic hero then you have to recognize their weight. You can't help but look at them and see the impact they've created or will create. Their deeds and motivations propel them into legendary status. And I can't help but feel honored to be here. I don't know my place yet, but I do know theirs, and if I can stand by them for just a little while it would have been worth it. Because their heroes.

Dick was flustered. He didn't expect his animosity and fear to be met with thanks and hope. He expected dread knowledge of finding yourself to be made into a caricature by an extradimensional being. I saw that and knew how it could be seen. The damage it could do to your psyche knowing you're history and future is entertainment for untold numbers of people who will never see your struggle. But I wouldn't let him feel that way, he was too important. If this world really was conjoined with Marvel's then he would be needed.

Bruce, too, was put off guard. He didn't expect a thank you, especially one so heartfelt, as what I said. He worked past it quickly though. "That's very kind of you to say."

I nodded. "Of course. But now I must ask some questions, and I hope you'll indulge me first before questioning in kind." Naturally, they were concerned, but Bruce nodded and let me continue. "Great. What comes to mind first is: what is the roster of the Justice League and the Avengers?"

A question that could be easily answered if you lived here, on this Earth, but important for me to know. It would give me a rough timeline of future and past events, but nothing concrete.

Bruce humored my first question with what I first thought of as a joke. "The League of Avengers comprises Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, Black Canary, Martian Manhunter, Green Arrow, Captain America, Captain Marvel, Iron Man, War Machine, Thor, Hawkeye, Falcon, Black Widow, and the Hulk."

Before I could ask another question, the Forge rang through my head.

[Rolling…
Failed.
Failed.
Failed.
150 CP banked.]

'Unfortunate.'

Neither seemed to recognize what happened to me, so I continued. "Thank you. Now, do you know of the X-Men?" He nodded. "Fantastic Four?" Another nod. "Hydra?" Nod. "The Hand?" Nod. "League of Assassins?" Nod. "Thanos?" …A reluctant shake. "Darkseid?" Another shake. "Have you had any alien invasions?"

Bruce seemed upset that he didn't know those last two, and tied it to my last question. "The Appellaxians attacked our Earth before the merge, and Loki attacked the other Earth."

"I see. Last question for now," I paused for effect. "What is your opinion on recruitment?"

Last edited:
Damn, a DC/Marvel, that's two hard settings to meld.

Looking forward to seeing where this goes.
One thing I'm fairly certain but not completely certain is that Thanos would not work with darkseid. Simply put Thanos for the most part isn't evil exactly. He's just a fanatic.

Last edited:
One thing I'm fairly certain but not completely certain is that Thanos would not work with darkseid. Simply put Thanos for the most part isn't evil exactly. He's just a fanatic.
That depends entirely on if you're going with MCU's Thanos, who is a well intentioned extremist, or Comics Thanks, who is a simp for death.

Damn, a DC/Marvel, that's two hard settings to meld.

Looking forward to seeing where this goes.
Fun fact DC and marvel have had a few crossovers.

Some where they fight

Some where they work together

And some where they got fused.

Batman got fused with wolverine into a hero named "dark claw"

Interlude 1
Interlude 1

{POV Batman}{Location: Watchtower}

The League of Avengers had scheduled a meeting for today, with a certain caped crusader first in line to present.

"Batman has the floor," Wonder Woman stated, "questions are to be left until after his entire presentation."

"Thank you," he said, then began his report still sitting. "As has been stated it's been a tumultuous year. We've seen protests, riots, revolutions, and reformations. Instead of talking about what has occurred, I will be speaking about what will.

The holoboard activated and brought up pictures of four individuals. "The Fantastic Four." He noticed everyone paid close attention. "As we all know, the Four were inundated with powers when exposed to cosmic radiation in space. Reed Richards aka Mister Fantastic can stretch his body. Sue Storm aka the Invisible Woman can turn invisible and create shields. Johnny Storm aka the Human Torch can light himself on fire. Ben Grimm aka the Thing is a man made entirely of rocks." The holoboard played images of their abilities. "They've fought against and defeated Victor Von Doom aka Dr. Doom, Monarch of Latveria, many times. He plans world domination on a regular basis." Flash snorted at that.

Batman ignored him and continued. "Currently, the Fantastic Four is operating out of the Baxter building in New York City. They are working on a secret project that they have dubbed as "a way to travel between universes." Green Lantern bristled at that, but he didn't voice his opinion. "Multiple individuals from the science community have voiced their concerns over the project. Miss Storm, on behalf of the team, responded, 'We are taking every precaution and security measure in order to make sure this works as intended and with total control.' The full statement is in your notes." Flash immediately read through it, then frowned. "It doesn't say much, but they have said they will provide updates as things progress."

Batman took a breath. "Next, China's group of superheroes." There were a few exclamations of surprise. "Formed as a response to the League of Avengers, the currently unnamed group was created by the Chinese government in order to espouse patriotism and better police their country." Pictures of five individuals, with names attached, appeared on the holoboard. There was a brief outburst.

Many "What the hell?!" shouts were had. Batman continued when things died down. "Super-Man aka Kong Kenan. Wonder-Woman aka Peng Deilan. Bat-Man aka Wang Baixi. Celestial Archer aka Xu Tao. and their leader August General in Iron aka Fang Zhifu. Their abilities are available for viewing in the notes." Everyone took a look at the notes, so Batman waited a moment, but then he finished. "Currently, the five are operating within Beijing and doing an adequate job of policing crimes."

"Next, the X-Men." There were some sighs. "Led by Charles Xavier, a telepath and noted mutant rights activist, the X-Men is a group of mutants that fight for the safety of other mutants. They currently operate around the United States thanks to a high-altitude jet and are able to locate mutants thanks to a device called Cerebro. Details on the device and their roster are available in the notes."

Again, many looked through the notes. "The current deployment of X-Men has picked up since their withdrawal following the Conjoining. Whether this is because of an active situation or familiarity with the world is uncertain. What is known, however, is their antithesis has been growing in numbers." There were some confused looks.

"The Brotherhood of Mutants." The holoboard changed and Magneto's face was shown. "Leader: Magneto aka Max Eisenhardt. His ability was originally just control of metals but had either grown or adapted to be control of Electromagnetism. He leads the Brotherhood like it is a revolutionary movement in public but in private asserts mutants are a dominant and therefore better species." Unhappy, that was the feel of the room. "While small at first, in the past year their numbers have risen from less than a hundred to nearly five times that." The feeling intensified. "We currently have no clue as to their objectives."

Before the room could derail, Batman moved on and the holoboard changed to images of ninjas. "The Hand. A group of ninjas based out of Japan. They mainly deal in assassinations, but other parts of the organization deal in money-gathering operations like laundering, drugs, extortion, arms trafficking, and other organized crime activities." He took a breath and readied himself for another outburst. "The group is led by five individuals colloquially known as "Fingers of the Hand" and they serve something known as "the Beast." As he predicted, there was an outcry of disbelief. But it settled, and he continued. "Not much is known about this 'individual' but as they have been worshiping it for nearly millennia, and some of the Fingers have not visibly aged, magic and demons are suspected. Currently, they are in a cold war with The League of Assassins."

The holoboard changed again. "The League of Assassins is almost exactly the same as the Hand. Where they differ is in their leadership. Instead of one 'Beast' they are led by a man named Ra's al Ghul which translates to Head of the Demon. Although seemingly immortal, he instead uses a supernatural location called the Lazarus Pit to gain untold years of life and resurrection capabilities. Full details on the organization can be viewed in the archives." Some were confused as to why it wasn't in the notes, but he didn't explain it was that the archives had more security and he didn't want his past getting out so readily.

The holoboard shut off. "In the interest of time, and because it would coincide with other reports, I have only focused on groups and not individuals. However, as I come to a close I shall note some. Spiderman, Doctor Strange, Doctor Fate, The Atom, Ant-Man, Black Lightning, and the list goes on. If we are to truly succeed and save the world then we will need extra hands. Individuals who exemplify great strength, fortitude, justice, and will. The world has changed and will continue to change, so we must change with it. Thank you for your time."

===

Itinerary: A Year in Review: Shield's report via Captain America on Hydra. Aquaman's report on the different Atlantis-es. War Machine's report on military conflicts. Green Lantern and Captain Marvel's report on Universe irregularities. Iron Man's report on nations of Earth. Batman's report on other organizations and a recruitment pitch.

ngl thought he would bring up the dimensionally placed child and lead with we should step in with the fantastic fours tomfoolery of other worlds and breaking the barriers to access them (very bad idea marvel zombies can vouch)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back