• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Coronavirus COVID-19 Pandemic

Venezuela is probably utterly fucked and this pandemic might finally be execution shot. Iran is doing pretty badly too, I hear. It seems that a lot of people ignored advisement to stay home and instead went out to visit family and relatives on a major holiday.

I live in Venezuela, you know.

This is like attending my own funeral and that of my whole family. Everyone just keeps talking about how fucked we are whenever Venezuela is mentioned, nobody can do anything about it, and I have the suspicion that even if they could their reaction would still be the same "well, it sucks to be you".

I can't cope with this, living with a collective death sentence over our heads, knowing it's just a matter of time before the sword falls. I'm this close to breaking down. I just want things to end up already.

I live in Venezuela, you know.

This is like attending my own funeral and that of my whole family. Everyone just keeps talking about how fucked we are whenever Venezuela is mentioned, nobody can do anything about it, and I have the suspicion that even if they could their reaction would still be the same "well, it sucks to be you".

I can't cope with this, living with a collective death sentence over our heads, knowing it's just a matter of time before the sword falls. I'm this close to breaking down. I just want things to end up already.
If at all possible I'd see about leaving the country while still possible. It won't be long I'd wager before martial law is declared.

What steps has Venezuela taken, if any, to halt the spread of the virus?

I can't leave the country. That's completely out of the question. If I could I'd have done it already, and it's not like all the neighboring countries aren't free of the virus either. Where do you go when the damn thing has infected the whole world already? Do you really think an immigrant anywhere wouldn't be at the thinnest end of the rope?

We've been on quarantine for nearly a week now.

Again, as I keep saying, it's not a flu.

Funny.

This whole "not a flu" thing is kinda similar to what happened in Left4Dead.

In the game, CEDA (Civil Emergency and Defense Agency) downplayed the infection as nothing more than a new type of flu leaving most people uninformed and ill-prepared.

Their actions obviously worsen the situation of course further causing the outbreak to spread quickly.

*sigh*

I really don't get why some governments downplay and censor the situation.

:confused:

The guidelines are just trading massive death by contamination for massive death by starvation since most people in the world can't allow ourselves the luxury of holing up for months with no income.

And by this point I'm half-convinced the damn thing would still get us regardless. We probably aren't being told the truth on how it actually spreads.

I'm trying to hole up as best and tightly for as long as I can, but I'm not holding to any hopes anymore.

The guidelines are just trading massive death by contamination for massive death by starvation since most people in the world can't allow ourselves the luxury of holing up for months with no income.

And by this point I'm half-convinced the damn thing would still get us regardless. We probably aren't being told the truth on how it actually spreads.

I'm trying to hole up as best and tightly for as long as I can, but I'm not holding to any hopes anymore.
If everyone could hole themseves up and have the self-control to not go anywhere it would be done under a month.

Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my fucking god.

Donald Trump retweeted a Twitter thread by Michael Coudrey.

A Twitter thread which extensively cites my document.

Now people on Twitter are freaking out and wondering who the hell Train Dodger is. :V

I'm not kidding. That shit literally just happened.

I also have that vid of me singing in the gas mask on my Twitter feed, where all these hand-wringing blue checkmarks can see it.

It's not every day that you can say that you trolled all of America with entirely factual information about a deadly pandemic virus.

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump

https://twitter.com/MichaelCoudrey/status/1241354642417577986

https://twitter.com/jason_kint/status/1241398909970284544

https://twitter.com/b00msl4ng

Fucking hell.
That is pretty funny and you might as well enjoy your five-minutes of fame while it lasts, right?

Cool.

Now get over yourself.
He may have helped save who knows how many lives by doing all this research on his own time and his own dime. He took the time to contact gov officials to make sure people with power had info needed to help others. His work was important enough that it got retweeted by POTUS himself.

And all you can muster is: 'Get over yourself.'

Is that a faint whiff of jealousy and pettiness I detect?

Now, let's keep things in perspective please.

You said it yourself, this is a matter of life and death with the lives of millions across the world in potential risk.

You kind of shoot the seriousness of your own statements in the foot when you treat that very serious matter, in the very next breath, as a matter of personal pride and reinvindication while posting Shadow the Hedgehog imagery with it.

Like, thanks a million lots, buddy, and really, I mean it,but... it's kind of in bad taste, to first go on this rant on how dire and grim the situation is and then doing a victory dance as soon as Trump-sempai notices you. At least wait to see if the Trump administration actually takes it anywhere first, please.

Now, let's keep things in perspective please.

You said it yourself, this is a matter of life and death with the lives of millions across the world in potential risk.

You kind of shoot the seriousness of your own statements in the foot when you treat that very serious matter, in the very next breath, as a matter of personal pride and reinvindication while posting Shadow the Hedgehog imagery with it.

Like, thanks a million lots, buddy, and really, I mean it,but... it's kind of in bad taste, to first go on this rant on how dire and grim the situation is and then doing a victory dance as soon as Trump-sempai notices you. At least wait to see if the Trump administration actually takes it anywhere first, please.
Uhm, no? Are people suddenly not allowed to take pride in their accomplishments all of sudden? That he takes it as a matter of "personal pride and reinvindication" is a natural reaction and you trying to cast it as a bad thing is quite honestly meaningless. As for whether or not the Trump administration actually does anything with it: There's nothing he can about that but at least now a lot of people know of the research he's put together that wouldn't have before this.

Been permanently banned from SpaceBattles and suffered mockery and derision after having been a member there for 14 years, cut off from all my friends and everyone I know there while I struggled heavily with my own personal demons, simply for insinuating that China may have been cremating a bit more people than they were saying, not even outright saying it. News flash: 50,000+ people died in Wuhan and the CCP covered it up by locking down the internet and barring people inside their homes. Thousands of people are continuing to die in China while the CCP falsely insists the death rate has leveled out.
... dafuq? Could you PM me a link?

The people who banned me? They didn't care about me one bit. Not only did they completely dismiss my claims out of hand without even reading my sources, they told me "We don't need your emotional baggage".
... seriously?! What you're describing is very much not a violation of either site's rules.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back