• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Cosmos Quest (Naruto/Lupin III)

Well with lupins tendency to be attracted to dangerous women Gara might be more interesting to her....
I am grasping at straws here to give us a execuse for a rockoff!

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Oh my god this is hysterical we need to hang out with Gaara more, scary unholymotheroffuck chakra or not. :p
He seems nice.
Scia said:
Well I was more thinking about something with a bit more.. movement and gnashing of teeths.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_icctfc9Kw
You'd prefer a capella?
[embed=425,349]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqGBD55wJNE[/embed]

Oh, and changed my mind.

Cast me a vote for
[X] Trying to psyche out Sound and Mist, and pin it on the other guy

Think you'll have a hard time finding a good coherent one. Everyone more or less ended up with their own ideas.

Last edited by a moderator:
[2] A selection of fine mooks for your trolling pleasure.
Serous
Jack Trade

[2] The Oto-nin
-> [X] The 8-year-old girl
-> [X] The teenage girl
-> [X] The boy in his late teens
[X] One of the Mist-nin
-> [X] The girl
-> [X] The blond apparent-water-user wild-boy
-> [X] The black-haired apparent-swordsman boy
[X] That Taki-nin. You don't know for sure he's a sensor, but it couldn't hurt to get rid of him, could it?
Selias
ward201

[2] That Taki-nin. You don't know for sure he's a sensor, but it couldn't hurt to get rid of him, could it?
[X] A selection of fine mooks for your trolling pleasure.
Unclouded
The Nobody

[1] The Oto-nin
[X] That Taki-nin. You don't know for sure he's a sensor, but it couldn't hurt to get rid of him, could it?
uju32 (He said he was voting for Hymn's plan, before Hymn changed it, so he's either voting for this, or for Hymn's NEW plan.)

[1] The Oto-nin
-> [X] The teenage girl
[X] One of the Mist-nin
Hymn of Ragnarock

Unless you wanted the individual votes. In THAT case, it's:

[2] A selection of fine mooks for your trolling pleasure. (Only this)
Serous
Jack Trade

[3] A selection of fine mooks for your trolling pleasure. (In addition to other votes)
Unclouded
The Nobody
Hymn of Ragnarok

[2] The Oto-nin
Selias
ward201

[3] The Oto-nin
-> [X] The teenage girl
Selias
ward201
Hymn of Ragnarok

[2] The Oto-nin
Selias
ward201

[2] One of the Mist-nin
-> [X] The girl
Selias
ward201

[3] One of the Mist-nin
Selias
ward201
Hymn of Ragnarok

[2] One of the Mist-nin
-> [X] The black-haired apparent-swordsman boy
Selias
ward201

[5] That Taki-nin. You don't know for sure he's a sensor, but it couldn't hurt to get rid of him, could it?
Selias
Unclouded
ward201
The Nobody
Hymn of Ragnarok

Man that was a pain in the ass.

whenever anyone mentions the eight year old girl, I always picture Hanabi, then think "no wait, its not her" and go back.

... it isn't her, right?

Selias said:
No, the girl is from Sound.

Hence the question.

things are weird in this timeline, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if Hanabi ended up in Oto.

or even if Oto wasn't orochimaru's pet village this time around.

also, been re-reading.

when we try to nick Asuma's cigs, he makes a comment about us people the (a?) protagonist, I didn't notice that before.

God, this quest is so fucking meta.

iamnuff said:
Hence the question.
things are weird in this timeline, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if Hanabi ended up in Oto.
I would.
Hyuuga are distinctive, even before they activate the Byakugan.
And if Hinata lost a sister to a snatch, last place they'd bring her back to is Konoha, don't you think?
And you'd expect Hinata to have mentioned it sometime.

Wait, did I forget to vote?

[Q] Troll everyone
Wait, we're already doing that.

[X] Variety Pack Special- Roll those dice, GM! Or just choose on a whim.

Selias said:
[X] The Oto-nin

That's who we're talking about, right? The girl from sound?
What makes you think labels chosen by your character based on her observations are automatically an accurate reflection of reality?

[X] Me, I'm a part of your circle of friends...

"I surrender!" Taki-boy says in unison with three other people.

You grin behind your hands. The Kiri blond looks kind of spooked, looking back and forth between you in disguise, Gaara and the older girl on the Oto team, who has her eyes scrunched shut and her hands wound together tightly in her lap. Well, that's lucky - blondie isn't sure where the prompt came from, and the Sound girl isn't confident she can beat the scary redhead. Though to be honest, you weren't expecting her to be.

51 people are left.

A girl in a Suna headband bursts into tears and runs out of the room, her two teammates following with concerned expressions.

48 people are left.

"Anyone else?" Ibiki asks blandly, as though bored.

Tenten slams both hands onto the desk in front of her, and half the proctors jump in surprise. "I'd like to lodge a formal complaint," she says through gritted teeth. "These exams are supposed to determine who's fit to take on the responsibilities of a chuunin! Not to let you get your rocks off picking on genin!"

Neji's sigh is nearly inaudible over the muffled snickers and gasps of several other people in the room.

Ibiki shrugs. "You're free to leave at any time."

"No dice," she proclaims heatedly, sinking back into her chair and crossing her arms. "Not only will I pass this test, I'll pass all the others, too, and once I'm promoted over you I'll dismiss you for negligence and mental cruelty!"

Your mouth drops open. Whoa... when did the Professional grow a pair? She's never talked to adults like that before!

Ibiki raises an eyebrow in polite interest. "Negligence?"

"Chuunin are the backbone of the officer class and of the Hidden Village system itself!" Tenten declares stoutly. "We aren't a bunch of clans running around at constant war with each other any more! Chuunin are in charge of our power plants, our hospitals, our schools, our-" She flounders for a moment, but comes back up swinging: "Any non-classified work that could still be sensitive, we make genin handle it and put chuunin in charge of them. This test is biased in favour of field agents even though we already have another way to get promoted and the white-collar ninja don't!"

"Candidate 140," Ibiki says flatly, "Minus two points."

Just as she's opening her mouth to protest again, he adds, with a smile, "And add twelve points to your score, because you just passed the test."

He turns his attention back to the room at large. "That goes for the rest of you, too; congratulations."

The room is silent.

Gaara smiles.

"... what?" Sakura finally asks. "What about the tenth question?"

"Oh, yes. Of course. The tenth question is, 'Do you want to pass this test?'" Ibiki says, deadpan.

Temari looks pissed. "So the other nine questions were completely pointless?!"

Kankuro sighs. Gaara bites his lip to suppress his laughter.

Ibiki explains the real point of the test to the room at large, with his favourite visual aid, of course. Most of the people you know personally don't look surprised, though Ami is very obviously relieved at the revelation of the final question.

Menka's catching your eye. What would you like to do now?

[X] Drop your two henge dramatically. "Oh, Ibiki-san, put those scars away. Don't you know if you use the same pickup line every time women'll get bored with you?"

[X] Drop your two henge discreetly and retake your seat next to Gaara.

[X] Keep your henge up until it's time to leave, then release it and blend quickly into the crowd.

We are known as a prodigy but similarly to Gaara people from other villages probably do not know the extent, range and exact nature of our skills. Lets try to be subtle for as long as possible in order to keep it that way.

[X] Keep your henge up until it's time to leave, then release it and blend quickly into the crowd.

Edie Brickell and the New Bohemians, Circle. Think I'm one away from replacing my Z-Slash.

Hmmm....audacious, or discreet? Decisions, decisions.

There are benefits to dropping the Henge. People will think Henge is our tool and be more surprised by masks. Of course, we paint a target on us and the Kiri nin already suspects that it could be us or the Oto girl. Dropping the disguise will probably make him favor us, if he hasn't figured we're a plant for sure.

Ibiki's making a pretty good distraction right now too.

Not sure....

>[X] "Oh, Ibiki-san, put those scars away. Don't you know if you use the same pickup line every time women'll get bored with you?"

I wonder if showing off the scars does work as a pickup line in Konoha. Ninja Village, and all.

Hell, we could just stick with it for awhile, couldn't we? Who knows what people might drop around an assistant proctor. If it bugs Ibiki, he'll say so.

[X] Don't drop your henge. "Oh, Ibiki-san, put those scars away. Don't you know if you use the same pickup line every time women'll get bored with you?"
-->[X] Keep your henge up until it's time to leave, then release it and blend quickly into the crowd.

Cannot resist. This is too good a taunt to pass up, period.

Vin is right; too delicious a taunt not to use.

[X] Don't drop your henge. "Oh, Ibiki-san, put those scars away. Don't you know if you use the same pickup line every time women'll get bored with you?"
--[X] Keep your henge up until it's time to leave, then release it and blend quickly into the crowd.

Several reasons
-It allows you to mark those who notice as dangerous.
-Ibiki specifically went out of his way to get you to conceal your ability; no need to give away freebies.
-And you might manage to avoid getting targeted by Mist in revenge.

And lol!Gaara; he seems to be having fun.

Hmm. Furiko didn't add a write-in option, and even if she intended to then her three 'canon' choices do not include us staying undercover.

I'm....seriously considering the dramatic drop. First, Furiko favors bold and audacious so even if it does become more difficult she promises greater prizes.

Second, if we act like it's not worth hiding we are gonna seriously screw with that Mist-nin. As in, "Wait, I did what? What are you talking about?" Why would we show ourselves if we were responsible for the sabotage?

Course, it is painting a target on us. That said? People will keep an eye out for someone henged for infiltration. Not our masks. Us imitating voices....depends on whether our proctor spoke.

And showing off, of course.

There's also if we're discreet, we clearly have something to hide. And are we really going to be so discreet that nobody will notice us returning to our seats and the other proctor suddenly vanishing? Or, best case, becoming a bunshin or illusion or Henged object?

Torn and unsure.

EDIT:

Ahhh, screw it.

[X] Drop your two henge dramatically. "Oh, Ibiki-san, put those scars away. Don't you know if you use the same pickup line every time women'll get bored with you?"

Because some people in here look like they'll appreciate a good joke. Like Gaara. He has a sense of humor here! Getting further on his good side, and possibly even get him in on our mindfucking with Mist and Sound, could be entertaining.

And if you're gonna taunt, go whole hog. Don't act like we've got something to hide.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Hmm. Furiko didn't add a write-in option, and even if she intended to then her three 'canon' choices do not include us staying undercover.
I'm....seriously considering the dramatic drop. First, Furiko favors bold and audacious so even if it does become more difficult she promises greater prizes.
Hence the Vindictus option I'm voting for.
Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Course, it is painting a target on us. That said? People will keep an eye out for someone henged for infiltration. Not our masks. Us imitating voices....depends on whether our proctor spoke.
And showing off, of course.
And suggests to others that Menka is more than he seems.
Given the trouble we've gone to keep that Contract quiet, revealing his henge here defeats the whole purpose.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
There's also if we're discreet, we clearly have something to hide. And are we really going to be so discreet that nobody will notice us returning to our seats and the other proctor suddenly vanishing? Or, best case, becoming a bunshin or illusion or Henged object?
Torn and unsure.
The Blend option suggests we wait until everyone is leaving before merging into the crowd.
Kankuro's puppet did the very same thing in canon, and probably will here.

uju32 said:
Hence the Vindictus option I'm voting for.

Yeah, I think being coy and having a proctor supposedly subordinate to Ibiki outright insult the man makes it pretty painfully obvious we aren't what we seem. If Ibiki doesn't outright call us out on this, people will remember us and probably keep an eye on us. We're the odd man/woman out of all the proctors now. A smooth rejoinder seems unlikely.

So, I ultimately decided to go whole hog and reveal the whole thing. Fuck with people, amuse Gaara with a pretty good joke and reveal, et cetera. Even if it gets harder there's a better payout.

And suggests to others that Menka is more than he seems.
Given the trouble we've gone to keep that Contract quiet, revealing his henge here defeats the whole purpose.

We didn't summon Menka, he just hangs around us. Same as he would if we hadn't signed the contract, and same as Akamaru hangs around Kiba. I'm not too worried on that score.

The Blend option suggests we wait until everyone is leaving before merging into the crowd.
Kankuro's puppet did the very same thing in canon, and probably will here.

Kankuro's puppet didn't call attention to itself by ripping on Ibiki, and Ibiki called Kankuro out for his doll play anyway.

Ask yourself: if we insult Ibiki, what will he do in response?

My guess is, "Not let sleeping dogs lie." Because goddamn, getting called out by your own proctor? He either rolls with the joke, best case, or he fires right back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back