• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Cosmos Quest (Naruto/Lupin III)

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Problem.
We are a foot away from him, and have sword in hand.
He doesn't.
Word of GM is that we get first strike before he draws his sword, but that he will have sword in hand in a second.
We're unlikely to get far enough away before turns.

uju32 said:
Problem.
We are a foot away from him, and have sword in hand.
He doesn't.
Word of GM is that we get first strike before he draws his sword, but that he will have sword in hand in a second.
We're unlikely to get far enough away before turns.

That would be why I had us throwing down explosive tags, which would hopefully slow HIM down, maybe even keep him from grabbing his sword, and buying us breathing room.

And I'm really not keen on getting an update saying, "Wow, are you really so stupid as to make the same mistake twice in a row?"

I don't like giving up first strike. But as I'm also sporting the bite wounds on my ass from the last time we went melee I'm not keen on that either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude's eyes are going pink. But eh I'll bite.

[X] Plan Hymn.

Also I hope that Ami's face doesn't pick up any scars. Burn's suck.

I'm not sure if my plan is best, I'd like confirmation we CAN nail him with explosive tags as we back up or otherwise occupy him, but I thought he was in trouble when he fell to his knees and I was wrong then. I'm not gonna take another risk with Suigetsu immobilizing us again just long enough to disembowel us or fry our face.

At very LEAST I want to see his bulging muscles deflate. Even then it might be a trick by Suigetsu as a last resort and sign of weakness, but I'm not fucking around anymore. Explosive tags, wires, bomb the fucker. I'm pretty sure Furiko will not tell us if Suigetsu is truly unable to use his bloodline anymore and that's probably the only thing that would convince me short of Suigetsu getting straight up burn scars, and then it's a moot point.

And Ami's probably going to have very, very peely skin at best. But yeah hopefully no scars or permanent damage.

EDIT: Although I'm not sure whether we should be asking for his surrender if he's really game to keep fighting...but eh, guess it looks good for Leaf shinobi that we're not entirely bloodthirsty? I don't wanna kill the guy, but I also don't want to lose and I want to end this as fast as possible.

If someone's got some better ideas, I'm all ears. Seriously, let's brainstorm. I'm not keen on getting close to Suigetsu under these circumstances. His fingers were evaporating. Good.

Unless that definitively means he cannot pull these tricks on us and that he was not faking weakness, I am worried. Maybe I'm seeing danger where there was none, but we ate a no-save water blob to the head.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
I'm not sure if my plan is best, I'd like confirmation we CAN nail him with explosive tags as we back up or otherwise occupy him, but I thought he was in trouble when he fell to his knees and I was wrong then. I'm not gonna take another risk with Suigetsu immobilizing us again just long enough to disembowel us or fry our face.
You can nail him with explosive tags as you back up. He may be able to avoid one or two, but at this point it'll only take one to really do damage.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
At very LEAST I want to see his bulging muscles deflate.
They certainly aren't what they once were, but they're still in play.

So I'd like to ask, do you guys want me to count a Zantetsuken used up for the chop-his-arm-to-get-free option? 'Cause different things happen depending on whether or not I do.

FurikoMaru said:
You can nail him with explosive tags as you back up. He may be able to avoid one or two, but at this point it'll only take one to really do damage.

EXCELLENT.

They certainly aren't what they once were, but they're still in play.

So he's got some use out of the bloodline. Were the flickering fingers him trying to recapture us and failing? Cause if that's the case, can't think of a reason to fake that. Not a good one. Still, wary.

But if hurling our supply of tags at him is an option, hell, why not? Seems the safest, most expedient option.

So I'd like to ask, do you guys want me to count a Zantetsuken used up for the chop-his-arm-to-get-free option? 'Cause different things happen depending on whether or not I do.

I thought it was a given that one was, since I vowed to use one for any plan that needed it. Can we assume that a Z-Slash being used leads to better results than one not used?

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
So he's got some use out of the bloodline. Were the flickering fingers him trying to recapture us and failing?
The flickering fingers were him trying to hydrafy externally at all and failing.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
I thought it was a given that one was, since I vowed to use one for any plan that needed it. Can we assume that a Z-Slash being used leads to better results than one not used?
Depends what your priorities are. Neither result is truly terrible.

FurikoMaru said:
The flickering fingers were him trying to hydrafy externally at all and failing.

Huh. Well if that's conclusive, "Can't insta-drown us," then boxing him in with melee has potential. Still kind of like just bombing him with tags though. Hmm....

Depends what your priorities are. Neither result is truly terrible.

Guessing it has to do with how our actions are perceived or whether Suigetsu goes, "Damn she's good," or, "I fucking hate that bitch."

*reads the latest exchanges*
I'm torn, I really am.
Terrified of making the wrong decision and having a pissed off 13 year old break the 4th wall to introduce me to her lightsaber.
Or of making her the kind of enemy that comes back to haunt you years later.
Odd; I was never this anxious about Ino.....

I think I'm going to go off for a bit and clear my head.

Actually, a question. Are we nearing the point where we may be doing serious, permanent damage to Suigetsu? As in, "One explosive tag is all you need to do damage, and by damage I mean Suigetsu is now missing one arm and a foot and he's not regening it." Or, "You just burned Suigetsu to death, and gruesomely."

Cause if we might, well, maybe we should go melee. It's the option that seems the most humane in comparison. Kind of.

EDIT: And if that Z-Slash decides how much damage and scarring Ami took or her physical condition, then I definitely want to spend it. So I guess put down my Z-Slash like intended in the hopes that it fixes some fallout?

Furiko's Omake Theatre~!

[X] No we didn't light it, but we tried to fight it

Enough! No matter how much pain your pride is in, your life has to come first.

Your left hand, still holding your sword, slams down wildly once-

-crack!-

"AUGH!"

- twice, ohthankallthegodsyoucanbreathe -

-whumpcrackboingvlipvlip!-

- three ti- wait, did you hit his foot the first time?

You look up.

Suigetsu is rolling on the floor, cursing fluently, a frankly vomitous bruise rising on one of his feet near the ankle, his arms and body bound up in some kind of white cloth wrap that tightens every time he moves. An empty spring-loaded launcher of some kind bobs behind him.

48c38abc-d81e-11df-8228-a8bfc396a36f.jpg

"... how many traps did she set up?!" you hear Ino ask.

"Five," Hyuuga Neji replies. "You didn't give her enough time to get the walls of spikes set up, thank god."

... I won?

For the first time, victory tastes bitter in your mouth.

No thanks to me.

"Winner-Kuwabara-Ami-someone-put-the-fucking-fires-out!"

"Suidan no Jutsu," Zabuza says, as though almost bored, and the bonfire on the ceiling you were so proud of is snuffed out like a candle.

"Hey, girl," he calls down to you. "If you can pull that sword out of the wall it's yours."

"What?!" Suigetsu rasps. "But, Zabuza-sempai-!"

Immediately, you plant a foot on the wall and pull on the hilt of Suigetsu's sword with all your might.

"We had a deal, brat. The hamster is officially dead, you're busted back down to goldfish as of this moment. Haku, cut him loose."

An array of senbon slice the bindings off your erstwhile opponent just as you manage to wrench the blade out of the wall.

MOEYOMIZU GET

"This isn't over!" Suigetsu tells you with a jabbing finger.

You think of what would have happened if you'd dropped your sword when the water hit you, or if you'd struck the floor instead of Suigetsu's foot, or if it had been you next to the trap Tenten set.

"You're right," you say, looking him dead in the eye as you swing your new sword over your shoulder (motherfucker this thing weighs a ton!). "It isn't."

"One day, I'll be back to cut that fire right out of your hands," he says with a determined smirk.

"And one day, I'm going to leave a scar on that watery body of yours." You set your jaw. "Remember it."

~owari~

Damn iiiiit!

That is a fantastic Ino-face, though. Naruto has better production values than I remembered.

think we can get our sword up in his face before he draws his from the wall?

we could try and force a surrender immediately, but he might respond by trying to take OUR arm off, like we did with his.

also, I assume that "pin him to the wall" means "impale him" which may or may not kill him, considering he can't do his water bullshit at the moment.

also, is Zabuza going to kill his hamster?

wut?

*headdesk*

Mother fucker. Yep, you had something damn interesting for surrender with a Z-Slash. I never even considered something like that and how it could still lead to our victory. Not satisfying to Ami, but....

Guess I shoulda had faith.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Actually, a question. Are we nearing the point where we may be doing serious, permanent damage to Suigetsu? As in, "One explosive tag is all you need to do damage, and by damage I mean Suigetsu is now missing one arm and a foot and he's not regening it." Or, "You just burned Suigetsu to death, and gruesomely."
Ah, I was wondering when you'd notice that. Yeah, you don't have different settings on your exploding tags; Suigetsu's looking at a maiming.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
EDIT: And if that Z-Slash decides how much damage and scarring Ami took or her physical condition, then I definitely want to spend it. So I guess put down my Z-Slash like intended in the hopes that it fixes some fallout?
Okay, then. Farewell, special Sasuke event. You will be missed.

So did we win? Or was it an just an omake? Also I hope her scars aren't to bad.

FurikoMaru said:
Ah, I was wondering when you'd notice that. Yeah, you don't have different settings on your exploding tags; Suigetsu's looking at a maiming.

Fuuuuuuuuck. Even if he did recover.....

Well. Without explosive tags to buy us time to retreat, melee is once again looking better. Even if it worries me so much. And now after that omake I don't think people will want to break the blade either....

Okay, then. Farewell, special Sasuke event. You will be missed.

*headdesk*

Why? Why do you keep playing with my heart Furiko? Goddamn it. I am filled with regret already.

I swear this entire detour into Hard Mode has been you getting your troll on. ._.

Vote change. back to this it is.

[X] Right, where were we? Oh yeah, pin him to the fucking wall and don't let him up until he either concedes or the ref calls it.

Jut to confirm, but Suigetsu not being able to hydrafy externally...does that mean he can't turn into water to reduce or avoid damage? If so then he can't even trap our sword in his body, not that I think he'd WANT to, but it would be a strategy. Like turn to liquid and let our sword embed itself in stone so he has a clear shot at us.

....And now I am worried again. Goddamn bloodline. What a pain in the ass to fight against. If he could still pull that turn to liquid trick he has some last fuck-you in him if he moves fast and can take more of a beating.

Well played Furiko.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Well. Without explosive tags to buy us time to retreat, melee is once again looking better. Even if it worries me so much.
Maybe slightly more defensive melee than the just-short-of-a-berserker-rush that the previous attempt came off as? We could try herding him away from his sword. With the ceiling on fire he doesn't really need our sword's help to die, so we might be able to get away with using it exclusively as a threat.

Sword trapping is unlikely to be a problem. I'm sure that at this point he's very thoroughly aware that we can set our sword on fire. He has little choice but to treat our sword the way a normal partially-solid person does.
iamnuff said:
also, is Zabuza going to kill his hamster?

wut?
It's a metaphor about how the complexity of a pet a child is allowed to have depends on how responsible that child can be. Zabuza's saying that Suigetsu's going to be working with a worse sword until he shows that he can be trusted to handle a nicer one properly.

FurikoMaru said:
Furiko's Omake Theatre~!
[X] No we didn't light it, but we tried to fight it
Billy Joel - We Didn't Start The Fire.
*reads the remaining omake*
I believe the honorable GM is having way too much fun torturing us.

QUESTION
As far as we know, can internal hydrafication allow Suigetsu to weaponize his limbs?
Blades or what not?
Because while I don't wanna maim the guy, I don't want him to maim us.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Jut to confirm, but Suigetsu not being able to hydrafy externally...does that mean he can't turn into water to reduce or avoid damage?
Turn to water outright for trapping? No. Make his body capable of taking a greater beating? Yes, for now.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
....And now I am worried again. Goddamn bloodline. What a pain in the ass to fight against. If he could still pull that turn to liquid trick he has some last fuck-you in him if he moves fast and can take more of a beating.

Well played Furiko.
All of this could have been avoided if you'd just chosen not to be Ami. Being Ami is Araki-ing.

Of course we could while moving bag show off some tags and then ask him to surrender as he should know his own situation after all. Because even if he turns to water that will stop him and he wants to live to see another fight after all.

Torgamous said:
Maybe slightly more defensive melee than the just-short-of-a-berserker-rush that the previous attempt came off as? We could try herding him away from his sword. With the ceiling on fire he doesn't really need our sword's help to die, so we might be able to get away with using it exclusively as a threat.

That was a solid plan before we got submerged in boiling water. Now I'm not sure if Ami's not on a time limit of her own and she just isn't aware of how badly she's hurt.

But yeah, we could try to use tags to just slow Suigetsu down.

It's a metaphor about how the complexity of a pet a child is allowed to have depends on how responsible that child can be. Zabuza's saying that Suigetsu's going to be working with a worse sword until he shows that he can be trusted to handle a nicer one properly.

Huh, I hadn't gotten it but that makes a lot of sense. Thanks.

FurikoMaru said:
Turn to water outright for trapping? No. Make his body capable of taking a greater beating? Yes, for now.

Gotcha.

All of this could have been avoided if you'd just chosen not to be Ami. Being Ami is Araki-ing.

If Ami woulda won without us....hoo boy.

...Is it too late to retract that Z-Slash? Or were you just fucking with me? Because these days I have to watch your wording very closely and that little dig of yours could be interpreted several ways.

Friggin' mind games. They suck when I'm the victim of them. :p

I think its kind of funny Hymn. Your just so confident most of the time.

nightblade said:
I think its kind of funny Hymn. Your just so confident most of the time.

Most of the time I think I'm on the ball. Although admittedly I have a history of not reacting well to my plans or key assumptions being sporked.

But hey if it amuses you, have a laugh. Might as well get everything good out of this situation we can.

Through I would keep the Z slash in. Its helpful regardless.

Through I wonder what Zabuza thinks of Ami now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back