• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Cosmos Quest (Naruto/Lupin III)

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Then I must be misremembering the tidbit I heard. I'm just recalling something about a McDonald's court case where apparently the details were over-inflated. This or that story about some person who ate nothing but McDonald's for a month?
Nope.
I included a link to the wiki article; the lady spilled 80-some degree Celsius coffee on her genitals and upper thighs, requiring skin grafts.
Nothing at all frivolous about this.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
I am cognizant of how that much heat would be harmful, even pointed it our myself in a roundabout fashion. Maybe I undersold scalds and their potential to be bad. IIRC their main danger is that as a liquid it's hard to remove from a person and therefore sits in easier, but generally speaking they are not at these kinds of temperatures and they'll heal up fine like everything else. All types of burnscan scar, but the human body is pretty damned good at fixing itself up.
Uh, no actually.
Scalds are terribad because they contain more thermal energy per degree Celsius than air or.
Especially when you're talking about a liquid with dissolved solutes, like a liquefied human body.

Wiki specific heat capacity; you'll find that pure water has 4x the heat capacity of air by mass, and like 4000x times by volume.
And other liquids are worse.
When you take that much energy and put it in direct contact with human skin, very bad things happen.
The fact that Ami is not dead or crippled is blatant proof(as if we didn't already know) that ninja are superhuman.
Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Although in these unique circumstances Ami can take a lot of heat, and the arena is so hot the liquids are evaporating, and while more heat in the long run isn't gonna be good for us in the short term it may help Ami out.
Quick fact:
Steam at 100 degrees Celsius causes worse burns than water at 100 degrees Celsius, given equivalent mass and volume.
That's because in addition to the specific heat capacity of water, steam also contains the heat of vaporization ie the energy required to cause the water to change state from liquid to gas.
Don't get it twisted.

Last edited by a moderator:
So Sasuke digs chicks with scars, huh?

Well too bad, because I'm seeing some serious Foe-Yay potential right here.

[X] "That's funny, I was going to say something like that- But with less killing, and more burning. Possibly some screaming."

... That came out a bit more psychotic than I intended it.

FurikoMaru said:
The most brilliantly red rose has many thorns,
If the thorn's wound was not deep, it was not fate to wound deeply.

FurikoMaru said:
You lunge, you slam, you hold your sword to his neck, and you're just about to demand his surrender when the referee calls "Winner, Kuwabara Ami. Now someone put out the damn ceiling!"
Phew.
Y'know you've been put through the wringer when your reaction to a win against a formidable opponent is relief.

FurikoMaru said:
In that moment, in the dark, you suddenly become very aware of the fact that your arm is pressed against the chest of a heavily-panting boy.
When the lights come back, you release your hold immediately and sheathe your sword. Suigetsu slides down the wall and lets out a long sigh. You notice that one of his filed teeth is slightly crooked, poking out of his mouth like a tiny fang.
Focus, woman, focus!
:eek: :eek:
Suigetsu?!
:)) :)) :))
I wonder what Ino can feel in Ami's chakra....

Come to think of it, given Hydrafication, the only reason his teeth are that way is because he wants them that way.
So when he's pulling an infiltration, his teeth would look normal.
FurikoMaru said:
"Seriously, do we need like an embassy or something in Konoha...?"
"Gaara, for the last time, you are not moving here."
Lol Gaara.
He must be a trial to Temari.

FurikoMaru said:
A bottle of water is thrown over from the balcony. Suigetsu catches it, desperately unscrews the lid and chugs the contents, throwing back his head. His eyes close and his brow unfurrows in relief.
When the bottle is empty, he lowers it, wipes his mouth with his wrist and says, "You're a complete lunatic, you know that?"
Who threw the water: Haku?
Or Kaguya?
I'm betting Haku.

FurikoMaru said:
"There's no point in fighting if you aren't fighting to win," you answer bluntly.
He can say anything he wants to you, you've heard it all before; 'bully', 'gorilla girl', 'cruel enslaver of our Sasuke-kun', 'uncute', 'crazy bitch', 'wannabe-homemaker from hell', 'who does she think she's wearing makeup for?' - and that's just your classmates.
Suigetsu just laughs, and coughs. He closes his eyes and lets his head hang. "Can't argue with that."
Ah, the respect of a reliable enemy.
It gives a certain....validation that you don't get from your friends.
Even if his hair is much glossier than yours.

FurikoMaru said:
The lucky son of a bitch gets to wave off the medics with some line about village secrets while they're still shining bright lights in your eyes and asking you to list the Hokage in backwards chronological order and telling the one newbie who keeps demanding to know how you're still alive to shut up.
Pulling the Kubik-isn't-bocho out of the wall with a mighty heave, the Kiri-nin stumbles off to the stairs.
"Thanks for the fight, Ami," he says over his shoulder with a toothy grin. "I look forward to killing you soon."
Is that how Mist-nin say they would like to see you again?
Or is it just the swaggering boys?

And I note no comment from Zabuza; I presume Suigetsu's loss here, while disappointing, was not embarassing.
FurikoMaru said:
-----
Scald scars are both nasty and clear proof that Ami isn't some normal girl playing at being a shinobi so she can marry the Head of the Uchiha and settle down into near-civilianhood. Sasuke seriously respects determination and strength. And that's in canon, where he wasn't specifically told Itachi might come back and kill everyone important to him.
Plus, Ami was totally gonna look like a purple-haired ninja version of Balalaika from Black Lagoon.
Goodbye, instant Sasuke flag.
I am okay with this.
It might be me being sensitive, but it felt too much of a power imbalance.
And it's entirely possible to spin scars as being Ino's equivalent of a criminal record; you only get them if you're not quite good enough to get away clean.
Besides, I've had experience of scald injuries; not at all fun.

As is, no permanent injury to her or Suigetsu, the guy goes home with his sword, she goes home with his respect (and the awe of the crowd).
Satisfactory from my point of view.
And it's not as if Sas won't hear the story, or see her in the finals.

So who wants to pick up Ranton during the month inbetween? I seem to remember Furiko saying that Asuma would teach us how to use Ranton using our fan.

We'll wait and see our options when it becomes relevant we still have a few matches to watch and probably a bunch more options before we get to a possible month in between matches.

I'm interested in it yes but if it takes too much training slots away from other things we need it'll probably get sidelined for more important things. It all depends on who our opponent will be.

You know I was thinking of a way for Ami to somehow get a suit or gear that lets her pull a Human Torch.

Then I remembered Bayonetta's hair suit. For anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about....well, unless Furiko wants me to try I'm not bothering because there is no fucking way I can use words to do that thing justice. It's ludicrous. In fact Bayonetta beats Dante in over-the-top antics, and she beats him bad, and it is mostly because of that suit and the magic she uses it and her hair for.

Normally I'm not a fan of straight up ripping stuff from other media for coolness. If I were I'd be trying to steal Rihaku's Sheer Heat idea, not an aspect of Bayonetta. Because Ami probably is not gonna be able to do more than just some parts of it, but if he ended up growing out her hair or working out ways to grow/reattach hair together like Jiraiya's (super-secrect shinobi princess move GET!) and then use that hair as a conduit to light herself up, tie people down, or otherwise set shit on fire?

It could be pretty damned badass. And I'd feel slightly better because instead of yoinking Bayonetta's admittedly awesome shtick Ami would just be pushing Jiraiya's trick in a new direction.

FurikoMaru said:
"Thanks for the fight, Ami," he says over his shoulder with a toothy grin. "I look forward to killing you soon."

[X] ?

I kinda want Ami to yell at Ino, "Hey Ino, science project tomorrow, let's work on something new!" Just as a counter dig to Suigetsu and his I hate science sentiment. But I also think the jounin would collectively shout, "No way in hell!" Or at least Kurenai would and she might coerce Asuma into something. So, better to ask forgiveness than permission, as usual....

Kinda want some commentary on Ami thinking she understands how Sasuke feels a little better now that she has her own semi-stalker, but Ami isn't that aware of her actions. People tell her what they think but she just sorta goes in denial.

-----
Scald scars are both nasty and clear proof that Ami isn't some normal girl playing at being a shinobi so she can marry the Head of the Uchiha and settle down into near-civilianhood. Sasuke seriously respects determination and strength. And that's in canon, where he wasn't specifically told Itachi might come back and kill everyone important to him.

Plus, Ami was totally gonna look like a purple-haired ninja version of Balalaika from Black Lagoon.

Goodbye, instant Sasuke flag.

Alas. I assume we can still show Sasuke the fight with genjutsu, but without the scars he doesn't realize how bad it was. Or scars are a turn on for him.

Or the scars were good for shutting up public opinion that Ami isn't a real shinobi.

Although I would maintain that if she were scarred like that her eyes really should not have held up as well as they did. Or her nose gets melted and twisted, and if the water could melt her skin there are a lot more vulnerable points than her cheek and other smooth spots.

uju32 said:
Uh, no actually.
Scalds are terribad because they contain more thermal energy per degree Celsius than air or.
Especially when you're talking about a liquid with dissolved solutes, like a liquefied human body.

Wiki specific heat capacity; you'll find that pure water has 4x the heat capacity of air by mass, and like 4000x times by volume.
And other liquids are worse.
When you take that much energy and put it in direct contact with human skin, very bad things happen.
The fact that Ami is not dead or crippled is blatant proof(as if we didn't already know) that ninja are superhuman.

Quick fact:
Steam at 100 degrees Celsius causes worse burns than water at 100 degrees Celsius, given equivalent mass and volume.
That's because in addition to the specific heat capacity of water, steam also contains the heat of vaporization ie the energy required to cause the water to change state from liquid to gas.
Don't get it twisted.

I actually thought this through and considered how steam, despite having more energy, is also a vapor and therefore more diffuse. Greater energy versus more sustained contact with hot water.

Then I remembered that with steam even with all the particles bouncing around you'll just end up switching contact with roughly just as energetic particles and that once the steam burns enough energy to condense back into a liquid it's gonna go right back on your skin. So yeah, okay, I'll just concede this point.

uju32 said:

*raises eyebrow*

uju32 said:
Maybe not.
But honestly?
It's enough of a running gag that I feel she could use a triumph that's all her; no team, no friends, just her.

Unclouded said:
We'll wait and see our options when it becomes relevant we still have a few matches to watch and probably a bunch more options before we get to a possible month in between matches.

I'm interested in it yes but if it takes too much training slots away from other things we need it'll probably get sidelined for more important things. It all depends on who our opponent will be.

I'm tempted to skip it just because the bloodline makes me grumble, but Furiko is going out of her way to point out how we should really be taking it so we should probably listen.

Even if I will be going out of my way to find paths to victory that do not require it and are just as good/better.

Definitely getting Throne though. Goemon to tutor Ami and give us help and swoon over, Fujiko cause Lupin's got a point about us needing a female perspective, and then Jigen (yay guns!) and mental static for a fully tricked out Throne.

And poisons so we can finally live up to the name Poisonous Blossom.

And Shintenshin cause we need to do it to get to other stuff. Probably.

FurikoMaru said:

My brain went to the Princess Bride.

"Goodnight Wesley. Sleep well. I'll most likely kill you in the morning."

[X] "Sorry, I can't go out with you, while you are a looker my heart belongs to someone else." insert Cheeky, Ino inspired grin here.

He can say anything he wants to you, you've heard it all before; 'bully', 'gorilla girl', 'cruel enslaver of our Sasuke-kun', 'uncute', 'crazy bitch', 'wannabe-homemaker from hell', 'who does she think she's wearing makeup for?' - and that's just your classmates.

Wait, were those Ranma 1/2 references to Akane? Some of 'em at least.

You know Back when Furiko told us what the sand siblings band name was it was redgraves. Didn't Dante call himself redgrave or something?

Don't remember the band being named that but Tony Redgrave was engraved on Ebony and Ivory. I think what you're remembering is the first DMC novel. And yes, that is what he was calling himself.

Also, uju, might wanna confirm whether or not your Z-Slash got burned on this outcome. Just to be sure.

Also, I got a response for Suigetsu.

[X] "I'll be waiting warmly."

Tempted to have her light something up. What she lights up, not as important. But this seems like a good straightforward sentiment to express at this point.

Man I wish we had or could grab more perfume from someone, just so we could spritz some on. Yes, caring about perfume or appearance, not as shinobi like. We just used perfume to set a guy and his sword on fire. I think we've earned the right to wear whatever we damn well please at this point. :p

iamnuff said:
that said, I do recall something about recounting the story of how he lost to everyone he ever meets for the rest of his life?
"This is my student Taketori. She can pull out your spine and beat you to death with it."

:eek: "... don't you mean her spine?"

8) "I know what I said. Oh, and that's Suigetsu. He's the Houzuki who lost to a Katon user."

:D "Really? That story's true? I thought that was part of a viral ad campaign." *goes off to friends* "Hey, guys! It's the burning water dude!"

:( "What, everyone knows now?"

"Meh. In the end I decided it was just faster to upload the video of the fight to Facelessbook. Apparently it's become a hit meme in Ame."

"How did it get declassified so fast?!"

"I showed Mei first. She laughed her ass off and said everyone should see it."

"... yeah, I guess I can't disagree. It was a pretty awesome fight."

-DOOSH!-

"Ow! What was that for?"

"Do not be the man who gets a crush on women who defeat him. That man is a dead man."

"Is this the part where you tell me you're a zombie?"

"No, it's the part where every day for the rest of the month you and Haku are going to wake up in fog and compete to see who can theoretically murderize who the fastest."

;D "No more infiltration training?"

"Fuck no. We got what we came for."

"YES!"

uju32 said:
:eek: :eek:
Suigetsu?!
:)) :)) :))
I wonder what Ino can feel in Ami's chakra....
._.; "So you're into breathplay. Did not really want to know that."
>: < "I am not! What's breathplay?"
.______.;

uju32 said:
:-[ "... oh god! Is he the dashing rogue that threatens the princess' relationship with the prince in the sequel?! Oh god!"

uju32 said:
Is that how Mist-nin say they would like to see you again?
Or is it just the swaggering boys?
Swaggering prettyboys are one of their main exports. Suigetsu better enjoy the bloodshed while he can, he's almost old enough to be conscripted into one of Mist's state-sponsored boy bands for two tours as the Dangerous One.

uju32 said:
And I note no comment from Zabuza; I presume Suigetsu's loss here, while disappointing, was not embarrassing.
He didn't lose to an Acme contraption in this version. They've got to think about the future of their brand, here.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
I'm tempted to skip it just because the bloodline makes me grumble, but Furiko is going out of her way to point out how we should really be taking it so we should probably listen.
You'll be even scarier if you train in it but don't dip into it until after you've already made chuunin, I'd imagine. Talk about unpleasant surprises.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Wait, were those Ranma 1/2 references to Akane? Some of 'em at least.
The uncute one was. The others are just generic Shit Anime Teens Say about strong girls.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Also, uju, might wanna confirm whether or not your Z-Slash got burned on this outcome. Just to be sure.
It did. That's why the ending was so abrupt.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
And I'd feel slightly better because instead of yoinking Bayonetta's admittedly awesome shtick Ami would just be pushing Jiraiya's trick in a new direction.
Hari Jizo would be an interesting technique for her to adapt as both shield and offensive weapon.
Given that she already is quite proficient with wire, it's even a logical progression.
And if she ever figures out how to use Hien on it.....

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
I kinda want Ami to yell at Ino, "Hey Ino, science project tomorrow, let's work on something new!" Just as a counter dig to Suigetsu and his I hate science sentiment. But I also think the jounin would collectively shout, "No way in hell!" Or at least Kurenai would and she might coerce Asuma into something. So, better to ask forgiveness than permission, as usual....
Hee.
What it would accomplish would be to shift blame(and attention) to Ino.
Again.
>:D
Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Kinda want some commentary on Ami thinking she understands how Sasuke feels a little better now that she has her own semi-stalker, but Ami isn't that aware of her actions. People tell her what they think but she just sorta goes in denial.
To be fair, Suigetsu has shown none of those tendencies.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Or the scars were good for shutting up public opinion that Ami isn't a real shinobi.
I don't think there IS public opinion of that sort; certainly if there was, this match would shut them up.
I just happen to think Ami is more insecure than she seems from the outside;teenager, and teen girl at that.
And while she may not be as self-aware as Ino, don't tell me she hasn't wondered if she would have been successful if she hadn't been quasi-adopted by a bunch of clan heirs.
Which is why I insist this is good for her.
Ino's self-possession is not the norm even among her peers.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
There's always the suspicion that your friends will soften things for you, and praise you more than you deserve.
They are your friends after all.
But an enemy? Won't be giving compliments lightly.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Even if I will be going out of my way to find paths to victory that do not require it and are just as good/better.
Definitely getting Throne though. Goemon to tutor Ami and give us help and swoon over, Fujiko cause Lupin's got a point about us needing a female perspective, and then Jigen (yay guns!) and mental static for a fully tricked out Throne.
And poisons so we can finally live up to the name Poisonous Blossom.
And Shintenshin cause we need to do it to get to other stuff. Probably.
My wishlist is as follows:
[X]Ranton definitely; I want it, and our chakra scroll makes it feasible to power actual ninjutsu techniques without running out of gas.
[X]*Shintenshin, just because.
[X]Poisons, because we should get something from our mother.
[X]*Tessenjutsu or taijutsu, because our deficiency there was exposed by Tenten to the other competitors, and we probably need to shore that up.
[X]Throne: Fujiko or Zenigata.
[X]And either genjutsu or fuuinjutsu.
Genjutsu gives the option of sound techniques or original genjutsu, while fuuinjutsu is an endless toybox. Depending on who our opponent is, we might drop Shintenshin to grab them both.
And koto playing would help with maternal relations and any Takozono we meet.
Perhaps even improved sensing, given how our chakra sensing works.

*The ones we might do without in a pinch.
Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Don't remember the band being named that but Tony Redgrave was engraved on Ebony and Ivory. I think what you're remembering is the first DMC novel. And yes, that is what he was calling himself.
The Sand band is named the Redgraves.
And I'm assuming that Z-slash was expended; that's why I put it up.

I still have 2 Z-slashes.

FurikoMaru said:
"This is my student Taketori. She can pull out your spine and beat you to death with it."

XD

Figures.

The uncute one was. The others are just generic Shit Anime Teens Say about strong girls.

Thought so, although I wasn't sure about Gorilla girl. Still, 1 and 1/3.

It did. That's why the ending was so abrupt.

Just makin' sure.

uju32 said:
Hari Jizo would be an interesting technique for her to adapt as both shield and offensive weapon.
Given that she already is quite proficient with wire, it's even a logical progression.
And if she ever figures out how to use Hien on it.....

Ami could indeed make it a force to be reckoned with. And in the process she'd probably figure out how to become essentially fireproof, at least from herself.

If that's unique to her or her own invention, that is desirable indeed to a clan of infamous Katon users.

To be fair, Suigetsu has shown none of those tendencies.

Eh, Mist ninja, how would he disprove it?

There's always the suspicion that your friends will soften things for you, and praise you more than you deserve.
They are your friends after all.
But an enemy? Won't be giving compliments lightly.

Yes they would. This is the Whispering Mist who specializes in infiltration, buttering you up and taking advantage of perceived statements from a rival/enemy sounds right up their ally. They do cross-dressing as a matter of procedure, I'm sure they have classes devoted to the many ways you can manipulate people friendly and hostile alike.

I'm assuming these people are very familiar with 'Tropes' are an exploiting every single one to their maximum advantage. Especially in light of Furiko's maybe-maybe-not-trolling comments about how their genin are like boy bands. I have little doubt that they target their audience as ruthlessly and efficiently as needed.

My wishlist is as follows:
[X]Ranton definitely; I want it, and our chakra scroll makes it feasible to power actual ninjutsu techniques without running out of gas.
[X]*Shintenshin, just because.
[X]Poisons, because we should get something from our mother.
[X]*Tessenjutsu or taijutsu, because our deficiency there was exposed by Tenten to the other competitors, and we probably need to shore that up.
[X]Throne: Fujiko or Zenigata.
[X]And either genjutsu or fuuinjutsu.
Genjutsu gives the option of sound techniques or original genjutsu, while fuuinjutsu is an endless toybox. Depending on who our opponent is, we might drop Shintenshin to grab them both.
And koto playing would help with maternal relations and any Takozono we meet.
Perhaps even improved sensing, given how our chakra sensing works.

Tessen and taijutsu, learning from Lupin would take two slots to reach chunin level. Honestly, melee isn't really worth it when we can get more decisive haxx elsewhere. Be nice though.

Throne, last time we got two for one slot, so I want to max that shit out. If Zenigata is an interceptor type and Lupin is Lupin I'll bet ever other friend also brings something super special to the table, if for no other reason than Authoress wants her favs to be awesome. Count on it.

Custom genjutsu would be nice, but we haven't been seeing great stuff for fuinjutsu yet. It'd be nice to keep improving to be sure, they'll pay off sooner or later, but immediately, eh.

Koto would be nice, not as set on it. Sensing almost certainly isn't improving though, I think we maxed it out. The details in sensing apparently need to be done young and we passed puberty, and extended our sensing is described as potentially dangerous to us now so no thanks.

Our range should increase as we get older. Canon Ino's did after all. But yeah I differently want to work on ranton.

[X] "I'll be waiting warmly."

FurikoMaru said:
Interesting.
Scoping out the newbies? Or something else?
Gaara's pistol perhaps?

FurikoMaru said:
"YES!"
._.; "So you're into breathplay. Did not really want to know that."
>: < "I am not! What's breathplay?"
.______.;
*googles breathplay*
Huh.
Isn't that the shit that killed David Carradine when he did it solo?

FurikoMaru said:
:-[ "... oh god! Is he the dashing rogue that threatens the princess' relationship with the prince in the sequel?! Oh god!"
Swaggering prettyboys are one of their main exports. Suigetsu better enjoy the bloodshed while he can, he's almost old enough to be conscripted into one of Mist's state-sponsored boy bands for two tours as the Dangerous One.
He didn't lose to an Acme contraption in this version. They've got to think about the future of their brand, here.
:D :D :D
Never change Furiko.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Ami could indeed make it a force to be reckoned with. And in the process she'd probably figure out how to become essentially fireproof, at least from herself.
If that's unique to her or her own invention, that is desirable indeed to a clan of infamous Katon users.
Agreed.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Eh, Mist ninja, how would he disprove it?
Point.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Yes they would. *snip*
You don't rely on your enemy for information, that's foolish.
But if your enemies pay you an unexpected compliment, on top of what your friends do, it's an outside check.
It's a psychological boost, not informational.
It's not like I'm worried about intelligence with someone in Henge no Ino's circle of friends.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Tessen and taijutsu, learning from Lupin would take two slots to reach chunin level. Honestly, melee isn't really worth it when we can get more decisive haxx elsewhere. Be nice though.
Key words there are learning from Lupin, which we don't have to.
Asuma is the weapons expert here after all.
And while Lupin can teach one style, others can teach others.
Certainly, if we get the opportunity to learn Gentle Fist, I'll be very tempted, depending on how many slots it requires.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Throne, last time we got two for one slot, so I want to max that shit out. If Zenigata is an interceptor type and Lupin is Lupin I'll bet ever other friend also brings something super special to the table, if for no other reason than Authoress wants her favs to be awesome. Count on it.
We'll see when we get the choice.
I voted for Throne last time after all.
I'd rather Furiko over Goemon though; Ami doesn't need Goemon yet while she's still learning from Menka and Tsumujikaze.
And we could use adult female supervision.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Custom genjutsu would be nice, but we haven't been seeing great stuff for fuinjutsu yet. It'd be nice to keep improving to be sure, they'll pay off sooner or later, but immediately, eh.
Fuuinjutsu?
The ability to defuse Kuyo's explosives before she sets them off would be nice.
And we have word of God that fuinjutsu users can turn attacks/jutsu on their wielders.
Plus the option to preload jutsu into scrolls and take them into the arena with us.
Or plain status effect fuuinjutsu, like the paralysis seal Danzo used on Sasuke.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Koto would be nice, not as set on it. Sensing almost certainly isn't improving though, I think we maxed it out. The details in sensing apparently need to be done young and we passed puberty, and extended our sensing is described as potentially dangerous to us now so no thanks.
We'll see; canon!Ino's range seems to have improved with age.
And we know senjutsu improves range, as well as making sensors out of non-sensors.

Koto-playing would be one way to sidestep having to break out the entire toybox against Gaara if we run into him.
And if our public debut is in such a public arena, it would be almost guaranteed to get us an invitation from the Takazono, assuming Mother's tutor is still alive.

On the sensing issue, look at our character sheet:

Sensor – You've inherited the family sensing abilities. Your range is limited to about fifty feet away from you on all sides, barring chakra sources you'd have to be blind to miss, like the Kyuubi. You are capable of analysing the chakra levels and intentions re: yourself of everyone within your range. You have reached the point at which extending your range further will be dangerous, as sensitive as your personal reception is (see below). It can still be done, but not without causing potentially crippling damage.

I didn't pull what I said from nothing. This straight up says we won't be increasing our sensing range, or at very least that we don't want to and I expect that means we'll have to explicitly vote for it to make it happen. I certainly won't be choosing any options that could increase it, and if koto playing qualifies I will happily do without.

Respond to other stuff later.

Well that's odd. Canon Ino wasn't much of a sensor when she was Lupino's age. Heck Lupino is a lot better than she was. Isn't her sensing really good now in the manga?

You can't make your range extend. That is, you're at the point where training on that front isn't going to do any good. You have to wait for it to expand naturally.

You know how Inoichi gets about potentially stressful development too early.

FurikoMaru said:
You can't make your range extend. That is, you're at the point where training on that front isn't going to do any good. You have to wait for it to expand naturally.

That's what I said. That it will increase as we grow older.

FurikoMaru said:
That's what I thought.
Thank you for the clarification.

Also guys can we not go for getto Jyuuken. I don't want some of the Hyuga after us. Cause their going to be pissed if we manage to full replicate it. Which we can do to the fact we can hear tenketsu.

uju32 said:
Koto-playing would be one way to sidestep having to break out the entire toybox against Gaara if we run into him.
And if our public debut is in such a public arena, it would be almost guaranteed to get us an invitation from the Takazono, assuming Mother's tutor is still alive.
The invitation would depend on exactly what we do with the koto. They might not be impressed if we do for the koto what Apocalyptica did for the cello, and if we don't do that then it may be difficult to have a proper music battle with a guitarist.
FurikoMaru said:
You'll be even scarier if you train in it but don't dip into it until after you've already made chuunin, I'd imagine. Talk about unpleasant surprises.
New life goal for Ino: to have a Bingo Book entry that reads like the Spanish Inquisition sketch.

uju32 said:
You don't rely on your enemy for information, that's foolish.
But if your enemies pay you an unexpected compliment, on top of what your friends do, it's an outside check.
It's a psychological boost, not informational.
It's not like I'm worried about intelligence with someone in Henge no Ino's circle of friends.

No, what I mean is that Mist nin are the type to use that kind of validation against you. Someone pays you a compliment. If you accept it as sincere, you're probably gonna look more favorably on the person as well.

It's also the basis behind the whole curmudgeon that never has anything nice to say, so when they say something nice they must really mean it!

Unless that's what they want you to think, or they're using that reaction for their own gains later on. Which Mist strikes me as the type to do.

Key words there are learning from Lupin, which we don't have to.
Asuma is the weapons expert here after all.

I rather doubt he's a tessen expert though.

And while Lupin can teach one style, others can teach others.

Pretty sure he'd know more than one, but besides the point.

We'll see when we get the choice.
I voted for Throne last time after all.
I'd rather Furiko over Goemon though; Ami doesn't need Goemon yet while she's still learning from Menka and Tsumujikaze.
And we could use adult female supervision.

We got two for one on a Throne choice last time and Lupin gives more options/latitude. Pretty sure we can get both, plus Jigen and mental static if we take it again. Well worth it if we expect to be coming up against Itachi sooner or later. Which we do.

Fuuinjutsu?
The ability to defuse Kuyo's explosives before she sets them off would be nice.

If she uses tags or seals. Given who Deidara is that's questionable. Although cutting the explosions short is the kind of thing that would piss Deidara off, which is something to keep in mind.

And we have word of God that fuinjutsu users can turn attacks/jutsu on their wielders.
Plus the option to preload jutsu into scrolls and take them into the arena with us.
Or plain status effect fuuinjutsu, like the paralysis seal Danzo used on Sasuke.

And we'll see what we can get. Trust me, I'd be up for it, victory by fuinjutsu is far more satisfying than by Ranton.

It would be which is why I'd keep it in mind. We'll see.

FurikoMaru said:

Oh? I figured it was one of the limitations to having such sensitive sensing and why rolling too high earlier would put us in a coma. Extremely aware of details, but a large range gives you an overload and you have to adapt. I just figured we'd have to suffer side-effects for what's essentially brain damage and overreaching. And since brain plasticity takes big drops as you get older, like entering and leaving puberty, I figured we were pretty much done. Well, at least we will be getting more range.

Hymn Furiko told us that Asuma would teach us how to use ranton from the tessen.

nightblade said:
Hymn Furiko told us that Asuma would teach us how to use ranton from the tessen.

I'm aware Asuma is helping us with Ranton once he figures out our affinity is water and wind instead of water and lightning, I kinda doubt he's an expert in tessen usage though. His experience is probably more a help than not but I still expect us to mostly have to puzzle this out ourselves.

I seem to remember mention of him teaching us how to do what Ami does.

nightblade said:
Also guys can we not go for getto Jyuuken. I don't want some of the Hyuga after us. Cause their going to be pissed if we manage to full replicate it. Which we can do to the fact we can hear tenketsu.
Most Gentle Fist techniques are freely taught.
As long as we don't go displaying ghetto Jyuuken to people, we'll be fine, assuming we learn it.
After all, it's not like anyone besides Dad and the cats know we can hear tenketsu.

Torgamous said:
The invitation would depend on exactly what we do with the koto. They might not be impressed if we do for the koto what Apocalyptica did for the cello, and if we don't do that then it may be difficult to have a proper music battle with a guitarist.
Remember, Mother was taught by a master, and she taught us classically.
So we can certainly play classical.
And it becomes even more impressive if we start out classical and go avant-garde.

As for keeping up with a guitarist, you need to look up the history of the classical guitar.
They didn't start out electric.
Torgamous said:
New life goal for Ino: to have a Bingo Book entry that reads like the Spanish Inquisition sketch.
Heh.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
No, what I mean is that Mist nin are the type to use that kind of validation against you.*snip*
Any enemy would.
Just something else to watch out for.
And while Mist may be more likely to pull that on you , they are still human

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
I rather doubt he's a tessen expert though.
He's not a sword expert either, but he teaches Ami in conjunction with Menka.
I suspect he can carry the tune.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Pretty sure he'd know more than one, but besides the point.
Superior to a dedicated chakra-using style?
I have my doubts.
We'd have to learn the style, and then adapt it to chakra use.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
If she uses tags or seals. Given who Deidara is that's questionable. Although cutting the explosions short is the kind of thing that would piss Deidara off, which is something to keep in mind.
Your point about her not using tags/seals is well taken.
Though given she's from Sound, there's a good chance she doesn't have Explosive Release.

As for pissing off Deidara, remember what we told him about seeing the look on their faces?
It's in character with what he knows, and if we follow it with our own.....

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
And we'll see what we can get. Trust me, I'd be up for it, victory by fuinjutsu is far more satisfying than by Ranton.
I find both prospects equally satisfying myself.
And it's more thematically appropriate to fry some people anyway.
At worst we can store the technique in a seal.
Along with others.

FurikoMaru said:
Hey boss, I have two questions.
QUESTION
1)Did it seem to Ino that Gaara caught on to Kibi's genjutsu early on? Or did he miss it like Temari did?
2)Seeing as Mei seems to be Mizukage, is Kisame a missing-nin in this AU?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back