• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Cosmos Quest (Naruto/Lupin III)

FurikoMaru said:
Some people say you have to be a Senju to have it, but that makes no sense, because Tsunade-hime doesn't have it and the Amekage's right-hand man does.
Huh.
I wonder what happened in the Ame Civil War.
Did Danzo try meddling and fail, or suffer an attack of common sense and stay out of the civil war with a Rinnegan user on one side and an S-class monster on the other?

Or did Jiraiya, or someone else, exercise stricter oversight over his shenanigans? Something had to have pushed Jiraiya into an Intelligence career.
Is the old coot even still around?
So many intriguing questions about this AU's backstory.

Thank God Ino likes stories; we might actually get answers.
nightblade said:
An Uzumaki can take a Senju's place considering how closely related they are. Of course you would have to be kind of insane to want to take a sharingan and stick it in them to find out if it would work. Then again there's always gene splicing and gene therapy. Giving an Uchiha some senju or uzumaki genes could work. Or plain old Eugenics.
Genetics don't work that way.
Really.

uju32 said:
Genetics don't work that way.
Really.
Kiba: THANK YOU! See, this guy gets it!

Ino: Kiba, we live in a world where rigorous physical activity gives you the power to breathe fire at people.

Kiba: So?

FurikoMaru said:
Kiba: THANK YOU! See, this guy gets it!

Ino: Kiba, we live in a world where rigorous physical activity gives you the power to breathe fire at people.

Kiba: So?

To be fair, Ino is one of the few people who would see something wrong with that. I'd say only, but other reincarnations exist and they might remember enough to think that's odd.

Not too likely though.

Also, it occurs to me if Ami hanging around Ino is justification for how badass Ami is, imagine how broken Sasuke would be at this point. And imagine how Sasuke would have reacted to Sorato!

Ahhh, Sasuke, for once your dickish tendencies and inclination for disproportionate retribution would have been completely justified and exuberantly welcomed. You have missed your calling, and it is because of Ami.

Last edited by a moderator:
Couldn't we had gotten both. Ami and Sasuke. Or am I remembering wrong? Also Uju have you not seen Danzo's arm?

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
To be fair, Ino is one of the few people who would see something wrong with that. I'd say only, but other reincarnations exist and they might remember enough to think that's odd.
A lot of them come from worlds weirder than this one. I mean, did you notice the Edajima School's chef/home ec teacher's name?

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Also, it occurs to me if Ami hanging around Ino is justification for how badass Ami is, imagine how broken Sasuke would be at this point.
You forget, Sasuke won't fight Ino until the genjutsu is off her. Still, yeah, he's already a little bit better off than his canon self in the stamina department just by having to keep up with Ino while they were running around being kids together.

There're the psych benefits too, but... well... it's debatable whether Asshole Snarky Quarterback!Sasuke is an improvement over Neurotic Brother-Complex!Sasuke.

FurikoMaru said:
A lot of them come from worlds weirder than this one. I mean, did you notice the Edajima School's chef/home ec teecher's name?

Nope. I remember Suhaka mentioning the head of the school being able to teleport Sorato's arms off but didn't notice anything about the names.

You forget, Sasuke won't fight Ino until the genjutsu is off her. Still, yeah, he's already a little bit better off than his canon self in the stamina department just by having to keep up with Ino while they were running around being kids together.

Point. Shame about that, Sasuke is in the Glass Cannon/Lightning Bruiser territory and honing his speed on Ino would make him monstrous very quickly. Forget needing a month off with Kakashi to train his speed....

There're the psych benefits too, but... well... it's debatable whether Asshole Snarky Quarterback!Sasuke is an improvement over Neurotic Brother-Complex!Sasuke.

Also point.

[X] If you don't like my fire, then don't come around

You are Yamanaka Ino, and you are currently watching a staredown between a tall girl with red, peeling skin and a straight-backed boy as pale and cool as a snowbank.

"I believe you owe me an apology."

("Ooh, check it out, catfight brewin'.")

("That's a guy, Gaara.")

("For real?")

Neji looks up at her balefully. "For what? Advising you against facing an opponent you almost died fighting? If we had been in a civilian building you could have killed us all."

("Holy crap you were right! Where'd the other one go? There was a chick, too, wasn't there?")

("She's over there with the spiky-haired kid. Bastard didn't even wake up when the room was on fire, can you believe that?")

Ami glares. "I won, didn't I? I beat the big bad Mist-nin you were so frightened of."

"You fight like a genin," he replies coldly. "You should drop out of the exams right now if this is the extent of your skill. Someone who spares no thought for the greater situation is completely unfit for promotion."

"You smug-!"

"Neji!" Gai says, a little too jovially. "The medics inform me that Lee has just awoken! Shall we visit our youthful teammates?"

Neji nods at him, not giving Ami a second glance. "Good. Let's go, then."

Your lanky teammate seethes.

"Nara Shikamaru vs Kankuro!"

[X] Go visit the infirmary too! You can check up on Kiba and the whole bullet issue, and get a chance to pester chat with Tenten.
-> [X] Warn Shika about Kankuro apparently being a gunman?

[X] Shit, no way, you have to be here for Shika-chan's fight! And warn him about Kankuro being a gunman!

[X] Shit, no way, Ami needs to hear someone congratulate her and Shikamaru needs to know Kankuro can shoot him.

[X] Write-in?

I suppose Ami will have to show some improvement in judgement for the rest of the exam if she wants a promotion, won't she? Barbarian berserker brat that she is.

Now, what to choose....

Bah. Tactics are a tool for people with insufficient dakka.

[X] Shit, no way, Ami needs to hear someone congratulate her and Shikamaru needs to know Kankuro can shoot him.

Based on Kankuro's reaction to Gaara shooting Kiba, I don't think him shooting Shikamaru is particularly likely. Plus, Gaara's ability to produce a superior model on the fly should've made him at least a little suspicious that Sand has advanced gun tech. Might be worth confirming if diplomatic costs aren't expected to be that high, but unlikely to be vital.

I'm suddenly imagining Shika whipping out his shadow but, instead of manipulating Kankuro, somehow instead pulling the trigger or otherwise detonating the payloads in Kankuro's puppet.

Or using the guns in Karasu to shoot Kankuro. That'd be pretty damned entertaining.

"Nara Shikamaru vs Kankuro!"

Wait what. Shikamaru's not fighting a girl? That's all he did in Part 1.

Anyway of the opinion that Shikamaru would be smart enough to realize if Garaa's familiar with guns the rest of the Sand might be using them to some extent too. Also you conversation with the sand siblings seems to make it sound like they want to keep the fact that they're using guns quiet. Or at least Temari does.

[X] "Okay I'm gonna go check on Kiba. Don't go too wild on him Shika-chan, I know you have issues with that. Abayo!"

heh, I wonder if this will make him forfeit.

[X] "Okay I'm gonna go check on Kiba. Don't go too wild on him Shika-chan, I know you have issues with that. Abayo!"

FurikoMaru said:
[X] If you don't like my fire, then don't come around
Ben Harper- Burn One Down

FurikoMaru said:
You are Yamanaka Ino, and you are currently watching a staredown between a tall girl with red, peeling skin and a straight-backed boy as pale and cool as a snowbank.
Fire and Ice, eh?
Nice imagery.

FurikoMaru said:
"I believe you owe me an apology."
The third Google result for this phrase is the lyrics for The Game's Change Your Life.
I bring this up because the following lines were:
Next day she like "You owe me an apology"
I'm like "What for?"
She like "Why you unfollow me?"
Since we bringing up old shit
Last time you gave me head, bitch why you ain't swallowing?

For some reason I find that inordinately funny.

Anyway, Nine Inch Nails-Terrible Lie has something close.
Also Donnie Brasco(1997).
FurikoMaru said:
("Ooh, check it out, catfight brewin'.")
("That's a guy, Gaara.")
("For real?")
I swear, Gaara does this just to get a rise out of his siblings.

FurikoMaru said:
Neji looks up at her balefully. "For what? Advising you against facing an opponent you almost died fighting? If we had been in a civilian building you could have killed us all."
("Holy crap you were right! Where'd the other one go? There was a chick, too, wasn't there?")
("She's over there with the spiky-haired kid. Bastard didn't even wake up when the room was on fire, can you believe that?")
Ami glares. "I won, didn't I? I beat the big bad Mist-nin you were so frightened of."
"You fight like a genin," he replies coldly. "You should drop out of the exams right now if this is the extent of your skill. Someone who spares no thought for the greater situation is completely unfit for promotion."
"You smug-!"
"Neji!" Gai says, a little too jovially. "The medics inform me that Lee has just awoken! Shall we visit our youthful teammates?"
Neji nods at him, not giving Ami a second glance. "Good. Let's go, then."
Your lanky teammate seethes.
*sigh*
Neither of them are likely to be sent for diplomacy anytime soon, are they?
And they both just gave away the fact that they were briefed by someone, in the presence of competitors.
It's safe to say neither will be making chuunin.

I mean, Ami may have started it, but Neji escalated in ways that you would think he had a blood feud with her.
And all she wanted was a little acknowledgement.
I wonder if the scar would have helped.

This.
She is your teammate after all.
Not that there's a need to tell Shika anything about Kankuro's gunmanship; Shika's smart enough to have considered it after Gaara pulled one, and he already knows Kankuro is a puppet user.

Besides, Sand isn't dumb; the Yamanaka-Akimichi-Nara alliance is well known, and it's entirely possible that Gaara leaked that bit to misdirect Ino.
And Kankuro is sharp enough to play along.
Unconfirmed info is unconfirmed.

Technically, Temari was the first to allude to Kankuro being a gunman too and Furiko has confirmed that she's pretty bad and hiding intel. Also, Gaara's not really the type to do this kind of deception. Just sayin'.

Mmm...I wonder, if we left would Asuma go talk to Ami?

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Technically, Temari was the first to allude to Kankuro being a gunman too
Nope, that was Gaara.
Gaara sticks his hands in his pockets. "Heh. What's the matter? Pissed off 'cause I knocked out the only other gunman in the exams before you got a chance to tangle with 'im?"
Hymn of Ragnarok said:
and Furiko has confirmed that she's pretty bad and hiding intel. Also, Gaara's not really the type to do this kind of deception. Just sayin'.
I am of the opinion that every ninja has a sly,sneaky side itching to pull one over on someone else.
And while Gaara might not bother for himself, he might for a sibling.
Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Mmm...I wonder, if we left would Asuma go talk to Ami?
Probably.
Still, bros first.

uju32 said:
Nope, that was Gaara.

No, it was Temari. I remember because Furiko made a point of pointing it out.

"Hey, sis. I won," Gaara says, giving her a peck on the cheek.

"What do I tell you guys every time we leave Suna?" she asks calmly.

"... try not to shoot people?" Gaara asks, wincing.

I am of the opinion that every ninja has a sly,sneaky side itching to pull one over on someone else.
And while Gaara might not bother for himself, he might for a sibling.

We were open with the Sand Sibs, Furiko said Gaara would push to be open with us in return. I doubt he's doing it here. Especially when Furiko hasn't been doing her trolling maybe-maybe-not gig but acting like the cat's out of the bag.

Probably.
Still, bros first.

*raises eyebrow*

Female PCs.

Chicks before dicks. Also 'The Sisterhood', if you're a disingenuous twatmuffin.

You know....I wonder if Kankuro listens to Temari when she tells him not to shoot people. It's possible that as long as he thinks his secret is in the bag, relatively so, he won't pull the guns.

Alright, no, not really believing it, just considering alternatives. If Shikamaru seized initiative maybe he'd beat Kankuro before Kankuro resorted to firearms? Unlikely, it's Shikamaru.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
You know....I wonder if Kankuro listens to Temari when she tells him not to shoot people. It's possible that as long as he thinks his secret is in the bag, relatively so, he won't pull the guns.

Alright, no, not really believing it, just considering alternatives. If Shikamaru seized initiative maybe he'd beat Kankuro before Kankuro resorted to firearms? Unlikely, it's Shikamaru.

Honestly, I expect Shika to do exactly what he tried to in canon.

"Screw this shit. Let me take a nap..."

Bonus points if this leads Gaara to believe that Shika is just so badass he was completely unmoved by the previous fights. "What, no, it's just a tuesday," sort of thing.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
You know....I wonder if Kankuro listens to Temari when she tells him not to shoot people.
That seems likely, at least when those people are genin.
FurikoMaru said:
"Until five minutes ago I thought you wouldn't shoot a kid," Kankuro says coldly, without even looking at him, "so yeah, you can forgive us for wanting to see what else we were wrong about."

Torgamous said:
That seems likely, at least when those people are genin.

That....is an extremely good point. I wonder if we'd be offending him by warning Shikamaru? Or at least by indelicately phrasing it.

Well I only voted what I voted for cause I wanted to congratulate Ami.

[X] Shit, no way, Ami needs to hear someone congratulate her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back