• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Cosmos Quest (Naruto/Lupin III)

And for the record, I think the most in-character person you had in that snip....was Guile.

Which is actually pretty impressive considering how random his thought processes and little bursts of entertaining insanity are. Congrats.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hymn of Ragnarok said:
And for the record, I think the most in-character person you had in that snip....was Guile.

Which is actually pretty impressive considering how random his thought processes and little bursts of entertaining insanity are. Congrats.
He and I are very alike, I believe, so he's actually the easiest to write. ^_^;

i forgot to look at the names attached to the quotes and ran a google search for Lunar gear liquid. I've always wanted to see two competing quests.

I might do a Suigetsu Quest set in this AU sometime. Or I might do Tsukino Usagi reincarnated as Kaguya Kimimaro. Just to watch some people's heads melt.

FurikoMaru said:
I might do a Suigetsu Quest set in this AU sometime. Or I might do Tsukino Usagi reincarnated as Kaguya Kimimaro. Just to watch some people's heads melt.

Man we'd really like him under different circumstances wouldn't we? Well, while I'd hate to see this Quest end because you started something new and are past the 'planned' portions, but hey, being set in the Whispering Mist sounds entertaining.

Also, the sword wasn't booby-trapped after all? Son of a bitch!

FurikoMaru said:
Perhaps you coul do a different version of this quest. How about making one with Ino as Dante's reincarnation like one of the options when you started was. Any chance of that happening?

Nah suigetsu quest is good enough for me.

Through that omake has me wondering what Hymns reaction would be to Ino doing what she did during first exam.

overmind said:
Perhaps you coul do a different version of this quest. How about making one with Ino as Dante's reincarnation like one of the options when you started was. Any chance of that happening?

That sounds like a lot of reused material. Seems more likely she'd do something new to avoid retreading ground. I know I'd be bored if I had to.

nightblade said:
Nah suigetsu quest is good enough for me.

Through that omake has me wondering what Hymns reaction would be to Ino doing what she did during first exam.

Probably, "Whoa, cool, what an interesting bit of info here now what does this tell us and what can we do with it."

Unless something important was riding on our expectation of Ino or Ino's stunt epically derailed my plans and expectations, in which case I would be cursed up a storm. That wouldn't have happened here.

That would have happened in the first exam, when Ino revealed she just replaced a proctor, nobody on our team had a clue, and the only reason we got a clue was because she felt like showing off. I would have flipped my shit.

Yeah was talking about the whole proctor replacement thing. Well that and the voice throwing thing. But chances are you wouldn't have figured out that was Ino.

Gaara's and kiba's shoot off? The stuff with the perfume?

Whoops thought you meant match with Tenten.

Depends if I figured out Gaara was Dante, that's much more freak worthy than Kiba having a gun. Perfume? Also pretty WTF, but I'd probably be assuaged by it only being perfume. As opposed to napalm.

Anything else in this this quest or is that it?

I can think of one I think. The fact that Ino wasn't caught in the sound kids Genjutsu like everyone else. If that was noticeable. Oh and the fact that lee could use senjutsu.

FurikoMaru said:
His lower lip has a thin split down the middle, and the whites of his eyes have gone pink.
The pink eyes make me think this references a real-world animal of some kind, but the split lower lip steers my mind towards these pretty boys instead.

FurikoMaru said:
Quote from: The Nobody on November 06, 2013, 06:24:43 AM
Is it bad that I would've preferred that option to win? Aggressive girls excite me are kinda cute, in their own way...
And yes, yes they do are. You're going to get to 3k likes very soon.

The Nobody said:
The pink eyes make me think this references a real-world animal of some kind, but the split lower lip steers my mind towards [urlhttp://myanimelist.net/character.php?id=5115]these pretty boys[/url] instead.
Nah, it's just based off what happens to me when I get dehydrated.

Oh, so it isn't a "You have three lips now" split, but a "Deep crack that's gonna be a pain to heal" split. And only now I notice that I missed a symbol in the link tag.

dammit, why does Whispering Mist-Quest sound so fucking awesome?

still, starting that would mean less work on this, which would make us all very sad.

:(

FurikoMaru said:
Stylish Quest might also still be alive, depending on whether Vindictus has crapped out on us again.

'That is not dead which can eternal lie, yet with stranger eons, even death may die.'

Which is to say, it's not dead right now. I've just got very sporaidic computer access and a dozen or so other things to do, in addition to countless plotbunnies gnawing at me.

I'm thinking I'll have to start on that one Syrim fic that's been gnawing at my brain off and on for nearly a year now sometime soon, if just to free up some brainspace for other things.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Figures.

Thought so, although I wasn't sure about Gorilla girl. Still, 1 and 1/3.
At least they didn't do that sing-song-y 'Your thighs are too thick, you're built like a brick~' insult list Ranma does sometimes.

Ami would have to choke a bitch.
FurikoMaru said:
Mist has no missing nin. :)

(By which I mean, outside of his tiny social circle, no one would know for certain if he was actually a free agent.)
I am now imagining that Akatsuki doesn't exist as such, and all the big nation keep their crazy-as-a-shithouse-rat S-rankers.

The Narutoverse just became more engaging.
[quote author=alternate guile]
Wait. This is what she comes up with with three days' notice?

Zabuza: ... hm. I like her. Suigetsu! Get in the kitchen and make me and your new fiancé some sandwiches! Use the good mayo, don't shame this family any more than you already have.
Suigetsu: ;___ ;[/quote]
AU Guile, you magnificent bastard.

[embed=425,349]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJXKVOxqkWM[/embed]

Guile said:
I am now imagining that Akatsuki doesn't exist as such, and all the big nation keep their crazy-as-a-shithouse-rat S-rankers.
Ino: Hey, I remember Akatsuki! Always thought it was cool how a group of childhood friends pulled their country back from the brink and re-established their village stronger than before. Hidden Rain was some of my favourite stuff in history class; it made a nice break from the usual 'the biggest bastard got his way in the end, the end'.

FurikoMaru said:
Ino: Hey, I remember Akatsuki! Always thought it was cool how a group of childhood friends pulled their country back from the brink and re-established their village stronger than before. Hidden Rain was some of my favourite stuff in history class; it made a nice break from the usual 'the biggest bastard got his way in the end, the end'.

Note to self- DO NOT FUCK with Hidden Rain.

Vindictus said:

Note to self- DO NOT FUCK with Hidden Rain.

In a world with all these badasses and budding badasses who's gonna fuck with anyone?

If Kakashi didn't still have his Sharingan I'd be asking if Ino knows who Obito is.

for a moment I was confused about Akatsuki being childhood friends, then I remembered that it was the Rain 3 long before they were a gang of S rank criminals.

FurikoMaru said:
Wait.
The Rinnegan is a thing here?

uju32 said:
Wait.
The Rinnegan is a thing here?
Kiba: *twitches*

Ami: -_- Oh, now you've done it. Word of advice, don't bring up semi-extinct bloodlines in front of Kiba; there's a decent chance some movie producer has thought it sounded cool and stuck it in an action or horror movie involving ninja.

Kiba: A SHARINGAN TRANSPLANTED INTO A SENJU?! WHO DOES THAT? IF YOUR NAME ISN'T OROCHIMARU OR TSUNADE HOW THE FUCK WOULD YOU EVER FIND OUT THAT WORKS?!

Ino: o_O So why do you watch these movies if you hate them so much?

FurikoMaru said:
Kiba: A SHARINGAN TRANSPLANTED INTO A SENJU?! WHO DOES THAT? IF YOUR NAME ISN'T OROCHIMARU OR TSUNADE HOW THE FUCK WOULD YOU EVER FIND OUT THAT WORKS?!

To be fair, Rin apparently managed to pull it off with Kakashi. Or close enough.

FurikoMaru said:
Kiba: *twitches*
Ami: -_- Oh, now you've done it. Word of advice, don't bring up semi-extinct bloodlines in front of Kiba; there's a decent chance some movie producer has thought it sounded cool and stuck it in an action or horror movie involving ninja.
Ino: o_O So why do you watch these movies if you hate them so much?
*raises eyebrow*
ONLY semi-extinct?
Oh dear.

Isn't the Rinnegan actually the Uzumaki bloodline too or something?

Kishimoto kinda dipped into the bad fanfic material by the time I left, so I'm not sure if that's a real thing or if the wiki I found that on was innacurate.

Why did Kiba put Tsunade in the same sentence as Orochimaru? Is she a mad scientist in this AU?

uju32 said:
*raises eyebrow*
ONLY semi-extinct?
Oh dear.
Ino: Yeah, people joke about how being born with a kekkei genkai you didn't inherit from your parents is like winning the lottery, but the odds against someone having a Rinnegan make that a lot more literal. Some people say you have to be a Senju to have it, but that makes no sense, because Tsunade-hime doesn't have it and the Amekage's right-hand man does. The source of the bloodline has to go back further than that, unless the Shodai and Nidai's great-great-grandfather had chicks all over the globe. Which given what they looked like wouldn't entirely surprise me.

Look, I don't believe that old story about the sons of Rikudo Sennin, partly because only an idiot would intentionally give the Sharingan to someone who wanted to enslave the rest of humanity and partly because it really sounds like the kind of thing you say about your enemies to make them look more barbaric than you (which, granted, Uchiha, they didn't exactly need the help). But the wide dispersement of confirmed cases of the Rinnegan (tch, yeah, all, what? Four of them? In the past two hundred years?) means that the first Rinnegan was probably one of The First kekkei genkai ever. And it's incredibly recessive.

Or something, hell, I'm not a medic-nin.

Vindictus said:
Isn't the Rinnegan actually the Uzumaki bloodline too or something?
Ino: o_O ...huh. That... that would explain a lot. Damn it, why do these question and answer sessions have to be out of continuity?! I could really use information like this!

nightblade said:
Why did Kiba put Tsunade in the same sentence as Orochimaru? Is she a mad scientist in this AU?
Kiba: Okay, fine, maybe that Suna lady too... what was her name? It starts with a C, I think. Anyway, yeah, before the Hidden Village system, in the Warring Clan era when most of these flicks are set? Fucking forget anything resembling real medical research.

An Uzumaki can take a Senju's place considering how closely related they are. Of course you would have to be kind of insane to want to take a sharingan and stick it in them to find out if it would work. Then again there's always gene splicing and gene therapy. Giving an Uchiha some senju or uzumaki genes could work. Or plain old Eugenics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back