• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Cosmos Quest (Naruto/Lupin III)

FurikoMaru said:
Hakama and hakamashita.
He's got a point. It gives a really skewed impression of her personality.
Eh, family and circumstance.
He can talk when he starts wearing a fedora and suit again.
:p

uju32 said:
Eh, family and circumstance.
He can talk when he starts wearing a fedora and suit again.
:p
Temari: DON'T ENCOURAGE HIM!

Kankuro: My cute elder sister believes I may negatively affect international relations by dressing like a, quote, 'Water Country stooge' for the duration of the exams. Whereas she has no problem letting Gaara dress like... well, a thirteen-year-old boy with a charge account.

Temari: Gaara is intimidating! Those strange jackets and that floppy hat are not intimidating!

Uju- Given Inoichi knows she has head-guys, and given Ino is a really demonstrative and bombastic girl by nature, I don't really see the danger in any ANBU seeing us give an allied ninja a hug.

What's Gaara wearing anyway? Also I thought Gaara was a year younger than us.

nightblade said:
What's Gaara wearing anyway?
Temari: I made him put on a shirt. Thank your gods for this small mercy. -_- Honestly, what the hell do they see in him? He doesn't have abs, he's twelve!

Guile said:
Uju- Given Inoichi knows she has head-guys, and given Ino is a really demonstrative and bombastic girl by nature, I don't really see the danger in any ANBU seeing us give an allied ninja a hug.
Inoichi knows that.
No one else in Konoha knows.
Not even Mother does.
Do you think he would be accepted as a impartial source if it was considered that his DAUGHTER was compromised?

Do you really want to explain the intricacies of reincarnation and such to the Hokage?
Or whatever alternative interrogators ROOT has tucked away?
Because Inoichi's coworkers would not be acceptable either; conflict of interest.

Bombastic and enthusiastic, yes.
Hugging a guy she first met a week ago, and has only spoken to today?
I don't buy it.

Guile said:
Inoichi's a bit off regarding the precise nature of Ino's head-guys. What he thinks is going on doesn't give Ino an excuse for being familiar with someone she never met.

FurikoMaru said:
Hakama and hakamashita.

He's got a point. It gives a really skewed impression of her personality.

Hmm. You sure? [Begins sketching]

<20 minutes later>
Untitled_True_Color_01.jpg

... Okay, yeah, you're totally right.

FurikoMaru said:
Temari: I made him put on a shirt. Thank your gods for this small mercy. -_- Honestly, what the hell do they see in him? He doesn't have abs, he's twelve!
FurikoMaru said:
Temari: DON'T ENCOURAGE HIM!
Kankuro: My cute elder sister believes I may negatively affect international relations by dressing like a, quote, 'Water Country stooge' for the duration of the exams. Whereas she has no problem letting Gaara dress like... well, a thirteen-year-old boy with a charge account.
Temari: Gaara is intimidating! Those strange jackets and that floppy hat are not intimidating!
I swear I can hear Temari's voice in my head.
And it sounds like Miss Piggy
;D
The travails of a responsible elder sister.....

[X] Hey, if he'd rather talk to Lupin first, that's cool... you guess... :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Torgamous said:
Inoichi's a bit off regarding the precise nature of Ino's head-guys. What he thinks is going on doesn't give Ino an excuse for being familiar with someone she never met.
Sure it does. He thinks the questers think Kankuro is trustable and huggable.

You know fighting style wise we might want to follow minato's example. Dude was all about speed.

nightblade said:
You know fighting style wise we might want to follow minato's example. Dude was all about speed.

Flying Thunder God was less 'Speed' and more 'Warping the fabric of space-time with SCIENCE SEALS!'

Vindictus said:
Flying Thunder God was less 'Speed' and more 'Warping the fabric of space-time with SCIENCE SEALS!'
Guy had crazy reaction speed, reflexs and movement speed out side of it. Hyper awareness too considering that he killed entire platoons in seconds.

At least we don't have to worry about Sand Invasion now. Between Gaara and now Jigen!Kankuro, if the Kazekage or Orochimaru in disguise ordered the attack, Kankuro would fill us in, and before the day is out Gaara will probably be telling his father to go eat a bag of dicks.

Gaara would probably say "Screw you guys, I like this place better." if Suna did attack.

Oddly, this makes me want Invasion Arc even more.

You know with our chakra control being what it is we probably could pick Yin release, Yang release, and Yin-Yang Release easily.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
At least we don't have to worry about Sand Invasion now. Between Gaara and now Jigen!Kankuro, if the Kazekage or Orochimaru in disguise ordered the attack, Kankuro would fill us in, and before the day is out Gaara will probably be telling his father to go eat a bag of dicks.
That's a....dangerous assumption to make.
People change, and blood ties are strong.
Gaante may like us, but do you think he would defy a father he's on good terms with and a village that adores him for our sake?
Even Jigen!Kankuro is iffy; people change after all, and he's been born and lived in Suna for at least fourteen years; nevermind the time he spent alive after we died.

Look at it this way: would Ino betray Konoha for his sake?
If Konoha went to war with Suna over the price of chicken or some such, would she abandon Sasuke and Ami, Kiba and Hinata, Choji and Shikamaru, Inoichi and Mother?
The ties that bind us are strong; make no assumptions about loyalties until proven.

uju32 said:
Look at it this way: would Ino betray Konoha for his sake?
If Konoha went to war with Suna over the price of chicken or some such, would she abandon Sasuke and Ami, Kiba and Hinata, Choji and Shikamaru, Inoichi and Mother?
I don't know. Would you?

FurikoMaru said:
I don't know. Would you?
I wouldn't.
But then, I'm not as familiar with the Lupin source material as I am with the Naruto one.

But the question isn't if I would; question is, would INO?
With the example of Itachi before her, and her indoctrination education?
Barring the rise of Danzo or some other such brand of Hard Man, I don't see this Ino as currently characterized doing so.

With Ino's insane value as an infiltrator, I don't really see Konoha doing anything morally objectionable enough to force a morality check on her.

Putting a girl like Ino on the battlefield is a grievous misuse of her power. Assassin is better, but still less useful than what she can really be if given free reign to do what she does best.

Guile said:
With Ino's insane value as an infiltrator, I don't really see Konoha doing anything morally objectionable enough to force a morality check on her.

Putting a girl like Ino on the battlefield is a grievous misuse of her power. Assassin is better, but still less useful than what she can really be if given free reign to do what she does best.
There's plenty of paths available for us to take on the battle field. Yin-yang release is one. We could follow in minato's foot steps. If we figure out how to fix our chakra problem then we could become a monster on the battle field. Heck we get good enough with elemental Manipulation and manage to get ourselves more affinities we could probably make a bloodline selection like dust release.

nightblade said:
There's plenty of paths available for us to take on the battle field. Yin-yang release is one. We could follow in minato's foot steps. If we figure out how to fix our chakra problem then we could become a monster on the battle field. Heck we get good enough with elemental Manipulation and manage to get ourselves more affinities we could probably make a bloodline selection like dust release.
Oh sure, she CAN kill people.

My point is that if you're having Ino kill people, then she's not stealing forbidden ninjutsu scrolls and super chakra weapons, or weaseling out info from enemy Kage, or whatever.

Guile said:
Oh sure, she CAN kill people.

My point is that if you're having Ino kill people, then she's not stealing forbidden ninjutsu scrolls and super chakra weapons, or weaseling out info from enemy Kage, or whatever.
We can still do that too. Truth be told were probably not going to wind up in to many combat missions against other villages. Most enemies I remember being Nuke Nin. Still focusing on non combat stuff alone is probably a bad idea.

nightblade said:
Here's the thing: why would you want to?

If you want to do that kind of stuff, this is more the quest for it. There it'd be in-character.

FurikoMaru said:
Here's the thing: why would you want to?

If you want to do that kind of stuff, this is more the quest for it. There it'd be in-character.
To not be totally useless against high class opponents. Like Itachi. I would shoot for minato's skill set to be honest. Or yin-yang release. Probably both considering that Yin-yang release can permakill edo tensi zombies.

Guile said:
Depends.
Jiraiya has done everything from spymaster to infiltrator to combat grunt to Big Fucking Gun.
Ino has the skillset to duplicate that same path should she so choose, just with more style.

And I will point out that our very first mission started with a morality check by Asuma, so it's not out of the ordinary.
Nothing retarded is likely though, unless Sarutobi falls down the stairs at the same time Tsunade drowns in sake.
And Danzo somehow manages to survive the retaliatory "accident" by Jiraiya.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back