• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Cosmos Quest (Naruto/Lupin III)

[X] Tilt head to side. "Nah. It'll just make everyone in class decide we're boyfriend and girlfriend, like Shisui-baka did." Begin imitating Sasuke-fangirl voices as best you can: thoroughly embarass him with the notion of how much heat that'd be.
[X] Laugh at his flustered face. "Come-on sourpuss, how about I race you-bet you're too slow~"

Last edited by a moderator:
[X] Tilt head to side. "Nah. It'll just make everyone in class decide we're boyfriend and girlfriend, like Shisui-baka did." Begin imitating Sasuke-fangirl voices as best you can: thoroughly embarass him with the notion of how much heat that'd be.
[X] Laugh at his flustered face. "Come-on sourpuss, how about I race you-bet you're too slow~"

[X] Consider. Well, he's pretty cute, but you're still cuter, so that's okay. Can Shika-chan and Chouji come along?

Bros before lollibros. We already ditched them during classes.

[X] "Sure." Lollypop or no, Sasuke seems like a nice enough kid. Start Friendship as a good ground work for anything later. May break stupid lollipop bias.

[ ] "Nah. It'll just make everyone in class decide we're boyfriend and girlfriend, like Shisui-baka did." Screw dat

[ ] "Sure! Ne, can we hold hands?" Sure, you're too young for boyfriends now. But there's no reason you can't start laying the groundwork for future developments. ;D Might scare him off.

Larekko12 said:
[X] "Sure." Lollypop or no, Sasuke seems like a nice enough kid. Start Friendship as a good ground work for anything later. May break stupid lollipop bias.

Which bias, theirs or yours? :D

Lupin's views on enforcement officers is entirely justified, just ask him!

Guile: Can't we make the race swing us by said bros?

[X] People Will Say We're In Love

"You sure that's a good idea?" you ask, smirking and tilting your head to the side. "We might give our classmates the wrong impression. I can hear that little purple-haired chick now," you add, clasping your hands and pushing feigned heartache into your eyes. "'Sasuke-kun... that's the kind of girl you like?!'" You bite your sleeve and toss a hand to your forehead. "'Noooo~ it can't be true! Promise me you won't see her again!'"

Sasuke makes a sound somewhere between disgust and amusement. "How do you do that?" he asks. "You really sound just like her."

You wink. "Trade secret."

"So... what, you can just mimic everyone?"

"Not grown-up men," you admit. "Not yet, anyway. Everyone else, though, yeah."

"Hn." He looks you up and down. "Teach me."

"Fuck off," you reply good-naturedly, "didn't your mom ever teach you the magic word?"

"Pleeeeeeeeeeease teach me?" he begs, folding almost instantly. Guess his Uchiha instincts haven't fully asserted themselves yet.

"Hmmm~" you hum. "Tell ya what. If you beat me in a footrace to the park with the mountain-shaped slide, I'll see if I can't teach you a trick or two."

He's off like a shot without so much as a "Deal!"

Doesn't do him any good, of course; you overtake him before the end of the block.

"Hi Shika bye Shika hi Chouji bye Chouji!"

"See you tomorrow, Ino!" Chouji calls. Shika just shakes his head.

You're at the park a full minute before Sasuke, who pants and rests his hands on his knees when he comes to a stop next to you.

"How often do you train?" he demands. "You're like a genin already."

"Excuse me! I am nothing like those mouth-breathers, thank you very much!" You stick out your chin, defiant.

Sasuke seems to be thrown by this unflattering view of Academy graduates. "But... aren't we all going to be genin eventually? That's why we go to the Academy and not the civilian school."

You snort. "Maybe for you just being a genin is a goal. My goal is to make me, Shika and Chouji the one genin cell that properly serves the public good. Do you know how many of these kids get paid to tend gardens without knowing how to identify weeds on sight? Or to do grocery shopping, and they just buy whatever brand they're most familiar with, instead of looking for the best deal?" Your voice quickly becomes heated as you rant. "And don't get me started on their babysitting abilities, because frankly if I had to list every time throughout my childhood a genin team tried to keep me from doing something fun just because it was less convenient for them than parking me in front of the tv, we would be here all day. There was one time I built a slide from my bedroom window to the backyard-"

"Oh my god, you're the Poisonous Blossom?!" Sasuke's eyes are wide as dinner plates. "I thought cousin Chihiro made you up to frighten Academy graduates! Hey, is it true the Demon-Cat of Potter's Grove lets you ride him because you made a blood sacrifice to him on Midsummer's Eve?"

"... we were having barbecue and I offered him some," you reply, somewhat nonplussed.

"None of the other kids are going to believe I met you," he says, sounding kind of disappointed all of a sudden.

Inspiration strikes you. "Sure they will!" You pull out a pen.

A moment later, Sasuke is examining your very fancy signature, complete with a maneki-neko doodle, written down the length of his forearm.

"Cool!" he exclaims. "Now I just have to make sure they see it before mom makes me have a bath. Thanks, Ino."

"No problem, Sakkun." You take a look around. "Wait. Weren't you supposed to go home with Shisui?"

Sasuke freezes. "Crap!"

"Hey, don't worry, I know how moms think," you say in a soothing tone. "Just go home now, make sure you get there before him, and tell her he said he wanted to give us time alone on our date. Aw, don't make that face," you add, "it doesn't have to be true, it just has to make Shisui look irresponsible and distract your mom. Which it will totally do, trust me."

"... you must be one of those bad influences nii-san told me about," Sasuke says thoughtfully.

You grin. "Why are you still here? Go, quick, before he tells her you're missing!"

And then you're alone in the park. Whistling, you stroll off down the street to your house.

The Poisonous Blossom, eh? I can live with that. >:3

----------

Over the next few months, aside from Shika and Chouji, you decide to hang out mostly with (pick one):

[X] Kiba

[X] Hinata

[X] Sasuke

... and throw most of your studying efforts into (pick two):

[X] Handseals

[X] Kunoichi Infi-hahahahahano

[X] Taijutsu

[X] Chakra Theory

[X] Beginners' Weaponry

[X] Trap-Making

In your remaining free time, you decide to (pick two):

[X] Get in some extra koto practice and bond with Mom.

[X] Try to invent some offensive tessenjutsu moves and bond with Menka.

[X] Take more naps and bond with [REDACTED]

[X] Work on elemental meditation and bond with:
-> [X] Fire
-> [X] Lightning

[X] Hinata
gotta break that shell.

[X] Chakra Theory
[X] Taijutsu

-> [X] Fire

basics first. then handseals.

[X] Sasuke
Ether this year or the nest the massacore is going to happen. He could use a good friend.

[X] Chakra Theory
[X] Handseals

-> [X] Fire

Your admonition lose merit when you forget that handseals are part of the basics.
[x]Sasuke we get along too well.
[x]Taijutsu
[x]Basic Traps.

[x]Koto Bonding
[x]Fire meditation.

Ya know I gotta ask it's been sorta bugging me for a while, how come we've heard absolutely nothing about naruto?

Does he not exist? orare you working the multiple test got in a higher grade?

Larekko12 said:
Your admonition lose merit when you forget that handseals are part of the basics.

Um, you do realize I just said my plan was to do the two basics first, handseals are for the second term, right? Since we can only pick two and all. They're both basics, but I can only pick one at a time since fighting is a mainstay of the series.

Ya know I gotta ask it's been sorta bugging me for a while, how come we've heard absolutely nothing about naruto?

You're aware that there's a scruffy-looking blond kid in your class. He's really loud, and he isn't very smart. You're not sure what his name is; Hiroto, maybe? Whatever. You're not really that interested in a fellow actor who doesn't know how to share the spotlight.

FurikoMaru said:
You're aware that there's a scruffy-looking blond kid in your class. He's really loud, and he isn't very smart. You're not sure what his name is; Hiroto, maybe? Whatever. You're not really that interested in a fellow actor who doesn't know how to share the spotlight.
I'd believe this would be it... if we didn't have such hax sensing to the point we can hear music of chakra. Doesn't he bleed it like a sieve?

[X] Hinata

[X] Handseals

[X] Trap-Making

-> [X] Fire

considering our chakra hearing: dear god, Naruto probably sound like somebody blasting heavy metal

Oh wow, I missed out. That was a fun read!

I have zero shits to give about Hinata. Kiba was fun for the short time he was around though, and Sasuke was surprisingly enjoyable. Man we get to have fun when we don't have our head up a blond's asshole~

While I really did like Kiba and think he'll be a great friend, I defer to the need to make some in-roads with Sasuke. And who knows, maybe we'll get some tessenjutsu tips out of him in the process. By being invited to the clan compound and seeing them in action, before they're all killed.

Unless Hinata is winning and Kiba is runner-up. Then Kiba, all the way. Sasuke and Kiba were so much more god damn interesting than Miss Wallflower.

[X] Sasuke

[X] Taijutsu
[X] Trap-Making

Reasoning: I'm in no hurry to finish the elemental stuff (although I'm disappointed we can't work on that sensor range), but tessenjutsu is stylish. Trap-making is essentially because a good escape route is one we have already prepared, and taijutsu goes with the Tessen. And dreaming, because dreaming is fun and we get good ideas from it.

I'd say something about smooth jazz, but Lupin doesn't do that

[x] Bouncing jazzzzzz!

[X] Hinata. Might as well corrupt... ah, I mean, might at well make her more confident (and interesting).

[X] Taijutsu
[X] Trap-Making

-> [X] Lightning (Can anyone say "Spoon in the electrical socket?"

Ardion Prosili said:
I'd say something about smooth jazz, but Lupin doesn't do that

[x] Bouncing jazzzzzz!

Whachutalkinbout Ardi?

[embed=425,349]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0lrboSySwE[/embed]

Also, Hymn, ya gotta remember: you have a chance here to make Hinata suck less. And I say that as someone who's always liked her. All those arguments people make about befriending Naruto, only now, about this!

'Sides. You just know Ino's going to be kicking herself come puberty if she doesn't become Hinata's friend now. : D

Why work to make Hinata more interesting when there are interesting people now, and who in my opinion will continue to be more interesting in the future?

It's like ficition has conditioned society to always be nice to pitiful waifs instead of just ignoring them and soaring to fame and success without a second thought.

FurikoMaru said:
Whachutalkinbout Ardi?

[embed=425,349]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0lrboSySwE[/embed]

Also, Hymn, ya gotta remember: you have a chance here to make Hinata suck less. And I say that as someone who's always liked her. All those arguments people make about befriending Naruto, only now, about this!

'Sides. You just know Ino's going to be kicking herself come puberty if she doesn't become Hinata's friend now. : D
the main theme really but ohmygod it so smoooooth

Larekko12 said:
I'd believe this would be it... if we didn't have such hax sensing to the point we can hear music of chakra. Doesn't he bleed it like a sieve?
I'm pretty sure that you're thinking of Ichigo. While I'm posting this, I might as well tell you to go jack off to pictures of Naruto to get it out of your system.

If Naruto really 'bleeds' chakra, I'm pretty sure Hinata would have noticed at some point and made mention of it.

And really, I did say you found him too loud. You just didn't get close enough to understand the full extent of his ear-piercing-ness.

Hinata might suck, but given how we closed our encounter with Hinata, I expect that a vote for her will be a vote for figuring out how to get one over on Hiashi. That should be interesting on its own. Once that's out of the way our passive effect Bad Influence should be enough to render Hinata fun by the time things start happening.

Sasuke's fun to mess with, as is his family. There's also a good chance Sasuke comes with a deadline. If we're not already recognized as something like a friend by the time Itachi does his thing it'll be a lot harder to make any progress with him. We don't know this IC, and OOC there's no assurance that the GM will keep the Massacre at the same time or even have it at all, but it's a consideration.

Kiba's just cool. No known issues and his character's unlikely to change from exposure to us, which means there's probably something else we'll get out of interacting with him. Potential for brokering peace between cats and dogs?

FurikoMaru said:

But....but I don't care if Hinata sucks so much she gets sealed so hard her descendants feel it! >:D

More seriously, I find Sasuke and Kiba more fun now, and more worth the investment of friendship than Hinata. And yes, I say this even taking into account the Byakugan and possibility of cribbing Jyuuken.

I have to say, not choosing Hinata opens up a very interesting and complicated route, down the line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back