• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Cosmos Quest (Naruto/Lupin III)

And yup, it was a trick question. I had wondered, but frankly at this point it's a vicious spiral of, "I I know what you know, but do you know that I know you know that I know?"

So many possibilities and non answers that I'm not sure it was actual feasible for us to figure out. Not decisively, in any case.

Last edited by a moderator:
[X] Tsuru. Crane-brother. What is up with Princess Nab-chan? Did ninja kill her family? Destroy her favorite dango restaraunt? Kick her dog in exchange for cold hard cash?

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
And yup, it was a trick question. I had wondered, but frankly at this point it's a vicious spiral of, "I I know what you know, but do you know that I know you know that I know?"

So many possibilities and non answers that I'm not sure it was actual feasible for us to figure out. Not decisively, in any case.

'Trick question' implies something a little more malicious than what this was. He wasn't trying to one-up a twelve-year-old (how sad would that be?), he was getting a better sense of you as a thinker. Remember, you guys haven't spent a ton of time together yet, so he's almost as curious about you as you are about him. There was a certain amount of gossip about you among the Academy teachers and he wanted to see whether you lived up to the hype.

Also, note, what he said is nothing more than what he wants you to know.

FurikoMaru said:
'Trick question' implies something a little more malicious than what this was.

Eh, I don't consider trick questions malicious. They're just questions that are tricks. Like, 'What was the color of Long John Silver's white stallion?" If you didn't pick up on the answer from examining the question, you fell for the trick. Namely, getting a person to assume a false premise and go down the wrong path. In this case, asking "What is your specialty," when the answer is, "There is no specialty." Implying one exists at all biases the answer some.

Not malicious, as you say. Just tricky. Less one-uping and more testing the student.

Also, note, what he said is nothing more than what he wants you to know.

Good point.

[X] In the front seat with old man Katsuhiro. Maybe if you ask he can fill you in on this civilian taijutsu-freak subculture you've stumbled across?

Listen to the (non-senile) elders.

[X] Up front with Tsuru. Get the goods from him; what the hell is Nabiki's deal?

[X] Up front with Tsuru. Get the goods from him; what the hell is Nabiki's deal?

So I've been having some computer troubles today, meaning I might not be able to post the next update for a while. I'll see what I can do, though.

In the meantime, heads up: the planning I've been doing has officially made this game AU. Y'know, like the Interpol pin, Yamcha's descendant, [UNDISCLOSED] and Ami didn't already tip you off. I wasn't all that familiar with the later parts of the series in the first place, so I hope you don't think less of me if I sort of shove it to one side.

FurikoMaru said:
So I've been having some computer troubles today, meaning I might not be able to post the next update for a while. I'll see what I can do, though.

In the meantime, heads up: the planning I've been doing has officially made this game AU. Y'know, like the Interpol pin, Yamcha's descendent, [UNDISCLOSED] and Ami didn't already tip you off. I wasn't all that familiar with the later parts of the series in the first place, so I hope you don't think less of me if I sort of shove it to one side.
Seeing as I never actually continued onto shippunden barring the first few episodes of it I am OK with this.

FurikoMaru said:

In the meantime, heads up: the planning I've been doing has officially made this game AU. Y'know, like the Interpol pin, Yamcha's descendent, [UNDISCLOSED] and Ami didn't already tip you off. I wasn't all that familiar with the later parts of the series in the first place, so I hope you don't think less of me if I sort of shove it to one side.
Shippuuden was okay - a lot of good characters were introduced.

The actual plot - and the majority of the plot twists - were kinda dumb.

That was the impression I got. There're at least two people I want to include from the Shippuden cast-list, but as it stands I don't have a good excuse to do so. We'll see what I can bullshit up.

FurikoMaru said:
That was the impression I got. There're at least two people I want to include from the Shippuden cast-list, but as it stands I don't have a good excuse to do so. We'll see what I can bullshit up.
26607188.jpg

Timeskip to arrival in Tanzaku Gai?

[1] Yes

[4] No

If no,

[Zilch] Back in the carriage again, you engage Nabiki in conversation.
-> [X] About what?

[3] Up front with Tsuru. Get the goods from him; what the hell is Nabiki's deal?

[1] In the front seat with old man Katsuhiro. Maybe if you ask he can fill you in on this civilian taijutsu-freak subculture you've stumbled across?

Any more interested parties before I close voting?

I'd rather speak to Nabiki, but can't think of much to talk about, so nothing from me.

[X] Highway Chile

"Mornin', Tsuru-kun."

Tsuruhiko flinches almost imperceptibly as you fall into step beside him.

"Good morning, Ino-ojou-sama."

You blink. "Whoa. You're pretty suave, Tsuru-kun." You smack him on the back encouragingly. "As expected of a capital guy!"

"S-suave?" ._.;

"Mm!" you nod, smiling wickedly at his sudden sheepishness. "Callin' a kunoichi ojou-sama like that - very smooth. I heard the stories about decadent courtiers seducing their shinobi bodyguards, of course, but I didn't think they had any basis in fact."

"S-s-s-seduction has nothing to do with it I assure you!" he yells, red-faced.

"I can vouch for that," Katsuhiro grumbles from his perch.

"I apologize for addressing your person so improperly before, Ino-ojou-sama," the young man continues, either ignoring the comment or too worried about making a bad impression on you to notice. "Had I known your identity I would never have presumed to speak of you thus."

Oh, great. You were worried this was going to turn into a thing from the moment you heard you were hired by nobles. "Ami told you I'm a clan heir, didn't she?"

"Your modesty does you credit, ojou-sama," Tsuruhiko says solemnly. "The Yamanaka are well-remembered for their past services to the nation, to be sure, but it was to your illustrious mother I was referring."

[X] Why hello unexpected resource on the Takazono front, fancy meeting you here.

[X] Stay on target, stay on target; Tsuruhiko is an insider on the whole Nabiki thing, but likely not a principal player in the onii-sama/Oshibe-san/weird shit kerfuffle. Stick to what he's likely to have the real goods on.

[X] Why hello unexpected resource on the Takazono front, fancy meeting you here.

the shinyyyyyyyyyyy.

[X] Stay on target, stay on target; Tsuruhiko is an insider on the whole Nabiki thing, but likely not a principal player in the onii-sama/Oshibe-san/weird shit kerfuffle. Stick to what he's likely to have the real goods on.

I see no reason why we couldn't get the first option from any number of people.

Because we apparently never have, Hymn.

YES. Tell us everything.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Never knew to ask about this particular subject either. People may have assumed we already knew.
We got as far as 'Mom got removed from the clan rolls or exiled or something', and that's as far as we ever got.

Guile said:
We got as far as 'Mom got removed from the clan rolls or exiled or something', and that's as far as we ever got.

From her and our father. Not from others.

Have we even asked Asuma about her?

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
From her and our father. Not from others.

Have we even asked Asuma about her?

Why would Asuma know anything?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back