• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Cosmos Quest (Naruto/Lupin III)

Uh. Well, this update was kinda sad.

I suppose that Sorato could be an example of an SB-driven character like we're supposed to be, or a reincarnation (though I can't think of anyone loathsome enough off the top of my head. Maybe Rance.), or simply someone with Protagonist/Antagonist status.

Guile said:
I suppose that Sorato could be an example of an SB-driven character like we're supposed to be, or a reincarnation (though I can't think of anyone loathsome enough off the top of my head. Maybe Rance.), or simply someone with Protagonist/Antagonist status.
It's possible. Like that time in Hollow Quest when they had to fight the incredibly cheap hollow the author expected SB to make.
And really that line about how Ino has the same power she told him he had is suggestive enough I considered it. I still say telling him he could succeed at anything if it was possible was a bad idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
SolipsistSerpent said:
I still say telling him he could succeed at anything if it was possible was a bad idea.
What was she supposed to do, lie to the kid?
Twilight-Good-Life-Mumy_l.jpg

Just a hint. He isn't literally Anthony Freemont.

He is clearly the one spoken of in Prophecy.

Comparing our PC to this guy.

hmmm...

honestly, what he did isn't actually terribly far from what i can see the PC of one of our more explicit NSFW quests doing. (SIN quest, ect)

you think he might be another pc? but he obviously doesn't know about the forth wall, so if he is, then he's JUST the character, not the players.

the teacher just outright broke the forth wall through.

"Honestly, did you take the Partial Deafness flaw to boost your Luck?"

if he's the Player Character, and she knows more than him, does that make her a player? a writer? a GMPC?

Ah. Another person driven by the Will of ROB.

I get the feeling your setting has a lot more of these then Inoichi's reference to his uncle being a Quest Protag implied.

And now back to our regularly-scheduled programming:

[X] In which Hymn quietly begins to sob

"What did you mean before, about Uzumaki Naruto?" you ask Kiba over breakfast. "What does he have to do with traps? He never even came in second place in Trap-Making."

Kiba shrugs. "It's a guy thing."

"He means that Uzumaki-kun has been pulling trap-related pranks on the boys in our class for years," Ami says, pouring your tea. "If you ever wondered what the boy was doing instead of his homework, now you know."

Kiba scowls, and slurps his miso.

"Wait, years?" How long is years? Is this why Shikamaru wouldn't tell you how he got his napping face glued to his arm in your fourth year? Hold on, that's why Akamaru came to class one time covered in glitter?

"How did I not know about this?" you ask, somewhat offended. If you'd known there was a worthy rival around you'd have started a prank war ages ago! "Wait, how is it that you do know about this?"

"Sasuke-kun came to school one day with makeup on without realizing it," Ami replies. "I managed to pull him into the bathroom to take it off before anyone saw. But he said if it was anyone he knew, it was that orange idiot."

"Please tell me you took pictures," you and Kiba say simultaneously.

You blink at Kiba, and try unsuccessfully to suppress a grin. "And the award for Least Heterosexual Thing Ever Said At This Table goes to..."

"Oh, bite me," Kiba says, "don't tell me you wanted them for anything other than blackmail."

"How little you understand women, Kiba-chan! I don't have to want blackmail material to be curious about how my male friends look in makeup."

"If you bring a mascara wand within three feet of me I'm shoving it up your ass," he warns, pointing his chopsticks at you.

=

You're dressed

[X] Formally and lightly armed. It's Nabiki-chan's wedding day! No need to spoil it with a group of scary-looking ninja wandering around, you'll just upset the guests. Time to play to the infiltration side of your talents. The pockets of your formal hakamashita are all conventional, so you can't go formal and fully-armed.

[X] Less formally and fully armed. Less constricting than proper formal wear and safer than going lightly-armed if it turns out your teammates missed any of the invaders last night, but will limit your socialization options.

[X] Informally and fully armed. You aren't going to the wedding, you weren't even formally invited! You're gonna...
-> [X] ... do what, exactly? (Write-in)

There's about an hour before the wedding. To pass the time, you:

[X] Talk to Asuma. "So... your date was into the rough stuff I take it?"

[X] Go buy Nabiki a wedding present (Where and what?)

[X] Find and chat with one of the pleasant acquaintances you made while you were here.

Vindictus said:
Ah. Another person driven by the Will of ROB.

I get the feeling your setting has a lot more of these then Inoichi's reference to his uncle being a Quest Protag implied.
Nah. There's more variety than that. This AU is a mixed salad of reincarnations, Quest Protags, Genre-Savvy folk, walking shout-outs, flat-out crossover-character-insertions, descendants of people who were crossover-character-insertions, and stuff I think is cool.

If you'd pursued the route of the Musician-Ninja, for instance, you'd have discovered that your mother's koto school was founded by a version of Sherlock Holmes.

FurikoMaru said:
Nah. There's more variety than that. This AU is a mixed salad of reincarnations, Quest Protags, Genre-Savvy folk, walking shout-outs, flat-out crossover-character-insertions, descendants of people who were crossover-character-insertions, and stuff I think is cool.

If you'd pursued the route of the Musician-Ninja, for instance, you'd have discovered that your mother's koto school was founded by a version of Sherlock Holmes.

I am curious as to what would have happened if Dante won, and he learned to rock the koto Sherlock-Style.

[X] Formally and lightly armed. It's Nabiki-chan's wedding day! No need to spoil it with a group of scary-looking ninja wandering around, you'll just upset the guests. Time to play to the infiltration side of your talents. The pockets of your formal hakamashita are all conventional, so you can't go formal and fully-armed.
Except this time we're going to hit the suspicious person FIRST, not play the waiting game until they get in a good shot.

I really want to buy Nab-chan a turtle, but I HAVE to know what's going on with:
Remember your safeword, Asuma.

[X] Less formally and fully armed. Less constricting than proper formal wear and safer than going lightly-armed if it turns out your teammates missed any of the invaders last night, but will limit your socialization options.

FurikoMaru said:

My own great regret is that we didn't go this route.

[X] Find and chat with one of the pleasant acquaintances you made while you were here.

[X] Go buy Nabiki a wedding present (A pair of turtles)

Uh, explaining how we happen to have stolen goods is a bit of an issue. If we manage to play it off it could work, but....well, the big fat question is, "How do we have it?"

Also, why are tears streaming down my face? Hinata's not even mentioned here! :p

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Uh, explaining how we happen to have stolen goods is a bit of an issue. If we manage to play it off it could work, but....well, the big fat question is, "How do we have it?"

Also, why are tears streaming down my face? Hinata's not even mentioned here! :p
How do we have it? That's easy. We wanted it, and she was a snotty brat, so we stole it. She's not a snotty brat anymore, so we're giving it back.

What does Hinata have to do with anything, and why would she make you cry?

Selias said:
How do we have it? That's easy. We wanted it, and she was a snotty brat, so we stole it. She's not a snotty brat anymore, so we're giving it back.

Letting people know we were capable of stealing the hairpin off of her before we were even five is not something we want people to know. They'll wonder what else we've gotten up to. And rightfully so, we have a whole pile of stolen, valuable loot.

Yes, we are going to be very blatant about our stealing habits. I just don't think now is the time to go about announcing them when we're just getting started.

What does Hinata have to do with anything, and why would she make you cry?

I don't care for her character, Furiko does, it's one of the things we agree to disagree on. I think this is Furiko having a dig at me with Naruto. I think.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
I don't care for her character, Furiko does, it's one of the things we agree to disagree on. I think this is Furiko having a dig at me with Naruto. I think.
Yep. I just gave Ino a reason to actually give a fuck about Naruto. Undoubtedly this means people who want to buddy up with the jinch will come out of the woodwork and start voting for her to go talk to him any chance they get. Mwahaha.
Selias said:
I'd vote for getting a gift, but I don't know what to get her.
Guile's suggestion of a turtle (or, rather, a pair of turtles) is actually really appropriate, believe it or not. Gifts given in pairs symbolize marital harmony and stability, and the Black Tortoise is a powerful symbol of longevity and unbreakable defences in martial arts; even Seiryu cannot penetrate Genbu's shell.

As for the hairpin, you were wise enough to leave it at home.

Am I the only one who thinks that we should go
[X] fully armed and battle ready
-[X]stand guard outside, like good little ninja? (out of the way, hopefully out of sight, but close enough to watch over/intervene if shit gets real)

we are here for a mission, not to flirt with the socialites.

iamnuff said:
Am I the only one who thinks that we should go
[X] fully armed and battle ready
-[X]stand guard outside, like good little ninja? (out of the way, hopefully out of sight, but close enough to watch over/intervene if shit gets real)

we are here for a mission, not to flirt with the socialites.
Technically your mission's over. The dowry ceased to be your problem when dawn broke and you switched it back out with the costume jewellery. Hisui's grandmother is looking after it now.

FurikoMaru said:
Yep. I just gave Ino a reason to actually give a fuck about Naruto. Undoubtedly this means people who want to buddy up with the jinch will come out of the woodwork and start voting for her to go talk to him any chance they get. Mwahaha.

....Depending on WHEN you present the first opportunity, I may be forced to be in awe of your manipulation of the audience.

Annd.....mmm.

-[X] A pair of turtles.

No idea where to specify we buy them.

-[X] A pair of turtles.

I am secure in the knowledge that we can ask/taunt Asuma about that afterwards on the road back even if we will bite ourself because we where unable to interact with his date again.

-[X] A pair of turtles.

[X] Heroes in a half-shell

Menka manages to talk you out of heading to the markets to get a pair of living animals ("Aw, c'mon! There's good eating on those things!") and into letting him transform so you don't get your best clothes dirty fighting muggers, so after breakfast it's off to the antique district.

The owner of the shop you enter takes one look at your formal attire and the straight-backed middle-aged bodyguard behind you and smells money. Wringing his hands congenially as he comes out from behind the counter, he bows repeatedly and bids you welcome, before shouting up the stairs for his son to come down and mind the register.

After twenty minutes of looking around you settle on a painting of a river, with two turtles as tiny figures on the muddy embankment. It cleans out your savings, but you can't very well steal Nabiki's wedding present; she has to live in this town after you leave, after all.

The shopkeeper wraps it up in white linen, and you and Menka head back to the school.

Ami having just the dress for the occasion isn't much of a surprise, but Kiba's proper kimono certainly is. He looks uncomfortable as only a man with sharp nails wearing silk clothing can.

Your teacher, on the other hand, looks downright debonair.

You whistle. "And me without a camera. Sensei, ya gotta promise me to wear that outfit when you apologize to Kurenai-san; there's no way she won't take you back."

"She didn't dump me!" he retorts, stung. "We aren't even dating."

As one, you, Menka, Ami, Kiba, and Akamaru snort.

"Adults have complicated lives, kids," he says loftily, "and maybe when you're older you'll understand that. In the meantime, mind your own business."

"I've been older than you in cat years since before we met," Menka remarks.

"Opposable-thumb problems and cat problems are completely different!"

=

Now, then, in this vast sea of overpriced chairs that were very important to the bride but which literally no one else cares about, where shall you sit?

[X] With your teammates, duh.

[X] With that cute little red-haired girl!

[X] With Jou and the guys. Can't let him think you're ditchin' 'em just 'cause the mission's over.

[X] Hey, the seat next to Sukaha is empty... worth a shot.

[X] With Jou and the guys. Can't let him think you're ditchin' 'em just 'cause the mission's over.

Chillin wit yo bros~

Cutie!

Uzumaki? I mean, all redheads in Naruto are Uzumaki, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back