• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Dealing with the recent annoyance

Master of Squirrel-fu

The Original
So as a few of you may have noticed Seadart, our own personal troll has taken it upon himself to try and fuck with us yet again. Honestly it's not a major problem as of yet but it can probably and likely will just get worse. Right now it's just a bit of annoyance and some extra work from me and Greyon. We are currently attempting to find a way to put a stop to his shit.

Neither me nor Teh Elgee are perfect, and while I can't speak for LG I myself am a bit new to this whole forum management thing and a few things about the internet that most people know about I'm still a bit ignorant on. So any suggestions or information that could help in this endeavor would be much appreciated.

Seadart was making noises in IRC about how the site attempted to ban Tor, but was unsuccessful. I'm not sure how the current ban is worked, but doing an actual IP ban on all Tor exits should be possible; it might have to dynamically query here. If that's put in place, then a similar IP ban on his own machine should also tell (modulo ISP dynamic IPs, but those aren't as easy to rotate as Tor exits).

There's also the possibility of blocking his temp-email provider, which per his screenshots is guerrillamail.com. That website also says that it forwards from guerillamailblock.com, sharklasers.com, guerrillamail.net, guerillamail.org, guerillamail.biz, spam4.me, grr.la, and guerrillamail.de. If you disallow any E-mail under any of those domains, it should do something.

Also, is this subforum visible to guests?

alethiophile said:
Seadart was making noises in IRC about how the site attempted to ban Tor, but was unsuccessful. I'm not sure how the current ban is worked, but doing an actual IP ban on all Tor exits should be possible; it might have to dynamically query here. If that's put in place, then a similar IP ban on his own machine should also tell (modulo ISP dynamic IPs, but those aren't as easy to rotate as Tor exits).

There's also the possibility of blocking his temp-email provider, which per his screenshots is guerrillamail.com. That website also says that it forwards from guerillamailblock.com, sharklasers.com, guerrillamail.net, guerillamail.org, guerillamail.biz, spam4.me, grr.la, and guerrillamail.de. If you disallow any E-mail under any of those domains, it should do something.

Also, is this subforum visible to guests?

Yes.

And I'm trying to find a way to ban Tor that's not dependent on host names.

I could appreciate if you don't generally ban Tor, as I might have to use it in the close future.

Jiven said:
I could appreciate if you don't generally ban Tor, as I might have to use it in the close future.

Unfortunately, there's no other choice. It's either ban all of Tor's servers, or none.

You can thank Seadart for it.

Jiven: if you don't actually need anonymization, but just a proxy, it's pretty easy to set up your own home computer (if it's on all the time) to act as a proxy such that you can forward a Web session through it like you can Tor. This just makes your traffic appear to come from your home computer, even when you're elsewhere.

It's actually a project with a friend, a experience to give someone total anonymity on the internet.
Tor was a possible solution.

His response?
SPIDERMANLUCK.png

Wait, we have our own personal full-time troll? Cool. We must be moving up in the world. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
You really want to fuck with seadart give the mods and admins on sb the ip and emails he has been using to get on qq. He will then have all the sockpuppets he has on sb banned and probably get a several day ban on sb as well. That's what the mods on SV did to set.

Also how the fuck is he getting past needing admin approval? Is he hacking the site?

nightblade said:
Also how the fuck is he getting past needing admin approval? Is he hacking the site?

Easily. Spam 350 registration requests and have 325 be obvious Seadart expies with the other 25 looking normal.

Just curious, isn't there a method to get the his computer's MAC address and then just ban that?

As far as I know the MAC is hardcoded into the hardware itself, changing it would require buying new hardware.

More like he popped up on IRC to ask for access... but am fairly certain it's not SeaDart... but I could be wrong.

doomlord9 said:
Easily. Spam 350 registration requests and have 325 be obvious Seadart expies with the other 25 looking normal.

Just curious, isn't there a method to get the his computer's MAC address and then just ban that?

As far as I know the MAC is hardcoded into the hardware itself, changing it would require buying new hardware.
Hate to break it to you but if that happened I would ban all of them. Cause that's a really obvious attempt by seadart to get on this forum.

nightblade said:
Hate to break it to you but if that happened I would ban all of them. Cause that's a really obvious attempt by seadart to get on this forum.

That is the most general description of the process. The idea is to flood the mods with invites and keep their attention on the obvious ones so that the ones that look like a normal request slip by. It would involve multiple email providers, lots of proxies, and some real dedication if he doesn't have the knowledge to make a program to automate it.

If he doesn't, his dedication to being a troll is rather impressive. Annoying as all hell and makes me wish I had the knowledge for a counterhack to alter his BIOS settings to make his comp fry itself, but still impressive.

Note that it should be obvious that I have no relevant knowledge in how hacking works or if that's possible to do remotely, I mention it because I fried my own comp in doing so without knowing what I was doing. Luckily it was a fairly cheap one, but I know it can be done on accident so doing it on purpose should be nasty.

Is anyone besides me kind of pissed that Bii let seadart on the forum? I mean look at his email at his latest account and what he posted. Pretty damn obvious it's him.

nightblade said:
Is anyone besides me kind of pissed that Bii let seadart on the forum? I mean look at his email at his latest account and what he posted. Pretty damn obvious it's him.

Enh, if Seadart wants to be an asshole, than that's what he's going to be (and yes, I know, he doesn't like being called an asshole, but his trolling is pretty assholish, so...). I'm not going to advocate Bii, or anyone else, to ban a suspected sockpuppet account, just on 'well, it's obviously him' type shit. When he does something assholish, and he will (or he has, if the post you are talking about is him), then you ban him and you start looking at those other accounts that came in around that time.

Frankly, let SeaDart waste the energy and prove his sockpuppet accounts. He isn't worth wasting our energy over.

the_robot said:

ChandraMagic said:
Enh, if Seadart wants to be an asshole, than that's what he's going to be (and yes, I know, he doesn't like being called an asshole, but his trolling is pretty assholish, so...). I'm not going to advocate Bii, or anyone else, to ban a suspected sockpuppet account, just on 'well, it's obviously him' type shit. When he does something assholish, and he will (or he has, if the post you are talking about is him), then you ban him and you start looking at those other accounts that came in around that time.

Frankly, let SeaDart waste the energy and prove his sockpuppet accounts. He isn't worth wasting our energy over.
Look at this. Look! This is obviously seadart.

Which account is it?

Also, the mods have to be careful about not blanket-denying applications. It's one thing to not be allowed to post, but membership allows read privileges for the NSFW section, by far the most popular part of the site, judging by the recent topics section. A good portion of the members here have 0 posts, and only sign up so they can read the quests here. It's why I joined, at first.

@Nightblade
Who? Robot? I doubt it, for some reason. Not sure why... but it's just too obvious, if that makes any sense.

DuskAtDawn said:
@Nightblade
Who? Robot? I doubt it, for some reason. Not sure why... but it's just too obvious, if that makes any sense.

Refuge in Audacity. Make it so blatantly obvious that it can't be him because it just too obvious. Like registering a new account named Dart_of_the_Sea or something similar.

doomlord9 said:

There is a method that could mark his computer for us but it seemed to invasive since it would mark everyone else's too. Security for liberty and all that.

I suppose we could possibly start contacting the new members and ask for existing past accounts on other sites to contact to help verify identity as not being Seaderp...

[me=theweepingman]scratches head[/me]
I'm happy admin/mod is serious in their works, of course, but background check? Really? I mean, it seems like it will inconvenience you as well..

Master of Squirrel-fu said:
There is a method that could mark his computer for us but it seemed to invasive since it would mark everyone else's too. Security for liberty and all that.

I suppose we could possibly start contacting the new members and ask for existing past accounts on other sites to contact to help verify identity as not being Seaderp...
if you do that make sure to explain why it's being done. people will be less offended and/or more cooperative if you explain the situation.

For some reason, I can't access the irc... is something going on with that regard?

Why does Seadart even want to do this? It honestly seems like a lot of trouble for very little "reward."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back