1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Everyone from QQ wake up as their Avatar, what's the first thing we do in real life?

Discussion in 'General' started by SailorPizza, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Widowmaker

Widowmaker High Queen

Once maybe? Might be my first of the year.

GhostHaxStomp likes this.
  2. Otokonoko Culture

Otokonoko Culture {Unverified Trap} {Verified Cake}

The first thing i do is call my cousin and beg for help. I have no idea how to take care of hair that goes down past my waist.

The second thing i do is go outside and see if i gained the physical abilities of my avatar. If so, I'm well in excess of peak human.

The third thing is reporting to my local federal government office to get an updated identity card and stuff. I don't want to be denied my assets just because I'm in a new body.

After that its a matter of telling my family and carrying on with my life, because my avatar doesnt actually have super powers or anything.

Odd1todd89, TRm, Pulsar and 2 others like this.
  3. SailorPizza

SailorPizza Versed in the lewd.

I hug you as a magical friend.

4. Psyckosama

Psyckosama Connoisseur.

Damn, you changed your avatar...

But Saitama has pretty good control of his strength mind you. It's why he hasn't accidentally blown up the world while taking a SERIOUS DUMP.

Lemme fix that for you

"Get punched. In the dick."

There you go. All better now. :)

Fix global warming and be polite and there will be no punching to be had.
    I'm sorry, I read as "If I was doing god's work, I'd be getting Punched."

Seriously, main thing I'd do is basically hang out, be lazy, play video games, and punch people who deserve it.

That being evil people... baring a couple really really annoying ones....

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  5. Malbutorius

Malbutorius Xenophile

But would Saitama kill an innocent that's possessed by a Dark Matter?

Because the dangerous part about Dark Matter's is their far more subtle skills, rather than their direct physical threat.

Least Devotee and Widowmaker like this.
  6. Widowmaker

Widowmaker High Queen

Psyckosama might.

Least Devotee likes this.
  7. Psyckosama

Psyckosama Connoisseur.

With great reluctance and only if I couldn't see another choice.

The good of the many and et all.

Though I'm more likely to hunt down and punch Dark Matter god.

Vorian and Milkers99 like this.
  8. Milkers99

Milkers99 3 int

steal trash

Vorian and TRm like this.
  9. Milkers99

Milkers99 3 int

i'm pretty sure saitama is immune to mental fuckery.

10. Psyckosama

Psyckosama Connoisseur.

Basically.

11. Malbutorius

Malbutorius Xenophile

Zero is, in essence, the Big G Supreme Deity of his multiverse as the embodiment of the Void. All Gods steal parts from his being to create universes.

Even Max Wanked Saitama couldn't realistically beat him.

There's a reason I said it was a good thing I was a heretic.

I wasn't aware he was immune to mental trauma and psychological warfare.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  12. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Are you sure you meant 'dirty' and not 'deity'? If it were anywhere else, I wouldn't need to ask, but here we are.

Least Devotee and Winged One like this.
  13. Malbutorius

Malbutorius Xenophile

Grumble grumble Damn autocorrect grumble grumble

Winged One and Widowmaker like this.
  14. MadGreenSon

MadGreenSon Verified Devil Tiger, The Childish Yandere

The only thing that can hurt Saitama is Saitama. Which is why he'll never be happy.

15. Psyckosama

Psyckosama Connoisseur.

You seem to misunderstand what Saitama is, and the general theme of OPM as a whole.

His power is not that he's very strong. It's that, except when for the sake of a gag, he's literally a walking no limits fallacy.

He could destroy Zero... with One Punch.

He might have to put his back into it, for the sake of the gag, but still... One. Punch.

He can be happy, but he'll never find satisfaction in combat.

Remember, the series is all about him finding friendship and learning to find satisfaction outside of battle.

Yuhabahha and Least Devotee like this.
  16. Malbutorius

Malbutorius Xenophile

Yes, in his own story where the purpose of such was to show how shallow power really is.

The purpose of this thread however, is a bunch of people faffing about talking about what they'd do. And honestly, I think I'd do much the same as what I'm doing now.

17. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Yeah... it's amusing how a story openly mocking power-wank is practically worshiped by a bunch of morons who do nothing but power-wank.

18. Psyckosama

Psyckosama Connoisseur.

Let me restructure this to be more accurate.

It's amusing how a story that explores and pokes fun at the consequences of being overpowered is openly mocked by a bunch of morons who do nothing but power wank.

Saitama's limitlessness strong. In a direct confrontation he wins. Period.

Which is why one punch man doesn't follow the normal trope of "AND A NEW WORTHY VILLAIN" normally found in anime.

Every time a new evil worthy rival shows up its played for laughs, and ends with them being reduced to giblets the second Saitama shows up.

What the story is really about is how it instead explores him dealing with the emotional detachment and lack of satisfaction with the fights only really having... an assumption of risk when he's not around.

His fight with Lord Boros lasted as long as it did because he, frankly, was trying to give the guy the fight he was craving out of sympathy.

His fight with Garou lasted as long as it did because his objective wasn't to defeat him in battle, but to get it through to him that what he wasn't wasn't to be a monster, but to be a Hero.

A good example of how he works as a character is the OPM fighting game. Saitama is a character... a literally invincible one.

The way he works though is he's on a timer. the other player has like 60ish seconds to kill you, and he has 2 characters to your own. So it's a waiting game. Can you survive long enough for Caped Baldy to show up and basically punch a fucker.

The drama is never "will saitama win"? That's never a question. It's how he wins and what happens around him, and how he deals with the problems he just can't CAST FIST at.

19. GhostHaxStomp

GhostHaxStomp I trust you know where the happy button is?

Man that’s a lot of words for stuff I couldn’t give a shit about.

Do you guys think ghost ice is edible? I might open up a snow cone shop or something.

20. TRm

TRm Connoisseur.

Snow cones? Huh, if you gave me hours to think of uses for Danny Phantom's powerset that would never have crossed my mind

As for your question... I'm not really sure, the only time I remember ghost power being used in the preparing of food in the series is the reanimated Christmas bird

It would involve people eating ectopladm, though so there would probably be some kind of consequences...

21. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

I was not exaggerating when I said "worshiped."

Maybe, maybe not. I'm not hugely familiar with the show, so I don't know how it works in that setting, but usually ectoplasm doesn't interact with normal matter... which means it'd have about as many side effects as neutrinos.

22. TRm

TRm Connoisseur.

Yeah, it's not clear; I don't think anyone actually ate ectoplasm on the show so I'm trying to think of the main interactions people had with it:
    - Vlad and Danny both got bombarded with it via ghost portal which infused their DNA and turned them into half-ghosts
    - there was the aforementioned time when they tried to cook a bird in a ectoplasm powered oven which reanimated it

So it could really cause anything from nothing at all, to turning people who eat enough into halfas, to making them ill, to reanimating any dead cells it comes into contact with into ghost equivalents

GhostHaxStomp and Widowmaker like this.
  23. Milkers99

Milkers99 3 int

Well... he would lose if someone were a Bethesda protagonist, and they used the console to disable you.

Console Commands always win.

24. Psyckosama

Psyckosama Connoisseur.

Nope. First, because canonically, they don't have access.

Second, because his power is such bullshit he'd probably just blink and go "why am I naked?" after they tried to delete him from the world.

Milkers99 likes this.
  25. Milkers99

Milkers99 3 int

My character is now a God of Console Commands.

I cast setav strengh 5 on Saitama

I also change Saitamas' name to Baldy.

I also turn on godmode

26. Widowmaker

Widowmaker High Queen

G-d, I love that you're taking the piss here. It's fantastic.

Ilikebob, Milkers99 and TanaNari like this.
  27. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Well worn.

I think my reaction will be the same as my avatar's.

Winged One and Widowmaker like this.
  28. Widowmaker

Widowmaker High Queen

Why so?

29. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Well worn.

First, I'm a guy. Not interested in changing my gender. Second, I don't want to be all pastell-y in coloration. Third, I think mind reading by touching someone would be an annoying superpower to have. I don't want to read your filthy mind every time I do a handshake.

Least Devotee, Ilikebob and TRm like this.
  30. ExquisiteTopHat

ExquisiteTopHat Lined with Tinfoil

I'd be brimming with existential horror. Because I set my avatar to a hat, rather than an omnipotent fellow wearing a hat.

At least if I am an animated object I might be able to make hat puns.