1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

General chat thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Nanimani, Dec 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Melmar

Melmar Should probly stop sayin' words

I saw the first couple episodes of The Mandolorian recently. It was alright but I kept getting distracted by the puppet not being able to close its eyes all the way when it blinked. :V

kinglugia likes this.
  2. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Violence!

You know what you don’t really see much in fiction? Siege towers. For those who can’t be bothered to click the link, they were basically wooden towers on wheels that were used to invade castle walls, providing mobile cover on the approach and, being built to the same height as the castle wall they were meant to invade and containing either ladders or a staircase inside, a method of reaching the top of the wall without having to break through it. Sometimes they were built slightly taller than the walls they were meant to invade, allowing archers to shoot downward from over the walls. Being made of wood, they were susceptible to fire, so they were often covered in soaking wet animal hides before an invasion.

And prior to today, I’d never even heard of them. Which is weird, considering just how many anime use vaguely medieval Europe-esque settings.

CrossyCross likes this.
  3. Highlord

Highlord Versed in the lewd.

They were also horrifying deathtraps that tended to be targeted directly by every incendiary weapon a fortification's defenders could bring to bear, quickly turning them into giant bonfires full of screaming men and cooking meat. Or, if they made it to the walls, the uppermost deck would be seized by elite troops moved into place for doing exactly that, at which point cauldrons of boiling oil would be poured down onto the men below, followed by a few torches, quickly turning the tower into a giant bonfire full of screaming men and cooking meat.

I could see a few animes making use of them in a battle scene, but most quasi-medieval anime is of the fantasy variety, so the fate of siege towers and it's occupants might be a bit hardcore for the majority them.

Far better to assemble catapults, mangonels, or trebuchets at standoff range and hammer the walls, or throw payloads of firepots, dead animals and human corpses into the fortress.

4. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Violence!

Yeah, but you don't see them even in dark as shit series like Berserk or Goblin Slayer.

Highlord likes this.
  5. Eisen

Eisen Avant Garde

I saw them used in Utawarerumono: Futari no Hakuoro. The MC threw jars of oil on the tower and soldiers so the fire could effectively spread, cause more chaos, and further open the enemy's army to attack from fortress wall.

Hyp3rB14d3 likes this.
  6. Daytripper

Daytripper Connoisseur.

Where can I post my movie review thread on QQ?

7. heralding_bubble

heralding_bubble Liar and Hypocrite

General or NSFW General, depending on what kind of movies they are I'm thinking :p

8. onurpower

onurpower Making the rounds.

Hello everyone I am not sure if this is appropriate thread or not, but hey! The first post says you can say whatever you want. So I have a question, where can I change the Punto of the entire website. I am not talking about the sizes of my individual letters or messages, I am talking about the sizes of the entire site. In both SV and SB they are just next to your user name at the top of the page but here there is nada. I tried to look at the preferences page to see if I could find anything but there were only things about sites styles. Online looking up about QQ punto size only gave way to post size bb code pages, so I would be really grateful if someone could help me out. This is especially a problem on phone as it makes it hard to read and enjoy on it. If any of you could help I would really appreciate it. :D

9. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Violence!

If you’re on a computer, ctrl + and ctrl - usually work.

10. onurpower

onurpower Making the rounds.

Thanks for responding but I already know how to do that on computer and am use it. I was asking more for the sake of using it on my phone.

11. heralding_bubble

If it's an Android phone, go to [Settings > Display > Font Size], but this changes the text size for everything.
    Oh wait, also if you're using Mobile Chrome, you can go to [Settings > Accessibility > Text Scaling], but again, applies to all of Chrome.

onurpower and kinglugia like this.
  12. Sinnerlust

Sinnerlust The bastard

I'm eating a envy apple it's good, my dog keeps begging for a piece she is such a greedy little shit. I give her piece she wants more and keeps giving me puppy eyes If I Don't give her more.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
  13. Daonexus

Daonexus Seeker of the true Dao of waifus

Watching all these Office memes I was like I should watch the series because it is clearly popular, but now that I am watching it, I am kinda not feeling it.

Like when I watch a series like Mr. iglesias that i watched day before yesterday, I am generally pumped for the next episode but I am kinda not feeling it with the office and I am already halfway through season 2.

14. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Violence!

That horrible moment where, immediately before it overflows, you realize the toilet is clogged by the sensation of the rising crap-water hitting your balls.

15. heralding_bubble

You flush while still sitting on the toilet?

16. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Violence!

You don’t?

17. heralding_bubble

No?
    Why would I want the shitwater splashing up to my ass/balls?

18. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Violence!

It’s not supposed to do that anyway!

Daonexus likes this.
  19. CrossyCross

CrossyCross LADY OF LOVE

I see you are a man of culture. Bless you for your great taste.

....I might buy one myself, if paypal wasn't completely fucky for me right now (or more likely, my bank).

I might contact you later if/when the problem gets fixed on how you got this though.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
  20. Daonexus

Dude always get up flush so that you can see if the flush worked properly cause some places have really cheap and badly designed toilets that have to be flushed twice to properly clear out.

Sinnerlust and OverReactionGuy like this.
  21. John_Oakman

John_Oakman Come touch my hentai machine

I got it from wish.com. Yes, the same wish.com that's infamous for being really sketchy and weirdass. So far though everything I bought has been pretty much what I expected (though I had low expectations in the first place), though the shipping time (like a month). Also most of the product descriptions tend to be... well, inadequate. Generally speaking, the pillow cover and the pillow itself tend to be things you have to purchase separately.

As far as payment goes wish.com does process regular credit/debit cards.

22. Guardian Box

Guardian Box Theocratic Capitalist

Because you are not supposed to sit on the damn thing when you flush in the first place!

Daonexus likes this.
  23. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Violence!

80% certain it’s not supposed to matter whether you flush before or after you get off the toilet. It was 95%, but then yesterday happened.

24. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Well worn.

Even if the toilet is in perfect working order, there is always a bit of spray whenever you flush a toilet. So why the actual fuck would you sit on it while flushing?

25. Daonexus

I think some years ago I watched a video that showed some toilet's flushing mechanism requires air to function, I may be remembering wrong but i am like 75% sure that I saw something like that.

26. justinkal

justinkal Connoisseur.

Most common reason I've heard of is "I'm flushing before I'm done shitting so that what I've done so far doesn't start stinking up the area".

27. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Well worn.

That's what the lid is for.

28. Imabot

Imabot Connoisseur.

If anyone have ass big enough to seal the air to the toilet it's no wonder someone flushes while sitting.

I just use air deodorant. Or clean the toilet.

Daonexus likes this.
  29. justinkal

justinkal Connoisseur.

That doesn't help with the issue of "smell starts spreading before you get off the seat, because you know in a few minutes more will come out".

Daonexus likes this.
  30. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Well worn.

Better a few bucks for an air freshener than getting toilet water on your balls.

Daonexus and Imabot like this.