1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

General chat thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Nanimani, Dec 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Depends on type of fear, really.

Physiologically, all you need for an erection is slight muscle relaxation and a good blood pressure. There are muscles that exist to prevent erections (they're the same ones that will make your skin go pale under some circumstances and at least attempt to stop blood loss)... not ones that cause them (except the heart- and if that's stopped working, you've got more immediate concerns).

So the type of fear that would fall under the category of 'dread'- that'll stop an erection.

The type of fear that falls under the category of 'panic'- if anything, the increased heartrate and blood pressure intrinsic to 'fight or flight' will make it easier to get an erection.

2. Treble

Treble Connoisseur.

Well, when I posted that, I was fairly unsure whether I'd live to see the next day. Don't ask why, that's my embarassing secret. But at least I made an important scientific discovery!

3. GhostHaxStomp

GhostHaxStomp I trust you know where the happy button is?

It’s obviously a curse put on humankind because in the past, when facing mortal danger, real men fucked their problems until they went away.

You can’t fuck very good without an erection.

kinglugia likes this.
  4. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Well worn.

Okay, maybe a mistake asking for advice here, but here I go.

So about two years back my sister-in-law abruptly started ghosting me out of the blue. I had no idea what happened, but we were pretty close so I was disappointed. Well I just reached out to her to ask for a favor, and she told me that I had said some very hurtful things to her which is she cut contact. So I thought back to that year and tried to wrack my brain over what I said that could have been so hurtful, then I remembered that one of her friends contacted me that summer saying that someone claiming to be me had said very cruel things about her. I assured her friend that I had no idea what she was referring to and that I would never say anything bad about SIL.

So I guess for the last two years SIL has gone on thinking that I was cruel to her for no reason while I thought she was just being a jerk by ghosting me. Anyway, with all that back story out of the way, she understandably wants nothing to do with me because she thinks I was an asshole to her.

How would you suggest I go about clearing my name? I already responded by giving my side of the story and suggested SIL contact her friend and get her side of the story and maybe be an intermediary, but is there anything else you think I can or should do? If she doesn't want to do that and wants to cut contact completely I will understand, even if I'm disappointed to lose a good friend.

5. OverReactionGuy

OverReactionGuy The only Sane one left

The only thing you could do is what you already done. Try to talk to her.

Damage has already been done on both sides but in time hopefully that would heal.

Though honestly, ghosting you for 2 years without telling you why was a bad move on her part. That would have only let the hurt fester so you're going to have a tough time convincing her that you weren't the asshole who said asshole things to her. Since you being an asshole was probably the image built in her head for the past 2 years.

All I can say is keep trying to reach her now that you know what's up. But respect her wishes if she doesn't want to talk.

I know it sucks loosing a friend out of the blue.

Venyr4434 likes this.
  6. LurkingInTheDeceit

LurkingInTheDeceit “Brave” explorer treading “New” land

Where were they claiming to be you? Like, is the evidence still around? Cause investigating that seems like a first step.

7. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Well worn.

According to her it was partially her husband's decision. She said she was actually looking through message logs to see if it was really me, and her husband told her to stop because it was making her upset. I guess she also really valued the friendship if the messages hurt her so bad. Now I have mixed feelings on her husband's decision. On the one hand I can see where he's coming from. I wouldn't want to see her upset. On the other hand, RED FLAG Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but him telling her not to try and work it out in person is sending up warning signals. Of course I can't exactly tell her this, because I remember her friend was telling me that some of the messages were also besmirching her husband and saying they were a bad couple, so announcing my suspicions may imply that I was in fact the one attacking her.

Of course, the biggest question hanging over everything is why me? I am a nobody. I try to be inoffensive in person. I can't think of a single person that would hold enough of a grudge to pretend to be me and insult my friends. Her in specific, because I don't recall this happening to anyone else I know.

Apparently it was over facebook and text messages. She is willing to hear me out and search through her messages and contact her friend, but she doesn't want me to let her husband know. Which, again, RED FLAG. I agreed and will not tell her husband. If my worst fears are right telling him wouldn't help.

8. OverReactionGuy

OverReactionGuy The only Sane one left

Honestly, I have no idea. Anything I can say to that would be paranoid lunacy that you don't need right now.

9. LurkingInTheDeceit

LurkingInTheDeceit “Brave” explorer treading “New” land

I assume they weren’t sent from your Facebook (if you have one) or number, so showing that will probably count in your favour. Otherwise, if the content of the messages themselves don’t have anything provably false, I’m not sure what else you can do. Report the Facebook account if it’s still around maybe, but I’m not sure that’ll help anything.

Yeah, identity theft sucks, even when it’s just used to break up friendships.

Chaos Fantasy likes this.
  10. Treble

Treble Connoisseur.

[​IMG]
    My fifth use of Dall-E today. The first was really creepy, so I deleted it. The second, third were useless. This one is.....interesting.

11. GhostHaxStomp

If it could just not fuck up faces as much it’d be great. These image generators have honestly gotten pretty ridiculous.

I can’t wait until we can make bots that write good stories from prompts. From there it’s only a couple steps to post-scarcity.

12. Arc-on-Fire

Arc-on-Fire I trust you know where the happy button is?

Actually, we're already there. Hell you can even put in modules that were built from a whole bunch of media - anime included - to make fucking AI-generated fanfics. You gotta tinker around with it though and learn the basics of how it works though if you want maximum efficiency with it.
    What's kind of funny is that I posted AI-generated fics on some idea threads lmao.

13. GhostHaxStomp

14. Chaos Fantasy

Chaos Fantasy Versed in the lewd.

Didnt ask myself, but thanks for sharing this one.

Now that I've got this in my mitts, I can now battle writers block and create strange stories at once! :sneaky:

15. Treble

Treble Connoisseur.

Why are all my friends so weird?

Checking my WhatsApp revealed that one of my friends from the neighbourhood has sent a bizarre rant about how she's feeling angry that her sister is prettier than her, and how she feels its unfair. I won't mention the petty details, but she seems really ticked off about it.

Her sister is 16.

It's not like her. She used to be a genius back in college.

16. Guardian Box

Guardian Box Theocratic Capitalist

She got older and stopped being as popular as when she was young, so now she's butthurt and lashing out?

17. Chaos Fantasy

Chaos Fantasy Versed in the lewd.

Drugs?

Boyfriend/Girlfriend is not as attentive lately?

Mental illness manifesting?

18. Treble

Treble Connoisseur.

Lol,no. It just seems to have come out of the blue since as far as I know, her life really hasn't changed much lately. She's one of those quiet, studious types, and not the sort I'd expect to make such a fuss about vanity.

19. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

Clever =/= emotionally mature.

Venyr4434 and TanaNari like this.
  20. Treble

Treble Connoisseur.

True enough. All the same, if you had asked my five years ago, I'd have told you she's more mature than most adults. She was always the disciplined, focused type who has an entire plan for her life laid out.

21. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

You wanna know how to make God laugh?

Tell him your plans.

The people who invested the most in their plans are the people who break hardest when the inevitable occurs.

Venyr4434 and wasprider like this.
  22. Treble

Treble Connoisseur.

Come on, man, what does that have to do with anything?

I do think she was drunk though. She's a very mature type, and not the sort to start competing with her teenage sister over....well, who looks better. She has never really been that type of girl, honestly. She's a practical, intelligent sort with a good life.

23. John_Oakman

John_Oakman Come touch my hentai machine

My plans are to sell NFTs and rare pepes after the apocalypses to the local warlords, there is no way that God can possibly ruin that.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2022
  24. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Well worn.

Someone told me that if I was going to get into a fight with someone, make sure to dress well for the occasion. That way my opponent will know I'm serious enough to get blood all over their Sunday best while I beat their ass.

25. Treble

Treble Connoisseur.

If you are that sure of winning, everything else becomes irrelevant. Fights are to be quickly finished, not postures with. You don't want people to think this is an admirable affair.

26. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Well worn.

[​IMG]

27. Guardian Box

Guardian Box Theocratic Capitalist

Dress as a postman then?

???

Venyr4434 and TanaNari like this.
  28. Smol Duck

Smol Duck Not too sore, are you?

Anyone else having an issue with a ton of sites right now? I’m getting a “500 internal error” on a ton of sites, such as pixiv, discord, royalroad, Spacebattles and all the “is this site down” derivatives.
    Anyone know what’s going on?

29. Treble

Treble Connoisseur.

Cloudflare issues.

30. Smol Duck

Smol Duck Not too sore, are you?

Could you explain to me what is happening?