• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

General chat thread

Only for Heroic Narratives. But our world isn't a heroic narrative.
I dunno.

Travel for the sake of travel, accidentally trip over a great treasure. Use that treasure to kick the asses of a bunch of people who deserve it (and a few that admittedly don't), and tell the world to get off your porch.

Keep tripping over more great treasures seemingly every time you take a walk in your back yard.

World goes to shit.

Get off your porch, beat the idiots until they listen to sense. Go back to retirement.

World goes to shit again.

Beat the shit out of the idiots until they listen again. Think about going into retirement, but no, you've finally got a rival.

Activate Power Of Friendship on most of the people whose asses you saved as well as the ones whose asses you kicked.

Posture for a while, do some flexing, hit the gym. Rival gets progressively more pathetic until he doesn't matter anymore. Get a new rival.

Repeat process.

And at some point, your birthday becomes one of those worldwide facts that everyone knows whether or not they actually like you.

In what world is the USA not a heroic narrative? With a lot of sequels.

Last edited:
Travel for the sake of travel, accidentally trip over a great treasure. Use that treasure to kick the asses of a bunch of people who deserve it (and a few that admittedly don't), and tell the world to get off your porch.
Nope, travel for the sake of stealing other people's land and settle to escape religious persecution (or the victims of YOUR religious persecution). America was made by the villains of an alien invasion film...or rather, the other way around.

eep tripping over more great treasures seemingly every time you take a walk in your back yard.
Yeah, sure. "Your" backyard.

World goes to shit.

Get off your porch, beat the idiots until they listen to sense. Go back to retirement.
Nah, more like enter a conflict you really shouldn't have and directly lead to the world going properly insane.

Beat the shit out of the idiots until they listen again. Think about going into retirement, but no, you've finally got a rival.
No, I'll give you that one. WW2 was your aristeia.

Activate Power Of Friendship on most of the people whose asses you saved as well as the ones whose asses you kicked.
Heh. Friendship.....sure.

Posture for a while, do some flexing, hit the gym. Rival gets progressively more pathetic until he doesn't matter anymore. Get a new rival.
Not how heroic narratives work. The USSR doesn't lose after some grand battle, it just collapses because it was always just a paper tiger.

Everything after that is R8 adjacent, so let's not talk about that.

That's the logic of an armchair philosopher...or a weeb. The world is as it is, and all we can do is follow our roles.
And this is why Britain doesn't matter anymore.

Not how heroic narratives work. The USSR doesn't lose after some grand battle, it just collapses because it was always just a paper tiger
Nah, we beat them where it counted, in the hearts and minds of the people. That's why they collapsed. Well, that and the inherit failures and evil of Communism.

If anyone here lives in Australia, do you have to deal with Kookaburras? I'm rather interested in how wildlife annoys other people from around the world.

Nah, more like enter a conflict you really shouldn't have and directly lead to the world going properly insane.
No, that was the french and brits with their insane "treaty"
To this day, the Onion has my absolute favorite summary of WWI.
m30v0gdbs5ui1lco504g.jpg

If anyone here lives in Australia, do you have to deal with Kookaburras? I'm rather interested in how wildlife annoys other people from around the world.
Biggest problems I have to deal with in summer here are stinkbugs and wasps. And ever since I installed fly screens, they are not that much one anymore.

Texas here. Fuck scorpions. And everything else except Praying Mantis, but mostly scorpions and spiders.

Had a spider on the front door this morning, a big one, right next to the damn doorknob. Would not move, finally had to find some mosquito spray in a bucket on the porch, and I think the only reason that worked was making him too slippery to hold on. Didn't go anywhere once he hit the ground either. Wasn't dead, and he was gone when I left last night, no sign of squashed spider.

The rest of our animal problems are the neighbors fault. A whole passel of puppies every few years, most of which either starve to death because they can't afford enough food or get hit by a car. Or eaten by one of the other feral dogs in the neighborhood when they get hungry enough.

Texas here. Fuck scorpions. And everything else except Praying Mantis, but mostly scorpions and spiders.

Had a spider on the front door this morning, a big one, right next to the damn doorknob. Would not move, finally had to find some mosquito spray in a bucket on the porch, and I think the only reason that worked was making him too slippery to hold on. Didn't go anywhere once he hit the ground either. Wasn't dead, and he was gone when I left last night, no sign of squashed spider.

The rest of our animal problems are the neighbors fault. A whole passel of puppies every few years, most of which either starve to death because they can't afford enough food or get hit by a car. Or eaten by one of the other feral dogs in the neighborhood when they get hungry enough.

Have feral hogs ever tried to gore you with their tusks?

It's weird thinking of pigs as beings that will eat even children

Have feral hogs ever tried to gore you with their tusks?

It's weird thinking of pigs as beings that will eat even children

Thankfully never ran into any in the wild.

First and last time I hunted myself though, my uncles shot one (in the head) and were dragging it into the cleaning shed. It wasn't quite dead though, started suddenly fighting back and it was everything two of them could do to keep hold of it's face and keep it from standing up while another one got a gun and put three more bullets in its head so it finally died.

Thankfully never ran into any in the wild.

First and last time I hunted myself though, my uncles shot one (in the head) and were dragging it into the cleaning shed. It wasn't quite dead though, started suddenly fighting back and it was everything two of them could do to keep hold of it's face and keep it from standing up while another one got a gun and put three more bullets in its head so it finally died.

A real life hogzilla that's not photoshopped and edited may actually exist somewhere

How exactly do you guys eat wild animals?

There's so much bacteria and viruses and dirt on them

A real life hogzilla that's not photoshopped and edited may actually exist somewhere

How exactly do you guys eat wild animals?

There's so much bacteria and viruses and dirt on them

The meat generally doesn't have dirt on it, being inside the animal.

And unless you make it rare, cooking kills everything else. Even domesticated animals have bacteria and often viruses, eating a wild one isn't any different.

Hell, eating wild pork in the US is probably still safer than eating a domestic British cow. Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (Mad Cow in humans) is fucking nasty.

You DO need to do certain things while cleaning it to keep various bodily poisons from getting into the edible meat - don't cut open the digestive system and get literal shit all over it, for an obvious example - so be wary of accepting it unless you know for sure they knew what they were doing (or had it cleaned and packed professionally.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back