• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

General chat thread

Despite the grim derp infecting then, the Tau are STILL the good guys compared to everyone else, like the Imperium (space fascist who do genocides), the eat everything faction (nids), the exterminate all life faction (necrons), the we torture you for fun faction (dark Eldar), the you dance in our palms, but if need be we'll make you kill your worlds if it keeps one more Eldar alive faction (Eldar).... Let's not get into the Orks with their Waugh ruinning everything in their path.

They're way better than everyone else, yes.

Despite the grim derp infecting then, the Tau are STILL the good guys compared to everyone else, like the Imperium (space fascist who do genocides), the eat everything faction (nids), the exterminate all life faction (necrons), the we torture you for fun faction (dark Eldar), the you dance in our palms, but if need be we'll make you kill your worlds if it keeps one more Eldar alive faction (Eldar).... Let's not get into the Orks with their Waugh ruinning everything in their path.
So, the Tau are the good guys, and the Orks are comic relief. That universe is so screwed it ain't even funny.

Oy! Tau ARE the good guys, naively so, in the 40k setting.
And they're still Space Commies.

Reinhard Von Lohengramm - Space Commies are better for what you seem to have in mind.
Necrons have been retconned to the point where IIRC some of the Necron factions are actually on par with the Tau. I mean, obviously they're still aliens and they don't set out to do humanity any favours, but "just want to be left alone, and help out with existential threats like Eye of Terror expansion or Tyranids" is miles ahead of most factions.

You forgot Chaos, too, though it's not a major oversight (all but Khorne have some interesting/redeeming attributes, certainly, but they're still evil).

Necrons have been retconned to the point where IIRC some of the Necron factions are actually on par with the Tau. I mean, obviously they're still aliens and they don't set out to do humanity any favours, but "just want to be left alone, and help out with existential threats like Eye of Terror expansion or Tyranids" is miles ahead of most factions.
As I said, infected by lightderp. Gimme back my space Terminators.

As I said, infected by lightderp. Gimme back my space Terminators.
Loved the six edition change, hated the removal of the customization of cryptek and c'tan in seventh edition...

Also, you can totes play them as space Terminators... you just get FANCY HQ~

1930503_10153756139997719_5592349532559708614_n.jpg

Last edited:
... You're really not helping the impression you give with that kind of stuff.
Oh come on, I've had thoughts of writing something along those lines myself, don't be so--
How to join the Book of Gretchen writers list:

1. Ask to join the Cult of Gretchen
  2. Swear the following:
    "May my soul feed her hopes, may it crush despair and may it bring salvation to all life in the universe. Praise Gretchen."
  3. You will be included in the Role of Gretchen Cultists, on this post and will be given a Gretchen Cultist Number.
  4. Change your title to "Gretchen Cultist" and your cultist number and change your avatar pic to a picture of Gretchen, Madoka or her Holy Mother Junko if possible.
  5. You cannot leave the cult, you can only lay dormant. Removing your title does not remove you from the cult, at best, I can delete your name from public view, but you will remain on a list for future reference.
Um. What. Um. *mouth opens and shuts*

Warning or no warning at the start of the thread, that doesn't read like an IC post. It references the real denizens of QQ and our real avatars and titles. And asks us to swear an oath.

I'm probably one of the few who actually likes the idea of Gretchen leading a cult - heck, Loop 6 was going to go there - but holy shit those trappings read like something out of Dark Dungeons and bring my enthusiasm to a screeching halt. Just because I want to write about something doesn't mean I'm going to LARP it in public. It starts to cross the line that World of Darkness makes me uneasy by merely drawing near.

Oops, I made it a bit too culty it broke the fourth wall.

Anyway, revised it.

Please stop. Please. Just, stop. Take a step back. Really think about your life. Make some new friends. Meet a girl (or a guy) and try chat them up. Maybe take a course on how to talk to people.

If not for your own sake, then for mine. If I cringe any harder, my facial muscles are going to collapse into a black hole and devour the earth.

Please stop. Please. Just, stop. Take a step back. Really think about your life. Make some new friends. Meet a girl (or a guy) and try chat them up. Maybe take a course on how to talk to people.

If not for your own sake, then for mine. If I cringe any harder, my facial muscles are going to collapse into a black hole and devour the earth.
AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!

*loses grip on railing, sucked into runeblue360's singularity*

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH-!

So the money that was stolen from my account a while earlier has been refunded. However, the sad thing, the scum (as in a whole species of scum) that stole it is probably still enjoying the fruits of their theft.

Why can't credit card thieves and scammers just drop dead?

So the money that was stolen from my account a while earlier has been refunded. However, the sad thing, the scum (as in a whole species of scum) that stole it is probably still enjoying the fruits of their theft.

Why can't credit card thieves and scammers just drop dead?

You can't remove assholes as a whole from the world. You just can't. We can fuck them over, though.

To quote a movie:

"See, there's three kinds of people: dicks, pussies, and assholes. Pussies think everyone can get along, and dicks just want to fuck all the time without thinking it through. But then you got your assholes, Chuck. And all the assholes want us to shit all over everything! So, pussies may get mad at dicks once in a while, because pussies get fucked by dicks. But dicks also fuck assholes, Chuck. And if they didn't fuck the assholes, you know what you'd get? You'd get your dick and your pussy all covered in shit!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back