• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

General chat thread

We have suspicions as to the cause. He was only around thirty or so. The most sobering aspect, is that it nobody is guaranteed another day.

I don't know where else to ask this, but does anybody know of any goods sites with advice on how to write dialogue with only one person? Preferably with how to describe any action they may be doing like walking, stopping to think etc.

We have suspicions as to the cause. He was only around thirty or so. The most sobering aspect, is that it nobody is guaranteed another day.
I'm really sorry to hear that man.

Well, half the Pacific Northwest is on fire. Skies in Portland are dark with smoke and ash despite being midday. Nearly a dozen counties under evacuation. And was that lighting I just saw literally as I was typing this post? Fuck.

Well, half the Pacific Northwest is on fire. Skies in Portland are dark with smoke and ash despite being midday. Nearly a dozen counties under evacuation. And was that lighting I just saw literally as I was typing this post? Fuck.

Hope you guys don't get entirely fucked.

I don't know where else to ask this, but does anybody know of any goods sites with advice on how to write dialogue with only one person? Preferably with how to describe any action they may be doing like walking, stopping to think etc.
As in a monologue, or writing a scene where someone like Gollum argues with themselves.

Assuming the former, This might help.

Also, for general writing advice, Writing excuses is a good podcast.

Wonder what disaster next month will bring in the shitshow that is 2020. I'm voting for either the Yellowstone supervolcano erupting or the big Cascadia earthquake.

Wonder what disaster next month will bring in the shitshow that is 2020. I'm voting for either the Yellowstone supervolcano erupting or the big Cascadia earthquake.
I got this on... June 2nd. I think. What's the 6th month? I never properly learned the order in either language. I think it was for the 1.2 one on 1st.
gfuBTJ.png

So we got the memes covered for it already.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

After ten thousand years I'm free!!!!

Oh my God this feels incredible. Took five days to get the power back on and a few more to get internet back! I am so happy to not be phone posting this. The endorphins are real.

Heard that can give you a real crick in the neck.
It's what it feels like. Honestly, between the humidity and the silence the power outage was the worst. I couldn't get comfortable or rest anywhere except in my car with the motor running and so now I feel like I'm recovering from surgery or some shit because I am not young anymore.

Well, my car is giving me the red triangle of death on the dashboard. Hopefully it's something relatively small, like changing those spark plugs I have kept putting off. Worst case scenario is there something wrong with the Hybrid battery itself, which is nearly half the cost I paid for the car to repair

I know it's heading towards fire season again in Oz, and can't help but suspect that it will be as bad or worse than last time.

Aaaand since this year is just full of bizarre shit, here's a heavy metal music video that seems to have been produced by the Azerbajian military. For... propaganda in their conflict with the Armenians? I have no clue.

It's pretty good. It's got a Sabaton feel to it.

On the subject of hentai games, two general questions:

1) Opinions on 'Parasite In City'?
2) Is there actually a sequel?

does anybody wanna use my reincarnation character sheet for a story or nah

does anybody wanna use my reincarnation character sheet for a story or nah

I'll start with nah. A character sheet isn't enough. You need an actual character and a situation to really start.

What does the character want? And why?

Where are they? What will they struggle against? Who will help them?

I'll start with nah. A character sheet isn't enough. You need an actual character and a situation to really start.

What does the character want? And why?

Where are they? What will they struggle against? Who will help them?
Character sheet

Name: Solomon
Old Self Bio/Personality:Apathetic,Jaded and reclusive
He is an ex Iraq war vet that was one of the first in but was later crippled by an IED at the tail end of the war and his legs were mangled and was honorably discharged with a Purple Heart and other Medals but was not provided further support due to his Family being dead and ended up on the streets of New York.
soldier_by_duster132_d5uwmas-fullview.jpg

New appearance/monster self:
57ef235d4d3dacfb4eff5c2f3eacdaf5--resistance-fall-of-man-character-sketches.jpg

at 10'2

Powers/Abilities:Extreme Regeneration, power over different radiation, lesser creation (I.e able to create small things like glock,aks and bullets and other things of that size or smaller but has to be inanimate),perfect memory,expert level marksman, adept CQC, proficient strategist, Adept Engineer

Character sheet

Name: Solomon
Old Self Bio/Personality:Apathetic,Jaded and reclusive
He is an ex Iraq war vet that was one of the first in but was later crippled by an IED at the tail end of the war and his legs were mangled and was honorably discharged with a Purple Heart and other Medals but was not provided further support due to his Family being dead and ended up on the streets of New York.

New appearance/monster self:
at 10'2

Powers/Abilities:Extreme Regeneration, power over different radiation, lesser creation (I.e able to create small things like glock,aks and bullets and other things of that size or smaller but has to be inanimate),perfect memory,expert level marksman, adept CQC, proficient strategist, Adept Engineer

Try posting to this thread: https://forum.questionablequesting.com/threads/monster-reincarnation-cyoa.6556/

Aaaand since this year is just full of bizarre shit, here's a heavy metal music video that seems to have been produced by the Azerbajian military. For... propaganda in their conflict with the Armenians? I have no clue.

It's pretty good. It's got a Sabaton feel to it.

Reminds of this from Starship Troopers 3

Reminds of this from Starship Troopers 3

In spirit, I suppose.

Actually, on the subject of Starship Troopers 3 - one thing that threw me for a loop was near the end, when its revealed that the intelligence chief left the Sky Marshal to die because he was an insane traitor, rather than out of a desire for power.

It wasn't until I watched Sargon's analysis of ST is that the Federation is actually the good guys. Even their propaganda is completely true. Admittedly I don't think that's what Paul Verhoven intended to make, but he accidentally depicted an honest government.

I was today years old when I learned that the phrase "pulling out all the stops" comes from organ music of all things. Because stops are the name for the plugs that restrict air from flowing through the pipes while playing the organ. By restricting the airflow to different pipes you can change how the music sounds. So by pulling out all the stops the wind is allowed to blow through the pipes unrestricted.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back