• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

General chat thread

Tanuki have been.... Bad.

Got a present for myself before birthday. Weeks before birthday.

It was a Tau hammerhead tank for 40k. Ish second tank.

High damage, stupid long range, and massive armor piercing.

Bii has yet to finish painting first hammerhead tank.

I have a chronic knee injury I got when I was a child. When I went to the pool today, I saw at least two swimmers who would qualify as pros. The mixture of envy and that ever-present-in-the-back-the-head-pain didn't mix well.
I can imagine.

There's little more effective than a combination of pain and a negative emotion to really spoil your mood.

Are those partially sung in a programming language, or were the subtitles merely intended to give that impression.
REON is basically a programming language. It's syntax is based on... C++ I think?

Basically, it's a really easy way to cast Song Magic, you program it and run it through the cielnotron. Easier than finding a Genome and synchronizing with it to sing in Emotional Song Pact.

Quoth the Wiki:

The REON-4213 Language is one of the two fictional languages employed in the Surge Concerto series. Unlike the Emotional Song Pact language, which despite its complex writing system still has several elements of a proper communicative language, the REON-4213 language is more similar to the programming languages used in Earth such as C++ or Javascript, though it uses a simpler syntax.

While its purpose is similar to that of Emotional Song Pact in that it is used for the casting of Song Magic, it is used instead for establishing a connection and inputting commands into the Cielnotrons through its AI, REON; to execute programs made for a G2-Tron, or to feed execution instructions to the Surge Concerto Terminal. All Songs that make use of this language and thus don't require the support of a Genom to be used, receive the name of ClassDrive Program in the case of the former, and Cieln in the case of the latter.[1]

Absolutely. Had it with that song and even more recently with this:
I didn't notice this.

Some of those points in the song still bring that feeling out in me, when the instrumentals build up to a climax and the vocals just perfectly take over."There's a feeling I get, when I look to the west.", "And as we wind on down the road, our shadows taller than our souls..."

That song remains among the finest pieces of music ever written, by my lights.

Yes

Just saw a documentary about Ted a moments ago. Satellit was the first song I really liked. I was nine when I heard it the first time. It would take a few years before I listened to his other songs (when I was younger I really hated music with singing in them). He's the only artist I like that way. Others only have one or two songs that I like.

And he died before I knew of him. I guess all things have to reach an end.

Yes

Just saw a documentary about Ted a moments ago. Satellit was the first song I really liked. I was nine when I heard it the first time. It would take a few years before I listened to his other songs (when I was younger I really hated music with singing in them). He's the only artist I like that way. Others only have one or two songs that I like.

And he died before I knew of him. I guess all things have to reach an end.
Do you know what it was about (beyond a satellite)

I was most assuredly not expecting those starting vocals, based on the opening.

Kudos yo whoever did those harsh, screamy vocals for actually being legible, whih is something people often seem to fail at, when singing in that style.

I was most assuredly not expecting those starting vocals, based on the opening.

Kudos yo whoever did those harsh, screamy vocals for actually being legible, whih is something people often seem to fail at, when singing in that style.
When I first heard this song, I had just finished watching all of PMMM.

I like the lyrics.

Do you know what it was about (beyond a satellite)
What it is about...? I know what the lyrics mean as I'm Swedish, and they are in Swedish.

But meaning. Being together, how the world is small and how the singer needs the warmth of the ones he sings "to".

Love, I guess.

Here's a quick and literal-ish translation done somewhat lazily

You, have stood by the horizon
You, have looked at the ocean if the earth was round
But all that you saw was a boat that disappeared
In the mist that rolled fourth

I, am not afraid of flying
I, as above the clouds heaven stands ajar
Like the earth and the moon we are drawn to each other
But hold me as hard as you can
I'm feeling like a

Satellite, satellite, Oooh