• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

General chat thread

Is it wrong to not have any opinions of my own and just go with what other people say? I do that with a lot of media.

Mostly out of curiosity what was the name of the default style before dumpster fire

The hell with the new look on this site?

Is godawful...

Did someome hacked QQ?

Better check those preferences as they said in previous posts

Edit: My god, that style was actually called dumpster fire

For anyone who wishes to know. The previous style was Light Responsive

Change it in preferences as Hyp3rB14d3 said.

Go to the top of the page and click in your profile tab

Last edited:

Is godawful...

Did someome hacked QQ?

You have no idea how much I appreciate this, literally saved my day

I don't know how to put it, but when I visited this site today, something seemed different.... I wonder what's happened? :p

It's a dumpster fire, that's what

Is godawful...

Did someome hacked QQ?

I'm more amazed I've somehow come across this post in a forum I have never visited (I'm on the fanfic forum only), and through the cognito hazard that is the dumpster fire styling

How do I change the category/section/thread names back? I got the style back but the categories are nonsense.

To be clear I want to be able to see creative writing and NSFW creative writing, not whatever categoty it's called now.

Last edited:
I reloaded the page and was NOT prepared for this. The first thing I thought was that there was a terrorist attack in America (like 9/11) and modders/hackers set it up because of that.

Actually it is a good 1st April joke

The background image would need to change, but this color set would be fine for a Halloween theme.

Good afternoon/night everyone. Where are the settings here to put everything back! I can't find them...

Good afternoon/night everyone. Where are the settings here to put everything back! I can't find them...
Look for something at the bottom left of the web page that has the term "style chooser" come up. It might be denoted by the style you are using, which can be Dumpster Fire, Light Responsive, Blackend, Dark Responsive, UI.X Dark, Flexile Dark, or a handful of other options.

Ever meet somebody who was so fucking cool that you immediately felt your self esteem drop?

I did today.

Never have I been more painfully aware of looking like Thrift Store Varys than I was today.

It really sucks when not only are they your superior in looks, they also share your interests and are better there too. It's really rough when even your specialty is overshadowed by a passive interest.

Having to change the tone of an in-progress snippet due to the planned backing soundtrack repeatedly putting myself to sleep, due to being too soothing.

Such an entertainingly idiotic mishap.

(Add: 5 attempts were made before tone had to be changed. 1 incident of Android-on-face occurred.)

Earthquake in the NYC metro area today.

Technically centered in some irrelevant part of New Jersey and magnitude 4.8.

For me it was like a noisy truck was out on the street, and then also someone was running on the roof, and then the whole building was swaying for a few seconds. No broken dishes or windows. People outside on the street talking loudly about "Was that an earthquake?"

Quite unexpected for this region.

20240408_134140.jpg

Managed to take this on my phone when it happened and the clouds were outta the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back