• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

General chat thread

So I found this Touhou Tabletop RPG like, a week ago and I was wondering if I should convert the mechanics into a Quest considering it would probably be too much effort to either run a TRPG. Any thoughts?

Don't know why I'm suggesting this here.

So I found this Touhou Tabletop RPG like, a week ago and I was wondering if I should convert the mechanics into a Quest considering it would probably be too much effort to either run a TRPG. Any thoughts?

Don't know why I'm suggesting this here.
What are the mechanics like?

What are the mechanics like?

As I don't have the rule book on hand at the moment the most I can say is that is utilizes a grid-based Danmaku combat system.

The whole thing is like, seventy pages plus it has a whole lot of pretty art which distracted me. Plus, you know, modifying some of it for quest format...

I am quite aware of that function. I was merely bemused that you responded to a request for someone else to clarify what he meant with something that was clearly not what he meant. I asked in what sense it was "very well specific", which has nothing to do with what you said. You're free to comment on my dream - as you say, I did post it publically - but you might want to quote a more relevant post when doing so.

I was saying specific in the sense that it was very specific. Quite the details on it. Nothing more.

I was saying specific in the sense that it was very specific. Quite the details on it. Nothing more.
Well, I guess their being fat was specific, but the rest is kind of one idea (men trying to rape lesbians straight). And I mean I've posted as much or more detail in most of my other "I had a dream last night" posts.
I had a pretty terrifying dream the other night. I cheated at some computer game, so it went Earthbound on my arse and overwrote my save with one locked into a bad ending. Then it started corrupting my OS. Then it started somehow hacking my actual life into a horror show.

At that point, I realised it was a dream, but unlike what usually happens in my lucid dreams, I couldn't wake up. Or rather, when I tried, I had a false awakening. Then I tried again, with the same result. Repeat. Repeat. At one point upon getting out of my dream bed I was attacked by my dad wielding a table knife, which is three kinds of nonsense. Eventually I managed to wake up for real, though I still couldn't get out of bed. Fuck depression.

Re: themes
I use Dark Responsive (Green). Honestly, it was just the first one I picked at random that was light-on-dark. Now that I've tried it, though, I agree with TheBleachDoctor that Flexile Dark is a bit similar to (the Flexile-Dark-derived) Flexile Space on SV; since I'm under threat of permaban there, I'm probably better off not getting confused.

This morning I had a dream which ended with someone trying to prove a moral point by cutting a baby's head off with a circular saw.

I blame They Bleed Pixels.

Ow, the literal edge.

Had another interesting night.

Dreamt about Saya no Uta having more endings in which Fuminori freaks out after Saya eats Oumi and she either lets him go or kills him. Then it transitioned into me as a kid trying to run away from my mother and her trying to break my neck (nb: my mother wouldn't actually do that; when I ran away in RL she barely cared). Woke up in a sitting position, attempting to fight my bed.

Then I dreamt X-Com: Terror from the Deep had an FPS mode. As often happens in dreams, it was significantly more immersive than FPS games really are. I ran out of ammo while frantically trying to gun down a Tentaculat, and couldn't get my melee weapon to work.

Yandere conquers all?

Another night, another nightmare about my mother. Another nightmare about my mother which ended with me murdering her.

I tell myself that dreams are unrestrained id and don't really happen so I shouldn't feel ashamed or worried about what I do in them. I don't know if I believe myself.

Dream: I'm in a relationship with a girl, let's call her K, and we have sex every now and then. One night at home, while I'm playing Stars! on my computer in bed by myself, my mother comes into my room and demands to sleep in my (double) bed with me. I continue playing Stars!, but the sound effects wake up my mother, who is angry at me. I turn the volume down to its minimum, but it continues to wake her up. There is a phone next to my bed, and at some point in all this it gets bumped and speed-dials K, who picks up very tired and cranky since she was asleep. My mother becomes even more upset finding out that I set the phone to speed-dial K, and starts talking about how she's going to cut off my internet, steal my computer and abandon me to starve. I go berserk. I grab a rope (from where? IDK), tie it around my mother's neck, loop it over a hook on the wall, and yank, killing her (and breaking the rope; I didn't stop yanking). I "wake up".

False awakening: I wake up in my bed, upset over what just happened "in the dream". I express myself by picking up a glass on my bedside table and crushing it. Then I realise that that wasn't very smart, and I make my way to my aunt's room (let's call her L) to tell her what a stupid thing I just did. She's sympathetic. Then I wake up, this time for real.

Reality: K is an acquaintance of mine from university, but although I did find her attractive I wasn't spectacularly interested in pursuing a relationship at that time (at least, not with her). I'm actually a virgin. I don't keep a phone next to my bed, and never use speed-dials. I used to live with my mother, though I slept in a separate, single bed. She's a very light sleeper and waking her up by accident with my alarm clock really was something she used to yell at me about. She's always been very leery about letting me play on computers, and confiscated it at the slightest provocation for very long periods; heck, even after I ran away from her and went to boarding school she had the staff confiscate it every night (pretty humiliating in front of the rest of the students...). Starving me she's done. Abandoning me is a little more complicated; she did leave me behind in another state when she went home once, but that appeared to be the result of recklessness rather than intention (we'd been staying with her father - my grandfather - and I wasn't quite packed when the taxi came to take us to the airport. She threatened to leave me behind if I wasn't ready quickly enough, and much to my and my grandfather's surprise actually did so, getting in the taxi and leaving by herself. Apparently she had intended my grandfather to take me to the airport himself, but she didn't actually tell either of us that. Twelve hours or so later, in the evening, after I'd spent the whole day crying my eyes out, she showed up again - she had boarded the plane home without checking to see if I was on it as well, and had had to catch a plane back. She blamed us for not following her, but I think it's pretty clear who fucked up there) and while she made very overt moves to get rid of me later (calling up my father, "Come pick up [m9m's name], I don't want him anymore") he talked her out of it every time (and there were at least a dozen times, possibly twenty). As I mentioned above, eventually I ran away from her (only wish I'd done it two years earlier), and at the moment I do indeed live with L (my father died while I was still boarding), and sleep in a double bed (which, again, I have to myself). The worst thing I've ever deliberately done to my mother is wrestle her away from a phone (she was attempting to call the police, to have me arrested - for throwing my doona on her head and attempting to topple a bookcase (not onto her, just to make a mess) - and I panicked), and I certainly have no intention of murdering her (everything else aside, there would be no point; the damage is done). The glass I pictured in the false awakening really is sitting on my bedside table, but I didn't really crush it.

I live agai-oh fuck me I still have this as my Avii?

Speaking of dreams I had one good-ish dream last night.
I'm exploring a beautiful ancient city, there were mountains, forest and jumbled colors.
Then suddenly it somehow turned into a common sexy dream.
oh and songspam

I live agai-oh fuck me I still have this as my Avii?
I'm getting reeeally sick of mine, to be honest. I just haven't come across anything that fits in a while.

(The criterion is "endings that are good in a weird way". Among those I've used are Together, Forever from Ib, Inubushi Keiko's special scene in Remember11, the True Hero ending from Monster Girl Quest, the Yuumi good ending (Saki variant) from Yandere, the good ending of Eversion, and my current avatar - the ending of Diamond in the Rough.)

EDIT: WAIT. Yes, I have come across something that fits, I just failed to think of it in this context. Changing momentarily...

Last edited:
Had a weird dream last night. I vaguely recall Exalted, symphony orchestras, and formatting mistakes being involved. In any case, at the end I was riding on a bus with my old Head of Year and some other students and she was being annoying. At that point I realised I was dreaming, so I punched her in the face and jumped out of the bus in order to splat and wake up.

Today I learned that I'm even worse at communicating than I thought I was.

Had a weird dream last night. I vaguely recall Exalted, symphony orchestras, and formatting mistakes being involved. In any case, at the end I was riding on a bus with my old Head of Year and some other students and she was being annoying. At that point I realised I was dreaming, so I punched her in the face and jumped out of the bus in order to splat and wake up.

Weird. Yesterday I had a dream where I was a bounty hunter/assassin sort of figure, and I was hunting myself down. It was crazy as fuck.

the good ending of Eversion

I loved that ending and I loved that game.

Weird. Yesterday I had a dream where I was a bounty hunter/assassin sort of figure, and I was hunting myself down. It was crazy as fuck.
tRPqIMc.png

Some good advice for you

Today I learned that I'm even worse at communicating than I thought I was.

I loved that ending and I loved that game.

tRPqIMc.png

Some good advice for you
Now I'm reminded of the time my sociopathic split personality realised that it couldn't do anything too far out of line or my main personality would commit suicide.

Now I'm reminded of the time my sociopathic split personality realised that it couldn't do anything too far out of line or my main personality would commit suicide.
Wow, I never knew that you had disassociative identity disorder. When did this alternate personality of yours first come to your attention?

Wow, I never knew that you had disassociative identity disorder. When did this alternate personality of yours first come to your attention?
I don't. I have one name and one set of memories. Just two personalities. And the minor one has been dormant for a long time, because the circumstances that necessitated it are, thankfully, no longer present.

It was about 3 years ago that I figured out the pattern; the split probably started about 10-11 years ago, but I didn't connect the dots until much more recently. It was actually the minor personality that figured it out; cue the realisation I mentioned in my above post.

I don't even know if "split personality" is the right term, TBH; it also fits the profile of a manic phase.

Last edited:
...Let me guess, it involved your mother?
Yeah.

I'm a fairly stubborn and rebellious sort of person, as you may have noticed. Unfortunately, when dependent on a misandrist for food and shelter, this proved somewhat maladaptive. As did being autistic when dependent on someone who refuses to accept the diagnosis (the absent-mindedness, in particular, she wrote off as laziness). The other me is on maximum alert 100% of the time and is pragmatic enough to surrender under coercion rather than digging in my heels. Proooobably not a coincidence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back