1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

General World of Darkness Discussion Thread QQ Edition

Discussion in 'General' started by Maragas, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Repentant_Dragos

Repentant_Dragos Versed in the lewd.

I still won't lie. The fact that the Ascension War occured because the Order of Hermes forgot they actually cared about France for a moment is just lol-worthy.

tem345 likes this.
  2. SerpentEmperor

SerpentEmperor Not too sore, are you?

I want to let you know that I appreciate you helping me write this. I also appreciate everyone in this thread for helping me do it.

2500 words so far.

I got another question to ask. When it comes to showing a change from a Humanity rating of 4 to to a Humanity rating of 5 what becomes the clear differences?

What would be a good way to show that an Elder Tzimisce and an Elder Ventrue have a good relationship with an elder Toreador?

The Toreador I'm writing has known both these vampires since he and they were Neonates. As a result whilst they do come from different clans and come into conflict the three of them have a good relationship with the Toreador.
    To the point where they're willing to teach them their claim disciplines for a price and trade.
    How would I show this? Or it's ramifications?

Last edited: Dec 25, 2022
    tem345 likes this.
  3. Lucidum

Lucidum Verifiably Bored

The Dream would be a pretty good start, and any Vampire who has some knowledge of Vampiric History during the Dark Ages could make some basic correlations.

tem345, SerpentEmperor and shadowdice like this.
  4. gereh

gereh I trust you know where the happy button is?

Actively showing that a Tzimisce is on good terms with someone can be tricky as they tend to be polite to everyone, following their own rules of conduct when hosting visitors or visiting others. If the Toreador is an artist, a easy way could be to have their art displayed in the tzimisce haven, tzimisce have a very "my home, my castle" style of thinking and displaying something for everyone to see can have a lot symbolic meaning. Especially if it is in a room that they are regularly hosting guests.

How do you know a Ventrue is one good terms with you? Same way as a Lasombra ... You don't. If you haven't blood bonded them expect them to stab you in the back. That said you don't really need to be on good relationship with a ventrue for them to teach you, you just have to make them a good offer in most cases.

tem345 and SerpentEmperor like this.
  5. SerpentEmperor

Thanks so much for this. I'm slowly chipping away at my fanfiction whilst at my parents house, which doesn't have an AC and avoiding people cause I don't want people to find out I write incest.

But seriously thank you.

My daily questions today are the following:
    1. How would you show a Vampire having a luxurious home in Kyoto, Japan during the Taisho period?
      1. Context. This is the main home of my Elder Vampire with Four dots in Resources. He lives in Kyoto hence why he doesn't visit the family a lot, it's over 400 kilometres away.
    2. What kind of jobs do you think Tanjirou could take for this Elder Vampire to earn a bit of money whilst demon slaying as well?
      1. A few odd jobs here and there that Tanjirou could take to buy gifts for Nezuko. He does want to feel like a man and her man. And Tanjirou Ideal of masculinity is to protect and provide for her. Even if she is an badass immortal Vampire.

tem345 likes this.
  6. Repentant_Dragos

It's not catching on in SB as well, sadly. Then again, my fanfic's quality matters more than popularity, although it still hurts to not have readers.

Is there any way you can help?

7. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

You put SFW in the thread title on a SFW site

8. Repentant_Dragos

You mean NSFW site?

Edit: Oh.

9. gereh

That the one thing everyone tells themselves "I don't care if people like it, I do it for myself" but let's be real we all also would prefer it if people liked it and we got more likes/clicks/views. Sadly for you, quality of a fic isn't (always) proportional to it success. I mean I'm a horrible write, in so far that I'm only really interested in "world building" and not so much in actually "story telling", so when I write a story it always has weird pacing because I go on a tangent and explain some weird world building in the middle of it, but somehow I still got some interaction on them. God knows how. (Oh yeah also my grammar sucks, but I hope the correction software catches the errors.)

I don't know how, sadly. I'm not a writer per se, even when I talk about being a "creator" I'm more talking about my experience making mods. So if you ever made a skyrim mod and try to make it popular I will have ideas for you. I just don't think those tips will apply to writing as well. I mean some things will, like have a "catchy title" people will remember, because they may not click the story the first time they see it, but if they see it again multiple times and remember the name they will get curious (I guess that just "branding" now that I think about it) Have a nice formated "first page" because before people start reading anything they will already judge the story by just looking at the layout (But you already seem to have this down)-

Also definitely you should put the story in your signature, because the more often people "see it" the more likely they are to click on it. (Yeah I know stupid branding/marketing talk, but those people know how to "sell" stuff)

But yeah you may be should ask someone who is actually a good and/or successful if they have ideas or something. I honestly don't know why anyone reads anything I write, maybe people just have trash tastes?

tem345 and Repentant_Dragos like this.
  10. SerpentEmperor

I appreciate everyone's help so far. So I got a question to ask.

For an Elder Vampire Ventru with 5 on the Humanity rating what should they look like compared to a regular human?

I know the higher you go the more human you look. So jow should 5 effect your appearance?

11. Repentant_Dragos

What about posting on the fic's threads on either QQ or SB and/or recommending it to your own fans?

12. gereh

It's less about appearance in the sense of "how they look" and more about how they act. And in the case were it is about the looks it's more about them not "grooming" themselves anymore, which is a very un-ventru thing to do, so you don't have to worry about that. In general it's more how they "hold" themselves, there is the clear "predator" aura coming from vampires with lower humanity (or even animalistic on the really low ones). For humanity 5 I would say that there seems to be an "edge underneath" like the way they sit or the way they hold themselves, even when relaxed there is something in there posture that unmistakably screams predator (there are also humans who have this, so yeah you probably would tell them as a vamp from just looking at them).

I don't think I have fans, honestly. And I don't have a SB account... I can post something on here, but I'm not sure if that helps much, but than again any traffic is good traffic when it comes down to it.

13. Repentant_Dragos

Thanks! And any traffic is good traffic, yes.

14. SerpentEmperor

Thanks a lot. I'm making steady progress on my story. 3950 words so far written.

My 407 year old Ventrue Vampire has turned Nezuko into a newborn Ventrue vampire. He did it after knocking tanjirou out and seeing Nezuko defend her brother and even stop herself from eating him even when he commanded it to.

That made him realize a bit that what he just did was a bit messed up and promise himself to do better next time. So his Humanity rating haw now increased from 4 to a 5.

I did this by showing a bit of colour returning to his face and a bit of oddness disappearing from his mannerism.

At the present I'm at an exposition scene where he's talking to Tanjirou now and explaining what Vampires are. There is clearly a bit of distance and Tanjiro feels uneasy around him but he is helping. Yet he's still got a rating of 5. And his demeanour is an idealist, though his attitude is a Director.

The man is promising to take Nezuko away to turn her into a "Proper Ventrue Vampire Mistress" but he is promising Tanjirou that he will have the "right to say goodbye whilst he's conscious ". And he will ensure that nothing happens to him when he does say goodbye.

How would a Humanity of 5 show throughout this scene?

tem345 likes this.
  15. gereh

First, I'm a bit sad she isn't a Tzimisce anymore as they are my favourite clan. I know there will be a Tzimisce Elder in the story and I hope he will be the best character in it, if not I will be a bit sad.

I think it's enough to have the distant and having Tanjirou feel uneasy around the elder. Any Ventrue would probably have enough interaction with humans to know how to not be "creepy" (unless they wanted to do the whole "rule by fear" thing) or something like that, so a undertone of uneasiness that he can't really tell where it comes from seems to fir quite well.

Also why is the elder separating them? I would assume he would take Tanjirou and train him as a Retainer for his newest child (or at least have one of his own train him), getting them young and already loyal is a good start after all.

16. Repentant_Dragos

Thanks, by the way!

Although note that I was under the impression you'd look at the SFW version (the original one) of my fic first...

17. SerpentEmperor

Yeah. Unfortunately I decided to go with Ventrue because it can easily justify why Nezuko doesn't need to eat humans.

She can drink from her brother. So she wants both his B and D.
    ;):oops:

But the point is to make it like this because I'm going to follow the statistics of canon, for the first couple of arcs, then branch out from there since I don't want to be like all those other authors who can't explore their setting further.

Bur right now the Vampire is separating ror their safety. And I also want to have a reunion sex scene.

So that's why.

tem345 likes this.
  18. gereh

That why you should have it in your signature (which you have by now), I was going through your profile to find the thread. So that the one I found.
    I mean she could also drink from him (exclusively) as a Tzimisce, but it wouldn't be such a big deal, if she can always drink from everyone she wants and the Tzimisce curse is a big drawback for a story that happens "on the road".

That's a very good reason.

SerpentEmperor likes this.
  19. Repentant_Dragos

Oh, sorry about that.

And yeah, I put it in my sig.

20. SerpentEmperor

Like I needed to have my Elder Vampire and clan tick all the boxes here:

PROPERTIESTOREADORVentrueTzimisce
    Relatively high humanity for age or on path of humanityYesYesNo
    Good Social SkillsYesYesYes
    High in Fortitude easilyNoYesNo
    Good in a FightYesYesYes
    Good lookingYesYes
    Maybe
    Easy to show in smut or seduce her brotherYesYes
    Yes
    Easy to justify as good alignedYesYes
    No
    As a result the best I could get or pick was Ventrue here. So that's where I'm going. Now if you can justify any other picks or characteristics I can consider I'm all ears.

You mind giving your feedback Maragas?

Last edited: Dec 29, 2022
    tem345 and gereh like this.
  21. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

A thing to remember is that not all vampires fit the clan stereotype for behavior

and Diablerie is a hell of a drug for disciplines

22. gereh

Don't let me bully you into making changes to your story. I like Tzimisce and dislike Ventrue, so I'm veeeery biased.

That said, who needs Fortitude when they can have Vicissitude "Inner Mastery" and "Horrid Form"? And high humanity is just a "personal thing" it doesn't depend on the clan, just because most Tzimisce are on other paths doesn't mean everyone has to be (most Ventrue are on the "Road of Kings" anyway), that said I think he starts with 4 humanity? That's not high humanity.

Edit: Also if a Tzimisce isn't good looking, it's by their choice, after all (most of them) can alter their appearance to be whatever they want.

23. SerpentEmperor

As I said here and in the demon slayer thread I'm having a hard time picking between Toreador, Tzimisce and Ventru. The goal is to make Nezuko a Vampire who's hot for brother.

But it's a bit hard.

The older Vampire I've written here is a 2029 year old Vampire who's also Ventru and this one of the reasons why I also had Nezuko and my OC be Ventrues as well. But like I said here and elsewhere I'm open to suggestions until I actually publish the first chapter then it's set in stone.

I want to make the oldest Methuselah in the story basically the informal head of all vampires in taisho Japan and can actually force Muzan to come to them if needed.

But doing so would be like the Witcher 3 scene when talking to the elder vampire. One wrong move and they'll kill you.

So that leaves Ventrue or Tzimisce.

PROPERTIES TOREADOR Ventrue Tzimisce
    Relatively high humanity for age or on path of humanity Yes Yes No
    Good Social Skills Yes Yes Yes
    High in Fortitude easily No Yes No
    Good in a Fight Yes Yes Yes
    Good looking Yes Yes
    Maybe
    Easy to show in smut or seduce her brother Yes Yes
    Yes
    Easy to justify as good aligned Yes Yes
    No
    Oldest Methuselah who can informally be neutral? MAYBE Yes Yes.

So that's why.

How would you write a 2029 year old Tzimisce Methuselah?

I want to write a 2029 year old Methuselah who's in charge of about 50 to 60 other vampires which they've sired and is the older Vampire in taisho Japan.

I'm not sure where to go from there other than to show that they're callous compared to the more humane and nicer Elder Tzimisce, talking to them is close to suicide unless your careful and that even Muzan fears them.

Other than that I got nothing.

Also how should a Vampire with a Humanity rating of 4 or 5 treat there Blood Dolls?

https://forum.questionablequesting.com/threads/demons-and-lovers-of-flesh-and-blood.20773/

Story and poll start

Last edited: Dec 29, 2022
    tem345 likes this.
  24. SerpentEmperor

There seems ro be an even sit between Toreador and Tzimisce for my fic.

Also if you had to add two more people to be part of the three women in Tanjiro's harem who would you pick?

Last edited: Dec 30, 2022
    tem345 likes this.
  25. SerpentEmperor

Do question here.

How should various groups feel when interacting with the three Toreador Vampires in Demon Slayer?

1. 2029 Year Old Methuselah Toreador of Japan. Has a Humanity rating of 3. He was the first Toreador Vampire of Japan and was turned by a Barbarian from outside Japan. Has eight dots in multiple disciplines Attitude and Demeanour is Traditionalist and architect
    2. 407 year old Elder Toreador Vampire of Japan. My OC ANd HAS a Humanity rating of 5. Was turned by the above Methuselah and is one of 50 or 60 Toreador Vampirs which can trace their descent back to said Methuselah. Has six dots in multiple disciplines. Attitude and Demeanour is Director and Idealist
    3. 2 year old Nezuko, Tanjirou sister and one of the protagonistS of story. Was turned into a Toreador by the above Elder Vampire. Currently will have two dots in one discipline in the next chapter. Humanity rating of 7 throughout the story. Attitude Demeanour to canon for now.
    Given all the above information how do you think the various following groups should feel when interacting with either of the Toreadors:

1. Regular Humans
    2. Tanjirou
    3. Demon Slayers
    4. Non Elder Vampires of other clans
    5. Elder Vampires of other clans
    6. Non Elder Toreador Vampires
    7. Elder Toreador Vampires
    8. Most Demons
    9. Kizuki
    10. Muzan himself
    Like how should everyone feel around either Vampires?

26. SerpentEmperor

How do you think the Demon Slayer Corps should feel when interacting with the Carmilla? Especially the Toreador Clan?

The reason why is because as of the first chapter published Nezuko is now a Fledging Toreador Vampire with all that it entails.

On one hand the Toreador Clan is the most "human" of the Vampires. And Vampires aren't Demons. In fact some are in opposition to Muzan who the Carmilla sees as a bustard offshore of a Tzimisce Vampire.

On the other hand the Toreador Clan is led by a 2029 year old Methuselah who is very jaded to see the least, sees most humans as a combination of intelligent Cattle and furniture on the best days. Plus Vampires are still man eating and blood sucking beasts at least. He has a Humanity rating of 3.

"Monsters we may be and etc".

So in essence you have a good, bad and evil trip here.

The Demon Slayer are obviously good and do have some Vampire allies that doe genuinely help them and try their best. Rokkaku is one of them. The same thing with some Ancillae, and a lot of more human Vampires. Fledgling and Neonates with a Humanity rating of 8 or higher are part of this group. Ancilla with a Humanity rating of 7 or higher and elders with a Humanity rating of 6 or higher are here as well.

On the other hand the bulk of the Vampires are the bad. They're not as evil as the Demon's. But they are things that feed on humans and do want to basically keep up the Masquerade. A few of the Demon's fit into this category.

And then there's the evil which are basically 90% of Demons under Muzans control. And they have a few Vampires helping them as well. Though it's just in the beginning phases.

It is interesting. Anyone got any ideas on how the major clans could mesh with the Demon's of Muzan or the demon slayer Corps?

27. SerpentEmperor

I've written my first chapter of my fic and will have Nezuko meet her Elder Toreadors Vampires Blood Dolls in a few chapters.
    As he had an Elder Vampire he has a set of 15 Blood Dolls which he feeds onto keep the beast at bay. It works relatively well and despite being 407 years old he's maintained a Humanity rating f of 5.
    Meanwhile Nezuko is at a Humanity rating of 7 or 8 throughout the story and will also get a few Blood Dolls.
    And finally the Toreadors Methuselah we meet had nearly 100 Blood Dolls of which they feed on. But he has a Humanity rating of 3.
    Given this how should the Blood Dolls be treated at each level?

28. Repentant_Dragos

I need help ensuring that the FGO Crossover in my fanfic is done with respect for both FGO and CofD. Is anyone willing to help make certain Kirstachia Wodime from Fate/Grand Order is in-character in this snippet?

Chapter Eight: Crossover

Erisse obviously knew already; she was friends with Prometheus/Wodime for a reason. As for myself, I guessed it sometime after our first meeting, probably when he and Erisse offered to help. Also, I had fun watching Leon’s face grow red with mixed anger and worry before my brother exclaimed:

“Fate/Grand Order is fictional in this world as well as ours’ - This Crypter knows what he did just as well as we do!”

Before I had a chance to monologue and exposit in my head about what exactly was a ‘Crypter’, Leon pulled on the collar of my jacket and dragged my face to just a few inches away from his own before he howled out, “Daniel, he nearly destroyed his own timeline and gambled with the future of Humanity just because ‘Proper Human History’ wasn’t going his way! Just because he found an organization whose official goals are for the Awakening and subsequent uplifting of Humanity to join with does not mean that he is satisfied with this timeline’s history and won’t repeat his mistakes!”

Prometheus cleared his throat and looked at Leon and said, “You do realize that I’m here, right? If you really wanted to act on your suspicions, you wouldn’t have publicly ranted about them where I can hear, so it is clear you just want to make a point towards your brother so as to warn him of the consequences of associating with someone who courts the level of danger I do.”

Leon glared at him and said, “Take care of my brother when mentoring him. If I hear that you hurt him in any way, I will make what you suffered in your original universe seem like a bed of roses in comparison.”

Then something occurred to me, “Wait a second, Zeltretch isn’t a troll, despite his common fandom characterization - Why would he have transported your soul to this universe?”

My new mentor had the nerve to grin and say, his eyes looking away guiltily as he whistled a tune before saying, “...He didn’t. In fact, he loudly objected to my soul going anywhere before Razi convinced him it was for the best interests of our world. Porthos Fitz-Empress from the Old World of Darkness helped in the diplomacy as well…”

Welp, the stakes just got higher…

KonradC likes this.
  29. SerpentEmperor

How should an Elder Toreador Vampire, my OC, be training Nezuko, a Fledging Toreador Vampire, to prevent her from becoming feral and such?

I'm actually asking everyone here. That's why.

tem345 likes this.
  30. tem345

tem345 Not too sore, are you?

new episode up. Intereting Big D mentions the kisyd and rokea