1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Hench4Life (Henchman Riot Quest)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by We Just Write, Apr 8, 2021.

1. DIT_grue

DIT_grue lurker

Can I suggest that you should rethink this, since our Villain has already done something better that it would presumably conflict with?

Ajlove, Sirrocco and We Just Write like this.
  2. Extras: Igor's Introduction (Canon Omake)
    Sirrocco

Sirrocco Tiny but ambitious squid

Why yes. Yes you can!

Err... thank you.

And now I nee a new plan. Okay. I can come up with a new plan.

Well... sort of.

/**************/

Igor was eager. His first day on the job! Time to start finding little problems to fix before they became big problems. The Masters always forgot things. Always. It was the way. So... money? It was really shocking how many of the masters and mistresses out there just ignored the contents of their purse.

Nope. That got taken care of. Apparently it had been one of her first priorities. Well, that was nice. She'd also already asked for research on the local heroes? Well, that was certainly... sensible. A sensible mistress was a good thing, right? Wait! Aha! He looked through the list of tasks, past and present. She'd had them move into an empty storefront! That might last for a few weeks or even a month or two, but if minions and henchmen keep moving in and out of a "deserted" storefront, it would quickly become quite obvious, and then once those heroes started actually looking it would surely get quite ugly. She hadn't thought to tell anyone to work on making the place blend in better. That was it! That was the thing he'd fix! He had this great idea for a private club and everything.

...and then he got there. To the thriving garden supply store. For a moment, he was almost appalled. She hadn't assigned discretion improvement to the henchmen because she'd just taken care of it herself.

That... but... but....

A sensible mistress was a good thing. A rare blessing. To be cherished. His parents would be so happy to hear it.

Igor's shoulders slumped. He went to the list of standing orders, and just looked for the one that he thought he'd be most useful for.

He could find some way to demonstrate his lateral thinking later. Next month, maybe.

[X] Build a Room!
    -[X] Select Base: Paris Storefront
    -[X] Select Type: Spore Growth Room

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
  3. We Just Write

We Just Write Blatantly Plural

H: Just so everyone knows, there is a specific strategic reason for Morgane to be in Paris in particular. I wonder if you can figure out what it is?

4. Scott

Scott Getting sticky.

Is it for access to French truffles which could be used to cultivate spores?

Ajlove likes this.
  5. We Just Write

C: Well, it's definitely for access to something French. Not the truffles though. It's the empire. Morgane wants the French Empire.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
    LuckyShadowWolf likes this.
  6. LuckyShadowWolf

LuckyShadowWolf You want me to say something? Alright. GET! OUT!

Well I was going to guess that She had a plan to either "persuade" or "seduce" Marius in some manner to gain increased access to his source of spores and his access to the Ghost tech. But upon further review of the above quote I realized she is following in the footsteps of Napoleon!

hellbolo, We Just Write and Ajlove like this.
  7. We Just Write

Vote Tally : Hench4Life (Henchman Riot Quest) | Page 2 | Questionable Questing [Posts: 44-62]
    ##### NetTally 3.1.4
    [X] Build a Room!
    -[X] Select Base: Paris Storefront
    -[X] Select Type: Spore Growth Room
    No. of Votes: 3
    [X] Blackshard
    [X] Scott
    [X] Sirrocco

[X] Improve a Base
    -[X] Paris Storefront
    -[X] Size
    No. of Votes: 2
    [x] DIT_grue
    [x] Megaolix

[X] Michael Delaney
    No. of Votes: 2
    [x] Philospher
    [X] Blackshard

[X] Case Marius' residence by preaching around his neighborhood and taking note of gossip and the layout of the residence.
    No. of Votes: 1
    [X] Philospher

[X] Design Equipment
    -[X] Clockwork automation for Spore Room Growth/Production
    [X] LuckyShadowWolf

[X] Jiminy Longarm
    [x] DIT_grue

[X] Padraig "Paddy" O'Keen
    [X] Whitecap

[X] Run Interference
    -[X] Casing Marius's Residence. Use innate Hooliganism to attract attention away from the operation. Nothing that could land serious jail time but enough to be a nuisance.
    [X] Whitecap

[X] Steve Black
    [X] Scott

[X] write in: put a fanzy hat on ve boszz's head!
    [X] hellbolo

Total No. of Voters: 9

Formatting...

Who gets buffed?
    -Michael Delaney (Whitecap)
    -Their action for this turn has been canceled due to being in recovery.

Action 1: Build a Spore Growth Room in the Paris Storefront.
    Blackshard
    Scott
    Sirrocco

Action 2: Embiggerate the Paris Storefront
    DIT_grue
    Megaolix

Action 3: Case Marius' Residence
    Philosopher

Action 4: Design Automated Spore Growth Room
    LuckyShadowWolf

Action 5: Get Morgane a Fancy Hat
    hellbolo
    We Just Write rolled 1 die of 100 faces, total: 95
    For: Action 1
    Rolled on: April-24-2021, 09:49pm

We Just Write rolled 1 die of 100 faces, total: 5
    For: Action 2

We Just Write rolled 1 die of 100 faces, total: 22
    For: Action 3

We Just Write rolled 1 die of 100 faces, total: 77
    For: Action 4

We Just Write rolled 1 die of 100 faces, total: 41
    For: Action 5

Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
  8. hellbolo

hellbolo Not too sore, are you?

*concern* please tell us we actually managed it

Ajlove likes this.
  9. Scott

Scott Getting sticky.

Well with rolls like these... someone getting punished. sure hoping it not me considering my action likely passed

Ajlove likes this.
  10. Sirrocco

Sirrocco Tiny but ambitious squid

Well, if I'm reading right...
    - Building the spore room passed with flying colours.
    - Expanding the base went... not well.
    - Enhancement probably went pretty poorly too. Not as bad as it could have, but not great.
    - Casing the residence went... quite well, really, in spite of having no interference run for it.
    - Designing Equipment (in support of the spore room) went okay.

So... the two things that the boss actually assigned us to went pretty well. The augmentation did not go so hot. Hopefully nothing terrible is coming out of the sewers to eat us.

11. Blackshard

Blackshard ~

Not sure how you're reading that; there doesn't seem to have been a roll for the aug. The actions were:
    Action 1: Build a Spore Growth Room in the Paris Storefront. (95 +25 skill; likely crit success)
    Action 2: Embiggerate the Paris Storefront (5 +15 skill; possible crit fail?)
    Action 3: Case Marius' Residence (22 +10 skill; bad, possible consequences due to lack of cover?)
    Action 4: Design Automated Spore Growth Room (77 +10 skill; good roll)
    Action 5: Get Morgane a Fancy Hat (41 +5 skill; meh)

So great work on the spores, plausibly plus some extra clockwork buff, since the research bit also worked out well. Dangerous result on the renovations, likely bad. Possible consequences due to the low roll and lack of cover for the espionage. Hat-buying had a 'meh' result instead of an amazing result... but this *is* Paris, which means that it's probably easier to get a fashionable hat than it is elsewhere. It's just not an amazing hat.

12. LuckyShadowWolf

LuckyShadowWolf You want me to say something? Alright. GET! OUT!

Don't forget that with how prevalent hats are to everyday fashion in this time period that means the initial. DC for the action should be lesser cause of the ease and wide spread selection of hats! Or it might be if I'm understanding how I Just Write figures out the possible DC's. Also I just realized we're missing a healer based minion! Hint, hint. Nudge nudge; to any potential new players!

Ajlove likes this.
  13. We Just Write

H: Update's probably going to be delayed a little while; academic schedule suddenly got a lot more cramped.

14. LordNecromancer

LordNecromancer Getting sticky.

• Once more, do not necro. This is against Rule 7.
    Player: LordNecromancer
    Name: Titus Mancini
    Profession: Mechanic/Mafia Member
    Brief: Born in Old Italia, Titus moved to Paris to both find a better paying job and to flee the destruction of the mafia family he had previously run with.

15. We Just Write

C: Well, you're certainly living up to your username.

LordNecromancer likes this.
  16. LordNecromancer

LordNecromancer Getting sticky.

Oh sorry is this dead?