• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Hereditas Daemonica [Shin Megami Tensei X DxD] (DEAD)

Introspective Tinkerer said:
But the connection to the Amala Network was just reopened, why would such in depth things already be taking place? That crap was centuries or decades in the making, I'd be surprised if any demons actually even know that there's an untapped world open again.

Hmm, well the Septentriones were basically Polaris' enforcers, right? Maybe YHVH (or one of his avatars) is planning to reestablish control, and decided to start with creating a beachhead by way of making things explode.

That's the thing, the avatar of YHVH of this world is dead. As is the Lucifer manifestation. This world was sealed by the winner of the last Conception, which Issei's transformation has blown wide open. Inhabitants of the Amala Network are eventually going find the world only after Louis is done with his business there. As you can guess Issei is part of that business. Until said business is done DxD world is safe from major demon incursions.

I wonder how the DxD Devils/Angels/Fallen will compare to the SMT Demons. Also, why has nobody made a Disgaea/DxD story?

When Ise left the room I walk in front of Koneko. With my hands on my sides and a stern expression I look down on the minute girl, who look away embarrassed. "Alright Koneko. Mind telling me why you're so cold with Ise?" It was like that since the day he joined. Ise often tried to be on good terms with her, but Koneko always reply with indifference and avoid him.

"...Dangerous."

My expression softens. "We already talked about this. I'm sure Ise didn't that consciously." I was surprised like the others when, while talking about the Fallen Angels, Ise started emitting killing intent. Very powerful intent: I hunted Stray Devils in the past, and what I felt from them wasn't even a fraction of what I felt from Ise. Yuuto told me he did the same thing while in class, it was a miracle the other students dismissed it as a product of their imagination. What is strange is that in both cases Ise wasn't aware of releasing killing intent. I since long concluded it's a characteristic of Ise's new body.

Ise is a good kid. Perverted beyond measures, but with good morals. It pains me when Koneko rejects him so strongly.

Koneko lowers her head and starts talking in a low whisper. "...When he changes...I..."

"When he changes? You mean when his characteristics come out? What about that?" It is indeed a fascinating process. I never heard of a race where the members look like humans with markings and a back horn. I thought it would make identifying it easier, but to my great frustration I am still on a dead point in my research. It's like whoever reincarnated Issei used a process never recorded before.

My Rook looks up at me, eyes showing uneasiness and...confusion? "...I feel like...if I'm not careful..." She gulps. "...My soul will be devoured."

Devouring the soul? Absurd. It's like saying Ise is now a monster geared to hunt and kill supernatural creatures, and that's just ridiculous.

The time of your reckoning is now. You better listen to that feeling or things are going to get uglier than they already will.
Which considering this is a SMT crossover says something.

It's two in the morning and, again, I am pedaling my bicycle at maximum speed.

My eyes are covered with tears. I'm crying. Yeah, I'm crying. I risk to crash into something if I go at maximum speed with my eyes full of tears, but fuck that. Not only I need to use my bicycle to deliver the leaflets, I also need to use it to reach the client's location.

What kind of Devil can't use a summoning magic-circle and need to travl with his bicycle to reach the client's location?!

Me. Because I'm not a Devil yet, I'm just a Temporary one. The road to get a peerage is long still...

I stop by a river to wash my face with water before resuming my travel. I'm not so messed up as to show myself on work with eyes red from crying.

Using the Devil's portable device as a guide I reach the place where the person who called me is. I find myself in an industrial area, full of fabrics and warehouses, located 40 minutes away from the school. I stop in front of one of such warehouses, the device telling me the client is here.

If it were a delivery service customers would get mad because of the late delivery. It's usually instant teleportation, but I made the client wait for 40 minutes.

Meh, not my fault. By how Bucho said it was clear this kind of situation was expected, so it's her fault for not giving me enough warning.

I knock on the door. "Good Evening! I'm an errand from the Devil Gremory-sama! Excuse me, but this is the place that summoned us right?" It should be okay with this.

The one who open the door is a middle aged, grizzled man wearing a worker's suit. He looks me up and down with clear disbelief. "This is the first time a Devil both arrive later and knock on the door. Son, are you pulling my leg?"

I bow in apology. "I'm very sorry! I'm not yet a Devil, just a Temporary one so I can't teleport yet. I got here as fast as I could." There, this should make less angry.

"First time I heard about temporary Devils."

"This is a special case: there are problems with me becoming a full-fledged Devil, so until they're resolved I do a Devil's job as training."

The Oji-san looks at my bicycle and scoffs in amusement. "Did you come here with that?"

"Ehi! Don't insult my bicycle! I endured a hell of two full weeks without buying a new eroge to buy it!"

I shamelessly say that.

In response the Oji-san laughs heartily. "Buahahaha! Oh, to be young and stupid!" Ohi! "Whatever, if you can do the job it's good enough. But if you want the full payment you better complete it before dawn, or I will lower it."

"No problem!" I reply with enthusiasm.

"I'm Yamazaki."

"Hyodo."

Yamazaki-san leads me inside the warehouses, which is filled with many crates. We are the only ones present. "So you come here in place of Koneko-chan?"

"Right. I'm sorry, but apparently that girl is popular with other clients as well."

"So even Devils are overworked at times? If they included stuff like this in the Bible it would have been a whole lot more interesting. Anyway." He raps his knuckles on a nearby crate. "Koneko-chan has superhuman strength, so I wanted her help to move those crates to a different place. Can you do it without mechanical help?"

She is? I learned something new about her. "I think so. But why do you need a Devil's help to move crates in the middle of the night?"

"Lack of money and a schedule to meet." He leans with his shoulder on a lift truck. "It's actually cheaper and faster to hire you Devils. Life is hard, and one need to adapt."

"As expected of a Oji-san: there is wisdom in your words!"

"Brat. Want me to kick your ass back to the pit that spawned you?"

"I will keep my mouth shut and get to work."

Rolling my shoulders a few time I grab both sides of a crate and pull up. There are some difficulties but nothing too serious, and in the end I lift it up over my shoulders.

"Uhm, so you weren't a waste of space. Good." Yamazaki-san sits on the lift truck and starts operating it. "Get to work son, we are a lot to do."

"Where do I need to bring this?"

"To a fabric one mile from there."

I stare at the fifty and more crates in the warehouse.

This will be a loooong night.

----

Is this believable enough?

Pretty sure that "peddle" means selling stuff, might want to check that. And hey, I can see something like this happening.

I have a dilemma. SMT Angels (the demon Angel) have a Weakness to Dark/Death and Resistance to Light/Expel. How should I handle Fallen Angels? Remove Resistance to Light?

Alexander said:
I have a dilemma. SMT Angels (the demon Angel) have a Weakness to Dark/Death and Resistance to Light/Expel. How should I handle Fallen Angels? Remove Resistance to Light?

DxD angels are canonically still biologically angels. Other than the change in color of their wings and predictable social effects (no longer welcomed in Heaven, outcast by non-fallen angels), there really isn't much difference that I can recall.

Alexander said:
You can say they lost the Weakness to Dark and Resistance to Light.

I walk at a slow pace while pushing my bicycle instead of riding on it.

After completing the job I received the payment from Yamazaki-san and left. My first contract. Even if I arrived late, lamely knocked on the door and I'm not a Devil yet I managed to complete my first contract. Moving so many crates was tiring and took a long time, but it felt good when I finished the job neatly and Yamazaki-san was satisfied.

I wonder, do all Devils feel the same way? Or maybe this is just the feeling of a job well done. For someone like me, who until recently was a normal student that never had to work, it's a novel experience. Uhm, now that I think about it also felt great when, after many sleepless night spent studying like a damned soul, I passed the test of admittance into Kuoh. Even if my grades are average the curriculum is way more difficult than normal schools so it's still a big accomplishment. I guess I was too hyped at the thought of all the girls I would meet to think of it.

I keep my pace slow and steady while adjusting my breathing. I read somewhere that by doing so my body can recuperate even when moving. With my increased stamina it takes even less now. Slowly I feel power fill my body with great energy.

Beside stopping eating and requiring less sleep my eyesight improved along with my other five senses. My eyes and ears became especially good: I can even hear conversations from other people's houses and see the street even though it's night. This is really weird since I can even see clearly at places where there are no street lights!

It really feels like this strength is getting stronger day by day. And that's why-

DANGER

I feel it with crystal clarity. A chill in the air. A mysterious atmosphere of aggression ahead of me.

Normally I would panic: instead I sense all the muscles in my body tense; at the same time it's like my emotions recede to the back of my brain leaving me strangely calm. I can think better now, all my senses focusing on the single thing in front of me.

It's a man. Wearing a fedora hat and a trench coat, he is glaring at me with fierce eyes. I stare back with defiance.

This is killing intent. I'm sure of it: is this what other feel around me when I am angry?

The man walks closer, silently. I let go of bicycle, stepping away so that it will not hinder my movements.

"This is rare. To meet someone like you in a place like this."

Despite his words it's clear he's not really interested in an answer. He's just toying with me. I clench my hands so strongly my nails pierce the skin.

"Ooh, that's a good expression you have there. You aren't simple trash. Who is your Master? It must be a person with a very low rank or with a weird hobby to choose this place as a territory. So, who is your Master?"

I snarl. "Why should I answer you? Who the hell are you?"

----

And stop. I will finish it the next day. But before that I need your opinions: do you feel something wrong in the dialogue, like OOCness and the like? Keep in mind being a Demon affects Issei's mentality.

Using Devils as manual labor.

More importantly, using Devils as economically superior manual labor.

This opens up such a huge can of worms with world-building I don't even know where to start. Are there . . . are there Devil-driven sweat shops in China? Are corrupt power companies in the US using Devil teleportation magic to create free electricity? Is OPEC using them to find oil deposits? Jesus Christ this is big. I mean, Devils in industry? It was fine when DxD was just a stupid harem shonen, where part of SoD is that people are incompetent in the applications of their power beyond fighting (and usually even in fighting), but you seem to want to make this serious . . . I have no idea where to start describing the ramifications on world-building.

The Slumbering Crocodile said:

This opens up such a huge can of worms with world-building I don't even know where to start. Are there . . . are there Devil-driven sweat shops in China? Are corrupt power companies in the US using Devil teleportation magic to create free electricity? Is OPEC using them to find oil deposits? Jesus Christ this is big. I mean, Devils in industry? It was fine when DxD was just a stupid harem shonen, where part of SoD is that people are incompetent in the applications of their power beyond fighting (and usually even in fighting), but you seem to want to make this serious . . . I have no idea where to start describing the ramifications on world-building.

Another flaw of the series then. Well at least the protag is good enough to keep you read it.

What I find strange is that this is the first place your mind went.

Actually you have to pay something in return if you want the devil to work for you, I don't think the value system of them have such convenient balance.

I daresay you are overthinking it. No one said it's a common or widespread thing, or that Devils would agree to do something on that scale. I mean, carrying boxes is a simple job, the things you described are not. The matter of compensation Devils would want for something like that is a major factor here, and I daresay at least one of the things you mentioned would cost too much for a human, or even many humans. Hell, this was just one guy who likes to have cheap pack mules on hand, nothing more. I imagine others summon Devils for different reasons.

the you freak seems a little unnecessary other than that good job!

Yeah, most of that stuff most likely starts at your soul and ramps up to an entire town as payment. At least. So I don't think anyone would be really willing to hire a Devil to get free cable.

Remember how Rias' family basically owns Kuoh Academy? Remember how they considered a castle as a celebratory gift for Rias and Issei's marriage?

Remember what characteristic one must possesses in spades to catch a Devil's attention?

The answer is Greed.

In the world of today, who isn't greedy? If you were someone who found the way to summon a being capable of granting your wishes, wouldn't you abuse it no matter the morality of the choices needed? And if you were said being, wouldn't you go along with it as long as you reap benefits.

To answer you question: yes, there are Devils that invest in human industry. Yes, there are humans who use the magical abilities of Devils for their own benefits at the expense of others, while said Devils couldn't care less as long as they get paid.

Just like there are Fallen Angels that freely manipulate events and people to hinder and destroy Devil's activities in the human world.

Just like Angels tell the Pope and the Cardinals what to do, because it's not a question of Faith anymore when you can see and touch it. Just like it's not a question of Theology anymore when you can simply ask them what is wrong and what is not.

Cao Cao may have been a hypocrite, but he had reasons for his actions.

@Alexander

Cao Cao's ideal of hero is the ancient one, the one that will kill a thousand to save a million, the one that will kill/manipulate his own people as long as it lets him get his goals.

"In the end, it is Hero and Great Hero kill the monsters and demons."

If you look from his side, you will see that Issei is a real demon, not only Issei accepted to become a devil in order to fulfill his goal (not counting that goal is utterly selfish and only for Issei himself) but considering Issei is the one possesses a Longinus, a weapon that is supposed to protect humanity and fight supernature, stabilizing human's reign over the mortal realm.

Perhaps to Cao Cao, a Longinus user, Issei is a traitor. Not only he did not kill himself when he became a devil to keep his dignity as a human but he joined them and fought for them.

See? That's how you propaganda to your soldiers. Human is superior. Humanity fuck yeah.

No. No no no. Please, no. I am, on principle, against anything that says Cao Cao might have a point beyond "lol humanity". He brainwashes people. He is a villain. I do not want him to be sympathetic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back