• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Which Universe do you want to be created?

• Total voters
Hollywood What If Chapter 154

The two of them were in the cab, and it was a little awkward. Especially for Cameron Diaz.

She was very aware of Kazir. She could feel his breath and warmth since they were sitting next to each other.

"Thank you."

"I- It's okay."

Their conversation ended just like that. Kazir was too drunk, while Cameron Diaz didn't know what to say.

It was ironic that she wanted to seduce Kazir, but now she had cold feet.

"I thought you hated me. Do you even find me attractive?"

Cameron blurted out and it was too late to catch it. She looked at Kazir and the man just stared ahead. He seemed serious.

'Maybe he didn't hear what I said.'

She didn't know what to expect.

"No. I don't hate you."

"!!!"

She was shocked and looked at Kazir, only to find that Kazir was still looking ahead. As if he was looking far away, remembering something.

"What about me? Do you hate me?" Kazir returned the question.

"Honestly, I don't know. I heard that you're the one who introduced Reese to the role. I hate you for that, but still..."

"That's okay. You are free to hate me."

"Huh? I don't hate you, I mean, I don't hate you that much. It's just that I like this role and I was hoping to get it, but Reese took it from me."

"I see..."

Their conversation ended again. It took another five minutes before Cameron Diaz got up the nerve to ask Kazir.

It seemed that a drunk Kazir was an honest Kazir. Perhaps this was a unique opportunity to ask him about so many things.

"I thought you hated women?"

"What kind of question is that?"

"I've never seen you get close to any woman except Reese... Oh, you're a divorced man, I'm sorry."

Kazir massaged his forehead and leaned against the backseat.

"I don't hate women. In fact, I like attractive women... But I'm afraid of them. I feel like I'll get hurt again if I get close to a woman."

"..."

That explains why. After the scandal, Kazir had a hard time trusting women. Cameron Diaz realized that this man was actually fragile.

She thought Kazir Grey was a perfect guy who could make masterpieces without any problem. A talented director who made over 1 billion dollars with his movies.

"My ex-wife, my mother..."

After that, Cameron Diaz decided to be quiet and gave Kazir peace. She could not speak when the man next to her was crying.

They reached the building. Kazir could not walk straight, so Cameron helped him.

They got into the apartment after so much trouble. It was the first time she had been in his apartment and it was minimalist as hell.

There was almost nothing. The only thing that caught her attention was the TV and VHS in the living room. The place looked lively... Not.

Kazir lay down on the bed, but he was still awake.

"Are you going to leave now?" He asked.

"Yes," Cameron replied. She started to close the door.

"Don't go."

"Huh? What do you mean?"

She turned around to see Kazir undressing.

"Wh-what-!" She thought she had seen everything already, but one look at Kazir's body stunned her.

Kazir got up and approached her. She gasped, Kazir's presence was so strong. She realized something very important. This man is the definition of a hunk. His body was very attractive that her heart started beating faster just by taking a glance.

"Don't go. You asked me earlier if I find you attractive, the answer is yes."

"Y- Yes." She replied with a squeal. She nodded her head, quite tranced.

The door closed, but Cameron Diaz never left. One thing was for sure, she never regretted her decision. Because this was the best night of her life.

"Haaaa~~ This night is very boring."

Dee Zaster yawned after a day of trying to get a scoop. Dee was a paparazzi currently stalking Kazir Grey. He had been following the director for almost a week and he could say one thing - Kazir Grey is dedicated motherfucker.

"He always stays in his office."

Today he tried to follow him, but he lost Kazir after he took a shit. So his work today was fruitless.

He decided to wait in his apartment building, hoping that Kazir Grey would be sleeping in his apartment. Actually, he was hoping for something big to happen. Because he needed something to sell to the news publisher.

He sipped his coffee in the middle of the cold night.

Suddenly, Dee Zaster saw a taxi pull up in front of the building. He narrowed his eyes and realized that it was actually Cameron Diaz!

"Nice! I can sell this!"

Cameron Diaz was also a famous actress and Dee Zaster could stalk her to get an interesting scoop.

He put down his coffee and grabbed his camera. The distance was pretty far and the pictures might be blurry. But that didn't stop him.

'I hope her face is recognizable... Huh?'

Another thing shocked him. Dee Zaster was stunned when he saw Cameron Diaz and Kazir Grey enter the building. The two looked intimate!

Dee Zaster snapped a bunch of pictures, hoping to get some good shots.

"This is lit!!"

He suddenly realized that he might get a better scoop if he stayed up all night.

"I'm going to stay here and wait for Cameron Diaz to leave! I'm not going to blink!"

Unfortunately for him, Cameron Diaz left around 11:30 the next morning. She looked refreshed and radiant.

With no sleep, Dee Zaster took another bunch of photos! He sacrificed his sleep just for this moment! This is big news!

"Hahaha, I can get at least 10,000 dollars with this!"

He grinned from ear to ear. Although he didn't look good because of the dark circles around his eyes.

"Kazir Grey, you bastard! After stalking you for a week, I finally get my revenge!"

The stalker's audacity was laughable.

++++

[I almost failed to update today because of my sickness called laziness. Do you guys know any cure for this? Been troubling me for quite some time now.]

I mean, I get that you want to change the girlfriend, but damn…just lost a lot of respect for Kazir.

HWI 155
[Announcement: Apparently, someone made a Chinese translation of this story and posted it on Qi(dian), a very popular site in China. The title is "Return to Hollywood". Yes, the title has changed as well.

So I want to clarify a few things. The author of this novel is me, Pujimaki, a Filipino born on January 6, 2000. Yes, today is my birthday and this news is a surprising thing, I won't lie...

Anyway, I only publish my novels on Webnovel, ScribbleHub, RoyalRoad and Questionable Questing, where you can read them for free. So if you're reading this on another site, it means this novel is being pirated.]

Hollywood What If Chapter 155

The car accelerated and Cameron Diaz blushed as she looked at herself in the rearview mirror. It seemed she didn't need to put on any blush because her cheeks were already red.

She grinned and couldn't help but remember what had happened last night. Kazir may have been drunk, but the way he caressed her was satisfying and breathtaking.

Honestly, she slept peacefully after that. It was late when she woke up. The thing was that Kazir had already prepared breakfast for her.

If there was one disappointing thing, it was that Kazir had told her that he was not ready for a serious relationship. Well, there was nothing to be done... But she would definitely visit him from time to time.

She wanted to stay, but she had a movie shoot today. The filming of Charlie's Angels started two weeks ago and she had three scenes today.

Cameron Diaz smiled as she looked at the apartment building for the last time. She hadn't expected this meeting, but she didn't regret it.

"Charlie's Angels..."

Kazir Grey lifted his cup and sipped at his home-brewed coffee. He remembered what had happened a few years ago.

'I tried to buy the copyrights, but Colombia Pictures wouldn't agree.'

Sony-Columbia was struggling to maintain its status among the Big Six. They need a strong franchise to keep the company going.

Charlie's Angels was a TV show that Sony-Columbia owned and it was a big hit in the '70s. It would be crazy to sell the copyrights. And even if Sony-Columbia wanted to sell the copyrights of Charlie's Angels, Grey Pictures didn't have enough money at the time.

The sure way to profit from movies was to make adaptations. Novels, comics, TV series and so on. The fans on these platforms were already formed, so there was no problem getting the audience. These fans were willing to buy tickets just to see their favorite novels or comics made into movies.

Charlie's Angels had this factor. So Grey Pictures did not get the copyrights.

Well, not everything would go according to his plan. He was only a director. A person.

What happened yesterday was also terrible, he was just a person who was affected by his mother's hurtful words. If there was one thing he liked, it was having fun with Cameron Diaz.

'I didn't mean it, but I guess I'm still a guy.'

In fact, Kazir Grey is just a simple man. He feels pain, happiness, sadness, and joy.

"The world does not revolve around me..."

He sighed. As a man, he knew that he would make so many mistakes, no matter how much he tried to avoid them, such was the life of a man.

All he could do was face the obstacles and overcome them. If that wasn't enough, he had to destroy them so that they wouldn't come back.

'I wonder if I have the strength to do that.'

He got up and went to the shower. His legs were quite shaky after a long session last night.

'Good thing I never skipped leg days.'

He would be lying if he said he was not depressed. He was damn depressed. His mother basically told him that she hated Kazir's existence because of the name she gave him.

He didn't know what happened to his mother, but she was certainly not a good person. He's not going to sympathize with her, not after what she did to their family.

'And yet she has the audacity to talk to me about helping her daughter, wow.'

The water poured over his body, cooling his mind.

That day was like any other, he was attending a meeting about the promotion of John Wick at Paramount headquarters.

The meeting was going well when Kazir Grey and Brad Grey received a text message at the same time.

"Open the TV!"

Brad Grey announced.

On the screen was a reporter talking about the latest happenings in Hollywood.

The two Greys listened as the reporter gossiped about the relationship between Kazir Grey and Cameron Diaz.

The pictures were on the screen. Although the resolution was not good, every person could recognized the people in the pictures.

"Kazir... Are you dating Cameron?"

Brad Grey asked. This situation could be good or bad. He thought that Kazir Grey and Reese Witherspoon were in a relationship.

If this situation turned bad, it might affect the performance of John Wick, which would be released in a week.

"We are not dating. Something happened last night and things went that way."

"Care to explain?"

"Sorry, it's a private thing."

Brad Grey narrowed his eyes.

"Then you expect Paramount to invest in your movie now? What if this scandal becomes big? It will affect John Wick!"

Paramount would never invest in a movie that would make them a negative profit.

"I know... I have an idea."

Kazir didn't like this kind of hype, but it seemed he had no choice.

'Now I'm starting to realize that I'm not that strong. One mistake could cost me my career.'

"I will contact Cameron. Maybe we can use this situation to our advantage.

"All right."

Brad Grey nodded.

"What about Reese Witherspoon? She's not going to give us any trouble, is she?"

"We made our relationship clear from the beginning. We're just friends, I don't think she'll be affected."

Kazir got up and opened his phone. It was a good thing that he had exchanged contact with Cameron Diaz. At least he could call her now.

-- Hello? Kazir, thank God. I heard what happened. Will this affect your movie?

"Cameron, can you do me a favor and meet me at Paramount headquarters? Please bring your agent, I want to talk business."

He hated the idea of using love for promotion, but that didn't mean he wouldn't use it.

'Hehe, I'm a fucking hypocrite.'

Well, he is just a human being. No one is perfect in the first place.

In spanish feliz cumpleaños chabon que tengas un buen dia y que te den michos regalos.
Pd sos menor que yo, tengo 25 XD

'Hehe, I'm a fucking hypocrite.'

Well, he is just a human being. No one is perfect in the first place.

Man, his every excuse and justification makes me like him less and less.

Gotta be honest, I hope you do something to show him that "hey Kazir, you are being just as awful a person as your ex-wife right now."

Because if he keeps this asshole ness going, I am definitely going to be done with him.

Hopefully Kazir Grey won't push his asshole ness to his former ex wife levels, but he's what you're gonna to do about it?
Promotion for love , which Twilight and Spider-Man Far from has done before makes sense.
Happy Birthday
Continue on
Cheers!

HWI 156
Hollywood What If Chapter 156

"So it's only 6 months? How about we make it official, no expiration date?"

Cameron Diaz crossed her legs and looked at Kazir Grey and his agent. Giving her best smile.

Even Salvatore Barlowe was wiping his sweat. He had just learned that Kazir was involved in a scandal. His last scandal almost gave him a heart attack. He didn't want to experience that again. Thankfully, this kind of scandal was quite tame but it could still affect the release of John Wick.

"Miss Cameron, I think keeping it within 6 months is the best choice."

Salvatore looked at Kazir Grey who was standing next to him. Kazir nodded and agreed.

"Aww, what a waste."

Inside the Paramount headquarters, the two sides decided to sign a contract. Kazir Grey and Cameron Diaz didn't have a problem with forming a relationship, but they both have their own opinions.

Kazir Grey has to make sure that John Wick does not suffer from this scandal. So instead of denying the relationship and causing trouble, he might as well join the hype.

As for Cameron Diaz, she wanted a longer duration because her two movies were already released this year. Her next project would be released in November next year. The 6 months contract would be useless for Cameron Diaz and she could not use it as a means of promotion. So she was hoping for at least a year or more.

However, Kazir's side was adamant to keep it within 6 months. He could extend the contract but that would be another story.

[Not connected to the story. Anyway, I only post my novels on Webnovel, ScribbleHub, RoyalRoad and Questionable Questing, where you can read them for free. So if you're reading this on another site, it means this novel is being pirated.]

"If I don't make money on this contract, I have no reason to sign it."

Cameron Diaz had a high opinion of Kazir Grey. And frankly, she wanted to have a relationship with him. But it was clear that Kazir didn't want a serious relationship.

"..."

Kazir was silent for a few seconds.

"So you expect me to accept this contract without getting anything in return? Extend the relationship for a year and I will agree."

Cameron Diaz smiled sweetly. In a way, what happened was not her problem. She didn't have a movie at the moment, so the scandal wouldn't jeopardize her. But for Kazir it was different. John Wick was scheduled to be released next week. The ticket sales of the first week were important to determine the strength of John Wick at the box office.

Well, Cameron Diaz liked Kazir, so she was going to sign the contract, but it was going to be a one-year contract.

"What do you think, Kazir? I'm fine with a year, we can live in a single house if you want."

Kazir Grey thought seriously.

'I guess I don't have a choice but to use this method.'

He sighed and leaned back in his chair.

"A role. I can give you a role in my movie."

"Hm? And what kind of role? For the record, I won't accept a small role. It should be an important role."

"I have the script here."

Kazir Grey handed her a hardcopy of the script.

"The Bourne Identity? I think I heard that title somewhere. Is it a novel?"

Cameron asked him.

"That's right. I bought the movie adaptation of The Bourne Identity."

"But I thought you preferred to film original screenplays."

"I never said that."

He could not recall an interview where he said that. Perhaps people just thought of it naturally.

"Well, all your movies are based on original screenplays. So I thought you didn't like adaptations."

She began to skim the script. Her agent looked at the script and was skeptical.

'It's based on a novel, so it has a good chance of being a box office hit.'

"What's my role?"

"You will be Marie Kreutz."

"Hm, I see I have many scenes and lines. I'm interested."

Cameron Diaz didn't have any movies coming out before November 1999. She knew that Kazir Grey had a fast shooting schedule. It wouldn't be a problem if she took two to three months to join the shoot of The Bourne Identity.

Charlie's Angels would be released in 2000 and it was not urgent. So far, she was just training for the role.

Anyway, Cameron was sold on the idea of working with a successful director like Kazir Grey.

'Fufu, I can use this opportunity to seduce Kazir. How fun.'

She looked at Kazir. In fact, this man might be the best she ever met.

Cameron Diaz looked at her agent and nodded. Her agent didn't have a problem. Director Grey had the best filmography of the last three years. The agent liked that Cameron Diaz had an interaction with him.

"Okay, I agree. As for the salary, let our agents negotiate that."

"I understand."

The two shook hands and signed a 6-month relationship contract. Of course, they listed their conditions, likes, and dislikes.

This kind of promotion was never old.

This was still a speculation but rumors said that Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson became a couple to promote Twilight. This was also the same with Tom Holland and Zendaya to promote Spider-Man. Even Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield for the same reason. Of course, this was nothing but rumors and no one could prove it.

Sometimes relationship gossip was the best way to get media attention.

Since Kazir and Cameron agreed to work together, Paramount found the best way to promote John Wick.

A Viacom-owned newspaper announced that Cameron Diaz and Kazir Grey were actually dating! The other media followed and reported the news, especially CBS, which was owned by Viacom.

"Director Grey! Director Grey! Can you please tell us about your relationship with Cameron Diaz?"

A Viacom reporter blocked Kazir's path. A camera followed Kazir as he walked out the exit. Note that this was staged.

"If you're talking about my relationship with Cam, that's right, we're dating. But we don't like to show it to the public."

"When did you start dating?"

"That's private information."

Kazir reached the exit.

"Director Grey! Director Grey, one more question, please."

"I'm sorry, I don't have time for this."

A car pulled up in front of Kazir. He opened the door and got in.

"Hi, honey~"

"Hm." Kazir nodded.

The reporter was stunned when he saw Cameron Diaz in the driver's seat!

Kazir and Cameron kissed before they left the scene.

It was all recorded! That night, Kazir Grey and Cameron Diaz were all over the news.

Of course, John Wick was also being promoted. When people heard about Kazir Grey or Cameron Diaz, they always heard about the movie John Wick.

So Cameron Diaz lands the titular CCU role of Franka of Marie in the Bourne Identity series , which might make her bigger house hold name and expand her acting in versatile movie's roles. Of course, Cameron Diaz doesn't know she dies in second Bourne Identity movie, but thats spoilers for later, Hehe!
6 month stipulations by Kazir Grey is better than expected for the John Wick movie film franchise and evaluates it to Cult status in future.
Continue on
Cheers!

Last edited:
HWI 157
Hollywood What If Chapter 157

The promotion for John Wick continued until premiere night.

"She's still not answering."

Kazir muttered. He tried calling Reese, but no one answered.

'Reese is out of town shooting Napoleon Dynamite III. She also signed an endorsement for a shampoo product. She is really busy. Still...'

Kazir tried to explain to Reese, but the woman remained silent. Even the reporters could not get any information from her.

Kazir sighed and hung up the phone. He had to meet Cameron Diaz for the premiere tonight. He was already in his tuxedo, ready for the big day.

A few minutes later, they arrived at Cameron's house. The woman came out of the house and got into the limousine.

"Good evening Cam, you look beautiful as always."

Kazir greeted her. After signing the contract, the two became much closer. Although they both understood that this was just business. Maybe they enjoyed their show. For they were truly intimate.

"Aww, I miss you baby~"

Cameron leaned in and kissed him. They shared a passionate kiss that lasted for dozens of seconds.

As for Erica, who was holding the steering wheel, her expression was stoic. She saw nothing as she drove the limousine out of Beverly Hills.

"It's amazing that your assistant can drive a limo."

Cameron was quite impressed. Looking at the assistant who looked rough.

"Erica can even fly a helicopter." Kazir shrugged.

"Really. You're not kidding, are you?"

"Don't worry Miss Cameron, I can even fly a jet."

Erica replied. She was proud of her achievement in the military.

"Wow! Erica, just call me Cam. I insist."

"Yes, Cam."

Cameron Diaz smiled and rested her head on Kazir's shoulder, cuddling.

"So when are we going to live together?"

"Hm, not in the contract."

"Geez, you bad guy."

She pinched his shoulder and Kazir chuckled. Cameron had actually tried to put in the contract that they were going to live together, but Kazir had denied it.

Actors are professional liars. It was amazing that Kazir could keep up with Cameron's acting.

"Anyway, when are you going to buy a house in Beverly Hills? You are richer than me, I think you can afford a nice house."

"Most of the money will be invested in our next projects. I don't know if I'm going to buy a house this year." He replied.

"Pfft-- Do you expect me to believe that? Kazir, your annual salary as a director is at least five times higher than mine. Your bank account is definitely full."

Kazir just smiled and didn't answer. It was private information and he kept his mouth shut.

Kazir Grey wanted to buy a house when the market bottomed out. The right time to buy a house would be around the year 2000. That was the year the dot-com bubble burst and many industries were affected. One of them was real estate.

The house could wait, especially if he lived in his office anyway. It was already a fact that his office was his home. Even the employees of Grey Pictures felt uncomfortable because their boss literally lived in the company 24/7.

The month of September was a dismal time for Hollywood. The Big Six usually released their weak movies during this month. So John Wick didn't have any strong competition, except for one.

'I heard that Rush Hour is coming out next week.'

Starring Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker, a movie distributed by New Line Cinema. Rush Hour was the September 1998 winner.

Even Kazir was not confident that he could compete with Rush Hour. Because to be honest, his movie didn't have any selling point except for the action stunts... But the thing was, Rush Hour had great action stunts, too. Jackie Chan was known to do his own stunts.

Even John Wick's connection to Taken was not heavily emphasized. Maybe the only selling point was Kazir.

So his relationship with Cameron Diaz was the main method of promotion. Paramount didn't care much about the movie, and the resources they gave it weren't great either. They only care about director Kazir Grey, not John Wick.

Viggo Mortensen and the cast showed up one by one. Reporters were obviously taking pictures of them. The cast did their best to act normal and pose in front of the flashing cameras.

The interviews would happen and the important cast would be asked some questions related to the movie.

Usually the interviewer would ask "How is it working with director Grey?", "What do you think about the movie?" and "What is your role in the movie?

Nothing fancy or controversial. After all, this premiere was overrun with Viacom reporters. Unless Viacom was interested in making things spicy.

Just like that, Kazir Grey and Cameron Diaz arrived on the red carpet. They smiled and stood close to each other as if they were deeply in love.

"Director Grey! Please look into the camera!"

"Miss Cameron, please hug Director Grey!"

The reporters demanded a series of poses. Cameron was in a good mood, so she did her best.

"We meet again, Director Grey!"

"Yes, I remember you. You're Abella Boham. You're the one I interviewed last time."

"Indeed." The woman nodded happily. She was the reporter who interviewed Kazir when Taken came out. Of course, she worked for CBS.

"Director Grey, how does it feel to be the best up and coming director of this era?"

"Um, I feel good. Although I don't think I'm the best. I think Quentin Tarantino and my friend David Fincher are the best emerging directors of the 90's." Kazir was not lying at all.

"I see you have Miss Cameron Diaz with you. Would you like to explain your relationship with her?"

This time it was Cameron who answered.

"Hi, I'm Cameron Diaz. I'm his girlfriend." She said, hugging his arm.

"Looks like you two are doing well. You guys are so cute. Anyway, what about your relationship with Reese Witherspoon?"

Kazir looked at the reporter. Keeping his smile amiable.

'I fucking knew it.'

Maybe Paramount was trying to spice up the evening. Or maybe the reporter was asking the question on her own volition.

Either way, Kazir was thrust into the spotlight. Life was like a novel indeed.

'Novel huh... Well, if my life is a novel, I'm sure many readers will drop my story because of what I did to Reese. But that's not the case at all.'

"Reese and I have a good relationship."

He smiled for the last time before entering the theater. He didn't let the reporter ask him another question that could cause trouble.

The answer was not satisfactory, but who cared, Kazir Grey would be busy this month. He didn't have time to think about useless things.

"By the way, Kazir, happy birthday."

"Thanks, but my birthday was yesterday."

"Hm, I want to be the last one to greet you. Make sure I'm your last."

Holding Cameron's hand, Kazir was as composed as ever.

Haven't read yet, but just came to greet and give support. Keep it up!

Edit: also, unsolicited advice, but if you ever make another thread, use the Threadmarks tab instead of the Index or the Extras. Aside from the accessibility aspect (you can immediately see the Reader button beside the drop-down tabs if there are Threadmarks), people generally use Index for Informational and Extras for well... Extras, and Omakes.
Have a good one!

Haven't read yet, but just came to greet and give support. Keep it up!

Edit: also, unsolicited advice, but if you ever make another thread, use the Threadmarks tab instead of the Index or the Extras. Aside from the accessibility aspect (you can immediately see the Reader button beside the drop-down tabs if there are Threadmarks), people generally use Index for Informational and Extras for well... Extras, and Omakes.
Have a good one!
I actually have no clue how to use some stuff in this site so I decided to just go with what I'm comfortable with. Anyway, thank you.

HWI 158
[Note: The movie summary was short because not much really changed in the plot of John Wick, it's basically the same. Just watch John Wick if you're interested in the movie].

Hollywood What If Chapter 158

"Wallace! Hurry up! Take your damn popcorn and sit down! Seriously, why are you even buying popcorn in the Cinema, popcorn in this place sells like 3 dollars!"

"Calm down, okay."

Billy and Wallace went to the bathroom because it would be terrible if they left right at the climax of the movie. The two understood that this was an action movie and it would definitely be an adrenaline-pumping experience. They didn't want to miss a thing.

Billy and Wallace saw Napoleon Dynamite four years ago and thought it was funny. Since then, they have become fans of director Kazir Grey. They saw The Hangover, which was funnier than Napoleon Dynamite. Then they saw Taken, which was a movie for guys like them.

They had already graduated from college and were working on their respective careers. Watching movies was the only time they could hang out now that they were busy adults.

Whenever Kazir Grey produced a movie, they would watch it. It became a tradition for both of them. It was a good thing that Kazir Grey had a movie every year.

The opening night for John Wick was not as crowded as they expected. Maybe the September schedule and the R rating were some of the factors why the reception was mediocre. Still, that didn't stop some avid fans from going to see the movie.

The movie started. Wallace and Billy watched the screen as they munched on popcorn that Wallace bought. The logos of Grey Pictures and Paramount Pictures appeared one after the other.

[The first five minutes of the movie was about John Wick (Viggo Mortensen) and how he lost his wife. His friends came to the funeral. John Wick was sad about the death of his wife, but a dog gave him hope to live. The dog was his wife's last gift to him].

The audience didn't have a strong attachment to John Wick's wife, and they believe it was just a plot device.

However, they find the dog adorable.

"The dog is very cute!"

At least one person in every theater would say it while watching the cute dog get close to John Wick.

As for Billy and Wallace, their focus was on something else. They were watching Taken and remembering something important.

"Hey, that Raizo... He showed up in Taken, right?"

"Yeah, I think so."

[Raizo (Enzo Park) appeared at the funeral and spoke to John Wick for a few seconds before disappearing back into the darkness. His conversation with John Wick was brief and a little confusing. To begin with, the audience had no information about the protagonist, John Wick.]

[Marcus also attended the funeral and offered his condolences to John Wick].

[After that, the story slowly progressed, but the audience was still clueless about John Wick's identity].

"Where's the action?" In the first place, the reason why they wanted to watch this movie was because of action sequences.

"Shhh, the movie's just starting. We are not even 10 minutes into the movie."

[The action scenes they were talking about were about to happen. John Wick and his dog went to a gas station. There they met Viggo Tarasov's asshole son, Iosef Tarasov].

[When John Wick refused to sell his car, a 1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1, and responded in Russian, Iosef decided to break into his house, attack John Wick, and steal his car.]

[Iosef was the son of a Russian Mafia boss, so he thought he owned the world].

[Iosef succeeded and stole the car. He and his friends beat up John Wick and killed his dog. That was the last thing they should have done.]

The audience felt sad when they realized the dog had died.

[After this incident, the audience began to understand that John Wick was not so simple! He was the Baba Yaga! The one sent to kill the Boogeyman].

"So John Wick is actually a professional killer!" Wallace who was stuffing popcorn in his mouth realized that fact. He was still unsure how this movie would unfold.

[Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat. A tattoo on John Wick's back. In Latin, it means "Fortune favors the bold."]

[With his black tuxedo, John Wick entered the world of assassins once again to seek revenge.]

[He returned to the Continental Hotel. Met Winston. Talked to Viggo Tarasov on the phone and began his vendetta of killing people].

Although the movie was still in progress, Billy and Wallace saw another cameo by Kazir Grey.

This time, Kazir Grey was talking to a black man with an afro. The two were at the Continental Hotel. A small cameo but cameo nonetheless.

"Kazir showed up again!"

The sound of their conversation was faint and the audience could not hear them. It looked like they were talking about some serious stuff because their expressions were quite serious. It was as if Kazir was giving Fremont a chance to prove himself.

[At the Continental Hotel, they used gold coins as currency. Just like what Bryan Mills did to get information from Raizo].

[Just like what the audience expected, the movie was full of action, fights, and gun battles].

"Cool! This is so freaking cool!"

[But unlike the over-the-top action movies that use heavy and big guns and simple action stunts, the action sequences in John Wick were realistic and blood boiling, as if the audience was watching a real battle. The technicalities, the professionalism of being assassins.]

"That's what I like! Action movies these days don't even have a magazine reload scene! No gun has endless bullets! Of course you have to reload!"

Wallace roared, stuffing a handful of popcorn into his mouth for the nth time.

[John Wick was taking on a Mafia organization and he was at a disadvantage. He was thrown from the second floor of the bar, shot in the abdomen, and nearly suffocated after being caught.]

[Fortunately, Marcus saved him with his sniper rifle. Marcus was a true friend. He wouldn't betray John Wick for two million dollars in exchange.]

[After receiving help from Marcus, John Wick killed his way until he found Iosef Tarasov and got his revenge. After that, John Wick found another dog and decided to adopt him.]

[The End...]

"Woohoo!"

"Nice!"

Even though the plot of the movie was generic and the audience already had an idea of how the movie would end, they were still entertained.

The audience started standing to leave the theater.

A few seconds after the credits rolled, the screen lit up again for the post-credits scene.

The standing audience stopped at their feet and watched the final scene.

[At the prominent Continental Hotel, Marcus and John decided to have a conversation. This time Marcus met John Wick and talked about the High Table. Apparently, the Fraternity was getting out of hand and Marcus felt like a massive change would happen.]

+++++++
++++
++

+++++++
++++
++

+++++++
++++
++

[So yes, here I am shamelessly promoting my Patreon for the nth time.]

[But before that, I want to thank all the readers who read this novel on ScribbleHub, RoyalRoad, Webnovel, and Questionable Questing and gave me valid opinions and criticisms. I want to say that I read all your comments and take your opinions very seriously, except when it comes to correcting my typos and grammar mistakes...]

[Unfortunately, there are times when I can't fulfill your wishes because I just can't. A lot of people are against harems, but they also want Kazir to have relationships with other women, one at a time. A lot of people also want Kazir to have a relationship with Reese, but a lot of people didn't like that either. I can't satisfy all of you. Just like I said in the first chapter, this novel started as an experiment until it became my main focus of writing, which was obvious because of the many patrons who subscribed to my Patreon].

[I also want to thank my patrons for their constant financial support. I've repeated over and over how much I want to thank them, because that's how much they help me. Basically, they gave me the motivation to keep writing. Writing is fun, but knowing that you can pursue it as a real career is very hard to do without people really supporting you.]

[If you subscribe to my Patreon, you can read up to 132 advanced chapters of HWI. That's my heartfelt appreciation to anyone who wants to support me financially.]

[I apologize if this promotion has upset you. You know, I just have to work hard and hustle to provide for my family.]

https://www.patreon.com/Puji_maki

HWI 159
[Shout out to Alexander, George H, Adam C, Mark S, Ashywar B, SAINT, zwarrior0596, and Oliver HS!]

Hollywood What If Chapter 159

After seeing John Wick, audiences who saw Taken last year realized that the two movies were connected.

The appearance of Raizo.

The gold coins as currency.

And the High Table.

These three appeared in both movies, and the audience felt that director Grey was cooking up something big. Some of them were excited, while others felt that this plan might fail before it happened.

They were talking about movies that costs millions to make. It was not that easy to complete something like Cinematic Universe without failing at least one.

After all, most of the audience believed in stand-alone movies with no connection to other movies. This broad concept was difficult to realize because the movie companies preferred safe movies with an obvious profit. What Kazir Grey and Grey Pictures did was a gamble.

No one knew if this so-called Continental Cinematic Universe would be successful. Even the Big Six were afraid to venture into this uncharted territory.

Some tried, but only the MCU and DCEU came out on top. The next three decades would be all about superhero movies.

One thing was for sure, audiences were eager to see director Grey's next film. Maybe it would be related to Taken and John Wick.

The midnight results were within the expectations of Grey Pictures and Paramount. They did their best and promoted the movie in various ways. Heck, Kazir Grey even used his love relationship to promote the movie. Something he didn't like to do.

Maybe it was lucky that they didn't have any competition this week. Most of the movies this month were not promising either.

September 10, 1998. John Wick grossed $4.60 million. Paramount and Grey Pictures had agreed that the movie looked promising for the month of September. Maybe Kazir was starting to get a reputation.

The next day, some tabloids and newspapers were talking about the connection between Taken and John Wick. Significantly, the two movies are set in the same universe. Also, one of the characters in Taken showed up in John Wick.

Even Kazir and Fremont's cameo was used to promote the movie.

On September 11, 1998, with 3,500 theaters. The total gross of John Wick was $12.84 million. The weekend usually had a good reception for theaters. Many people would see movies on the weekend.

Saturday, September 12, 1998. The movie overall grossed $22.52 million.

Sunday, John Wick's box office was $30.03 million and easily won the box office champion of the week.

Just like the usual forecast, the performance from Monday to Thursday was dismal. John Wick only rose to $41.08 million. Meaning, in that five days, the movie only made around $11 million.

"What do you think, Ovitz? Will John Wick cross the $100 million mark in North America?"

Michael Eisner dropped the newspaper and looked at his right-hand man. The two old Michaels watched every move Grey Pictures made. It would be a lie to say they were not interested. After all, Grey Pictures was doing something new.

"The best it can do is $90 million.

Michael Ovitz shook his head. He watched the movie on his own time and didn't like too much violence. Maybe his age was one of the reasons he didn't like the movie. The schedule, the promotion and the movie itself were too weak to produce a good result.

"It can make over $100 million internationally, but it might be hard for the movie to make the same result here in North America."

"So you think John Wick can make at least $190 million worldwide? That's not bad, considering the movie's budget is only $30 million."

"Indeed. But it all depends on Paramount's decision. Will they distribute it internationally?"

The two old men are not interested in this movie, so they won't contact Grey Pictures. They don't think the other companies will either.

While people speculate, John Wick crossed the $50 million mark on its second Sunday, September 19, 1998. The movie grossed $54.48 million to be exact.

Unfortunately, John Wick didn't win the box office champion of the week because it was beaten by Rush Hour. Rush Hour grossed $33 million and obviously knocked John Wick off its throne.

After that, Paramount decided to cut their advertising budget and let fate decide the outcome. Grey Pictures had no say in the matter unless they used their own money, which would be detrimental to their next projects.

Overall, everyone involved with John Wick was happy. Even Viggo Mortensen was happy that his first movie as a protagonist didn't flop. Plus, he heard from Kazir himself that there would be a sequel in the next two or three years. He even had cameos in a couple of movies.

Viggo Mortensen was still not famous and almost nobody knew his name. He was still a nobody. He hoped that his appearance in Lord of the Rings as Aragorn would bring him fame, but after attending the script reading, Viggo realized that he was not the protagonist at all. The plot of Lord of the Rings didn't revolve around him. In a way, he was a supporting character. He was only protagonist in name but the movie focused on so many people.

With no hope, his role as John Wick was his best option. He started studying Russian just to make sure his next performance would be better. As long as he was part of Kazir's movie, he had a chance to turn the tables and become a household name known all over the world.

Just like that, two months passed and John Wick did its best to cross the $100 million mark. The film grossed $103.36 million. Obviously, John Wick just scraped by to cross $100 million.

Cinema Alliance felt that John Wick had already wasted all of its potential and pulled it out from theaters.

Fortunately, Paramount kept their promise and released the film internationally.

Worldwide, the film grossed $186.72 million. Unlike the North American box office, John Wick did quite well in other countries. Paramount expected the movie to make at least $100 million internationally.

"I'm back."

Kazir Grey sighed as he stepped onto the ground in Los Angeles. He joined the cast and promoted the movie in major countries like UK, Japan and Australia.

He enjoyed the foreign countries, especially Japan. Japan was a great country. The people there were decent and disciplined. Probably the best country in Asia in his opinion. Japan, Numbah Wan In Asia.

He returned earlier than the cast because he had a lot of things to do in the month of November.

The first was the release of The Hangover Part 2.

The second was auditioning for The Bourne Identity.

Kazir had no rest. Luckily, the new crew that Salvatore hired were all enthusiastic, so he didn't have a problem working them to the max.

Got rule fived some time ago, now afraid to write anything. Good shit tho, even if it's 150+ chaps behind.

Rule 5 means they suddenly talk or type a topic to far from the original topic, that the new topic can be its own thread.

So will the OG actor John wick be used for any flashback scenes into the past or no.
You mean Keanu Reeves? Not still sure about that. But perhaps Kazir can work with Keanu, it depends.

I read this by chance and am now all caught up really interested in what movies are/will be connected to the CCU would like to suggest/ask if Mr & Mrs Smith would fit in the CCU given the Movie involves a lot of Action and Spy Work, along with the fact that it includes Two A list Celebrities in Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back