• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Which Universe do you want to be created?

• Total voters
HWI 263 New
Hollywood What If Chapter 263

"Woohoo! This car is amazing!"

LAPD Brian O'Connor exclaimed as he tried out the car that Dom Toreto had given him to try out.

This car had the new technology that Dom and his gang had stolen from a semi-truck trailer. The technology was still in the experimental stage, but Brian O'Connor realized the danger it could bring.

The engine was so fast that he felt like everything was turning white. However, Brian understood that this was not the dangerous technology that the CIA was looking for...

These were just some of the plot changes that affected Fast and The Furious.

Kazir shook hands with all the cast members of Fast and The Furious. These actors were still new, and none of them had a stable foothold in the industry.

"Director, thank you for casting me."

Paul Walker approached him and thanked him sincerely. Paul Walker had been in this industry since the 80s and he knew that it was very hard to get stable jobs. Even though the Fast and Furious franchise has so many actors, Paul Walker knew his role was important.

"It's nothing. By the way, do you use a stunt double for your stunts?" Kazir asked curiously.

"Yes and no. If the stunt is not too hard, I'll do it."

"... Okay."

Kazir nodded and asked nothing more.

Paul Walker's death was very sad for the "family" of the Fast and The Furious franchise.

The man died after attending a charity event. It was a car accident, Paul Walker was not even the driver. He was just the passenger.

'Paul didn't die on the set, but I still have to be sure.' Kazir didn't want to see people around him die.

Honestly, Paul Walker's death brought something positive and something negative to the franchise. But Kazir was not crazy about it. Life was something he would never joke about.

On June 22, the first day of Fast and The Furious, it grossed $17.05 million. And yes, this was a clear success based on 24 hours of screenings. Now all they had to do was keep that trend going. As long as Fast and The Furious didn't suffer too much from other movies, it would be fine.

But surprisingly, Dr. Dolittle 2, released on the same day, actually beat Fast and The Furious!

With $27.63 million, Dr. Dolittle 2 secured the top spot for the day! Even Spider-Man could not compete with only $7 million.

Well, Spider-Man already made $305.07 million, so no big deal. Sony-Columbia recouped their investment in just 22 days, which was a good thing.

It was a surprise that Dr. Dolittle 2 beat Fast and The Furious.

People didn't remember that the protagonist of Dr. Dolittle 2 was Eddie Murphy! This guy had strong box office appeal. 48 Hours franchise, Beverly Hills Cop franchise, and The Nutty Professor franchise. Man, the guy was a famous actor.

Compared to a bunch of new actors in Fast and the Furious, of course Dr. Dolittle would do well. The question was, for how long? The genres of the two movies were comedy and action. Two completely different genres, which one would last long?

Grey Pictures was a bit on the edge and even Kazir was nervous. If Fast and The Furious flopped, it would be bad for them.

The following week, Kazir had trouble sleeping. It was funny that Spider-Man was doing well while Fast and The Furious was still hanging. The publicity for Fast and The Furious was weaker compared to Spider-Man, which could be one of the factors.

Some critics even accused Grey Pictures of becoming arrogant and believing that their movies would always be box office hits. They even blamed Taiwanese director Justin Lin.

Fortunately for Grey Pictures, the seven days showed that Fast and The Furious was just filling the gas tank to speed up.

Dr. Dolittle 2 grossed $56.27 million after seven days.

As for Fast and The Furious, it was $69.18 million!

With that, the movie critics started to shut up. Besides, who cares about the opinions of movie critics? Most of their opinions are biased anyway.

If people liked certain movies, then the critics would fucking hate those movies. It was as simple as that.

In the new century, critics became less relevant. The internet and blogging were some of the reasons.

With that as a start, the performance of Fast and The Furious got better.

When Independence Day (July 4) came, Fast and The Furious grossed $92.73 million.

Spider-Man also grossed $360.11 million that day.

Even Lara Croft: Tomb Raider did well with $107.31 million.

The summer schedule was indeed the best months to release movies because so many people would buy movie tickets. The money that theaters made this season could be more than $2 billion if you add it all up.

Just like that, June ended and July arrived. Another batch of movies would be released. The studios were very busy competing for more theaters.

Even Spider-Man and other movies started to lose theaters as more movies would be released and they needed theaters.

From 3600 theaters, Spider-Man went down to 2700 theaters. It was a miracle that Sony-Columbia was able to keep the numbers up, because it was hard to keep the theaters open in the summer. Fortunately, Spider-Man was doing well and was making millions every day.

Although it won't be long before the number of theaters drops to 2000. That was a result that was impossible to overcome.

After so many hectic days and knowing that Fast and The Furious would have a steady trend, Kazir received an invitation from 20th Century Fox to attend the premiere of Legally Blonde.

Kazir was the scriptwriter of this movie although his participation was counted on one hand.

Cameron Diaz and Reese Witherspoon were competing for the female lead of this movie and Reese Witherspoon won the role.

Now Kazir had no idea whether he should attend the premiere or not.

++++

[Author's note: So should Kazir go to the Legally Blonde premiere? I will write a chapter about the red carpet of Legally Blonde if you say yes. I know this question has already been answered next chapter but I still want to read your opinion. Heck, you can even comment down that the author is so fucking stupid because he can't post chapter everyday.]

[Anyway, the last few chapters were like summaries. But what can I do, it was the summer schedule and I have no plot to add. Unless you want me to write about Kazir's mother instead. Maybe some scenes about Mara Cohen's modeling career?].

Nice chapter!

As for the premier... i guess he should go? it would be interesting having a Reese POV of the event though.

Also dont worry about the updates, been following this story since it had like 10 chapters. You update plenty frequently, though i won't deny that having more chapters would be awesome.

If he goes there would be growth if he does not go time will pass which will happened in either case depends on you unless you ade two version since there are over 100 chapters in advance

When I was little, my brother told me that when he went to the premiere of FF, in Tijuana Mexico in 2001, the people left the movie theater very excited and that in the parking lot there were a lot of tuned cars, and that they were burning tires and playing loud music, And he was there with his friends burning tires in an old car, Honda Civic sedan '83.

HWI 264 New
Hollywood What If Chapter 264

20th Century Fox bought Legally Blonde at a high price. The company bought it for $4.7 million after many negotiations with Rafael, the other agent responsible for Kazir.

Besides Salvatore, Kazir had two other agents who helped him in his career.

The first was Stetson, a writer and novelist who helped Kazir tailor the dialogue in his screenplay.

The other was Rafael, who filled in when Salvatore was busy with other work. Rafael was usually the one who dealt with the studios when they wanted to buy Kazir's scripts.

So yes, Rafael got a commission after 20th Century Fox bought Legally Blonde.

Anyway, Legally Blonde was one of the scripts that Kazir wrote, and he was attached to that project even though he didn't have any rights to it anymore. He was just a screenwriter and executive producer. Although, to be honest, his latter position was basically nonsense this time.

He only came to the set twice because he was also busy with Spider-Man.

He also had to show up for cameo appearances in Fast and The Furious and John Wick Chapter 2. Yes, Kazir still kept up the tradition of appearing in every movie.

In fact, he added that aspect to Spider-Man as well. He asked Stan Lee to do a cameo in Spider-Man and the old man was happy to do it.

The red carpet for Legally Blonde was extravagant. The red carpet was not red, it was pink. Almost everything was pink and yellow.

Of course, since it was his script, Kazir had to attend the premiere. Like last time with Napoleon Dynamite III, Angelina Jolie was with him.

The woman was interested in this movie. She was also interested in Reese Witherspoon. Last time, the woman made a good impression, but Angelina noticed something strange about Reese. She wanted to confirm her suspicions.

Angelina followed the theme and wore a pink dress. As for Kazir, the man wore a lame black suit and a yellow tie. He was the type who never wore anything colorful. If possible, he would wear baggy pants and a t-shirt just to feel comfortable.

The couple waved to the fans. Angelina and Kazir were celebrities. Lara Croft: Tomb Raider grossed more than $118 million after one month in theaters. However, the number of theaters showing the movie had been reduced to 1000.

There were so many movies coming out this July and August that some movies would suffer from a lack of theaters. Lara Croft: Tomb Raider was one of them.

As for Spider-Man, the number of theaters that showed the movie was down to 2000.

They were a perfect couple and they had chemistry. Well, they had been in a relationship for over a year and it was not that long to understand each other clearly.

The two didn't stay on the "red" carpet for long and instead went into the theater.

"Kazir, nice to meet you. I didn't expect to see you tonight."

"Tom, this movie was written by me, of course I'll be here."

Kazir shrugged and replied to Tom Rothman.

"Have you thought about our last conversation?"

After the Warner Bros. news, Tom Rothman contacted Rupert Murdoch, and 20th Century Fox got the green light to acquire Grey Pictures. Of course, this was just the beginning and there was no official statement from the company.

However, Tom Rothman had already given Kazir some indication of their intentions.

'I say that 20th Century Fox is helping me a lot. There's no news about Time Warner and AOL, so I think Warner Brothers is really interested in my company. But now that 20th Century Fox has joined the competition, the chance of getting a better deal is higher.'

If he sold at least 30% of his shares, he could get $1 billion from one of them. But Kazir was not interested in money.

What he wanted was shares. That was the only way he and Grey Pictures could survive. As long as he had stock in Warner Bros. or 20th Century Fox, he could sit on the board and influence their decisions. He could protect his company and his profession.

'You have to be part of the family to be treated like one. So I'm not going to sell it, I'm going to trade it for shares instead.'

For someone like him, who made millions every year, money was just part of the excitement. But the main source of his happiness was making movies.

Just as chairman Michael Eisner had a hard time kicking out Harvey Weinstein because the brothers had shares in Walt Disney, Kazir would grab the leg and never let go of the protection.

"I'm still thinking about it."

Kazir smiled and answered briefly. He wanted to wait a year or two before looking for the best company to join. Even Walt Disney or Universal Pictures were no problem, he would be happy to work with them if the price and conditions were right.

"That's good to hear." Tom Rothman didn't stay long and left the couple alone.

Angelina giggled, proud of her man.

"You're going to promote your movie in Japan next week, right?" She asked.

"Yes, Japan is the hometurf of Sony and they want all the cast to be there for the premiere of Spider-Man. Even the publicity in Japan is so strong that Sony has hyped the movie."

"Since you're going away for a week or two, how about we go to the beach and have some fun? Paramount Pictures will be promoting Lara Croft internationally, so we will also be busy next week."

"Okay."

Angelina took his arm and pulled him to a certain place. Angelina hadn't forgotten why she was at this premiere, to tease Reese...

The actress found Reese talking to someone and grinned.

"Hi, Reese. Congratulations on your new movie!"

Angelina greeted the woman excitedly.

"Huh? Ah, thanks."

Reese was surprised at first, then she responded when she saw Angelina and Kazir. Reese looked great, and she was with someone.

+++++

[Author's Note: All right, I'll say it. Reese is done with Kazir, feelings and emotions can fade with time. The woman has really moved on and I'll write it in the next chapter].

[Just to remind everyone, do not take this novel seriously. Just think of this novel as a parody.]

HWI 265 New
Hollywood What If Chapter 265

A man stood next to Reese and it seemed that they were quite close. The distance between them seemed to be zero.

Angelina was surprised and didn't expect this situation. Nevertheless, she kept her smile and congratulated the woman.

Kazir also approached Reese and greeted her.

"Congratulations Reese, Legally Blonde is going to be a box office hit."

"Thank you, Kazir. It's your script, so I believe the same."

"..."

Angelina didn't expect Reese to answer Kazir. She even looked into Kazir's eyes without hesitation. Reese didn't show any embarrassment, she was just happy and true to herself.

It was then that Angelina realized that the woman had changed. Last year, at the premiere of Napoleon Dynamite III, Reese could not look at Kazir, but now she was fine. She was no longer affected by Kazir.

"Oh, I forgot to introduce my friend. Angelina, Kazir, this is Ryan Phillippe."

"Nice to meet you, Ryan."

"Nice to meet you."

The two men shook hands.

Ryan Phillippe was an actor. He had starred in I Know What You Did Last Summer, 54, Playing By Heart, and Cruel Intentions.

"I'm a fan of your movies, director."

"Is that so? I'm glad to hear that."

"I tried to audition for Wanted, but I didn't make it past the second round."

"Maybe we can work together next time."

The two men began to talk about their jobs. They almost forgot about the women next to them.

"Um, we're going to go now. Have fun, guys."

Disappointed that she didn't see the result she was looking for, Angelina decided to pull Kazir away from the couple. She thought she would see Reese getting uncomfortable, but she saw none of that.

'She moved on. Wow...' Angelina didn't expect that outcome.

Feelings and emotions can change and disappear. Kazir and Reese had not seen each other for almost three years. It was enough for a person to change.

"Aren't you going to say anything?"

Angelina and Kazir sat down.

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"About Reese and her boyfriend."

"They look perfect together. I can see they are in love. I'm happy for them."

Kazir wished his friends and relatives a good life. No one deserves to suffer.

"...Kazir, you really are a nice person."

Angelina sighed and kissed him on the cheek. She loved that about him. She knew that Kazir meant it when he said it.

'That's good, because I don't want him to be jealous that his ex got a boyfriend. His feelings should only be for me.' she giggled.

In the last few months, she heard a lot of rumors that Kirsten Dunst was trying to get closer to Kazir. Angelina could testify that the rumors were true, she witnessed it herself when she visited the set of Spider-Man. Of course, she signed a non-disclosure agreement before entering the set.

Anyway, she saw Kirsten trying to flirt with Kazir. The good thing was that Kazir was always serious about his work and had no intention of playing with the actress. However, Angelina was still mad about it, so she dominated Kazir in bed... for a few seconds.

Kazir was not a toxic person, and he was genuinely happy that Reese had found someone to love.

'He is not toxic, but he just loves movies so much. I think he loves movies more than I do...'

"Angelina, why are you looking at me like that? Why are you sulking?"

"Nothing, don't mind me."

She said.

A few minutes later, the movie started and the theaters went dark. Movie trailers for upcoming movies began to appear one by one.

The first weekend of Legally Blonde grossed over $27 million.

This cemented the fact that Kazir Grey's scripts could make money, especially if they were in the comedy or action genres. Unfortunately for the studios, Kazir never sold any of his action scripts. He only sold comedies, well, they were profitable, so it was not a problem.

While Legally Blonde was making money, Spider-Man was doing the same.

The superhero movie grossed $382.53 million after 45 days in theaters. Many believed it would be the highest grossing film of the year domestically.

'Maybe worldwide. But too bad, there are two movies that can challenge Spider-Man at the top.' Kazir thought as he sat in one of the seats of a private plane.

Sony gave them a private plane to use for this worldwide tour. Their first stop was Japan.

'Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings will officially start their huge franchise this year and one of them can become the top 1 highest grossing movie of the year. If I'm not wrong, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone will be the highest grossing movie this year.' he recalled the hype regarding this series.

The cast of Spider-Man had a "light" celebration on the plane. Tobey Maguire and James Franco had a showdown to see who could drink a bottle of beer the fastest.

Tobey Maguire was recommended by Leonardo DiCaprio because they were friends.

As for James Franco, Kazir cast him because he wanted to keep the original cast. Even though he heard that this guy had some scandal...

Anyway, Kazir didn't give a fuck. He knew and accepted the truth about Hollywood, this industry was filled with disgusting people.

"Aren't you going to join them?" Kazir asked his friend Willem Dafoe.

"No, I'm not used to partying. I like alcohol, but not bars and parties."

"Yeah, we are the same."

"It's funny because you're two decades younger than me, but you act like you're already in your 70s. Kazir, you should act like you're your age."

"Willem, I think I act my age."

"Okay."

Anyway, the two "old" men drank a toast and enjoyed the taste of a fine wine served by the flight attendant.

It was a good thing the media wouldn't be there to greet them and they would go straight to their hotel to rest. Otherwise, the newspapers would have reported that the cast of Spider-Man was drunk when they landed in Japan.

I hope he will not make the MCU, and instead make a franchise out of Warhammer, World of Darkness, or even mechwarrior instead, it is getting kind of boring seeing him use ideas of other people when he already out grow the "I need to make a name for myself" stage.

HWI 266 New
Hollywood What If Chapter 266

Promoting a big movie was very difficult. Since Spider-Man was predicted to gross more than $400 million outside the U.S., Sony-Columbia felt they needed a lot of publicity.

The cast of Spider-Man went to Japan as their first stop. The culture of Japan and the U.S. were not the same at all, and the Americans had a hard time adjusting to their week in Japan. Only Kazir knew how to use chopsticks.

Fortunately, most of the major countries that contributed to the box office were English-speaking, such as Great Britain and Australia.

Kazir was a famous and important director. With that in mind, Kazir personally told Frank Price that he would only promote the film for three weeks. After that he would return to the U.S. to attend the premiere of John Wick Chapter 2.

Frank Price had no problem with that. Kazir was the director but he never showed his face in the movie, the audience wanted to see the cast like Tobey Maguire and Willem Dafoe more than him.

Another reason was that Frank Price wanted to maintain a good relationship with the director. He was working with Kazir for the fourth time and he knew that Kazir was an amazing talent.

John Wick

The Bourne Identity

Wanted

Spider-Man

These four films were distributed by Sony-Columbia and they were all successful. Unfortunately, Sony-Columbia couldn't maximize their profits because three of these movies were solely owned by Grey Pictures.

But hey, Spider-Man did well, so that's good.

Recognizing this fact, Frank Price even went to Sony headquarters to get approval to take over Grey Pictures. Sony-Columbia was weak because they couldn't make a successful franchise. If Sony-Columbia acquired Grey Pictures, that problem would be over.

Sony was promoting their DVD players to the masses and Sony-Columbia was an important part of that project. Even though Sony-Columbia was currently surviving, Sony wanted to maintain its position in the US.

Sony's management felt that acquiring Grey Pictures would be a good thing, so they decided to start an acquisition plan. Besides, Grey Pictures was just a start-up company and the highest net worth it could get was $4 billion... Unless the Big Five decided to compete and increase the value of Grey Pictures.

Three companies had already agreed to acquire Grey Pictures. Although there was no official announcement and they were all still in the watch and listen stage.

Another reason why Frank Price let Kazir leave the promotion earlier was because John Wick Chapter 2 was also going to be distributed by Sony-Columbia. If Kazir's presence would help the movie sell more tickets, then Sony-Columbia would let the guy attend the premiere.

According to the contract, this was the last time Sony-Columbia would distribute their films. Grey Pictures and Sony-Columbia signed a deal for four movies.

After that... Kazir's plans were unknown at the time, and it was not certain that he would renew the contract.

One thing was for sure, Sony-Columbia would not fall for another 20% of the box office as a distribution fee. This contract was a terrible deal for Sony-Columbia.

In exchange for Bruce Almighty and writing the screenplay for 21 Jump Street, Sony-Columbia bled a lot. Although working with Grey Pictures has given them something good as well.

Now more audiences are realizing that Sony-Columbia is getting better because their recent movies have been mostly successful.

Late on the night of August 16, 2001, at the Dolby Theaters in Los Angeles, the lobby was filled with fans eager to see the movie.

Also, most of the fans were wearing black tuxedos. They looked professional and neat. Most of the men in tuxedos had shoulder length hair and beards. Some of these were fake, but most were real hair and beards.

Kazir heard that his fans were starting to get a reputation. He decided to reach out to the fan base and invited 100 Grey fans to the premiere.

This was the first time Grey fans were officially invited to a premiere. Kazir also promised Grey that he would sign autographs after the premiere in the building next to the Dolby Theater. The fans could get their merchandise signed by the famous director himself.

Kazir attended the premiere alone because Angelina was promoting Lara Croft: Tomb Raider overseas.

Before Kazir could enter the theater, he heard a loud cheer from the fans. He turned to find Tom Cruise walking down the red carpet.

The actor waved to reporters and fans, basically stealing the spotlight. Tom Cruise remained famous for the next two decades. One of the actors who maintained his popularity and relevance throughout the decades.

"Show-off." Kazir chuckled.

He was actually the one who had invited the actor to see John Wick Chapter 2. He wanted to talk to him about possible movies they could work on together.

But surprisingly, Tom Cruise did not attend the premiere with his wife. Maybe the rumors were true. Maybe the relationship between them is already over.

Maybe Eyes Wide Shut (1999) made their relationship rocky because that was the last time the couple worked together and the result of the movie was good but not the best.

The cast of Eyes Wide Shut was star-studded. Tom Cruise, Nicole Kidman and director Stanley Kubrick. Damn, it was basically a dream team.

The production cost of Eyes Wide Shut was $65 million and the box office was $162 million. So yeah, not too bad. Unfortunately, the couple went cold on each other after that.

+++++

[Author's Note: Next year, I want Kazir to compete for the Oscars. I like Tom Cruise as an actor, so he will work with him. I'm going to make a poll about the possible movies they can make to win Best Director and Best Actor].

[By the way, do you want Kazir to change his girlfriend or stay with Angelina for a while? I can make a poll about that as well]

[Edit: The patrons had decided the fate of our MC.]

[Another Edit: I know some of you might not like Tom Cruise, but bear with me. I've watched Tom Cruise movies when I was a child and I can say I'm a fan. I like him as an actor. As for his personality outside his job, I can't say he is perfect. My favorite Tom Cruise movie is War Of The Worlds.]

Stay with Angelina, she works well as his partner.

As for the Oscar moveis, go for it.

If he is going for the Oscars I hope he does more than copy and paste a movie. Otherwise, Kazir won't win an Oscar no matter what he does, the original writer and director would be winning an Oscar, Kazir would just be "accepting it."

If he is going for the Oscars I hope he does more than copy and paste a movie. Otherwise, Kazir won't win an Oscar no matter what he does, the original writer and director would be winning an Oscar, Kazir would just be "accepting it."
... I already want to apologize to you. Your opinion is right, but this novel has more than hundred chapters already and I can't change it anymore. However, I'm also coming up with the plot that Kazir will face his fear and start an original movie that he created. This is part of his character development as a person.

... I already want to apologize to you. Your opinion is right, but this novel has more than hundred chapters already and I can't change it anymore. However, I'm also coming up with the plot that Kazir will face his fear and start an original movie that he created. This is part of his character development as a person.

I mean, that's not really an excuse to not change some stuff and improve the story. I'm sure your Patrons would understand if you told them that you want to edit a couple chapters and change things to be better. No first draft is ever perfect, and if no author ever edited things because they are "too far ahead" there would be really few good stories out there.

That said, when Kazir "wins" the Oscar that he doesn't deserve in the slightest, I hope it at least tastes like ash in his mouth. To show that he is realizing that he really hasn't accomplished anything other than being a placeholder for those who actually made those movies, and actually had the talent.

HWI 267 New
Hollywood What If Chapter 267

Viggo Mortensen received so much applause from the fans who watched him walk down the red carpet. He still had shoulder-length hair and a short beard. He was John Wick.

He looked around and noticed that behind the reporters who kept clicking their cameras, there were a bunch of people who looked just like him...

It was like he found his twin... So many twins. The fans wore black suits. They have shoulder-length hair and beards, just like him. They were a bunch of clones.

Viggo heard that some fans of the Continental Cinematic Universe were invited to the premiere, so Viggo was calm about it.

He could see that these people loved John Wick because they were wearing his outfit.

After modeling for the reporters and being interviewed, Viggo entered the theater.

The first person he found was Kazir Grey. Viggo had so much respect for this guy.

Kazir was an honorable and talented person. Viggo admitted that this director was the one who gave him a career. And he was grateful for that.

So he approached the guy to express his gratitude.

Kazir saw Viggo approaching and sighed.

"Viggo, if you say, 'Thank you for casting me,' I'm going to sucker punch you.

He had heard that line from Viggo so many times that he was tired of it.

Viggo was surprised at first, then shrugged.

"I just wanted to congratulate you, Spider-Man is a box office hit."

"Glad to hear it."

Kazir nodded.

"I hear The Lord of the Rings is coming out in December."

"That's right."

New Line Cinema and Warner Bros. had already announced that they would release the epic fantasy film on December 19, 2001.

This should make the other studios back out of that date and find another date to release their movies. So far, none of the Big Six has announced that they will release their movies on December 19th. Which means their plan worked.

Monopolizing a week of theatrical release was good for The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship of the Rings.

Everyone knew about the movie and New Line Cinema had invested so much money in the movie. If all went well, they would make a profit.

New Line Cinema only invested in the first movie because they were not sure if The Lord Of The Rings would be successful. If the movie was a hit, they would approve the investment for the 2nd and 3rd sequels.

This was the same situation with The Matrix. Warner Bros. was not sure if the movie would do well, so they only invested in the first movie. But after knowing that The Matrix was successful, Warner Bros. didn't hesitate and immediately approved the filming of The Matrix Reloaded and The Matrix Revolutions.

"I heard there was some trouble on the set."

"Well, how can I explain it? Fans of the novel protested and infiltrated the set, destroying some of the props. They felt that the movie would tarnish the reputation of the story that J.R.R. Tolkien spent his life telling."

"You know, these people grew up reading the series and they are afraid that their childhood memories will be replaced with something bad if The Lord Of The Rings is badly adapted. However, it's fucked up for them to cause trouble on the set."

"Some of the crew got hurt because of them. Sometimes you can't be civil with obsessed fans. They will not hesitate to commit crimes."

Viggo sighed as he spoke.

"Seems like you speak from experience."

"Well..." Viggo smiled weakly. "An obsessed fan followed me to my hotel room and entered the bathroom while I was showering. She was naked and hugged me from behind. I swear, not a good experience at all."

The woman was beautiful, but that didn't make things any better. Viggo forgot to lock his room because he was too tired. A few minutes later, a female stranger hugged him.

Viggo almost had a heart attack when this happened. Fortunately, he calmed down and handled the whole thing peacefully. He called the guards and threw the woman out.

The woman kept saying she was John Wick's wife, which was not funny at all.

"I realized that being famous is not so easy... At least this shows that I'm already a famous person, haha."

He tried to lighten the atmosphere with a joke, but he noticed that Kazir was looking at him seriously.

"Hire a bodyguard. Or hire an assistant who can be a bodyguard."

"Should I?"

"Such things should be taken seriously. Lock your door, always."

"Yes, I started doing that after the incident."

The two were silent for a few seconds.

"I think The Lord Of The Rings: Fellowship Of The Rings will be successful."

Kazir muttered confidently.

"It's comforting to hear that from you. I'm nervous about The Lord of the Rings. I spent two years in New Zealand just to be a part of this project. I was also a fan of the novel, and it's an honor to be part of the cast, no, it's an honor to be Aragorn. But sometimes I can't help but be nervous. Maybe if someone like you are the one directing this movie, I'll be 100% confident. A lot of small and big problems happened during the filming of this movie. I'm not even sure if there will be a sequel."

"Am I really that great?"

"That's right. Your presence is enough to make things better."

"Damn..."

Kazir was speechless and a bit embarrassed. The flattery was too much.

"How is it working with Fremont? This is his second movie."

Fremont Smith was invited by Disney to direct John Carter, but Fremont turned the offer down.

The last time Kazir heard from John Carter, filming was underway, with a possible release next year.

"He's doing well. He swears sometimes, but overall he is fine." Viggo said of Fremont.

"If a director doesn't swear once in a while, he's not a director."

Cursing was already part of the English language. "Fuck" has so many meanings that people sometimes used it to praise someone, like: "Fuck, you're so beautiful." Or "You're a fucking genius!" Or "Fuck me in the ass, you big stud!"

HWI 268 New
Hollywood What If Chapter 268

The plot of John Wick Chapter 2 was the same as the past life Kazir saw. Some scenes were added and some scenes were deleted, but the overall plot was basically the same.

There were also some cameos about Wesley Gibson and Raizo that made the movie more exciting. But the one who made the movie complete was none other than John Wick himself.

His fights were all amazing and there was never a boring moment in the theater. The last few minutes were even more exciting after the High Table announced that John Was was "excommunicated".

The audience stood up and clapped their hands. As always, CCU movies always delivered. They stuck to their formula, but took it to the next level.

The cast stood on stage and bowed. The premiere usually had some interviews and the reporters asked the cast and the director about the project.

Unlike the last time, when Fremont was in tears, the black director was calm and confident in his speech. He decided to keep his fade haircut instead of growing his hair out and going back to his afro look. Being a director was very stressful and busy. Keeping his afro hair was never an option in this job. Hell, there were times when he couldn't shower nor fix his hair at all.

Fremont and Viggo were the stars of this project, so most of the questions were directed at them.

After two successful movies in a row, Fremont seemed to be climbing up the ladder of great directors. Directors who had box office appeal, someone who could make a profit from their art.

Kazir knew his work was done and decided to take the next step.

Kazir and Sony-Columbia signed a contract for Kazir to direct two Spider-Man movies. Sony-Columbia wanted a trilogy deal, but Kazir's side had the upper hand, so the result was only two movies.

Sony-Columbia decided to release Spider-Man 2 in 2004, three years from now.

That gave Kazir two years to do his thing.

After much deliberation, he decided to compete for the Best Director Award at the 75th Academy Awards in 2003.

Actually, Kazir had so many ideas in his head, but he didn't know what to choose.

So first he talked to Tom Cruise and asked the actor if he wanted to compete for the Oscars.

Tom Cruise has been nominated for four Academy Awards in his entire career, but he has never won.

He was nominated twice for Best Actor for his roles in Born On The Fourth Of July and Jerry Maguire.

Have you ever seen Tom Cruise in a wheelchair with a thick mustache and long, bald hair? Yes, the handsome young actor tried to destroy his career for his role in Born On The Fourth Of July, which earned him a Best Actor nomination. But oh well, his sacrifice didn't win him a golden statue.

Tom Cruise was famous for choosing safe roles and maintaining his image as a good-looking guy. He rarely chooses roles that could destroy his image.

Seven years after Born On The Fourth Of July, Tom Cruise took the role of Jerry Maguire, but that was not enough for him to win a golden statue either.

Last year, in 2000, Tom Cruise was nominated for Best Supporting Actor for his supporting role in Magnolia... He didn't win either.

As for his fourth nomination... It would come 23 years later, a Best Picture nomination for Top Gun: Maverick.

None of his four nominations won him a statue. Everyone admitted that Tom Cruise was a superstar, but the golden statue was not meant for him.

Kazir has long been a fan of Tom Cruise, even in his former life. The fact that Rain Man was Kazir's first job in the industry added to that.

Kazir and Tom had a brief conversation on the set of Rain Man, and that memory stayed with Kazir, giving him the truth that actors and actresses are human: An ordinary person like him had the chance to talk to Tom Cruise as if they were just two ordinary people.

After that, Kazir decided to become one of his fans. It was as simple as that. Maybe Tom Cruise was one of the reasons why Kazir decided to become a director.

Even if it sounds silly, Kazir wanted to return the favor by inviting the actor to be the protagonist of his project... Um, he was still not sure what kind of movie he wanted to produce.

First, he had to ask Tom about his opinion on attending the Oscars.

"The premiere is not over yet, but you already left the place, why is that?"

"Nah, it's their movie, not mine. They should get all the attention."

"Wow, so our talented director Kazir Grey is actually arrogant. He thinks he is attracting the attention of reporters."

"I should say that to you as well. I saw some people asking for your autograph. Bruh, you're just a guest, you should act like one."

Kazir and Tom teased and laughed at each other. They clanked their wineglasses, having fun.

Kazir didn't talk about Tom's love life because it could be a sensitive subject. Instead, after a few shots, he asked Tom for his opinion on the Oscars.

"Tom, what do you think about the Academy Awards?"

"Hm?" Tom was quite surprised, but perhaps because of the alcohol, he didn't mind the question.

"If you're asking me about the Academy Awards, it's a program that glorifies Hollywood. I admit that the members are prejudiced and never like the opinion of the public, but the Academy Awards is indeed one of the reasons why Hollywood stands still."

"Are you interested in a gold statue?"

"You mean the Oscar's best actor award? Of course I am. That's every actor's dream in this business. The Academy Awards are full of shit, but I can't deny that the prestige it brings is powerful. It means that the industry has accepted the truth that my acting is worthy of an award."

Tom Cruise began to chatter about his thoughts on the Oscars. As for Kazir, he just listened.

The next day, Tom Cruise would realize that Kazir had a reason for asking him questions about the Oscars.

Whilst Kazir Grey has a mysterious new role for Tom Cruise in the CCU Universe, which Tom Cruise has no idea why Kazir Grey asked such an innocuous question about in the first place.
As Spider-Man 2 is also in Kazir Grey future by Sony/ Columbia deal
Meantime, Fremont gains fame and beyond being Kazir Grey protégé in producing John Wick chapter 2 and expanding the CCU Universe in Hollywood industry arena.
Hollywood Reigns!
Continue on
Cheers!

HWI 269 New
Hollywood What If Chapter 269

The first weekend of John Wick Chapter 2 was as successful as many expected.

The movie grossed $49.45 million on August 19. With that, the two Continental movies were released and are currently doing well.

The Fast and The Furious has earned more than $131 million at the box office and would have its first international release next week. The cast of The Fast and The Furious would have a world tour to promote the movie... John Wick Chapter 2 would do the same next month.

Spider-Man also did something incredible. The movie grossed $403.62 million after almost three months in theaters. In North America, the movie was already losing steam, with daily grosses dropping to $1 million at best. The number of theaters showing the movie also dropped to 700.

Nothing bad, Spider-Man had already proven itself at the North American box office. Few movies could compete with it this year, only Harry Potter and The Lord of the Rings could do so.

On top of that, the international box office took in more than $121 million, bringing the total to $524 million. But unlike North America, overseas was just experiencing the Spider-Man craze, and the tickets sold would only continue to grow.

Spider-Man was PG-13 and families could see it together. It was for all audiences. Plus, the movie had a great reputation, and fans continued to praise it.

As a result, sales of Spider-Man merchandise also increased. Sony-Columbia and Marvel Comics were having the time of their lives.

Of course, Kazir was having a good time, too. After all, he was getting 7% of the sales. The contract was for 10 years, so Kazir had a steady source of income.

Another thing was the 27% share of the worldwide box office! Damn, that was huge.

Kazir had already received his $27 million salary directly into his bank account... He had so much money, but he didn't know what to do with it. Maybe he should also start investing in companies. He should invest in Apple, Google and Amazon.

Anyway, now that Spider-Man has grossed over $524 million, Kazir should get $141.48 million... That seems about right.

Sony-Columbia may have to pay him in 4 installments because releasing that amount of money could affect the company's operations.

Sony-Columbia could not do what New Line Cinema did to Peter Jackson because they needed Kazir to direct the 2nd film. They couldn't scam Kazir. So they have to accept this outrageous result.

Although they admitted that Kazir was worth the contract because the movie was a massive success. They just didn't expect to lose a huge amount of money. In fact, hiring big directors is quite difficult.

Sony-Columbia wondered if someone from the Big Six could break their record of 27+27 contracts.

If one of the Big Six hired Kazir, maybe.

A lot of big movies were released in August because it was the last month of summer.

The Princess Diaries and Rush Hour 2 both released in the first week.

American Pie 2 and The Others in the second week.

John Wick Chapter 2 in the third week.

Each of these films crossed the $100 million mark at the box office. Considering the circumstances, surpassing the $100 million mark was already an achievement. More than 40 movies were released this month, but only 5 movies reached $100 million, so it was something to be proud of.

Just like that, the summer season ended and September arrived.

After being so busy for so many years, Kazir decided to invite his family to his new house to celebrate his birthday.

Kazir's birthday was September 9th. Kazir was now 33 years old. He should probably take things seriously because he was really getting old now.

His birthday was extravagant, he spent his money on this special occasion. He rarely used his money and this was basically a miracle at this point.

"Happy birthday, baby!"

Angelina kissed his cheek after Kazir blew out his birthday cake, which had 33 candles.

Many of his friends came to celebrate his birthday. His new house was big enough to host a party for about 100 people.

"This is my gift."

Angelina was the first to give a gift. It was a card.

"... A wish card? What's that?"

"It means you can do whatever you want to my body tonight." She whispered.

"Oh honey, I've done what I want with your body. I have explored it so many times."

Kazir whispered back.

"You silly guy~~" She slapped him playfully on the shoulder. Angelina smiled and flirted with her man. She didn't care if Kirsten Dunst was staring at her from the corner of the house.

'Yeah, bitch. What are you gonna do about it?' Angelina flaunted in front of the young woman. She really loved seeing another woman get jealous every time she flirted with Kazir. Reese moved on, but it seemed Angelina had another woman to tease...

Of course, the cast of Spider-Man was invited to his party. Kazir has built up a huge network after working in the industry for more than a decade. So his birthday had a lot of celebrities.

+++++

[Author's Note.]

[Hi, I just wanted to say thank you for all your support. Your comments, likes, powerstones, and patreon subscriptions motivate me to keep going despite my mentality. I appreciate all your support].

[By the way, speaking of comments, I also appreciate your opinions and criticisms. One thing I've realized is that it's impossible for a perfectionist to write a novel, and I'm definitely not one...]

[Your comments and reviews, no matter how positive or negative, are allowed in my novel. Because all of your comments are interesting and have given me some ideas on how to move Hollywood What If forward].

[As for numbers, math, and grammar, don't expect me to step up my game. I've already accepted my fate, I'm stupid].

ill try to keep commenting even though only those in patreon can truly make instant changes, since we are like over 100 chapters behind, still a fun chapter,and did he buy rights to pokemon yet or any other cardgame, because tcg is basically printing money if done right

ill try to keep commenting even though only those in patreon can truly make instant changes, since we are like over 100 chapters behind, still a fun chapter,and did he buy rights to pokemon yet or any other cardgame, because tcg is basically printing money if done right
Since it's not a spoiler, nope. Kazir still haven't dabbled his hands in trading cards game... Because I also haven't done it and I have no idea what to do with tcg. And honestly, I'm too poor to even think of playing tcg, lol.

HWI 270 New
Hollywood What If Chapter 270

Kazir was born on September 9, 1968. He was named Kazir by his mother, something he knew. Although he and his mother were never close, he was indeed grateful that she gave birth to him.

Otherwise, Kazir would never have known this happiness. Sure, part of his life was filled with tragedy, but that was part of life. He knew that he would experience hardships along the way, but he was truly happy that he had experienced life.

His birthday party was fun and a lot of people from the industry attended. His family realized that Kazir's status in Hollywood was quite high. Aaron and Victor were happy to get autographs from Liam Neeson and others.

Kazir asked his family if they would like to stay at his house and spend some time with him. He already talked to them a few months ago and they agreed.

In fact, if they didn't agree, Kazir would do anything to make them agree. He has to beg them if he has to.

Aaron's apartment and most of their possessions were in Brooklyn, but it was better to be safe than sorry. What if Aaron decided to move his family to Manhattan on that particular day? Kazir would never forgive himself if he didn't stop that.

Kazir understood that he was only human. Just as he could not stop what happened to Princess Diana, he could not stop 9/11. This was a terrorist group we were talking about.

September 11, 2001.

Kazir invited his father and brother to play golf while Aaron's wife was with Angelina, spoiling baby Alissa, Kazir's niece.

Kazir admitted that he was not much of a golfer, unlike Victor and Aaron. The two loved to spend their weekends golfing or fishing. They even knew so many types of golf clubs that Kazir had never heard of in his entire life.

'I did the right thing by choosing golf to get their attention. Apparently, they want to play golf with me. A week's vacation is a good excuse.'

Kazir let the time pass. But he knew that tragedy had struck when Kazir saw Aaron's wife running towards them.

Aaron was confused, but when he saw the seriousness in his wife's teary eyes, Aaron knew that something had happened.

"Honey, you have to go back to the clubhouse."

Her eyes were red and she tried to stop herself from crying.

The three men returned to the clubhouse and the atmosphere was very cold. A lot of people were quiet, all looking at the television that was broadcasting the event.

"Huh? What happened?"

Aaron frowned, recognizing the building that had a huge hole in it and was belching smoke. It was one of the Twin Towers.

Even Victor could not comprehend the situation. The eldest Grey decided to contact his friends and ask them about the situation.

Suddenly, people were screaming and gasping as they saw another plane hit the second tower.

Some panicked, some fell silent, and some were shocked.

Aaron hugged his wife and their crying baby.

As for Angelina, she held Kazir's hand tightly.

Kazir's family thanked him. Without him, they might have died. Apparently, Victor and Aaron had a business meeting near the Twin Towers today, but they postponed the meeting because they were both taking a week's vacation.

Unfortunately, they decided to cut their vacation short because they had to return to New York to assess the damage. If the building they were using was affected, they would have to move their business to another location or perhaps another state.

Their business was an advertising agency, they focused more on physical advertising such as creating and printing flyers, although they had recently done radio and television commercials. They were trying to expand their business into online services as well. Their company was doing well and they had a lot of clients in New York... From the looks of it, their business could be affected by this incident.

However, they were happy and blessed to be alive and well.

Victor and Aaron sincerely thanked Kazir. Without him, they might have been dead.

Kazir knew that wouldn't be the case since Aaron and Victor were alive in his past life. Victor had died of a heart attack a few years later, after 9/11.

Kazir talked to his father about healthy living and eating. Victor now went to a gym twice a week because of Kazir's perseverance.

Still, it was better to be safe than sorry. So he planned his birthday and a week's vacation for his family. In the end, it seemed to work.

Victor booked a flight for them, but another obvious result happened. The airport was banned from booking flights. A few hours after the incident, there were almost no planes in U.S. airspace except for military jets. They sometimes saw the jets circling Los Angeles.

Victor and the others decided to stay at Kazir's place for another day. If the airport still wasn't allowed to book flights, then they had no choice but to take a road trip. But New York was on the other side of the country. It could take days, Alissa was still a baby and it could take a toll on her if they traveled that long.

In the end, the family decided to spend the week with Kazir. Naturally, Victor and Aaron contacted their partners for information about the incident. The building they were using was intact, but they had to close their business for a while.

Apparently, the Pentagon was also attacked by the terrorists. Four planes were hijacked.

Two planes crashed into the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center in New York. The third plane crashed into the Pentagon just outside of Washington, DC. The fourth plane crashed in rural Pennsylvania after the passengers fought the hijackers and prevented the plane from reaching the White House.

After a long time, everyone in the United States of America helped each other to overcome this tragedy. The time when everyone supported their country.

Kazir understood that he was only human. Just as he could not stop what happened to Princess Diana, he could not stop 9/11. This was a terrorist group we were talking about.
The agencies simply needed to be tipped off and share info. Kazir could've done something, as a film director he could've done a short film like his first successful movie on the lack of cooperation among the alphabet agencies and the realities of terror attacks to bring awareness to said vulnerability. Or even as a plotline in the Wanted-verse. He's already plagiarizing, why not do a positive one on the real world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back