• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Hyrule Rising (Zelda/Modern)

Nothing says reaching for the future then taking to the skies. Plus

Ace!
Pilot!
Zelda!

[X] the plane factory
[X] OH YES.

[X] The Shipyard
[X] Yes

[X] the plane factory
[X] OH YES.

If the plane factory is where the problem is, that's where we need to boost morale most.

Last edited:
- the shipyard
Churning out fishing ships, and seems to be doing fine. No clear indication of improvement, though might be good in combination to the next one, by making a better design for going longer and farther, into the deep sea area.

- a fishing ship
Fishing is giving good income, and is part of the staple consumption. Zelda thinks that there is a market for deep-water fish. On the other Zora's flipper, we are not too sure about mutations to aquatic lifeforms. The Zora is a good example of might-be, actually.

- on a train
No mention of trouble, but Zelda pin-points it as the one with the most far-reaching problem if it ever fails for any reason. Doing an audit there might be good business sense.

- the plane factory
The one with the most problem, on the other hand, crafting planes probably require better skilled workers and that might make them feel entitled to better wage (which might not be wrong). Aeronautics has always been a big thing, and having a good break there might be just the thing that Zelda's father requires.

- the steel mill
Doing pretty well, though there will always be grumbling about minimum wage. Unclear what we can do there to make a difference.

- OH YES.
- Yes
- No

While No probably won't get a vote, taking an OH YES might be detrimental to showing an adult and mature outlook to Zelda's Father.
. . . Can we call him Mister King? :D

Ahem. Anyway, on the other octorock tentacle, Zelda is indeed still a child, so a childish outburst/enthusiasm might not be amiss. So... Pick with your heart, I guess.

Last edited:
[x] the shipyard
[x] No

Here are the current votes.

1 [] Yes
3 [] No
2 [] OH YES.

1 [] The Shipyard
1 [] The Steel Mill
3 [] the plane factory
1 [] the shipyard

Could the sudden shipyard bandwagon explain why they are voting that way?

[X] The Plane Factory
Due to the Radiation, planes seem to be the best way to travel these days, so improving on that would probably be for the best.

[X] Yes

[] 7 Yes: (CptTagon, Guile, megrisvernin, theBSDude, StackedDeck, Xicree, theweepingman)
[] 3 No: (Cassiemouse, Xilph, Wootius)
[] 2 OH YES.: (redaeth, Bailey Matutine)

[] 5 the plane factory: (redaeth, Bailey Matutine)
[] 4 The Shipyard: (Guile, megrisvernin, Xicree, theweepingman)
[] 2 The Steel Mill: (theBSDude, Cassiemouse)
[] 1 the shipyard: (Wootius)

"We need to show that you're invested, that you aren't going to turn around and fire everyone for no reason." You muse. Well, actually you're working off an outline but father doesn't know that. "There aren't many more powerful messages than having your family help."

Your father started, as if shocked. "Can you repeat that, my girl?"

You take a deep breath. You can do this. "I. I want to help. You mentioned that the aircraft factory needs more workers. I think that a statement such as-"

"No. Absolutely not." Father responds as soon as he's recovered, eyes gleaming behind the clear plastic of his face mask.

"It's the most reasonable tactic."

"I can think of other ways. There's no need for that."

"I'm sure that you've already tried all of the other reasonable ways, father. I know you. You told me about this months ago, and if it's still going on then you've tried nearly everything that you can. I understand that you don't want me to be in any risk of harm but please, father, think this through. If my tutors can wear clean suits to come in to me, why couldn't I wear one to leave?"

After nearly a full minute of silence your father nods, once.

It takes another five minutes for him to relax back into his chair, and you can't help but give a small smile when he finally puts his arms back onto the arms of the chair.

"I . . . see."

"You do?" Your heart leaps into your throat and you clasp your hands together.

"But not the aircraft factory. You are still too ill-learned to work there, and the parts and machines are too complex to risk with an untrained operator."

"Ah." Your heart falls some, dreams of working with machines that coast through the sky suddenly much farther away.

"Not like that, sweetie." He hastens to add. "I'm sure you would do a wonderful job, but the tolerances on aircraft are exceedingly low, and the slightest mistake could put them even further behind schedule. The main idea is sound, and I believe that I have a few . . . appropriate openings."

Well at least you didn't fail completely. Whatever he's willing to give you won't be what you were hoping for, but perhaps it will be better then you're expecting.

"There is a cargo train to Birmingham running in a week's time, and one of my inventory checkers came down with the Sickness and had to be laid off. You could learn a little maintenance at the steel mill, if you promised to be careful and always wear your safety gear, or I could always use help administrating my businesses. Oh! And I suppose there's that thing in medical that's showing some promise with treatment and potential gains . . ."

He pauses, and you realize that he seems to want for you to respond and pick one now.

Pick one.
[] On-train inventory checks
[] Maintain machines in the mill
[] Bureaucratize the business
[] Do the hazy medical thing

[X] Maintain machines in the mill
If we want to learn how to maintain planes I guess we should start here.

[X] Do the hazy medical thing

Even under heavy supervision, easy to get a rip in the suit.

Note: I think we'd feel pretty bad for doing this stunt in medical, if it has anything to do with the 'disease' I don't want to make a commotion there, so it's better to avoid it

[X] On-train inventory checks

Mills are fucking scary. I want no part in one.

Totally unnecessary vote analysis.

[] On-train inventory checks
Skills : Memory, Math
Pros : Our perfect memory will make this easy. More able to spot incoming trouble on one of the life lines of the region.
Cons: Our perfect memory might make this too easy. Inventory is BORING! Oh god is it boring.

[] Maintain machines in the mill
Skills : Machinery, Math, Computers
Pros : The path to planes! Also needs manual dexterity so our memory is a less of an issue.
Cons : Mills are dangerous, Suits can be ripped more easily, leading to a medical check and possible discovery of our ears.

[] Bureaucratize the business
Skills : Math (math is needed everywhere!) Etiquette, Business, Finances, all that good stuff.
Pros : Time with Dad, Memory is a benefit here, lots of number crunching and probably interaction
Cons : Memory (same as Inventory), Time with Dad, Guilty Conscious.

[] Do the hazy medical thing
Skills : Medicine, Science!
Pros : SCIENCE! Possible cure for our mutations. (hah!)
Cons : Discovery by needing to go through detox and decontamination.

Planes still seems like a good idea, and this is the best were gonna get for the moment.

[x] Bureaucratize the business

-[X] Make it clear that you are doing this to become a "trained" operator, because you still feel that the aircraft are where your father most needs a trusted eye.

[X] Do the hazy medical thing

I think this gives us the best bet to understand mutation and what is regarded as the norm much better. We're incredibly paranoid right now given our mother's disappearance and our father's precautions, but understanding WHY he's so vehement and how most people would regard our minor mutations is likely to be very helpful in making rational decisions from now on.

Plus, medical knowledge is very practical. First aid, understanding mutations when we encounter them, and treating illness. I can't think of many cultures where doctors aren't incredibly respected, and given our memory it should be vastly easier for us to learn than most.

[] 1 Bureaucratize the business: (Wootius)
[] 2 Do the hazy medical thing: (Biigoh, drake_azathoth)
[] 5 Maintain machines in the mill: (redaeth, StackedDeck, VictoriousCoyote, Bailey Matutine, Cassiemouse)
[] 2 On-train inventory checks: (Xilph, theBSDude)

Okay. It looks like There's a hefty lead for maintaining machines in the steel mill instead of getting on a train, learning about something to do with the 'disease', and managing businesses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back