• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Increase the number of posts displayed per page

Garlandknight

Happiest Arbites
I mentioned this several times in the XF2 transition feedback thread, but I figured making a thread for this is both more appropriate and more visible.

Before the transition to XF2, threads in Reader Mode displayed 30 posts per page, which was a fine amount. Not too few, not too many, especially for someone who travels a lot and likes to read quests and fics on my phone to pass the time while on the road, and opened a few tabs worth of pages in Reader Mode and kept them loaded to have them ready to read while out of signal.

Now, Reader Mode displays only 10 posts per page, so I need three times as many tabs open to keep the same amount of story on hand.

Even discounting my particular use case, 10 posts per page is still too few because it means one must load three times as many pages to read the same amount of story posts, which is much less convenient.

Ideally, there should be an option to pick how many posts the user wants to be displayed per page, but at the very least the number of posts displayed per page in reader mode should be increased to 30, as it was before.

I am not convinced of increasing it to specifically 30, but I do agree that increasing the number of posts per page in reader mode is a good idea. Maybe 20 or 25?

On XF1, both the general page display and the reader mode page display were set to 30 posts per page, so making them the same (whatever it is) has precedent.

There is an option for posts per page. You can set it.

There is an option for posts per page. You can set it.
As far as I can tell, that option was added after this thread was made, and it doesn't affect Reader Mode, just regular viewing mode.

Thankfully, the number of posts per page in Reader Mode was increased from 10 to 20 some time today, which is much better but still not quite as good as 30 per page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back