• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Interest Check & Idea Thread

Interesting?

Tentative Yes.

[X] Look forlornly at this quest and suspect that you're being teased.

Oh, shiny, a Lyrical Quest.

Rohan.png

You called?

[X] Ask GM to update Robin Quest

[X]Yes

[X] Hope certain Tanuki find more free time... somehow to do this quest?

[X]Yes

Why must JJBA be such a continual source of inspiration?! Stupid awesome series, fuck you, I'm not starting a new quest until True Lady's Quest is done at the very least (lord knows Cosmos Quest will run forever).

So lemme ask you guys; when Joanna completes her bizarre adventure, what would you like to play next?

Trololololol Overdrive!

It's 1938, and you are Josie Joestar. Do you have a Grandma Erina and an Uncle Speedwagon? Or just Grandma Jojo? Maybe your grandmother has passed, but your grandfather is still around... whoever he may be...

Whatever. All you know is you have weird ripple powers and the Nazis are experimenting on shit they don't understand (again). Let's do this thing.

A Faithful Servant's Quest

The place: Cairo. The time: the late 1980s. The man with the world in his hands: Lord Dio.

Who are you?

[X] The Gamer

[X] The Gamblin' Man

[X] The Frozen Treat

[X] The Verdant Holy Man (no... I don't want to... please... help... someone...)

Duwang is not Crash: A Murder Mystery Quest

Leaning heavily toward Kishibe-sensei as the lead of this one, but I suppose we could play as Koichi or Hayato or someone. Yukako would doubtless make Lilithium very happy.

(Alternative titles depending on character selection: Gotta Knock A Little Harder Quest, Diamond Life Quest, Sounding A Mosaic Quest, Highway Chile Quest)

A GangSTAR's Quest

Shiobana Kodama, rechristened Giordana Giovanna. Will you pursue the path of a mafiosa? Or will you set out to find your father? Will you have more of a personality than your canon incarnation? Only time will tell.

(Alternative titles: Are You Experienced? Quest, Dona Eis Requiem Quest)

867-5309 Quest

A Doppio is You! Don't be fooled by your looks; you may be cowardly and a bit of a crybaby, but you're the boss' most trusted subordinate for a reason. He's depending on you to get this shit done, and get it done you shall!

(Alternative titles: Beechwood 45789 Quest, Moshi Moshi Quest, Party Line Quest, Will You Accept The Charges? Quest, Bitches Like Textin' Quest)

Giogio Dies At The End

Vento Aureo/John Dies At The End/Baccano/bits of Stone Ocean and possibly Steel Ball Run.

... I don't even know, man. Sometimes my brain runs away and I have to make do in the meantime with a grove of aspens and a bit of string.

FurikoMaru said:

How about... JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Heritage for the Future? ^_^

Also known as the video game version of Stardust Crusaders?

Midler's Quest~

Last edited by a moderator:
Would I lose cred if I admit I never played it? ^_^;

Write-in: Sherry Polneraff.

A Frenchwoman In England
You have killed the man with two right hands who killed (and raped) your dear brother. You have put Vanilla Ice on ice. Now what do you do? Well, Monsieur Jostar offered the use of his apartment...

Thelma and Louise Polneraff and Iggy
Abdul is dead, but the adventure of a woman and her dog is just beginning.

Walk Like An Egyptian
The cursed blade Stand Anubis is not so easy to get rid of as people seem to think. Sherry will learn this...

Aw, man, now you're reminding me of that great series of doujin shorts where Holly gets Star Platinum instead of Jotaro.

:'( "Dio did this to my poor boy?! He's so gentle! He just wants to be a marine biologist! >: < Daddy? Let's show this 19th-century bitch how we do things downtown!"

A marine biologist that happens to be built like four brick shithouses stacked together.

The Jostars have good genes.

Still, that sounds awesome. I'll have to look into that.

Two potential ideas.
---
Lady of Wardes
You have shamed your family for the last time. You are called home, to do the duty of any noble daughter of less than exceptional talent and iron will - to marry well, and fade into obscurity. Your husband is given a small viscountship, more than doubling his own crown-gifted parcel of land. But all too soon, Viscount Jean-Jacques Francis de la Valliere is called away, back to fighting your country's many enemies.

You are:
[X] Iron Louise; daughter of magic, wife of a mage, and in time, a mother of mages. It is all you have left.
[X] The Peasant's Ally. Without magic, what is the difference between yourself and your peasant vassals?
[X] The War Bride; you may be nothing, but your husband is of the highest class of mage. You will endeavor to be worthy of him.

---
It is:
[X] A world of blades, towers and other phallic imagery.
[X] A land of faeries

You are:
[X] A wandering swordsman (and his faerie companion). The world ended, but you survived. You lived when all about you died. ... But then everybody came back, remembering nothing. What is going on? Oberon, Lord of Faeries, would know.
[X] A penitent wanderer, once called the Player Killer. The War for the Tower continues into perpetuity. The era of peace never came. But you have stopped fighting. You are only a wanderer now, that you are.
[X] Some hear the call of greatness. A young goatherd has greatness thrust upon him. Hey, listen! The moon is falling.
[X] Your family is dead. Killed in a senseless act of nature. But that's okay; there is a way to go back and save them. You just need enough power... and you know? When people die, they leave these things called Remain Lights...

!!!!!

[X] A land of faeries
[X] Your family is dead. Killed in a senseless act of nature. But that's okay; there is a way to go back and save them. You just need enough power... and you know? When people die, they leave these things called Remain Lights...

NOX!!!! in Alfheim.

... all of you know I don't really like Nasu all that much. And that I don't know jack about it.

But aside from the rapey-ness and the part where he completely fails to be an entertaining and clever coward, Matou Shinji is pretty much my type. One of my types, anyway. At the very least he inspires some sympathy in me; kid never had any kind of chance once he turned out to suck at the one thing his family thought was important, from what I can tell.

If someone were to indulge me, I would greatly enjoy playing through one of those your-life-is-a-video-game quests with him as the protagonist.

Or, fuck, I don't know, something fun with Lancer; he's my other type, and every quest seems to delight in humiliating him.

Just as a side note, am I the only one put off by people takin' the gay joke route to do that? I mean... I'm pretty sure Cu Chulainn slept with guys from time to time. Granted I don't know exactly how off-model Lancer is from the real deal, but it never ceases to amaze me to see implications that he enjoys special hugs with manly men being met with 'grrrr' instead of 'dude, if there's a hole, it's a man's duty to thrust into it'.

It's that whole thing where internet nerds need to show off their manliness by being sternly disapproving of teh gayz.

... Actually, a QueerChulainn story might be amusing to read. Does anyone want to do this thing?

A Your-life-is-a-video-game quest starring Lancer in which the main (only) goal is to avoid all the bad ends.

It was a different time, Furiko. And Hell, the average hero has a few such episodes behind them. Back in the day it was common in way more than just Greece, particularly among the military. You needed a wife for children, but for fun? Oh yeah.

I've been half planning a Sengoku game based quest with Shinji Matou as the lead, but now I'm leaning more towards making it Gintama. I've never seen a good Gintama quest, and fanfics are light on the ground, too.

Lancer has fans, and there are some Lancer-centric stories. Like Lancer Gets Serious, where he's the main character. Yes, Gae Bolg jokes are the low hanging fruit, although if someone made a gay joke about my legendary weapon that tells time and space to fuck off in order to pierce your heart I'd be a wee bit annoyed myself.

Lancer is....really, really easy to make fun of though. Carnival Phantasm has a running gag of Lancer getting pulverized, and devoted an episode to Lancer realizing this and working to avoid it. Was hilarious.

It's a shame. Cu is actually absurdly badass, he's just fucked over in the war. Pair him up with a decent to great Master and I'd put him in the top contenders.

Even with the crappy Gae Bolg-lite Nasu saw fit to give him?

(Of course it's impractical. That's what makes him a badass. "Hey, hold on a second, need to pull this thing back out- unless you'd rather I beat you to death with my fists. Survey says the former's actually less painful.")

FurikoMaru said:
Even with the crappy Gae Bolg-lite Nasu saw fit to give him?

(Of course it's impractical. That's what makes him a badass. "Hey, hold on a second, need to pull this thing back out- unless you'd rather I beat you to death with my fists. Survey says the former's actually less painful.")

Gae Bolg-lite? How? In the sense that Gae Bolg can be survived? Saber's pretty much the only person we see manage to avoid instant death and even she's hurtin' bad.

Yeah, there's the whole 'Gae Bolg should kill a fucker dead without fail' but Nasuverse runs on the exceptionally exceptional badasses defying this kind of shit. Sometimes it's cool, sometimes it ain't.

Actually I was referring to the part where it doesn't send 30-49 massive barbs out into the veins of the victim upon impact, completely rupturing their circulatory system and everything else in their way. Impractical, because you have to either cut the body off your spear or put your foot on the body and yank it out, never mind the gibblets, but completely fucking awesome.

And tragic, because, well, Ferdiad.

Don't know where the makes-the-wound-before-it-hits thing came from, but it's definitely a step down.

FurikoMaru said:
Actually I was referring to the part where it doesn't send 30-49 barbs out into the veins of the victim upon impact, completely rupturing their circulatory system. Impractical, because you have to either cut the body off your spear or put your foot on the body and yank it out, never mind the gibblets, but completely fucking awesome.

...?

That actually happens. It utterly wrecks a person's shit internally with barbed thorns EVERYWHERE. And the wounds are unhealable. Lancer can take the thing out, but all in all it's still pretty potent.

And tragic, because, well, Ferdiad.

Don't know where the makes-the-wound-before-it-hits thing came from, but it's definitely a step down.

Eh, been a while since I kept Cu's history in mind, so I'm not entirely sure. Think it's related to how he never misses, or how his da Lugh has a sword that does pretty much the same. Friend of mine is a Cu fan, I might ask her sometime.

I stand corrected. It just seems like everyone makes a big deal about the time-travelling impact-moment, which just isn't as cool.

It is the most obvious. Also pretty WTF. The fuck-your-shit-up-with-THORNS is pretty nasty, but a spear to the heart is a spear to the heart, and it never heals. Cu can one-shot Aruceid the True Ancestor with it, and she's nigh-impossible to kill.

Well, that and the whole 'rain of spears that can kill a fucking army' move.

And we are lacking his ríastrad here dude needs to have a propper warpspasm to deal with all that stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back