1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Interest Check & Idea Thread

Discussion in 'Q&R Index' started by Vanathor, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Reinhard Von Lohengramm

Reinhard Von Lohengramm Con Tý

2. justinkal

justinkal Connoisseur.

3. Reinhard Von Lohengramm

They're plot elements.

4. Undying Litch-King

Undying Litch-King Not too sore, are you?

A number of years ago Innortal posted a Ranma / Evangelion crossover on FFN called "Duality" which basically revolved around the idea of Ranma and Shinji being the same person, and switching between the two realities whenever he goes to sleep. Sadly, the fic never got very far, but I kinda liked the idea. However, I didn't really feel like directly copying his idea, so I thought about applying the situation to a different set of fandoms, and eventually settled on Harry Potter and Percy Jackson, or rather the Riordan-verse as a whole.

Now, considering that I've had a lot more success in Quests and Journal Fics where I'm getting constant input from you all than I do with straight up Fanfiction, I decided to see if you guys were interested in such a Quest, where you'd be playing as Harry/Percy. Because of the nature of the canon narratives, the focus would probably be more on Harry during the School Year while he's at Hogwarts, and more on Percy in the Summer at Camp Half-Blood. Also, due to the Handwavium Nature of Magic, he'd have access to both Wizard Magic and Demigod Powers in both realities, so depending on where you guys would Vote to start the Quest, he'd have plenty of time to focus on developing his abilities.

Some restrictions, however. Wandless Magic doesn't work like Wand Magic and he won't be able to cast specific Spells without one when he's away from Hogwarts or in the Riordan-verse. He will be able to use things like Telekinesis, Minor Compulsions, Appearation, Mind Reading... basically a Teleporting Jedi, once he figures out how to do so. On top of that he'll have his Demigod Powers, but as with Wand Magic both they and Wandless Magic will trigger the Ministry's Magic Radar in the Potter-verse, and draw in Monsters in the Riordan-verse, so its a risk to use them anywhere he can be tracked to. Do you guys think that's enough to balance things, or should I take things a bit further?

Anyway, what do you guys think?

kinglugia likes this.
  5. Kelenas

Kelenas Experienced.

Well, I don't know anything about Percy/Riordan-verse, and HP isn't really my fandom, either, but the basic idea sounds like it could be interesting.
    However, it might get somewhat complicated/difficult to keep track of characters, events, etc. in both settings over time; kind of like trying to run two quests at once.

6. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

Harry/Percy. Huh, I remembered this one fanfiction that involved Harry is AU!Percy and vice versa.

7. Xilph

Xilph Well worn.

Well wandless magic is canonically a thing, it's just not very big in Europe and even outside of it where it is heavily practiced such as Africa wands are used because they are acknowledged to be definitely a good thing as far as magic goes. However I'd expect a similar case with training, unless Harry decides to go to school in Africa or something he's not exactly going to be great at wandless magic.

Apparition isn't taught until the last couple of years too, and has the concentration limit that makes it incredibly dangerous in combat, do you want to leave a body part behind because your concentration wasn't all there in the middle of a fight?

But yeah, the idea sounds interesting.

8. Blight Gecko

Blight Gecko Not too sore, are you?

So how is everyone for a Pretty Cure Roleplay?

9. UrsaTempest

UrsaTempest Yuri Fanatic, Archivist

Tell me more.

10. Blight Gecko

There is a huge lack of magical girl forums that are not Madoka/Madoka ripoffs, and the ones that aren't are usually from Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha. I wanted to have a play by post about a more traditional magical girl series, and I thought that Pretty Cure would be the best one. I tried making one on Fanfiction.net, but all the players there abandoned me without a word. Big shock, considering how low-brow that site is at times. So I thought: why not go on a different forum and ask them about it. I would like to drum up some excitement for it on this website. Heck, I am thinking about creating a thread that is all about making ideas. What do you say?

11. UrsaTempest

I'm interested, but can't say more beyond that until I see the pitch.

12. Blight Gecko

A pitch, huh? Hmmm...

I can't really think of anything in terms of actual themes, but I can tell you what rules I used in my last RP.

Basically you create a character with the usual name, backstory, personality, and appearance. And then, I added this:

Basically, in this way, you get to choose what your character's social life is like right from the get-go. It also is helpful for me because it reduces the number of NPCs I have to make! This kind of thing is really good for preventing the characters from being boring and shallow; even if their personality is lacking, I can give more life to characters the NPCs they make up instead.

The premise of that RP was that the villains would do something like creating a theme park with addicting food or convince the social outcasts at the local school to use violence against the more popular kids, and the Pretty Cure would use social interactions and nice deeds to help try to defuse the situation. And if the bad guys do end up creating a one of their hate-demons, the girls would have their poofy transformations to beat up the bad guys.

I guess it might be a little like Exalted in that social interactions and combat are both equally important.

UrsaTempest likes this.
  13. UrsaTempest

Ah, classic, straightforward magical girls, huh. Sounds interesting!

14. Blight Gecko

15. Blight Gecko

This is from my Pretty Cure thread. Come here if you want to have fun playing a classic magical girl in a Role Playing Game.

16. Lunahaile

Lunahaile The Fox-Queen of Misunderstandings

Edit- Wrong thread. AGAIN.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  17. Imabot

Imabot Connoisseur.

Sorry but I want clarify something. Is this supposed to be SFW or NSFW quest? If it is the later then you posted this idea in wrong place. It should be in NSFW section of this forum.

18. Lunahaile

Lunahaile The Fox-Queen of Misunderstandings

Goddammit. Seriously?!? Twice I've done that...

19. OverReactionGuy

OverReactionGuy The only Sane one left

Debating whether to start a quest where you guys play as a human incarnation of the cloud of darkness from final fantasy 3. Which the idea just sorta came to me because in final fantasy three the Cloud didn't have a personality beyond bringing everything to nothingness. And yet, in Dissidia, she gains a cruel and condescending personality.

So, I did some thinking about that, and had a lightbulb moment.

The Cloud probably gained that personality through her experiences in the cycles of battle between chaos and cosmos. Then I thought, since she gained a personality and became curious about the other fighters, and why they fought, and decided that it wasn't that farfetched that the Cloud of Darkness might want to experience more beyond its existence as a entity of the void after that.

Which lead to me writing a prologue for the quest itself, but I'm debating whether or not to actually run it since I don't have a good track record when it comes to this kind of thing.

Everytime I try running a quest I get sick for a month and stall on it. Literally, it happens every fucking time.

*ahem*

Sorry about that.

So, what do you guys think?

noahgab1133 likes this.
  20. noahgab1133

noahgab1133 Don't you trust me?

21. Undying Litch-King

Would anyone be interested in a Quest where, by Act of ROB, Shimi Skywalker wound up on Planetos working for the Starks, possably as Jon Snow's wetnurse on the way back from Dorne, rather than as a slave on Tattooine?

The Quest would follow Anakin's life, growing up alongside Jon and the Stark Kids. R+L=J is in effect, but not an entirely willing one (see "A Dragon of the North"), and Anakin is still the "Son of Suns" with all the raw power and talent that entails... just with no one knowing the first thing about The Force in this world.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
  22. Imabot

Imabot Connoisseur.

Re:Monster and Sword Art Online Idea with some changes to canon.

Kirito who is very motivated to save Asuna but only way to get into place of her capture is only open for Leader of dominant Fairy Race in the game. Kirito admit it not his style but decided to try reach position of a Race Leader and lead his people to greatness. But there is setback to this plan.

In Alfhein Online there one more Fairy Race, Goblins. No one want to play it because starting character are super weak stat and skill wise and they don't have flight ability. Really everyone consider this Race to be a some joke from developers. And apparently it was bad idea to upload character data from Sword art Online, because of some glitch corrupted his game and hardware and only Kirito character race he can chose is a Goblin.

Now Kirito only way to get to Asuna is to level up, and somehow make goblins Dominant race with him and only 299 other players of Goblin race. Thankfully, Goblins have ability that distinguish them from other races. They have Rank Up systerm that allows Goblins to evolve into different more powerful forms if they reach high enough level and fill few other required conditions. This give potential of turning Goblins into very versatile and unpredictable force that Kirito must take full advantage off If he want to save Asuna.

23. Undying Litch-King

So i just read a Quest over on Spacebattles that promised Emiya Shirou becoming a God via the Dark God CYOA. Now, I hadn't seen that one before, so I promptly Googled it and read through it, as I'm sure most of us would have. Which, of course, left me filled with ideas of how Shirou could use those abilities and how they would wind up applying to the Holy Grail War.

And then the author wound up chucking his newly ascended pre-war Shirou into a completely different franchise's universe, completely crushing the, admittedly presumptuous, hopes I'd had after reading through the CYOA. Thus, to sooth my battered dreams, I came over here to propose my own Dark God Shirou Quest, to see if anyone felt like giving it a shot.

Here's what I picked for Shirou's build:
    Quick Start +10EP (Essence Points) / +10IP (Influence Points)

World: Nasuverse +1EP / +1IP

Form:
    Teleport -1EP
    Psychokinetic -1EP
    Wrathful Avatar -1EP
    Pillar of Strength -1EP
    Pillar of Hope -1EP
    Demonforged (free via UBW)
    Twin Threats -2EP

God Powers:
    Resurrect -2EP
    World Gate -2EP

Empowerment:
    Knowledge -1IP
    Battle -1IP

Prophet: Mitsuzuri Ayako (Hero)

Divine Gifts:
    Magecraft -1IP
    Demonic Arms (free via UBW)
    Resilience -1IP
    Immortality -1IP

Dominion:
    Free Avatar -2IP
    Hellgate -1IP
    Summoning Site -1IP

Minions:
    Angels (Humanoid) -2IP

Angels Minions (7MP):
    Form – Transformation -1MP
    Form – Great Size (free as Transformation)
    Skill – Armsmaster (free as a Humanoid)
    Skill – Flight -1MP
    Skill – Healer -1MP
    Skill – Hypersenses -1MP
    Skill – Get Back Up -1MP
    Equip – Smiting -1MP
    Equip – Armor -1MP

Underworld: Unlimited Blade Works (conditions of both Hall of Heroes and The Battlefield) (+10UP) -1IP
    Manifest Deity -1UP
    Steward -2UP
    Restoration Cycle -2UP
    Realm Guardians -1UP
    Servants -1UP
    Dungeons -1UP
    Legendary Beasts -1UP
    Gladiators -1UP

MonoBear and noahgab1133 like this.
  24. Reinhard Von Lohengramm

25. Reinhard Von Lohengramm

26. DuskAtDawn

DuskAtDawn Of the Thousand Faces

/// The Littlest ANBU \\\

"How was it, short stuff?"

"Was what, Captain?"

"Didn't you just come from an Omai, Weasel?"

Ah, that. "Passably. I am not yet interested in such things, but Yoko is a wonderful girl. Perhaps I'll look her up in a few years, if she's still available."

"Hm." The man known only as 'Commander' or 'Captain' mused for a brief moment, and shrugged. "None of my business, but you do know that sooner or later a marriage contract's going to be written up if you don't pick someone?"

Unfortunately, you did. Father in particular was getting upset at the constant refusals to pick a girl and settle down, nevermind that you're only eleven. "I assume since you bring it up, you have advice on the matter?"

"Nope." your boss replied bluntly. "I'm married to Konoha. You don't get to have personal relationships with this job. It wouldn't end well."

"Still," he continued, "If you really want them to stop, just ask Sandaime-sama to talk to your mother. A pity Kushina's gone; she would have knocked some sense into Mikoto ages ago."

He knew full well you wouldn't bother the Hokage of all people with personal matters, so it was more prodding to find someone acceptable and stick with them than anything else. None of his business, your ass.

"Assignments for today?" You hoped there was nothing to do; little Sasuke was asking for training again, and you'd love to have some time off to spend with him. It was just the two of you in the building, everyone else already off on patrols or missions. It was one of the few benefits of having to fulfill the family obligations; having come in late, there may not be any work left to do.

"Just one. Normally Mouse takes up babysitting duty, but she's in Lightning visiting family, and everyone else avoids it like the plague, so it's yours. Sorry, kid."

Huh? "Babysitting? Is the Daimyo's family in town?" You didn't think they were; Father would have mentioned it.

Commander tosses a scroll in your direction. "Orphanage to the southwest, keeps all the high-risk orphans in one place. Bloodlines that can be dangerous to civvies, bastards of certain politicians, couple of kids that were too close to the Kyuubi and went mad. It's not hard work, just keep an eye on the front door. It's the only way to get in, the rest is sealed to high hell." You open the scroll, sign and date the line, and toss it back. "Watch for foreigners, civvies, and any ninja below Jonin. Not many people have clearance to go there, and less have reason. If someone's visiting and their name's not 'Sarutobi', chances are they're up to no good, so watch them close."

"When should I get involved?" Seemed like a boring, mindless job. Pity you weren't a Nara; that was their specialty.

He shook his head. "You don't, unless they're hostile. Just keep tabs, memorize faces, and write down names if given. Hokage-sama wants to catch someone trying something you're not cleared to know about, and getting involved is just going to muck that up."

///

Not finished yet, but I can't type much more for now. I'll finish it up today or tomorrow.

27. Reinhard Von Lohengramm

Reiny's Space Battle's v0.01 - Cassus Belli

I'm thinking of creating a system for space battles, war and politics.

I will be drawing heavy inspiration from Paradox Interactive mechanics, simplified for the purposes of forum gaming.

Cassus Belli

• Cassus Bellis can be added on after a war has been declared.
    • Conventionally, upon victory, the attacking power is bound by a 10 year truce.
    • There are also Cassus Bellis exclusive to certain factions.
    Annexation

The default Cassus Belli is Annexation. If a war is declared without any other Cassus Belli, it is assumed it is this one. This means that in the event of a Victory, one nation obtains all the territories the nation it has declare war against. In the case of a White Peace, the attacking nation loses Prestige and causes a lost in Ideological Power for the ideology they correspond to. In the event of a Surrender of the Attacking side, the Attacking nation must pay Reparations and loses far more ideological power.

Using the Annexation Cassus Belli also gives the defender the right to use the Counter Cassus Belli of Debellatio.

Using the Annexation cassus Belli always increases a nation's Infamy value.

Debellatio

Granted by a nation attacking with the Annexation Cassus Belli, Debellatio is a Counter Cassus Belli that extends the war for the defender (now known as the Counter-Attacker after using this cassus belli) beyond suing for reparations.

In the event of a Victory, the nation using Debellatio installs a puppet government and receives extremely heavy reparations from the losing power. Furthermore, the nation using Debellatio also gains huge amounts of Ideological Power. In the case of two Debellatios against the same enemy, this may cause a nation to be partitioned. In the case of a White Peace, the counter-attacker loses Prestige. In the case of a Surrender, the attacking nation, the aggressor of the original conflict who used Annexation, succeeds as per Annexation.

---

There are other, more limited Cassus Bellis.

Annex Core
    Distinct from the Annexation Cassus Belli, if a nation "has a core" on a different nation's territory, it may declare a far more limited war for it. A core is a territory is considered an integral part of a nation's territory, disregarding actual control.

On Victory, the attacking nation gains the Core territory and Prestige.
    On White peace, the attacking nation loses Prestige and Ideological Power.
    On Surrender, the attacking nation loses Prestige and Ideological Power and must pay reparations.

Salvation (Major and Minor)
    A Cassus Belli only available to Factions associated with Kriemhild Gretchen, using the Salvation cassus belli serves to expand the empire associated with Kriemhild Gretchen.

This Cassus Belli can only be used against Nations not worshipping Kriemhild Gretchen. Using this Cassus Belli requires spending Ideological Power. Using it also allows the defending power to call other nations of their same ideology into the war against the attacking power.

On Victory, the attacking nation gains the territories for which the Cassus Belli was declared. It it was Major, the whole nation is Annexed. Furthermore, the Destroy Incubatorians event is enabled. Prestige is gained and there is a net increase in Ideological Power.
    On White Peace, Prestige and Ideological Power is lost.
    On Surrender, Prestige, Ideological Power is lost. The Salvation Cassus Belli may not be used for another century.

28. OverReactionGuy

OverReactionGuy The only Sane one left

Penny's Curious Adventures
    A soul is a complicated thing. Even in a society that studies and uses it's soul extensively would barely figure out what makes a soul tick. But the ever burning curiosity would be there, especially if there was a dire need to find out.

As a soul is a weapon against the soulless.

So, perhaps it wasn't a surprise that even an artificially created being could gain one in this environment. It was a great and wondrous achievement, even though it was an accident. A machine with a soul. Not just a machine, but a girl. A lucky girl to have been made by a man with a good strength of character; that as soon as he realized just what had happened, immediately adopted the newly born soul. Instead of dissecting her, in order to see what made her so special.

Yes, such a wondrous existence.

The girl, now named Penny, who looked at the wondrous world she found herself in with wide innocent eyes.

But no one knew just how special she was. For deep in her soul was a power that hadn't been seen in Remnant in a long, long time.

Now, just what was that power?

[]The strength of heart and the power of the keyblade.
    []A spark of vast potential.

Now, then.

Where does the story of such an innocent soul start?

[]A new life, a new start. (beginning of Penny's life.)
    []School Days, a Team effort! (Penny goes to Atlas hunter's academy and meets her team)
    []A fight to the death, a world brought into chaos. (Penny and Pyrrha's tournament match)

Now go forth, your destiny is yours to shape. But beware of the darkness that lurks in the corner.

Start of a new quest that would hopefully fare better for me than my previous ones. Since I normally get sick a week or two after starting one and then end up stalling on them.

Rolls would likely be sparse. Likely only used for random encounters, and loot rolls maybe. Social is also a possibility. Honestly I haven't decided that yet.

Traits will be gained that would help your success in combat and various other matters.

I couldn't decide between a planeswalker or keyblade master. Each has their pro's and cons and would shape how the story and plot is presented.

Like whether the grimm would be manifestations of the darkness in the hearths of man, or black constructs generated for a purpose unknown.

The settings of where you end up going will likely be rather AU, so if you have to ask about it just assume it is AU.

If planeswalker is chosen, know this. I haven't played magic in forever, nor have I read the books. So canon Magic worlds are likely not going to be on the table.

Anyway, if this doesn't work out for me, I would probably ask someone to adopt this so it doesn't die since I think it could be a fun quest.​

noahgab1133 likes this.
  29. Xilph

Xilph Well worn.

Aww...

I wanted Girl Genius style spark, disappointed now. Ah well.

[X]The strength of heart and the power of the keyblade.
    [X]School Days, a Team effort! (Penny goes to Atlas hunter's academy and meets her team)

30. John At Dawn

John At Dawn Seeker of Answers

[X]A spark of vast potential.
    [X]A fight to the death, a world brought into chaos.