• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Is it really okay to use Getter Rays in a world of Otome Games? [MobuSeka/Getter Robo]

Created at
Index progress
Incomplete
Watchers
Recent readers

I was on the right island. I knew that I was on the right island. It was in the place I remember...
How big is Black Getter F
It's never really going to come up since it's the last Getter so there isn't really any need to compare sizes with its older relatives. But for scaling purposes, Armors in MobuSeka have some pretty wonky sizes. One book says that they are around 3 meters tall (like the Kobu from Sakura Wars) then volume 5 turns around and says that Leon jumped down 5 - 6 meters from the Arroganz cockpit. Making them maybe a bit bigger even though "modern" armors are definitely smaller than Arroganz.

Just for piece of mind, Black F is 18 meters (under half Getter-1s 38). Big enough for Leon to climb inside the head but make it cramped. Unfortunately, this means that Open Get will probably kill someone inside of it so none of that.

Official size comparison between Black Getter F and regular Armors for the story
JPEUMQw.jpg

I upped the size of Armors for purely aesthetic reasons.

I have to admit, the anime scaling of the Armors is just early Evangelion levels of hilarity.

Battle Music
As a bonus, here are the themes for each of the fights:

Ended up using a few tracks I really liked from way back. I applaud you if you actually know the source of Leon's theme.

What If Omake: A few notes off key
Why? How? When?

I was breathing hard inside Black Getter's cockpit as Holfort's Capital burned around me. I did everything right! When I found out what Marie was trying to do, I did what I had to do in order to get things back on track!

Olivia got together with Julius, beat the Villainess' champion, and I even left them a trail to the easiest Saint Relic!

When I was sure that Olivia was going to be fine, I started training with Black Getter. I stopped going to classes and just went back to the island.

I trained and trained and trained!

Everytime Control said that I should reconsider my actions, I just told it to just trust me and follow my orders. I beat the game back to front over and over again, I knew what I was doing!

When Fanoss attacked, I just came back and started eliminating enemies. There were probably some casualties on Holfort's end, but it was fine as long as Julius and Oliva were okay.

So why?! Why was I watching Olivia discard Julius' lifeless body?!

The girl who was supposed to be the Saintess turned her gaze up at Black Getter, her disheveled hair being unable to hide her empty eyes. She gave me a happy smile and an enthusiastic wave.

I gripped the levers in the cockpit tighter as a message kept blinking on the screen.

[Enemy of Humanity Identified]

What If Omake: Bang Bang
I actually had a wildly different ending for the arc originally. I didn't use it because it messed up a lot of things I wanted later on. So, have it as an omake!

There was a weird energy between me and Hertrude when she asked to meet me behind the one of the buildings. Deirdre and Livia were being distracted by finding Marie and Chris, so if there was a time to talk.

"Come with me." I blinked at what the final boss just said.

"Excuse me?" I asked and Hertrude slowly stepped towards me.

"You do not belong there." She spoke and reached out towards me. "You are destined to stand beside myself and Hertrauda. Together, we can--"

Bang!

Just as her hand was about to touch my face, Hertrude fell to the ground like a puppet that had its strings cut. I looked down at the motionless girl and back up at who just shot her.

"Your destiny is the same as those who would keep me from what is mine." The slightly distorted voice of Livia said. In her hand was the gun that Angie let her keep, though it looked pretty worn down from use.

My eyes widened when I saw a bracelet that I never noticed was around her right wrist.

"Do you like it, darling?" Livia asked as she showed me the accessory, one that I suddely recognized. The Saint's Bracelet. But that was still supposed to be back in--

"Oh, you're still alive?" Was all I heard before she shot the girl at my feet two more times. I looked down at the now lifeless body of the final boss.

I couldn't help but feel like I was afraid of the wrong person.

Feedback and Temp Check request
So I've been writing this for a couple of months now and it has gotten bigger than I ever thought it would become. I'd like to thank everyone who has been enjoying and supporting my Morbing.

I initially thought that I would get tired of writing this story, especially because of how fast I post updates, but I haven't at all.

That said, I would like to take this time to do a temp check with everyone. How has the story been for you guys? Do the characters have defined enough characteristics? How is the pacing? How is the overall plot? How are the side plots? How is the narrative structure?

Any feedback you can provide would be great as this has probably been one of the longest stories I have ever written and I can't quite tell if it has run away from me or not.

Back