• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

It Gets Worse [Worm AU Fanfic] Complete

I suppose it comes back to intent again. If Tt just wants to use Taylor to get rid of Coil, but doesn't actually want to hurt Taylor, how far would Taylor's power go?

Why would Lisa do that when she's got a single, nice, family orientated, and quite geeky enough himself teammate named Brian? :D

That's a good start, but do you really think a single one will be considered enough repayment for the amount of amusement Lisa is going to get shortly? Her freedom as well I guess, but mostly the sheer amusement value of whatever is going to occur.

Although....is arranging for Taylor to suffer extreme sexual exhaustion and having trouble walking for the next few days considered harmful? I mean, she did cause the neighbors two blocks away to call the police and report that some girl is either being tortured or is having the time of her life.

The important questions now are whether or not Taylor's power will work across timelines, and how Coil will play this. If he can figure out a way to link her quality of life to himself he might get to benefit from her power in the same way that Danny seems to be benefiting from it.

The important questions now are whether or not Taylor's power will work across timelines, and how Coil will play this. If he can figure out a way to link her quality of life to himself he might get to benefit from her power in the same way that Danny seems to be benefiting from it.
Given that Coil's power has no problem with precogs, I don't see why it would have trouble with Taylor.

It's not that he doesn't have Problems with them.

It's that like Tt his power is internalized enough that the lolnope doesn't affect it.

Dinah could counter him for a limited time, she just didn't have the stamina for it.

Contessa can counter him being PtV is constantly re-evaluating.

So precogs can counter him, he just gets a second chance.

Coil takedown, Lung fight, Leviathan, and power reveal are pretty much the only reasons anyone bothers to read any Worm fics anymore aside from Cloudy Path and the QQ fics.

So his hilarious looney-tunes-like lethal misadventures in alternate timelines will be fun to watch.

FTFY. I'm hoping for multiple attempts, interspersed with other more important vaguely plot-like things. Grab that idiot ball, Coil! Grab it and never let go! Become the cosmic plaything you were meant to be! :D

Last edited:
Personally, I'm hoping that Coil spends the next day pondering how to get Taylor on his side, decides there's no way, and chooses to leave her in peace. Just to be different.
Pretend you are a wannabe bond villain who's never heard of the Evil Overlord List and you're just told of a spanking new, powerful shiny thing that the 'good guys' are afraid to mess with, what do you do?

Oh Thomas.... no....
Oh, Thomas, YES.

Please, Thomas. Please. PLEASE poke the scary Shaker: NOPE with a stick. REALLY get in there. Threaten her a bit! Oh! Oh! I know what you need to do! Obviously, she's gotten used to no one being able to touch her! Kidnap her and rough her up a bit! That'll HAVE to work! She'll fold instantly, I promise!

(Folks, I'm selling popcorn over here at VERY reasonable prices. Have a bucket and watch the fun times roll.)

Personally, I'm hoping that Coil spends the next day pondering how to get Taylor on his side, decides there's no way, and chooses to leave her in peace. Just to be different.

He gives Danny a Truck load of money, a good paying job and a new house somewhere away from Brockton bay.
Coil is an arrogant bastard but not an idiot.

his best chance to take over the city is to get the heberts to leave.

So bets on what hilarious ways Coil is going to get thwarted and/or die?

He gives Danny a Truck load of money, a good paying job and a new house somewhere away from Brockton bay.
Coil is an arrogant bastard but not an idiot.

his best chance to take over the city is to get the heberts to leave.
I sort of see Danny as too invested in the Ferry project and the Dockworkers' Association to be willing to leave.

Might be able to get him to send Taylor to an out of state boarding school, though.

Coil is actually not an idiot. It's just that, as I said upthread, his sadism overwhelms his subtlety. This manifests as always wanting to brute-force everything, when softer options would work better, and in particular to mess up his stick-to-carrot ratios a fair bunch. See: every parahuman he ever recruited.

Coil is actually not an idiot. It's just that, as I said upthread, his sadism overwhelms his subtlety. This manifests as always wanting to brute-force everything, when softer options would work better, and in particular to mess up his stick-to-carrot ratios a fair bunch. See: every parahuman he ever recruited.

So... incompetent and not stupid.

Competence is measured by using resources wisely, intellect is merely being very smart(aka being able to come up with things that work).

My main issue with all Coil is that before we meet him, he's arguably the most competent villain there. All had leverage on the E88 and managed to control a fairly large part of the underworld without being thought of as a threat. As soon as Taylor shows up, the idiot ball gets handed to him and he makes stupid decisions and loses. And then there's the whole Nilbog survivor bit.

Or do I need to reread Worm?

My main issue with all Coil is that before we meet him, he's arguably the most competent villain there. All had leverage on the E88 and managed to control a fairly large part of the underworld without being thought of as a threat. As soon as Taylor shows up, the idiot ball gets handed to him and he makes stupid decisions and loses. And then there's the whole Nilbog survivor bit.

That's an insiders view we had due to the story being told from Taylor's POV. To the rest of the world, Coil was never a major threat while the Undersiders took all the heat, exactly as he planned.

His power doesn't mean he always wins, it's the incarnation of the phrase 'If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried'. We and most everyone only sees the successes unless it's from Coil's POV. Until he started taking major risks because he either got impatient or was forced to, like with the S9 showing up, those were all he needed, a long string of success that gave him the air of being untouchable with no evidence of how many tries it took to get there.

He was background going against NPCs, and then he was plot going against a main character. Also, things kind of started getting extremely crazy.

What's going to happen to Jack Slash after Taylor finds out that he'll likely be responsible for the end of the world? Does he trip going down some stairs and "accidentally" cut his own throat, or is it something more blatant and humiliating that's obviously Taylor's doing, so she can collect the bounty as well?

What's going to happen to Jack Slash after Taylor finds out that he'll likely be responsible for the end of the world? Does he trip going down some stairs and "accidentally" cut his own throat, or is it something more blatant and humiliating that's obviously Taylor's doing, so she can collect the bounty as well?
You're underestimating what exactly her power's capable of. She doesn't need to know about a threat to start to negate it. I'd bet there's a whole lot of random people around the world who had spontaneous heart attacks the second she triggered. Jack Slash, Scion, the Endbringers, potentially Contessa...

If they haven't been shown, I'm just assuming they're already dead, and don't know it yet.

Idunno. I was just going through a list of people who have fucked Taylor up in canon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back