• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

It Is Alright To Use Spiral Power In A Dungeon (TTGL X Danmachi Crossover)

Thank you very much!
I found it unlikely because in 99% of danmachi fics the first thing the MC does is grab a Falna, even when he doesn't need one, so I tend to not get my hopes up.

Yeah, I am not one of those authors who thinks that just cause everyone else in the setting has something, the crossover character should get it too. Especially when it's someone like Simon who made it his mission to buck the established order of his world.

And the idea of everyone being in awe of a guy who doesn't even have Falna standing toe to toe with those who do is funny to me.

Yeah, I am not one of those authors who thinks that just cause everyone else in the setting has something, the crossover character should get it too. Especially when it's someone like Simon who made it his mission to buck the established order of his world.

And the idea of everyone being in awe of a guy who doesn't even have Falna standing toe to toe with those who do is funny to me.

I actually have a legitimate reason to dislike Falna besides simply wanting to read something different so I always prefer fics where the MC doesn't use it when he can avoid it. (although I really want to read something different or else I wouldn't be reading fanfics)

Falna basically ended the development of magic by making powerful spells easily accessible but limits them to 3 making any further magical research a waste of time with grimoires being another shortcut to simply spending some money and getting a custom spell for the user, so we have the need for a god to upgrade falna, the vague requirement to lvl up to impress the gods (Not the god of the adventurer's family, but gods in the plural), the development abilities that are a clear shortcut to everything that could be achieved through research and training, most adventurers leveling up with garbage statistics and finding it normal and if the God returns to tenkai the adventurer loses all the his power.

In addition to all the great disadvantages of Falna, in danmachi we have clear cases of mortals getting far without the help of the Gods, with Aiz's father being the strongest mortal who ever lived and this seems to happen before the gods descend, most heroes also seem to have lived before the Gods descended, Hermes and Zeus trying to create a Hero as if it were something that for a long time was not possible. And we have Fels as proof that powerful magic is not limited to Falna and bloodlines elves and that researching magic brings results despite being dangerous.

After considering all this, along with other details that I can't remember anymore, I concluded that Falna might not really be a gift from the Gods.

I actually have a legitimate reason to dislike Falna besides simply wanting to read something different so I always prefer fics where the MC doesn't use it when he can avoid it. (although I really want to read something different or else I wouldn't be reading fanfics)

Falna basically ended the development of magic by making powerful spells easily accessible but limits them to 3 making any further magical research a waste of time with grimoires being another shortcut to simply spending some money and getting a custom spell for the user, so we have the need for a god to upgrade falna, the vague requirement to lvl up to impress the gods (Not the god of the adventurer's family, but gods in the plural), the development abilities that are a clear shortcut to everything that could be achieved through research and training, most adventurers leveling up with garbage statistics and finding it normal and if the God returns to tenkai the adventurer loses all the his power.

In addition to all the great disadvantages of Falna, in danmachi we have clear cases of mortals getting far without the help of the Gods, with Aiz's father being the strongest mortal who ever lived and this seems to happen before the gods descend, most heroes also seem to have lived before the Gods descended, Hermes and Zeus trying to create a Hero as if it were something that for a long time was not possible. And we have Fels as proof that powerful magic is not limited to Falna and bloodlines elves and that researching magic brings results despite being dangerous.

After considering all this, along with other details that I can't remember anymore, I concluded that Falna might not really be a gift from the Gods.

Huh, not aware of all that cause I am only on Volume 6. But alright.

Huh, not aware of all that cause I am only on Volume 6. But alright.

It's mostly theory and suspicions that I can't get out of my head, I don't remember when these things were mentioned, I think a part of it appeared in the first season of the anime and it's all small details that popped up here and there without having much relevance to the plot. , so I could be wrong and the author was simply too lazy to create a more complicated magic system and decided to solve everything using Falna and say the rest is weak with some poorly explained exceptions.

About Aiz's father, I looked up the timeline out of curiosity after reading about him being the strongest and I noticed that detail too. I'm sorry if I ended up giving you a big spoiler about her, I got used to her origins being a well known plot point and ended up giving you spoilers.

It's mostly theory and suspicions that I can't get out of my head, I don't remember when these things were mentioned, I think a part of it appeared in the first season of the anime and it's all small details that popped up here and there without having much relevance to the plot. , so I could be wrong and the author was simply too lazy to create a more complicated magic system and decided to solve everything using Falna and say the rest is weak with some poorly explained exceptions.

About Aiz's father, I looked up the timeline out of curiosity after reading about him being the strongest and I noticed that detail too. I'm sorry if I ended up giving you a big spoiler about her, I got used to her origins being a well known plot point and ended up giving you spoilers.

Meh. I don't mind that much. It ain't much of a spoiler to me.

Last edited:
Freya's gonna sprain her wrist from too much shlicking when she sees Simon's Gigachad soul.
Nah, it's probably going to be a Cannot Grasp The True Form sort of situation.

Simon's soul: *is a drill*
Freya: WTF? That's not a color.
Simon's soul: *drillness intensifies*

I will admit, having just finished Volume 6, I am still debating over what Freya's reaction to Simon should be.

On the one hand, he is what Freya likes, people with interesting souls.

On the other, much like a certain blonde in canon, Simon is gonna start guiding Bell's growth. And it might not be in a way she likes.

Chapter 3.1
Simon repeatedly blinked as he and Bell exited the Guild headquarters. As his eyes adjusted to the sun shining down from above, he craned his neck up to get a better look at the new land he found himself in. When his eyes fully adjusted he couldn't help but stare at what he saw.

Bell looked up at Simon with a grin, "Yeah. That was my first reaction too. Welcome to the Labyrinth City, Orario."

Bell waved a hand toward the city laid out in front of them. Crowds filled the cobblestone streets in front of them. Pastoral wooden buildings sat side by side on either side of the street. Some had signs above their doors with words or symbols drawn onto them. Others had people or other races coming and going from their doors.

But one of the main things that caught Simon's attention were the various types of creatures that walked side by side with humans. The ones with animal features didn't bother him much. They just reminded him of the beastmen from his world. The ones that surprised him were the squat humanoids barely taller than his thighs but built like brick houses, the ones with thin frames and pointy ears like Eina, and the ones that were taller than the squat humans but not as tall as regular humans. For a second, he was shocked to see so many types of non-humans in one place. And if what Eina said about her being a half-elf was true, then some of these guys weren't beastmen.

His surprise must've shown on his face, because Bell called out to him, "Simon?"

At Bell's words, Simon shook his surprise off. He turned to the shorter boy and smiled, "Ah, sorry about that, Bell. Just a bit shocked to see this many...um...can I clarify some of this stuff with you?"

At Bell's nod, Simon pointed towards the non-humans in the crowd, "So, the ones with pointy ears are elves like Eina, right?"

"Uh-huh. Though, hers are a bit rounded near the top. It's how you can tell she's a half-elf. The others are full elves."

"And the ones that look like animals are called beastmen, right?"

"Yes. Or animal-people. Or therianthropes. Have you seen beastmen before, Simon?"

"Sort of. What about the shorter guys?'

"Oh, those are dwarves, gnomes, and prums. They're all shorter than humans but each is different in their own way."

Simon nodded and hummed in thought. His hand went to his chin as he considered Bell's words. He briefly thought about Viral and the rest of his friends. Wondering what they would think if they were with him. Yoko would probably start seeing if teaching is a profession around here, while Viral would probably go right back into that Dungeon. He wouldn't want to stay still while there was fighting to do. Simon chuckled while looking up at the sky. His chuckle caught Bell's attention, "Did you have beastmen where you're from, Simon?"

"Yeah. Though they were kind of different from the ones you're familiar with. They looked way more animal-like."

Bell leaned closer, curiosity starting to get the better of him, "Really? And where is your village anyway?"

"It wasn't a village. More like a city."

"Like Orario?"

"Kind of. But the buildings were taller. And made of metal."

Bell's eyes widened at Simon's words. Nervousness filled his tone as he asked, "Uh, how tall?"

Simon hummed in thought while he examined the buildings. He frowned when he realized the majority were hardly taller than two stories. He needed something taller to help Bell visualize what he meant. He glanced behind him and then smiled when he found what he was looking for. He turned around and pointed at the large white tower that the Guild sat at the bottom of, "Some of them came up to about half that tower in height."

Bell followed Simon's finger up.

And up.

And up.

Eventually, he nearly fell over onto his backside. Both from trying to crane his head that high and from the shock that filled his body. Simon was pointing at the half point of Babel Tower. A tower that supposedly reached into Tenkai, the realm of the Gods A place hardly any adventurers ever get to see in their lifetimes. And Simon is saying that the people in his city built structures that were close to it in height. His awe of Simon increased tenfold as he looked from the older man to the Tower and back.

Then Simon let his arm fall to his side and smiled, "But, enough about me. I'm still new around here, so how about you take me on a tour of this place? I'd love to see what else there is to do around here."

Bell found himself shaken from his temporary stupor by Simon's complete disregard for what he just said. As if saying that where he's from people can build things that can rival Babel Tower is just a fact of life. Bell shook his head, "Wait, no, you have to explain that. What do you mean it was that tall?"

Simon rubs the back of his head and looks sheepish, "Uh, well, that would take a while to explain. I'll tell ya all about it later. Right now, I think we should go find something to do with all that money you just got. What did you call it? Vals?"

Simon pointed toward the bag on Bell's hip. Bell followed his finger toward the bulging bag of money. His confusion was replaced by happiness and awe as he remembered what he got from the Exchange for the minotaur's magic stone.

Fifteen thousand vals.

That was the most amount of money he had ever had since he came to Orario. The fact that Simon just gave it all to him made him extremely happy. So much so, that he had originally planned to go tell-

"Oh right!" Bell shook his head and started heading down onto East Main Street. He turned back to Simon and said, "Sorry, Simon. I can't show you around. I need to go meet someone important."

"OK. Then I'll come with you."

"Huh?"

Simon started following after Bell, shrugging as he came to the white-haired boy's side, "I'm new here. Might as well hang out with the one person I know. Only thing that makes sense."

"I...I guess," Bell agreed as he rubbed at his chin. He briefly questioned whether he should introduce Simon to his Goddess. But then he recalled what Simon had done for him in the Dungeon. It wouldn't be right to not at least let the two meet each other. Hestia would want to know who it was that saved his life after all. Making his mind up, Bell nodded to Simon and smiled, "Alright. Follow me. I'll introduce you to someone very important to me."

"Can't wait to meet them," Simon gave Bell a smile of his own, matching the boy's pace as the two walked down East Main Street.

"Goddess! I'm home!"

Simon's eyebrow rose as he heard Bell's greeting. The boy had led him to a run-down church at the edge of a cul-de-sac. The place was abandoned and in complete disrepair. Even the statue of the Goddess had fallen apart. Half her face was missing and there were holes all across her body. But he thought it looked pretty good. Not like he could judge. He had spent most of his life underground in caves, and he spent the end of it wandering around a desert. While it couldn't hold a candle to the cities of his world, it still had this cozy and homely feeling to it. Like the moment you stepped inside it instantly felt like home.

But his original comfort turned to confusion when he heard Bell call for a "Goddess". He had followed the kid into a basement, a place that wasn't that big but was enough for a small number of people. There was some furniture in here, indicating that Bell did live here. And, apparently, it was with someone else.

Before Simon could ask the boy anything, a person jumps to her feet from the sofa in the center of the room. It was a girl and the sight of her gave Simon pause for a moment. The best way he could describe her, was if someone took Nia when she was fourteen, changed her hair to black and eyes to blue, gave her twin ponytails on the sides of her head, then gave her Yoko's bust size. Simon's pause didn't last for long though. He swiftly regained his composure while the "Goddess" he supposed, moved to hug Bell. But that was when she finally noticed Simon as he stepped off the last stair.

The two stared each other down for a few moments. Simon felt the "Goddess'" gaze focus on him. As if she was scrutinizing every fiber of his being. He felt like she was trying to take his measure from a single glance at him. Make him lay everything he was bare before her with a single glare. A faint tension fell over him for a split second as the girl's blue eyes gained a sharp edge to them for but a moment.

His response...was to smile. Then he raised his hand and waved at her in greeting, "Hey there. Name's Simon. What's your name?"

The girl blinked.

Then she shook her head in shock.

Chapter 3: Meeting Hestia
Simon repeatedly blinked as he and Bell exited the Guild headquarters. As his eyes adjusted to the sun shining down from above, he craned his neck up to get a better look at the new land he found himself in. When his eyes fully adjusted he couldn't help but stare at what he saw.

Bell looked up at Simon with a grin, "Yeah. That was my first reaction too. Welcome to the Labyrinth City, Orario."

Bell waved a hand toward the city laid out before them. Crowds filled the cobblestone streets in front of them. Pastoral wooden buildings sat side by side on either side of the street. Some had signs above their doors with words or symbols drawn onto them. Others had people or other races coming and going in and out of their doors.

But one of the main things that caught Simon's attention were the various types of creatures that walked side by side with humans. The ones with animal features didn't bother him much. They just reminded him of the beastmen from his world. The ones that surprised him were the squat humanoids barely taller than his thighs but built like brick houses, the ones with thin frames and pointy ears like Eina, and the ones that were taller than the squat humans but not as tall as regular humans. For a second, he was shocked to see so many types of non-humans in one place. And if what Eina said about her being a half-elf was true, then some of these guys weren't beastmen.

His surprise must've shown on his face, because Bell called out to him, "Simon?"

At Bell's words, Simon shook his surprise off. He turned to the shorter boy and smiled, "Ah, sorry about that, Bell. Just a bit shocked to see this many...um...can I clarify some of this stuff with you?"

At Bell's nod, Simon pointed towards the non-humans in the crowd, "So, the ones with pointy ears are elves like Eina, right?"

"Uh-huh. Though, her's are a bit rounded near the top. It's how you can tell she's a half-elf. The others are full elves."

"And the ones that look like animals are called beastmen, right?"

"Yes. Or animal-people. Or therianthropes. Have you seen beastmen before, Simon?"

"Sort of. What about the shorter guys?'

"Oh, those are dwarves, gnomes, and prums. They're all shorter than humans but each is different in their own way."

Simon nodded and hummed in thought. His hand went to his chin as he considered Bell's words. He briefly thought about Viral and the rest of his friends. Wondering what they would think if they were with him. Yoko would probably start seeing if teaching is a profession around here, while Viral would probably go right back into that Dungeon. He wouldn't want to stay still while there was fighting to do. Simon chuckled and looked up at the sky. As he did, he couldn't help but think about what might be beyond this world's clouds. He knew that the heavens were up there, they had to be. But what did they look like here? Were they same expanse of stars and other worlds that he had seen? Or perhaps something completely different?

His chuckle caught Bell's attention, "Did you have beastmen where you're from, Simon?"

"Yeah. Though they were kind of different from the ones you're familiar with. They looked way more animal-like."

Bell leaned closer, curiosity starting to get the better of him, "Really? And where is your village anyway?"

"It wasn't a village. More like a city."

"Like Orario?"

"Kind of. But the buildings were taller. And made of metal."

Bell's eyes widened at Simon's words. Nervousness filled his tone as he asked, "Uh, how tall?"

Simon hummed in thought while he examined the buildings. He frowned when he realized the majority were hardly taller than two stories. He needed something taller to help Bell visualize what he meant. He glanced behind him and then smiled when he found what he was looking for. He turned around and pointed at the large white tower that the Guild sat at the bottom of, "Some of them came up to about half that tower in height."

Bell followed Simon's finger up.

And up.

And up.

Eventually, he nearly fell over onto his backside. Both from trying to crane his head that high and from the shock that filled his body. Simon was pointing at the half point of Babel Tower. A tower that supposedly reached into Tenkai, the realm of the Gods. A place hardly any adventurers ever get to see in their lifetimes. And Simon is saying that the people in his city built structures that were close to it in height. His awe of Simon increased tenfold as he looked from the older man to the Tower and back.

Then Simon let his arm fall to his side and smiled, "But, enough about me. I'm still new around here, so how about you take me on a tour of this place? I'd love to see what else there is to do around here."

Bell found himself shaken from his temporary stupor by Simon's complete disregard for what he just said. As if saying that where he's from people can build things that can rival Babel Tower is just a fact of life. Bell shook his head, "Wait, no, you have to explain that. What do you mean it was that tall?"

Simon rubs the back of his head and looks sheepish, "Uh, well, that would take a while to explain. I'll tell ya all about it later. Right now, I think we should go find something to do with all that money you just got. What did you call it? Vals?"

Simon pointed toward the bag on Bell's hip. Bell followed his finger toward the bulging bag of money. His confusion was replaced by happiness and awe as he remembered what he got from the Exchange for the minotaur's magic stone.

Fifteen thousand vals.

That was the most amount of money he had ever had since he came to Orario. The fact that Simon just gave it all to him made him extremely happy. So much so, that he had originally planned to go tell-

"Oh right!" Bell shook his head and started heading down the stairs and onto East Main Street. He turned back to Simon and said, "Sorry, Simon. I can't show you around. I need to go meet someone important."

"OK. Then I'll come with you."

"Huh?"

Simon started following after Bell, shrugging as he came to the white-haired boy's side, "I'm new here. Might as well hang out with the one person I know. Only thing that makes sense."

"I...I guess," Bell agreed as he rubbed at his chin. He briefly questioned whether he should introduce Simon to his Goddess. But then he recalled what Simon had done for him in the Dungeon. It wouldn't be right to not at least let the two meet each other. Hestia would want to know who it was that saved his life after all. Making his mind up, Bell nodded to Simon and smiled, "Alright. Follow me. I'll introduce you to someone very important to me."

"Can't wait to meet them," Simon gave Bell a smile of his own, matching the boy's pace as the two walked down East Main Street.

"Goddess! I'm home!"

Simon's eyebrow rose as he heard Bell's greeting. The boy had led him to a run-down church at the edge of a cul-de-sac. The place was abandoned and in complete disrepair. Even the statue of the Goddess had fallen apart. Half her face was missing and there were holes all across her body. But he thought the building itself looked pretty good. Not like he could judge. He had spent most of his life underground in caves, and he spent the end of it wandering around a desert. While it couldn't hold a candle to the cities of his world, it still had this cozy and homely feeling to it. Like the moment you stepped inside it instantly felt like home.

But his original comfort turned to confusion when he heard Bell call for a "Goddess". He had followed the kid into a basement, a place that wasn't that big but was wide enough for a small number of people. There was some furniture in here, indicating that Bell did live here. And, apparently, it was with someone else.

Before Simon could ask the boy anything, a person jumped to her feet from the sofa in the center of the room. It was a girl and the sight of her gave Simon pause for a moment. The best way he could describe her, was if someone took Nia when she was fourteen, changed her hair to black and eyes to blue, gave her twin ponytails on the sides of her head, then gave her Yoko's bust size. Simon's pause didn't last for long though. He swiftly regained his composure while the "Goddess" he supposed, moved to hug Bell. But that was when she finally noticed Simon as he stepped off the last stair.

The two stared each other down for a few moments. Simon felt the "Goddess'" gaze focus on him. As if she was scrutinizing every fiber of his being. He felt like she was trying to take his measure from a single glance. Make him lay everything he was bare before her with a single glare. A faint tension fell over him for a split second as the girl's blue eyes gained a sharp edge to them for but a moment.

His response...was to smile. Then he raised his hand and waved at her in greeting, "Hey there. Name's Simon. What's your name?"

The girl blinked.

Then she shook her head in shock. Her head whipped to Bell, then to Simon, then back to Bell. Each time her expression shifted. First, it was shock, then confusion, then a brief moment of happiness, before it went back to shock. Her ponytails moved of their own accord, one pointing at the white-haired Bell and the other pointing at Simon. Confused, Simon looked to Bell for answers but the young man looked as confused as he was. With Bell being no help, Simon walked into the room and up to the Goddess. Her head stopped moving as Simon approached, all her focus put back on him. Still smiling he held out his right hand for her to shake.

Taking a moment to examine his hand, she reached out with her own and grabbed his. She finally spoke, tone light and somewhat surprised, "Hello. I'm the Goddess Hestia. It is good to meet you, Simon was it?"

Simon nodded as he let go of Hestia's hand. He lifted his glasses with one finger, "Yep. Specifically, Simon The Digger, but that's a mouthful, so..."

Hestia slowly nodded, her hands going to her hips as she stared up at the man. She frowned as she spoke, "Right. Well then, Mr. Digger, mind telling me what you're doing following Bell?"

Simon shrugged, "Just Simon is fine. And I'm new to the city. Bell was the first person I met, so I figured I'd hang with him for a bit."

Hestia seemed to perk up when Simon said "new to the city". Her eyes ran up and down Simon's body again, "So, this is your first time in Orario then?"

"Pretty much."

"Interesting. Bell, how did you meet this man?"

"He saved my life in the Dungeon, Lady Hestia," Bell admitted with a smile. But that smile quickly left as his Goddess' head whipped around to face him.

"What?!" her voice was filled with worry as she suddenly pounced on Bell. Literally. The boy shouted as the two fell onto the floor, Hestia running her hands up and down his body. Her eyes were frantic as she searched for any injuries, "What happened? Are you OK? Do you need me to get the salve?"

"I-I-I'm fine, Goddess," Bell's face started to flush as the Goddess straddled him. He didn't make any moves against her until she started pulling at his shirt. With a gasp he used his legs to roll out from under Hestia, sending the Goddess tumbling to the ground. As he got up, he apologized to Hestia before turning to Simon with a look of shame on his face.

That shame soon disappeared when he saw Simon's ever-widening smile. Simon chuckled while he moved toward one of the empty sofas in the room. He sat down while leaning back in the seat, arms over the top of the sofa, "You two look pretty lively. That's good. Life should be spent smiling and having the time of your lives."

Bell slowly got to his feet, a bit confused by Simon's words, "Uh...thank you?"

"No problem. Now, how about we all sit down so me and you can fill your Goddess in on everything that happened today?"

Hestia shot up from the floor, eyes staring at Bell intently. Swallowing, Bell moved to the sofa directly across from Simon and sat down. After dusting herself off, Hestia moved to set at Bell's side. She scooted as close to the boy as she could, but her eyes never left Simon who simply watched the two of them with a soft smile on his face. In between them sat an oval-shaped table that was clear of debris or dust. After leaning forward a bit, Simon described how he and Bell met. Him waking up in the Dungeon, hearing Bell's scream, finding the boy cornered by a minotaur, then drop-kicking the monster to save him from certain death. The entire time Hestia had a smile on her face. One that got wider and wider as Simon continued. However, he had been around Yoko enough to know that Hestia's smile wasn't a nice one.

It was one that women get when they're pissed.

And Bell seemed to notice as well. He got tenser and tenser as the story wore on, eyes constantly moving from Hestia to Simon and then back.

However, Hestia's smile did disappear when Simon mentioned how he took out the minotaur. A look of confusion similar to Eina's came over her face, "Wait. Simon, you fought that minotaur and beat it?"

"Yep," Simon said nonchalantly.

"But you're new to Orario. Which means you don't have a Falna or a Familia."

"Yep."

"But you beat a minotaur, something that Level One adventurers can't fight."

"Yep."

Hestia blinked.

Then she put a hand on her head, leaning over onto Bell's shoulder for support, "I...that's...how...how is that possible?"

"That's exactly what Eina said when we told her," Simon shrugged. He started to adjust his glasses as he considered the two women's reactions. Both saw the fact that he managed to defeat the minotaur without a Falna as something impossible. Which he didn't understand. He did do the impossible every day, sure, but was beating a monster without that Falna thing really that impressive? Neither Bell nor Eina had given him an in-depth explanation of what it was exactly. All he knew was that it was a "blessing" from a "God" that made someone stronger. But the way they worked didn't make much sense to him. He got the part about how you had to train yourself, fight, and do other stuff to get stronger. He didn't really get how someone's "Level" factored into it.

If you got stronger, then you got stronger. That's it. He couldn't see what the major difference between Level One and Level Two was.

Bell let Hestia lay on his shoulder, doing what he could to avoid looking down the Goddess' shirt. His eyes searched for anything else to look at, eventually landing on his right hip. His eyes went wide as he reached for the bag tied to his belt, "That reminds me! Lady Hestia, I'd like to show you something."

Hestia lifted her head as Bell put the bag filled with vals on the table in front of them. The Goddess' eyes lit up at the sound of coins jingling in the bag. She sat up then looked at Bell, "Is...is that what I think it is?"

Bell's smile grew wider as he nodded, "Uh-huh! Fifteen thousand vals! All from me exchanging the minotaur's magic stone."

"But-but I thought Simon-"

"I gave him the money," Simon interrupted. His smile only widened when Hestia looked at him in shock. He shrugged again, "Eina said that, since I'm not a registered adventurer, I can't earn any money from killing monsters. And even if I was, I'd still give it over to Bell. Don't really need it."

"But what about food? Or a place to stay? You're gonna need money for that," Bell pointed out, his previous excitement replaced with worry.

Simon waved him off, "Eh, I'll make do. Besides, you guys need it more than me. Your place looks fine, but with how Hestia reacted to the bag, I'd say times are tough for you two, right?" The two flinching gave Simon all the confirmation he needed. He waved a hand at the bag, "That's why I say you should take it. Do whatever you want with it."

Bell still looked concerned, but Hestia's face was beaming. She shot up from her seat on the sofa with her hands on her hips. She pointed at Simon, her ponytails waving happily at her sides, "Simon! From this day forth, I hereby declare you an ally of Hestia Familia! If there's anything you need from us, you need only ask!"

"Goddess Hestia?" Bell got to his feet, surprised at what his Goddess just said. He didn't sound upset though. Just surprised. He looked to Hestia and asked, "Are you sure about that? You only just met him."

"Bell," Hestia turned to her only Familia member, jabbing her finger in his face. She looked stern but happy, "I've told you before, no child can lie to a God. And the entire time Simon has been talking to us, he's been telling the absolute truth. He is willing to give up his own happiness for the sake of helping two complete strangers! A man like him is rare in Orario, and it would reflect poorly on our Familia if we didn't do what we could to help him out."

She held her head high, puffing out her chest, "And besides, Simon doesn't mind. Right, Simon?"

The two turned their attention to their guest. Simon shook his head, "Not at all. Though, instead of allies, how about we just start as friends?"

Hestia and Bell blinked at Simon's words. He tilted his head to the side, "What? Did I say something wrong?"

"F-Friends? With us? Our Familia?" Bell pointed to himself then Hestia. At Simon's nod, he continued his questions, "But...we just met each other."

"Yeah, but you guys seem like good people. And I don't know anyone else in this city, yet. So, if I've gonna be friends with anyone, why not have it be the two people who let me into their house without a care in the world?" Simon leaned forward, hands on his knees as he smiled at the two of them.

Bell and Hestia looked at each other. A silent conversation went on between them as they took in Simon's words. Then they both got determined looks on their faces. They nodded in silent agreement with each other.

"Simon," both said in unison.

"What's up?" Simon asked.

Both Bell and Hestia threw themselves at Simon's feet. They spoke in unison as they bowed to the man, "Please join our Familia!"

Simon blinked. Then he scratched his cheek, "Uh, sorry. But no."

Last edited:
Damn, I wish it was longer!

Anywho, good job with the chapter. I wonder why simon is against joining the famillia tho?

Will be fully answered in the next chapter. But right now, it's cause he doesn't really know how they work. All he knows is that people join them and get Falna to get stronger.

Something he doesn't need cause Spiral Power.

Thanks for the chapter!!!

As for the MC being Falna strong, that shouldn't seem impossible to Hestia, though still surprising. Before the Gods descended, there were already heroes and if I'm not mistaken Ais's father, the strongest character in danmachi, lived before the Gods descended.

It's worth mentioning that it would be interesting if Simnon made a contract with a spirit, it's something I've never seen explored in danmachi fics due to it not being explained much in canon.

Thanks for the chapter!!!

As for the MC being Falna strong, that shouldn't seem impossible to Hestia, though still surprising. Before the Gods descended, there were already heroes and if I'm not mistaken Ais's father, the strongest character in danmachi, lived before the Gods descended.

It's worth mentioning that it would be interesting if Simnon made a contract with a spirit, it's something I've never seen explored in danmachi fics due to it not being explained much in canon.

I will admit it might come from my lack of knowledge. Cause everything in the LNs say that fighting in the Dungeon without one is impossible.

I will admit it might come from my lack of knowledge. Cause everything in the LNs say that fighting in the Dungeon without one is impossible.
The strongest mortal to ever live was Ais's father Albert who lived like a thousand year's ago, he had no falna.
Though he did have some sort of connection/bond/contract with Ais's mother who was a Great Spirit.

The strongest mortal to ever live was Ais's father Albert who lived like a thousand year's ago, he had no falna.
Though he did have some sort of connection/bond/contract with Ais's mother who was a Great Spirit.

Also it's implied that a
spirit's blessing is weaker than a god's. So yeah, Albert is just a gigachad, wounding the Black Dragon's eye when the Zeus and Hera familia did Jack shit with multiple level 7, 8, and 9's.

Also it's implied that a
spirit's blessing is weaker than a god's. So yeah, Albert is just a gigachad, wounding the Black Dragon's eye when the Zeus and Hera familia did Jack shit with multiple level 7, 8, and 9's.

Oh so he's the one that wounded the Black Dragon?

Alright.

Hmm, depending on the guy's personality, Ais may see some of him in Simon.

Hmm, depending on the guy's personality, Ais may see some of him in Simon.
Unfortunately we know nothing about that, we only get some extremely brief scenes of Ais childhood with Albert and Aria and they only have a few dialogues, ultimately all we know about Albert is that he is an absolute giga Chad that is somehow stronger on his lonesome than the entirety of the Zeus and Hera Familia, who have multiple level 7s, 8s and a single Level 9 in Hera Familia's captain not to mention Alfia and Zald, who both occupy the place of second and third strongest characters in universe despite being only level 7 due to their own personal shenanigans with bullshit skills and in Alfia's specific case monstrous talent. Despite having all that the Zeus and Hera Familia still got uber fucked by the Black Dragon who was crippled by Albert in their fight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back