1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

It's All The Same Meat Anyway (Chainsaw Man/CARRION) (SI-OC) (Angel AU)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Neurax, Sep 16, 2021.

1. Lost1

Lost1 The Lost

Huh good job I was a little hesitant about the MakimaxSi ship but this chapter especially Makima's Pov changed that im now willing to die on this ship....ELDRITCH ABOMINATION FLUFF AHHHHHH It's like getting something you didn't know you needed until you received it!

2. Neurax

Neurax Getting sticky.

Aside from Makima and the SI having close interaction with one another, relationship stuff has not been decided or set in stone. That's all I'll say about it.

Nah, I've decided that I'm going to torch the alien shit after realizing it was a horrible idea. All the interactions with Makima will be kept though, if altered somewhat.

Zettabeam likes this.
  3. AlphaWolf112480

AlphaWolf112480 Versed in the lewd.

The Sci-fi high-tech Angelic System Reminds me of the Angels and demons of Chronicles of Darkness where "God" is a Machine entity, and the constructs(Angel and Demons) use what equals to high-tech Reality hacks to augment themselves.

The angels

Their Weapons and reality hacks

Reality Hacks for Inspiration for the tech stuff.

4. NowaifuNolaifu

NowaifuNolaifu Oh myyyyy...

"...So... what was that, MICHAEL?"

"...System update"

"System update?"

"You know, it comes randomly, blocks everything for about an hour and then you have reboot and then you have dig around to unplug and block whatever trash programs got online again and delete the dumb default applications that keep downloading themselves"

"...An electric current carbonized your drone"

"Yeah, windows 10"

"..."

"I'm an Angel, we don't run Apple stuff"

Last edited: Dec 8, 2021
  5. Lillie Jones

Lillie Jones Versed in the lewd.

Worst best courtship friendship misunderstanding between Si & Makima in as former Enemies or allies in this weird Relationship, with Makima POV as deep dive in her head space with some surprising disturbing added depth to Makima. While Carrion SI incarnation is both relieved and concerned about clearing up their initial misunderstanding between each other, so the real deal conversation can begin in the Devil hunters Boss Lady office. Yeah! Kinda have to make it up to her in a twisted sorta way, as the guy in this case. Including the Chainsaw man situation and somwhat migrating that mess in the manga? .
    We'll see how it goes next time for our resident Carrion Angel Devil disguised Demon hunter & adopted Chainsaw man son.
    "It's All the Same Meat Anyway," continues next
    Welcome back
    Catch ya later
    Cheers!

6. anap1

anap1 Gone for Good

S
    Same, plus trying to get a harem when your with a devil embodying control seems dangerous, for you and this hypothetical harem, though I might reconsider if its power.

Neurax likes this.
  7. Neurax

Neurax Getting sticky.

The best way to deal with a yandere is shower them in affection and only look at them, which would actually have the highest chance of reducing conflict with Makima and making her wrapped around the Si's finger as you'll find out how weak she is to receiving affectionate gestures next chapter. I also find it poetic that the SI with the perfect ability for harems chooses a monogamous relationship. I'm heavily considering just pairing him with Makima.

Now Denji on the other hand... he's probably more likely to get a harem, especially if I end up deciding to have him and Pochita hybridize and he's no longer squishy and can interact with the rest of Special Division Four. Only real hurdle there is that he is underage and that means that the SI won't let him bang anyone until he's of legal age. Technically, Denji could have sex, but the Si would probably only let it fly if it was Power or Reze and they gave consent.

Several national and local laws further regulate adolescent sexual acts.[77] The anti-prostitution clause of the national Child Welfare Act (1947)[a] forbids "causing" individuals under 18 to perform sexual acts[78] through direct or indirect physical or psychological pressuring, but does not prohibit otherwise-consensual acts.

So technically Denji could have sex, though I sure as hell am not writing anything explicit with him, that NSFW tag is only going to be for the SI and Makima and any other potential pairings with him.

Also LMAO:

A 1985 decision of the Supreme Court of Japan on Fukuoka Prefecture's bylaw held that the ordinances were not to be broadly interpreted as forbidding all adult–adolescent sexual acts, but rather narrowly interpreted as forbidding those acts "conducted by unfair means that take advantage of the juvenile's mental or physical immaturity, such as by enticing, threatening, deceiving, or confusing, as well as [acts] where the juvenile is treated merely as an object to satisfy one's own sexual desires.

Makima totally broke the law there, holy shit if the SI had joined Special Division Four after Denji got hybridized and wasn't able to save him in time he would totally get her tried for pedophilia if Makima tried to pull the bullshit she did in canon on Denji. Only way I bet she managed to scoot by in canon is because Denji was considered a Devil and didn't have human rights.

8. LandWhale172

LandWhale172 I trust you know where the happy button is?

‘My Devil Boss Can’t Be This Cute!’

I really hope so!

9. Zettabeam

Zettabeam Versed in the lewd.

Oh, Reze? Nice.
    Hopefully they'll have a happier ending here.
    Will there be shovel talk from Papa Angel?

Snippy0 and Neurax like this.
  10. Neurax

Neurax Getting sticky.

*wincing* Something like that. It's more of a job interview really.

Just replace Armstrong with the SI and Reze with Sam, and you're good to go.

11. anap1

anap1 Gone for Good

so hes going to beat her ass lol

Hypervane and liquid_oni like this.
  12. Neurax

Neurax Getting sticky.

Oh course, as Denji is baby, and the SI is going to have to beat sense into Reze as she is increasingly weirded out by this complete stranger trying to forcefully adopt a Russian Assassin and won't take no for an answer and keeps offering her a bodyguard job with incredibly nice benefits despite the fact she keeps attacking him and he just doesn't care.

13. Zettabeam

So I'm rereading this (and I'd like to say it's hilarious reading Makima's reaction again, together with being pretty disturbing when you read behind the lines such as how she started threatening Quanxi) and I was wondering, is it on purpose that the two anti-Horsemen angels we know of have names that are also in opposition to the Horseman they're facing, in a way, or am I reading too much into it?
    Because Eternity vs Death makes sense.
    And Michael means "Who is like God?" and that would be one interesting refutal against Control/Conquest, given they're basically acting like they're god when they tried to take over from what I can gather, at least during the first incarnation, since even Makima doesn't like them.

TimelordLucario and Neurax like this.
  14. Neurax

Neurax Getting sticky.

Keep in mind I'm rewriting Fumigation 1.6 to be a lot more serious without the weird alien shit (but everything that happened with SI and Makima will still happen, though slightly altered and some scenes are for later). But I'll give answers as it's unlikely to be rereleased soon.

Makima is a complex being when one takes into account morality, primarily because she's a psychopath yet also not. That "mother" line wasn't for nothing, as she does possess a twisted form of empathy for beings she sees as weaker than herself. Some of the kindness she shows Denji in canon was purely unnecessary for gaslighting/manipulating him and she does this with a few other characters, like ensuring that Kishibe gets out of the way of Chainsaw Man. Makima isn't actually that bad when one looks at her in the grand scheme of things, it's just that she does not value life or individuals, rather she values collectives (ie Humanity as a whole). She's a Lawful Evil Anti-Villian who is trying to do what she thinks is right, but what she thinks is right is skewed from her perspective as a being of Control and she does not care for the opinions of others (save the SI, as she sees him as a collective consciousness who is a being on the same level of "intelligence" as she is, and is not an animal she can manipulate or modify their memories). Most of her characterization was taken from a character analysis on reddit that I'll link in the rereleased chapter that I built this AU Makima off of. But the new version of Fumigation 1.6 will be reworking her character slightly to be less goofy, but still kinda goofy as she is meant to be a complete subversion of the SI in this AU.

Here's that link to that reddit article, as I'm pretty much taking my cues from it. Give it a read! Makima, the misunderstood Anti-Villain in CSM. A character analysis : ChainsawMan (reddit.com)

SI is goofy on the outside, serious on the inside. Makima is serious on the outside, goofy on the inside. Though she's a lot more of a psychotic goofy because she's a creature who delights in all forms of suffering, as will be demonstrated. She doesn't see anything wrong in causing suffering for others, the only thing closest to this being that she realizes that being a manipulative crazy bitch is counterintuitive to her goals.

Regarding what happened with Quanxi, that segment is a combination of both Makima and Quanxi not properly communicating with each other and jumping to conclusions. But the SI will cover that as Makima's therapist in Fumigation 1.7. It's meant to humanize Makima, and also highlight a tendency of hers that constantly bites her in the ass and is a reason for why she's a very flawed individual and character. She assumes things of others, without trying or asking for elaboration. But it also shows that Makima made an attempt to get attached to an individual, and that attempt blew up in her face and she gave up on trying to truly connect with others without using a mask, at least until the SI shows up.

ETERNITY was indeed intended for Death as it's an original character made for that reason, but CARRION doesn't really relate to Conquest in naming sense unless one really stretches the logic. That's just a crossover mishap, I suppose.

Makima does not like Conquest for a variety of reasons, primarily because she realizes on some level that she as Conquest was fully responsible for the suffering her and her previous incarnations have experienced as the OG Conquest made no friends in enslaving Devils to fight the OG Michael and then assumed a human form on top of that when it was over. Devils hate humans, and the Control Devil only poured gasoline on that fire that was already there from OG Conquest's actions. But in a way it's what allowed Makima to become positively predispositioned towards Humanity, and you'll see later that she is really is the friendliest Devil towards humans.

Because the one thing that is what makes Makima redeemable and will make the SI willing to give her a chance is that she does not do evil things for no reason. She does not inflict suffering for suffering's sake. There is always a well-intentioned incentive behind everything she does, though as I've said before, Makima's lack of ability to take in regard the feelings of others, not giving value to individual life, and her other hangups are what hold her back from being a truly benevolent figure. Also, some of the things she does are clearly more done for pettiness than the alternate "well intentioned" reason. But I really do need to rewrite her a bit to be less goofy.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2021
  15. Neondagger

Neondagger I trust you know where the happy button is?

I burned through this too fast and now...I am lost, great work!

Snippy0, Jeff, Neurax and 1 other person like this.
  16. f0Ri5

f0Ri5 Versed in the lewd.

You necro-ing bastard, you got my hopes up!

JK. I've done it before myself.

17. ArtMagnus

ArtMagnus Knight Imperion

Will we get more?

Neurax and Ajlove like this.
  18. Neurax

Neurax Getting sticky.

I'm working on it. Decided to rewrite the first few chapters, since this story turned out going in a different direction than I had originally planned when I first started writing it a year or two ago, but it's been slow going due to personal issues and lack of time. But to give you an idea of how big this rewrite is going to be, the new prologue has already hit the 9k word limit when compared to the original's 2k, and there is going to be a lot of revamped scenes. But I'd prefer to actually finish writing it before I splurge by going over technical details with you all. Just know that this story hasn't been abandoned, and I am hopefully planning on unveiling the new prologue soon.

ShadowNic94, Bepson, Yirash and 18 others like this.
  19. Oculus Observatum

Oculus Observatum I trust you know where the happy button is?

It's more than alright, go at your own pace, such a big rewrite project is going to take time, though it might be good to tell the people on SB.

Snippy0, ShanLi, Neurax and 4 others like this.
  20. Drasizard

Drasizard Know what you're doing yet?

I'm just looking forward to more Makima bullying/teasing/trolling.

21. Zettabeam

Little worried that going back to rewrite will derail a chance to get new updates, but I wish you good luck with that.
    So will War show up now that we have some ideas of what they're like?

I'd like to see MICHAEL stomp War while the devil in question frantically runs from him for all they're worth.
    Preferably with Makima joining in.

Snippy0, Ajlove and Neurax like this.
  22. Neurax

Neurax Getting sticky.

There's a lot being changed in this rewrite pertaining to Angels, who will now be properly represented as antitheticals to Devils, and I will be putting in a lot of scenes that weren't there originally. The Si's awakening, Proto-Carrion versus Conquest (from Conquest's perspective as Makima is watching their memories), Himeno interlude where she speaks to the SI, Pochita interlude as the SI talks to him... stuff like that. While I want this fic to have it's wholesome moments, I also want to make it clear that the world of Chainsaw Man is a violent and chaotic place. The intended theme of this story is now a mixture of SpyxFamily... with Berserk happening in the background.

Funnily enough, I was actually planning to have War show up as one of the antagonists in the original draft of the story, though I guess the stuff I planned with Horsemen is going to be very AU, and I was originally going to make War the Human Devil. And yeah, she would run from the SI if she was possessing Asa's body, as since she's in a human body with a nervous system, Parasitism more or less completely fucks her in terms of combat... although, it might lead to SI intruding in on the whole hallucination thing she's got going with Asa, and that's not good for... reasons. Spoiler reasons.

But that's enough out of me for now. I'd rather finish the new prologue and actually manage to post it online before talking in any further depth about this story.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2022
  23. Lemonbarb

Lemonbarb Very sour Grinch

Honestly, to a point. I might make a lazy loose note comparison on a 'what can go wrong', if War get's involved. Possible early forced symbiosis, or what-have-you. If, going as a potential "wild card" that could? Go against Makima? (Imagine all the things you Controlled in Conquest, going awry when War wrecks everyone, equally).

But that'd probably be "best case scenario, Foe Yay", in War wanting to be at War with our little Carron. Or actually setting up conflict, just to see you at your peak, instead of say; "I want thermonuclear war, goddmanit!"

24. Extras: SI MEETS WAR DEVIL OMAKE [NOT 100% SERIOUS]
    Neurax

Neurax Getting sticky.

The new prologue's coming along nicely people, expect it soon, along with an announcement about the rewrite "changelogs" and that I'm discontinuing this thread on QQ and moving to the NSFW one (with the SFW version will be on Spacebattles/Ao3). It's a shame I couldn't have the new prologue finished by the anime release date, but ah well. Fingers crossed for luck... and might as well talk a little about how Part 2 would factor into this story.

Now, speculation time.

Ironically, there's a good chance War Devil would become the SI's "fan" (read: obsessive yandere stalker) like Makima was for Chainsaw Man, mostly because one of his yet-to-be-mentioned concepts falls under War Devil's sphere of influence, and if you've been following the plotline of Part 2, you'll know that War Devil is deathly afraid of being forgotten because the fear of the possibility of wars between nations have decreased since Chainsaw Man retconned World War 2, Nazi's, and likely a lot of other weapon and warfare related Devils. Even if he is supposed to be her "enemy", War would probably be popping off the second she figures out who the SI really is, mostly because the SI's presence alone guarantees that there will be some kind of large-scale conflict, i.e. "war" that will drag her back into relevancy in the minds of humans and Devils alike as a concept to be feared by them. War would also have great synergy with the SI if she was able to become close friends or lovers with him, mostly because he's essentially a reusable "soldier" that can provide any amount of biomass for her to shape and meld at her will and still be alive once she's done turning him into a weapon, and I'm willing to bet she's a tragic character like Makima who is destined for loneliness because War Devil's ability ensures that she is forced to throw away her close friends and allies in order for her to defend herself (though this doesn't mean she's not evil or "misunderstood"). A team up like that probably wouldn't happen though, mostly because the SI would absolutely loath her guts for being the type of psychopath he cannot stand (the doing evil for the sake of it type), and there's a very real risk of War Devil potentially corrupting the SI by using his anger at the current state of the world (this is something new added in rewrite as I'm fleshing the SI's motives and backstory out more) and making him "fall" (not sure yet if I want fallen angels to really be a thing in CSM), and also because Makima would become positively frothing-at-the-moth rabid at a fellow Horse(wo)man trying to steal her property hubby. If you were expecting for the SI to get a harem in this story, don't hold out too much hope, Makima is very possessive.

I'm not sure if War Devil has some kind of bond that made her contract with Asa Mitaka like how Denji did with Pochita (I'll eat my shorts if it turns out that Bucky was the fucking War Devil all along), but since CSM canon is going to irreparably broken by the end of Fumigation, and the SI has only ever read Part 1 of the manga for his "future" info, anything's possible. I'm sure I can speed the timetable on events up, although I want to see how Part 2's story develops first. As for how a first meeting between those two would promptly devolve into, in the event Asa/Yoru got hit with Parasitism and the SI manifested as a hallucination, able to see the both of them...

SI MEETS WAR DEVIL OMAKE (Probably not canon or fully accurate, but who knows... the writing bug bit me.)

I stared in absolute befuddlement at the two teenagers that were now standing before me, the two of them perfectly matching the appearance of the now immobile body of a random-ass civilian girl who had just pulled out a fucking sword made out of a human head and spine of all things from the guitar case she had been carrying, screaming "Die, Chainsaw Man!" while she had tried to slice Pochita open, before she had been rudely interrupted from killing my friend by lieu of my right index finger extending into a spike and impaling her through the chest with extreme prejudice, with enough force behind it to lift her off the ground as her feet dangled in the wind idly.

Now in my defense, if this girl had screamed anything other than "Die, Chainsaw Man!", something that the average civilian probably most definently wouldn't have known, I likely... hopefully... wouldn't have tried to reflexively kill her on the spot instead of restraining her like I'd originally planned to. I'd known she was coming, thanks to the sheer amount of anger and resentment I could sense radiating off her as she had calmy approached the bench me and Pochita were sitting on, that made her a shining beacon of negative emotion in this very inhabited, very... public... park.

Said park was now being filled with the sounds of screams and the panic of parkgoers watching a girl being murdered in broad daylight by a Public Safety employee, and inwardly, I despaired at the paperwork that would no doubt result from this incident, those accursed stacks of dozens upon dozens of never-ending papers that Makima would be remorselessly dumping into my lap to deal with, no doubt with that stupid, smug-ass smile on her damn face alongside some wiseass comment about "show some more restraint". Me, needing restraint?! You bitch, you're the main reason our initial fight escalated to the point of destroying most of the Tokyo HQ's building!

In any case, I'd fucked up, which was why instead of removing my spear-finger and letting what I thought was an ordinary teenage girl with a grudge against Devils lifelessly drop to the ground, I instead tried to save her life by immediately turning that keratin spear back into a tendril by using Parasitism on her to link her vitals with mine...before I had then heard an oddly staticky noise as I felt a sensation not dissimilar to me creating a drone...

And suddenly, I was standing next to Kusumoto Kazuki's immobile form and Pochita sitting in his lap, who looked incredibly nervous at my sudden display of homicide and the would-be attempt on his life, as I tried to make sense of the travesty before me. While this was an out of body experience, I was still connected to my Hivemind, and I could still move my body just fine, but standing opposite the three of us...were two identical teenagers.

The only difference between them was that one had a facial scar and the same patterned eyes as Makima, albeit they were a ruby-red instead of goldish yellow. The one that looked like a normal human had fallen over on her backside, and was practically hyperventilating in fear, probably because looking down, I could see I'd taken upon the form I'd used in my conversations with Denji and Makima, a humanoid figure with an altered version of Shin's mask from Dorehedoro as their face, albiet with tentacles instead of heart ventricles. While the other girl, lunging forward at me with mania in her eyes and grabbing me by the suit I'd somehow kept, shouted at me....

"You don't know how long I've been wanting to meet you, [Censored spoiler, but War calls the SI by his "role"]. I am the War Devil, and- mmrph!" Her words were cut off as I placed a red hand over her mouth, mercifully cutting off a tirade that didn't sound much similar to a full-blown chunniyubo (Japanese weeaboos) who had just met her favorite character at a convention. In hindsight, introducing anime to Denji had been a mistake...

But oh yes. Makima had warned me about this one and what exactly I should expect from her, and while I didn't have a mouth in the proper place, my eyes crinkled kindly, nearly closing as I reached out my other hand to pat the supposed "War Devil" on the head, who's eyes widened in shock at my rudeness and nonchalance. I have to admit that her expression looked really funny, but I wasn't in any mood to play any games with a Devil like this.

"Shhh. Yes, yes, by a series of unfortunate events you, a teenage brat, now have superpowers and it's gone entirely to your head, but I know how these things usually go." The mouth on my hand grinned as I felt a spark of rage blossom from the diminutive girl on me, as I forcibly turned her around to point at the supposed "human" behind us, the one who was generating an awfully suspicious amount of malevolence despite her apparent fear.

Still flat on her ass, she froze in place, as if they were a rabbit coming face to face with a very enormous mountain lion. Not too off the mark, to be honest... but I wasn't fooled. In an unknown space formed by a power that wasn't my own, potentially subject to illusions meant to deceive me about which of these two was the real "War Devil"?

Always suspect the quiet ones. Always.

"You're the real War Devil, aren't you?" I said innocently in complete certainty, only for the girl I was using as a support pillar to break free from my grasp and-

swak!

Slap me across the face, before grabbing me by the suit once more before I could recover, beginning to beat my chest with her fists hysterically as tears streamed down her face as she pointed desperately to her eyes. "No [BLANK], I'm the real War Devil, don't you see?! Don't tell me you've forgotten me too, you can't do anything without me!"

I blinked, mentally taking a moment to recheck that I wasn't wrong in that hatred was practically seeping out of the terrified human but looking closer it was more of a self-loathing kind of hatred, and one that whooopesies.

...Nevermind. I gave the War Devil too much credit.

Letting go of me, the real (ok fine, I was wrong) War Devil frantically paced back in forth in despair, before wildly swinging her foot at an unseeing Pochita... before it harmlessly phased through him, to my immediate relief.

"Damn you! Damn you! Die Chainsaw Man- ow!"

tunk!

And apparently, despite being incorporeal, she could still hurt herself, her third kick hitting the metal bench as she fell over on her side, tears and snot dripping from her face as she sat there and looked absolutely pitiful.

Slowly, I blinked, not sure whether I should feel bad or feel bad about not feeling bad. I mean, she did just try to kill Pochita... but...

I looked down at the sniveling wreck in front of me.

"not fair... not fair... damn you, Chainsaw Man..."

I... I had no doubt that she was still an enormous potential threat and someone who I shouldn't take lightly, but...

Flabbergasted, I scratched the back of my head with a hand as my "eyebrows" scrunched in thought.

Lord almighty, it's like what happened with Makima all over again, granted that time... her mental breakdown had been a lot more justified (and dignified) than War's currently was/is. But seriously, what's wrong with these unholy abominations that are supposed to be pure evil incarnate? Do all of the fucking Horsemen of the Apocalypse get like this when things don't go their way? Surely not, right?

Right?

Turning my head, I looked back at the real human to see what she thought of all this.

"I told her this was a bad idea... why..." Placing her hands in her face, the girl let out the deep, long-suffering groan of someone who had to suffer being the babysitter of a surprisingly immature Horse(wo)man of the Apocalypse, something I could personally relate to. Only instead of being able to run away like I could, she was stuck dealing with an immensely powerful brat 24/7, and likely didn't have their fear or respect to reign them in.

In that moment, I pitied her immensely.

OMAKE END

I especially like how Fujimoto had War Devil/Yoru display juvenile behaviors like throwing a tantrum at Chainsaw Man (Denji) saving her, because that means that when the SI inevitably reaches the end of Makima's patience with his antics and her charisma breaks as she throws a temper-tantrum, it's not going to seem like some incredibly OOC behavior I pulled out of my ass. Fighting instead of talking to resolve a conflict can be seen as a juvenile behavior that fits War Devil really well, and I really like that Fujimoto has chosen to portray these all-powerful entities as having low emotional intelligence, which fits in nicely with my portrayal of the differences of Devils and Angels, as Devils being entities that mainly follow their instinctual desires and impulses (as Id of the cognitive traid) and Angels being hyperfocused on logic and their own morality (representing Superego of the cognitive triad).

Last edited: Oct 13, 2022
  25. Zettabeam

Looking forward to it, good Chainsaw Man stuff is hard to find.
    Especially one where the waifu is Makima, my favorite.

Yeah you mentioned Makima is the most benevolent devil around - which, yeah, obviously that'd mean the angel here wouldn't want to work with someone worse.
    And since Makima wouldn't want to share, then she also wouldn't try and manipulate the situation to have it happen, which means War's gonna get put down.

As for fallen angels, kinda hope that doesn't happen (except, I guess, as a fantasy of Makima if you keep that aspect of the story?)

Going back to this, it's a bit silly but I keep picturing Makima trying to drag the angel to watch romantic comedies... and getting really, really annoyed when he doesn't take the hint.
    If you keep Makima thinking the angel is naive, she'd probably be exasperated, too.

I'm really glad for it, monogamy is top tier.
    Truth be told, I have not been fond of War... or, if I'm being honest, much of Part 2 in general, recently. Maybe I'll like it more when it's finished and I can read it in one go.
    I don't like the new main character, or what Denji's ended up doing when we got introduced to him again (that whole 'let a guy sit on him' was annoying).

26. Neurax

Neurax Getting sticky.

I'm probably going to can the Fallen Angel idea, if only for the sake of keeping the story simple. Makima identifying more as a Fallen Angel than Devil though... you're not too far off the mark there.

Makima will in fact know that the Angel is not naive and is instead a massive troll who delights in blue-balling her immensely. This will be revealed to great effect in-story... *smirks*

As someone who likes to keep my fics somewhat grounded in reality, I've never liked harems as a concept. Relationships realistically need a lot of work to be put into them to keep them healthy and functional, and Makima is most certainty not low-maintenance or prone to sharing. Having the SI with powers most suited for polygamy not do it is my ultimate middle finger to the delusions of horny teenagers who've never been in a real relationship.

And finally, I can assure you that IATSMA Denji will be pretty OOC compared to his canon self in this fic, given that the SI for all his faults is going to be a good parental figure/positive influence and will make sure that Denji doesn't remain the (lovable) little cringe-boy who didn't know any better as he was in canon. Canon Denji's mostly having woman sit on him for money as a way of getting positive attention anyway, and the SI will give him plenty of that.

27. Amanofmanytentacles

Amanofmanytentacles Cthulhu’s apprentice

Have you watched Episode 1 yet? It’s pretty freaking awesome. I was hoping that it would rekindle some of that writing spark XD. Anyways I’m happy this show is getting back on the road.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2022
    Slayer 10321 and Neurax like this.
  28. Neurax

Neurax Getting sticky.

Not yet, I've only watched the first opening, but according to r/Chainsaw Man I heard the anime's been really good so far! I do hope Makima's animation in the anime makes it so all her movements are too deliberate and "perfect" compared to a normal person's body language and micromovements, as it's one of the main things I plan for the SI to criticize her on once she manages to weasel an appraisal of her physical appearance out of him.

29. Amanofmanytentacles

Amanofmanytentacles Cthulhu’s apprentice

Oh trust me, she appears in a single scene and you can tell if you’re in the know. Her movements and mannerisms are so robotic yet so smooth and fluid. To someone who is unaware of her true nature it would be totally normal to assume it’s just a quirk of her character, but to us in the know, it gives me the shivers.

30. MisterHilbert

MisterHilbert Kuomintang Commissar

Can't wait to see my boy Dennis finally having the parent he deserves so much. So, are you going to bring Yoru/Asa in this fic? I hope this fic would only focus on part 1 since Part 2 isn't finished yet.

Edited (Grammar)