1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

It's All The Same Meat Anyway (Chainsaw Man/CARRION) (SI-OC) (Angel AU)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Neurax, Sep 16, 2021.

1. Oculus Observatum

Oculus Observatum I trust you know where the happy button is?

Will our Divine Abomination invoke an Angelic Promise to take care of Denji again in this?

Neurax and Ajlove like this.
  2. Neurax

Neurax Getting sticky.

Essentially, this rewrite is going to progress the same way as the original did "scene-wise", just that there's a lot more detail alongside some changes, some scenes given more polish and detail and there will be entirely new ones added. Several examples being that the SI doesn't even know he's in Chainsaw Man or what he's supposed to be till he crashlands into Japan after fleeing America, in Fumi 1.1 he meets and talks to Makima way earlier in than the warehouse (granted, she doesn't know what he is yet) and we see how she would interact with what she thought was a normal human employee of Public Safety, and that conversation the SI had with Himeno was originally glossed over where now here it's actually addressed entirely from Himeno's point of view, ETERNITY gets spoken about much earlier in the Prologue by the US president, and the readers actually get to "see" them in an added interlude with Pochita reminiscing, and that's just naming a few examples off the top of my head. Overall, a lot more thought has been put into this story as there was before, and I want to give it the justice it deserves.

On the topic of the promise bit, it'll happen as it did before, both since Denji was the entire reason the SI got isekaied there in the first place (will be addressed in the new prologue), and also for the readers to watch as Makima suffers a stroke from having her goal juuuust in sight, only to see the equivalent of a wandering endgame raid boss from an MMO (that's specifically designed to counter her, mind you), crash through the ceiling to cockblock her.

3. Zettabeam

Zettabeam Versed in the lewd.

Will Makima be internally screaming and wondering if she blew her chance at her ideal romance?
    Because all I keep thinking is Makima going "aaaah!" as her perfect memory (if you're keeping that) brings up all the things she did to Michael that you're not supposed to do if you want a relationship.

Plus it's one of those MMO raid bosses that you find really hot so your head isn't always on straight when fighting/otherwise dealing with them.

Also?
    IIRC you mentioned that God would still be around in the revised version, so all I can think about is that the following happens.

God: I'm gonna do what's called a pro gamer move.
    And then making sure MICHAEL is there at just the right time.
    Even if that didn't happen, Makima might well suspect it's the real reason all of that came to be.

4. Oculus Observatum

Oculus Observatum I trust you know where the happy button is?

Oh god, I can just imagine Makima being bombarded with a great many... Imaginings, her mind will be like a rabid fandom, constantly generating fanart after fanart for her to think and fantasize about.

5. Neurax

Neurax Getting sticky.

Actually, it's not going to go as bad as you expect, mostly because Makima tailors her approaches into how she interacts with others depending on the circumstances. She would not treat the SI the same way she did Denji.

To put into things into perspective, in canon Denji was an illegal Devil Hunter, who had been turned into what Public Safety would have classified as a Fiend, herby losing his human rights and thus allowing Makima to do whatever she wanted (adding to that, her trying to seduce him was probably because intimacy was the only way she could really appeal to Denji, who lacked an education and any real desires outside of carnal interests). So Makima's not actually a pedophile despite all the jokes made by the SI, she was just trying to get Denji's trust to manipulate him to do the things she wanted, and if that way happened to have to be by seduction, then so be it.

With the SI however? He's an employee of Public Safety not under her direct jurisdiction by belonging to another division, is in good standing with his peers and still has his human rights (meaning Makima has to abide by certain rules placed upon her by the Japanese Government as they weren't completely braindead to give a Devil free reign over their Devil-hunting organization), and has shown himself to be a competent worker who possesses a skillset that she wants to use for her own ends. In this fic, Makima is much more of a reasonable authority figure than canon leads us to assume, and isn't so liberal with the use of her Control ability that she'd use it the second things didn't go her way or because the SI is giving her backtalk. In the rewrite, the SI immediately rejects her offer to join SD4, providing a decent and logical response as to why he did, and instead of getting pissy or trying to put her foot down (which wouldn't end very well) Makima instead changes her approach, and tries to sway the SI to her side of thinking by engaging in a genuine discussion/argument with him.

And for the God bit, hehe...

Makima: Why are you here?

SI (unaware he can't tell blatant lies and is supposedly "trolling" her): God themself has decided that you've been a very bad girl, and made the executive decision to send me to be your personal pain in the ass for the rest of eternity.

Makima: 0_0

6. Zettabeam

I think this is spoiler but I might as well still ask: is the plan still to have bomb waifu stick around for Denji? Because I thought that was a pretty cute pairing, for how little we got it.

Ah, so instead of panicked internal screaming and kicking herself over messing up, she'd be patting herself on the back over starting things off well with her future hubby associate.

So on the one hand, Makima would think she's once again in the sight of Heaven/God who's once again acting against her by sending the biggest threat she knows of to mess with her.
    On the other... that sounds an awful lot like marriage, doesn't it? Never leaving her, always being there for all of eternity. Why, if Makima was of a certain mindset, she might think that those words would effectively mean she's gotten divine approval to begin courting Michael.
    With a certain warped mentality, it could even make sense, since then from that perspective God would get everything He'd want since Conquest would be out of the game.

On the third mutant hand, imagining that and then Makima thinking of what she did with the closest thing to an angel at hand might begin the panicked internal screaming about very uncomfortable family meetings.

7. Neurax

Neurax Getting sticky.

While I'm unsure about Part 2 so far, every character that was introduced in Part 1 will be making an appearance in this story. Regarding what I think about Denji x Reze pairing, I absolutely love this artist's works ゆきち - pixiv

One of the biggest problems I had regarding the pacing after Fumigation 1.5 originally was that the SI was too paranoid of Makima to show his true self in fears he wouldn't live up to her expectations of an Angel and she'd just try to Control him. Now? Thanks to new shenanigans via Angel instincts I'm introducing, he doesn't really give a fuck what Makima thinks nor is he afraid of being brainwashed by her, which means instead of him pretending to be Kusumoto Kazuki in order to try and avoid conflict, now he's doing it to actively spite her in a sort of "I know you know what I am, but fuck you, expose me if you can" passive-aggressive game of chicken.

The eternity thing is a bit of an over exaggeration I came up with on the spot as an example, but the SI will have a moment of existential crisis once it's revealed that he can indeed not tell a blatant lie and has said several overtly-bullshit things along the lines of "God told me in a dream" and other examples of what he thought were lies intended to hide that what he knows of Makima came from reading a manga instead of divine intervention.

8. Lemonbarb

Lemonbarb Very sour Grinch

Attempt to bullshit, ending up trolling Makima with how her fated plans, have already been foreseen.... By God manga.

Which honestly, could ironically be a bigger troll, on making Makima suddenly paranoid enough to try and CONTROL the entire Mangaka industry... Only to not get a hint of her "prophesy", by omission.

If anything, you could turn blunt truth, into accidentally trolling Makima even more, to the point her sights are on Angel-kun, instead of *just* Chainsaw man.

9. Neurax

Neurax Getting sticky.

Tch, damn. Sadly, looks like I'm not going to make it in time for Halloween, given how it's almost midnight and I'm only 3-4/5s of the way done at best. But the hardest part of rewriting the new prologue is over (I love/hate that first section with a bloody passion, as it's probably the best thing I've ever written so far from a literary standpoint, but man have I spent an unhealthy number of months looking at it), with what I've currently got sitting at 16k words and it'll probably end up being close to 20k once I'm finally done with it. I thank all of you immensely for your patience, and with any luck, I can say with absolute certainty (fingers crossed) the new prologue will drop this week and I'm not going to once again miss another deadline.

Maybe.

Hopefully?

Anyway, hope you all had a Happy Halloween!

Last edited: Nov 1, 2022
  10. IsaacTheAutobot1229

IsaacTheAutobot1229 Not too sore, are you?

Happy Halloween to you as well. Glad to this is back because I love it and can't wait to see how all of this will play out.

Neurax likes this.
  11. Ney☆Ru

Ney☆Ru The song of the stars resounds everywhere.

Completely hooked.

12. LordTom

LordTom Know what you're doing yet?

I enjoyed rereading this work. I love how both of them overthink everything.

Makima : He didn't punch. He pulled ly hair. Called me a bitch. Is he flirting ?.

SI: What terrible plan are you planning you witch.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2022
    Hypervane, Yirash and Slayer 10321 like this.
  13. Zettabeam

You could just split it up?
    Might also help people digest the updates, since 16/20k words would be a lot to go through.

14. Neurax

Neurax Getting sticky.

Hmm, that could be a good idea. There's a good cliffhanger point to cut it off at and lead into naturally next chapter, and the first section is probably the most verbose and important bit of the prologue. The second part can be repercussions of the first, and can introduce the president of the US bit from the original prologue. I'll think about it.

15. Neurax

Neurax Getting sticky.

Part 1 of the new prologue is practically finished, but I'm going to release it later today, as it's 2 am where I am right now and I still need to put the finishing touches as well as a complete review of the 18k monster to make sure it's ready for release. I'd rather do that with a clear mind not addled by sleep and the pain of typing so many words out in a short period of time, so bear with me just a little longer. Transubstantiation I's pending release date...

Sometime today.

16. TimelordLucario

TimelordLucario Professional Lurker

The hype is real.

17. Breakdown_Brkdwn

Breakdown_Brkdwn Know what you're doing yet?

EVERYONE ON THE HYPE TRAIN
    OO O o o o... ______________________ _________________
    O ____ | | | |
    ][_n_i_| ( ooo___ | H Y P E | | T R A I N |
    (__________|_[______]_|____________________|_|_______________|
    0--0--0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Aww man, it broke :(

18. Threadmarks: THIS STORY IS BEING REWRITTEN
    Neurax

Neurax Getting sticky.