1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Kill Six Billion Demons

Discussion in 'General' started by Nervaqus987, Jan 23, 2015.

1. 2 Hot Crown Subdues the Sinful

2 Hot Crown Subdues the Sinful Aris

Abbadon is simply too scared to draw the Jaggadong.

He knows it would need a whole book's worth of build up just to prepare the audience.

2. TheOtherSandman

TheOtherSandman Well worn.

3. 2 Hot Crown Subdues the Sinful

Least Devotee and ElegiacCrown like this.
  4. TheOtherSandman

TheOtherSandman Well worn.

5. 2 Hot Crown Subdues the Sinful

Meat.

6. MobiusOneDT

MobiusOneDT Yellow 4

It's amazing how much a single word can sum up.

7. ElegiacCrown

ElegiacCrown Neither grandly nor intoxicatingly innocent.

“Listen to me, my son, and listen to me well. The strongest man in the world is only meat after all. To surpass him, you must merely become the strongest butcher.”
    – Jantris, Dead Man

Alt text: Not Incubus' best day, let's be fair

Okay. Real talk. Incubus looks a lot cooler without his skin. Very metal. His conclusion is accurate too. That being said...

BEHOLD!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Least Devotee

Least Devotee Experienced.

9. ElegiacCrown

What can I say but: astute observation. Gog probably counts for a few, at least, could get her in bulk.

“Ox faced, black-tongued, the Wheel Turning King is master of terrestrial powers and war arts. His dominance is unchallenged and he crushes the kings of mankind using only three of his fingers. He wields the legacy of the crimson eyed god with a blazing will and a heated brow. His mighty body is a gate to hold back heaven.
    He will never touch royalty.”
    -Psalms
    Alt text: Running out of demiurges, might go to the shop to pick up a few

Also, for what it's worth, I legitimately can't tell if Mottom is actually happy about this or if she's just putting up a front to try and deny Jaggy... something. She was less than cool about dying when Allison killed her favorite tree.

10. Least Devotee

On the one hand it's been about... a year IIRC since said tree was uprooted. On the other hand she seemed just completely out of fucks to give.

So six of one, half a dozen of another I guess?

11. 2 Hot Crown Subdues the Sinful

I don't think she minds death, so much as the process.

She was willing to go if it meant Allison replaced her.

She was trapped, and the idea of just ditching everything & YOLO'ing is Anathema to all Demiurges.

Mammon would not get forgive himself for what he did, David would not train an heir to take over, Nadia wouldn't simply ditch the responsibilities she gained when she took over for her husband which dragged her down, Jadis' dad was Asian Parent Stereotype & she wouldn't stop trying to be the smartest person ever, Gog-Agog can't enjoy herself in a world-wide masturbatory orgy & keeps seeking validation by schlorping others, Incubus can't get over his master using him as a tool to train Noodles, Auntie Maya can't get over Incubus being her master's unwittingly loyal puppet, Metatron can't even move much less move on, and Jagganoth is Oodles of PTSD.

Literally if any of them just packed up & went on vacation, found something else to do with themselves, the cycle breaks.

THE GRAND ENEMY CALLED I.

Their obsessions that drove & now prevent them from, achieving Royalty.

Zoss literally restarted from last save instead of playing another game, until he realized the king of swords must cast aside his blade, and let his burden be taken by another

"Once you have built your tower, you must deconstruct it, brick by brick, stone by stone. You must do it meticulously and carefully, so that while you leave no physical trace of it remaining, your tower is still built in your mind and your heart, ready to spring anew at a moment’s notice."

“The man who builds his tower but cannot take it apart again – that man is at the pinnacle of his strength. But that man will surely perish.”

Freedom Lets Go.

None of the Demiurges can Let Go.

All of them want to fall, not a single one can jump.

12. DestyNova

DestyNova Getting sticky.

Mottom, you could have avoided this by just LYING to Gog.

Splinterface likes this.
  13. 2 Hot Crown Subdues the Sinful

Nadia was too shocked by Gog.

Like, the timing during such a high-stress situation isn't conductive to reason.

14. ElegiacCrown

Fallen.
    Alt text: "A man who holds fear in his heart will never be safe, no matter how strong he makes himself. No matter how iron hard he makes his defenses, if left untouched his fear will spring forth and devour him from the inside at a moment's notice." - Au Vam

You know what. Solomon's rocking that "renaissance martyr" look.

edit: Also to quote KSBD reader 25 Penitent Spark Scours the Dirt:
    "Considering the circumstances, David is in peak condition right now."

15. DestyNova

DestyNova Getting sticky.

Containment Breach! The beard has escaped bindings!

16. Least Devotee

17. ElegiacCrown

Feet of Clay

Honestly, that's as accurate a descriptor as one can have. And it's just going to get worse before things are over.

I also have to wonder, with the stylistic shift in the last panel, whether Solomon might be about to have a full-on breakdown.

18. 24caratcoal

24caratcoal Plotbunny Rancher

I had one immediate thought on that last panel.

Mur-der tiiiime....

19. 2 Hot Crown Subdues the Sinful

Honestly, getting on Salami's case for not being able to beat Jugs.

Like?

I don't feel it.

It's Chakra Jugs.

As for Salami not being that great a ruler? That's like the only guy whose government we bother criticizing, because holy fuck do people under the other six have it absolutely, & objectively worse than anyone under the Big Salami. It's kinda hard to feel like "Yeah, you tell him!" when the other options are an Ice Cube, a Masochistic Smaug & his BDSM accountants, three different flavors of parasites, and the CEO of the Omnicidal-Industrial Complex. While surrounded by marauding devils & roaming cultivators.

20. ElegiacCrown

I mean, strictly speaking I don't think that's something the people would really... get. To them Solomon isn't just a demiurge, he's the immortal god that they've worshiped and followed for years specifically because he's supposed to keep shit like this from happening. So it's not just that Solomon can't beat Jagganoth, it's that the image and expectations of the masses have been so thoroughly shattered that the only thing they have left to do is panic.
    And that's the thing about this update... I don't think we're supposed to feel like it's "yeah, you tell him!" I think we're supposed to feel like this is a situation where everything's going wrong, where the people are grasping for anything that they can blame because everything they believed in is a lie. I mean, look at the crowd, a few of them seem to be on her side in their blame, but others are still reaching out to him, begging him for help and to know what to do next, because that's the only method they know of (at his insistence) to deal with extraordinary circumstances.

edit:
    tldr, I don't think they're getting on his case because he can't beat juggs, I think they're coming to realize that he's not as omnipotent as he led them to believe, and they're all probably going to die because of it. They trusted him to keep them safe, and are now realizing that he can't.

21. Gaemnomut

Gaemnomut Well worn.

Reading through the comments section of this update showed me that a lot of people obviously got a very different message from the comic in regards to Solomon than I did.

I'm paraphrasing here obviously, but the gist of a lot of comments seems to be that Solomon is only worthy of veneration for his benevolence, and that he should slaughter these ungrateful peasants criticising him now. It's not as if I don't sympathise with the dude, judging what is right and how much to interfere in the lives of his people in his position must be hard in his position. Not to mention that even as god king he probably cannot perfectly control what all his underlings do on a multiversal scale and so despite his awesome powers the system he built is to a degree even outside his control. Even though he claims differently.
    That page in particular seems relevant now, since they were asking about precautions to his possible failure in battle which he refused to even consider despite knowing full well how powerful Jagganoth had become. Now that the point has come that he has failed in battle, I think his subjects are rightly somewhat upset.
    Not to mention, just because things are worse in the other domains does not mean things couldn't be better in his. Solomon has certainly built a prosperous empire, but that does not mean he and the system he built is without fault worthy of criticism.
    Also, some people seem to be suggesting that being the empire's protector means he couldn't or shouldn't be able to step down as ruler. He could very well let somebody else rule the empire, and still step up to protect it from outside threats.
    I also see the sentiment crop up that judging the empire by our modern standards is unjust, when actually, the empire should most likely be judged by much higher standards than us. After all they seem to have had thousands of years of stability under an immortal god king. And no, the other demiurges existence does not excuse them either imo, as they are in essence no different than the nuclear powers of our world.

Either way, Solomon certainly is an interesting character, and I'm looking forward to seeing how this will unfold.

22. Purplepurple

Purplepurple Getting sticky.

And after that, all what was created is a decoration to make Solomon awesome. See https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/king-of-swords-1-8/

"better life than under Pol Pot or Stalin or Hitler - probably" is a quite low bar.

23. NightmareWarden

NightmareWarden Versed in the lewd.

Those final panels remind me of Gog Agog’s lesson- “The mass remembers!”

Gog Agog might have hated Mottom the most, but it looks like she did the most harm to Solomon.

Least Devotee likes this.
  24. Gaemnomut

Gaemnomut Well worn.

Yup. Low bar indeed.
    Well, imo Solomon at least gets points for not being actively malicious. He seems to earnestly want to do good by his people. It's just that he could have done a better job and his approach appears to be, let's say, misguided.

Well, Mottom is dead, sooooo...
    You're right though. It is quite similar.
    I wonder though how many of those Rayubans here are infected with Gog. I could see her gleefully spreading salt in the wound after how she left.

25. 2 Hot Crown Subdues the Sinful

26. 24caratcoal

24caratcoal Plotbunny Rancher

That’s one mad Salami...

27. aabbcc

aabbcc Well worn.

The jaggadong is going to be obliterated.

28. ElegiacCrown

Last Stand
    alt text: "Misery breeds desperation. Desperation breeds hate. With hate, a man can turn anything into a weapon, even his own broken body. This is the secret of the Life Cut." - Mars Pallatrix

Well... I'm glad Solomon is focusing his anger on the real threat. Though, it's entirely possible those civilians didn't survive the takeoff

29. Gumiho

Gumiho Reach heaven through violence!

Who im told is Abbadon has already stated that Salami wasnt gonna kill his peeps.[​IMG]

30. Gaemnomut

Gaemnomut Well worn.

daaaaaaaamn
    that's some cool shit.

I still wonder what Inkubus' plan was. He wanted war, but to what end? Was it out of spite? Did he think he could use the chaos? Did he think he would be spared if he helped Jagganoth? Some other reason?

Least Devotee likes this.