• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Kumo desu ga, Nani ka? - Edit System

Created at
Index progress
Incomplete
Watchers
Recent readers

It was night and cold. It was raining, and the wind was strong. I was lying on my bed, reading a...
Prologue

ParodyGirl

Getting sticky.
It was night and cold. It was raining, and the wind was strong. I was lying on my bed, reading a web novel.

Its name?

Kumo desu ga, Nani Ka?

It was about a girl reincarnated as a spider with a system and levels. It is a somewhat clichéd work since nowadays you can find many such isekais online.

Reincarnated as a slime, as a dragon, as a vampire, as an elf... Even reincarnated as a vending machine.

And about the spider novel... It's fun. It's not the best isekai I've ever read, but the proposal is interesting and makes you very anxious for the next chapter. It fulfills the purpose of a novel.

Unfortunately, for me, it lost its way a little halfway through, but it improved again towards the end and was very satisfying.

"I still have to read some extra chapters published by the author." I got out from under the covers and stood up. I looked at my computer screen and noticed it was brighter than usual.

Suddenly, my vision went a little blurry, and I started to feel a pain in my fingertips that went "walking" my arm and suddenly reached my chest. It was excruciating pain.

I couldn't even scream. I held my chest and lost all strength in my body. I fell and crashed into the carpet on the floor.
The pain gradually subsided, along with my consciousness.

I noticed that my cell phone was vibrating before I passed out.

####

When I opened my eyes, I noticed it was dark and quiet around me.

'So this is the afterlife? I didn't think it would be so comfortable.' Despite the darkness, I was enveloped in a warm and very comfortable substance. Seconds later, I noticed I was trapped inside something.

It was a soft wall.

'Hm?' I started to touch it with my 'hand' and pushed harder and harder. The wall was elastic, and it was stickier than I had imagined.

Then, suddenly.

Break~~

I heard the sound of something breaking. It was the wall around me. A dim light was coming from outside.
'Hm? What's that?' I looked through the hole that had been opened and noticed a very rocky and dark ceiling as if it were inside a cave. Then, I heard several sounds similar to when I broke through the supposed "wall."

Then, I crawled out of the hole.

And when I did, I finally realized where I was.

I was sticking my head out of the hole and using my legs to support myself. Yes, legs... Or paws. Relatively thin, slightly hairy legs, they were spider legs.

And all around me? Well, it was a war scene.

Several giant spiders were fighting for their lives. I ducked back into the egg in a panic when I saw this.
'Damn it, damn it. It's happening! The same thing is happening to me!' I remembered the beginning of Kumo desu ga; it was the same; it had happened to Kumoko as soon as she was born. Does that mean I've become her?

No, that's a joke.

Then, suddenly, I heard a voice.

[ The requirements have been completed. The title "Editor" has been acquired ]

'Hm, what? Editor? Did that exist in the novel?'

Chapter 1
The voice came like an angel to save me!

But it is strange. I never saw this title before. It's certainly not something that exists in the original story. 'System, please show me what this is.'

[ Because of the title "Editor" the skill "Editing LV1" has been learned ]

'Waaaa! A Skill I've never seen before.'

[ Editing LV1 ]

[ Make edits to your Status and Skills ]

'I see, I see. Wait, this is a broken skill! It's like a hack! The possibility of editing my Status? What if I want to change my race to evolve?'
And that's what I tried, but...

[ Blocked! The skill level is too low! ]

'It obviously wouldn't work. But I can make other edits.'

--//--

Small Lesser Taratect LV1

Skill Points: 100

Nameless

Status
HP 12
MP 12
SP 12

Average Offense Ability : 11
Average Defense Ability : 11
Average Magic Ability : 10
Average Resistance Ability : 10
Average Speed Ability : 259

--//--

'Let's see, I can't edit the number of skill points and my level either. But I think I can do it.'

[ Editing activated ]

[ Average Speed Ability: 259 ]

[ _____ ]

'My speed is already very high, but I want to increase it even more before I escape from this place. My "mother" is here, so I have to be careful. Let's go. If I set it to 2000, will it work?'

[ Edit successfully applied! ]

[ Average Speed Ability: 2000 ]

[ Duration 4:56 ]

'The duration is only five minutes!' I stuck my head out again. The war between the spiders was still going... I don't want to participate.

There were spiders everywhere, so I looked carefully for the best route.

'There, in that place.' In one area, there were a lot of spider bodies, but no battles were taking place. Also, it's in the opposite direction to where my "mother" is. Perfect!

'Please don't come after me.' I screamed in my mind and jumped out of the egg. I fully adapted to this body in a second. With my unusual agility and good movements, I fled the scene.

Maybe my mother didn't see me. I hope not.

'Haaa~~ Haaa~~ Damn, that's tiring.' I used up all my SP because of my weak body. Just running for a minute was enough to exhaust me. I can't make such extreme edits.

Right, where should I go now?

'Hm? Another spider! It's a spider!' It was climbing up the walls and using its webs to build something. 'Kumoko? No, it's not her. She didn't adapt this quickly.'

It's probably one of my older brothers or something. I don't have the appraisal skill to know.

'Oh, that's right. I can buy it with my 100 skill points just like Kumoko did!'

I acquired the level one appraisal skill. Like Kumoko, I analyzed the labyrinth wall.

[ Wall ]

That's the only thing that appeared.

'I have to keep leveling up the skill just like she did. In the meantime, let's keep walking and look for a plance to hide while I recover from this fatigue.'
I'll think more about this situation when I get to a safe place.

####

I walked along some narrow paths and climbed the walls. Fortunately, I didn't meet any monsters on the way.

'It's okay, I can do it. '

As if it was something normal for me, I started to use the web that was coming out of my "ass" to build a house to hide from the dangers.
However, I couldn't finish the house before my SP was practically exhausted.

'I can end up dying of exhaustion.' I climbed up the webs and stood still. I kept my eyes open to observe my surroundings. I could get attacked!

'It's okay... Everything's a bit calmer now.'

I took a deep breath.

'WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON HERE? DID I DIE? DID I REALLY DIE? But even if I did die, it doesn't make sense that I came to this place. I wasn't in that classroom.'

I'm not part of this story.

Haaaa~~

I let out a big sigh and started to feel very tired. I felt like sleeping, but I held myself back.

'I can't sleep now. First, I need to take a second look at my status.'

Hmm, I see, so my speed is now back to normal. This skill is really very convenient. I can use it to escape and also to attack.
'I need to test whether I can edit two statuses simultaneously.'

If I can edit my strength and agility at the same time, I can take on anything in this place.

'No, that won't work. My SP is too low! If I edit my statuses and set them too high, I could end up dying.'

But what if I edit my SP, strength, and agility?

'No, I'm sure my skill isn't at the level where I can do that. Anyway, it's not the best time to think about it. I need to get in touch with the administrator.'
If I contact the administrator, I can explain the situation.

But for that to happen, I need to attract attention.

And there's nothing better to attract attention than conquering this entire labyrinth, is there? But conquering the Great Elroe Labyrinth is almost impossible...'
Just thinking about the middle "floor" full of lava makes me scared.

'Right, shall I copy Kumoko's steps? Let's try to capture something.'

Last edited:
Chapter 2
To start copying Kumoko's steps, I needed to rest. Even though I didn't sleep, my SP recovered, and I worked on my web to catch an enemy.

I had already seen a few monsters, but fortunately, I wasn't attacked. I'm being ignored...Or maybe they didn't see me.

'That's great.' I made a web that covered a good part of the passage I was in. After doing this, I waited a few minutes until my first enemy appeared.

The first enemy appeared.
It was a toad, but with my appraisal level, I couldn't see its status.

'But I remember it. It's one of the weakest monsters in this area. Urgh, its skin is sticky and disgusting.'

The toad continued to fight as it tried to free itself from my web. However, it couldn't get away. My web was too strong even though my skills were still of a low level.

So...

'Ah, damn!' An attack came. An acid spit came out of its mouth and towards me. It was a surprise, but managed to avoid its attack. 'You son of a bitch!' I shouted in my mind and used my only skill.

[ Editing activated ]

[ Average Offense Ability: 11 ]

'Let's make a drastic edit!' A few more attacks came. I knew it would hurt if I got hit. However, I wondered if I should be hit on purpose by one of its attacks.

Kumoko received skills after being hit.

'All right, attack me!' I faced the disgusting toad, and our eyes met. I swallowed my saliva. I was feeling quite nervous as I waited for its attack.

Then...

Spit!

Its attack came at me. I turned towards it and let its 'venom' hit my ass.

When the attack hit me, regret hit me.

'AAAAAHH! THAT HURTS!!! IT FUCKING HURTS!!!' With my ass on fire, I started to run and got away from that toad. I felt like my skin was burning.

IT HURT LIKE HELL!

DAMN, DAMN! How could Kumoko have been so indifferent about it? Or did she suffer as much as I did? I can't remember.

'Damn it, damn it, hurry!'

I began to pray that the voice of heaven would save me.

[ Skill proficiency achieved. ]

[ The skill "Acid Resistance LV1" has been learned ]

'Finally! Damn!'

As soon as I learned the skill, the pain began to diminish. 'But now that I've accomplished my goal, it's time to end it.'

It's time to finish my edit.

[ Average Offense Ability: 1000 ]

[ Duration 5:00 ]

'Yes, perfect!'

With my extreme strength, I advanced towards the toad. My agility was high, so it wasn't difficult to get close to it without getting hit. As I approached the toad, it started to use its tongue to attack me, but I avoided it.

'TAKE THAT!'

With my legs, I hit the toad directly in the eyes. My attack was so strong the toad almost came out of my web. It was an instant kill, and I probably got a few experience points!

But I didn't level up.

'I killed it. However, my SP is already low again. That's sucks... I need to level up quickly so I can increase my SP.' There must be a skill that increases my SP, but I can't remember it.

'Anyway! I can edit the SP when my editing skill levels up(probably). Speaking of which, how long will it take to level up?'

Grrr~~

'Oh, my stomach hurts...' Then, I finally started to feel hungry, very hungry.

I looked at the dead toad with the pierced eyes and remembered Kumoko devouring this monster. She said it tasted awful, but is it that bad? I'll only find out when I try it.

So, still reluctant, I bit into the toad. I bit straight into its stomach. My sharp teeth tore through its flesh with ease.

[ Skill "Acid Resistance LV1" became "Acid Resistance LV2" ]

'Urgh... It tastes awful.'

####

The taste of that toad was like rotten meat. Also, the flesh had a sour taste that made my mouth hurt. But what matters is that I filled my stomach. Now I can rest.

But I didn't have time for that.

My SP is low, so when I heard an enemy approaching... I panicked.

"Let's go this way."

'What?' Human voices. Yes, human voices. I started to hear various voices. Also, I could see the lights of their torches.

'Damn, damn, damn.' I had made my house too big. It would attract too much attention, and I could end up dead.

'Why humans? Isn't it too early?'

I guess I was unlucky. I'm probably in a place where humans frequently visit. But now I shouldn't overthink. I need to hide as quickly as possible.

But I can't run now. My SP is too low.

So I slowly climbed up my web and got as close to the ceiling as possible, hiding behind the tangles of webs I had created.

They were finally here, the humans.

'Please don't do anything...' My heart almost exploded.

Chapter 3
I stood still, watching the lights of the humans' torches. I was trembling as I would be killed if I were seen. I'm weak, and my SP is too low to do anything with my editing skill.

But if I'm seen, I'll have to do something... At least I have to die trying to survive!

"What's that? There's a lot of webs around here. It looks like the spider that used to live here has abandoned its home." I heard one of the humans speak. I didn't know how many there were, but it was probably a large group.
"Don't touch that." Another human spoke. His voice was deeper. Then, I could see that the glow from their torches had increased.

AH, DAMN!

Yes, he had set fire to my house. Yes, that happened to Kumoko, too, but I didn't imagine it would happen to me. 'Damn it, damn it, what do I do? Should I stand still for now?'

The human footsteps were becoming distant. They were moving away. So I stood still and waited for a while. My web was very flammable. It was burning fast.

When the fire was very close, I finally decided to run away.

I ran across the roof and ran opposite where the humans had gone.

'Those sons of bitches! But at least I wasn't discovered!' I hid between two rocks and used my web to protect myself again. Then I took a deep breath and closed my eyes to get some rest.

It was silent around me. There didn't seem to be anyone.

However, I was suddenly attacked.

The web protecting me began to be corroded by the acid one of the toads living in the area had used. 'SON OF A BITCH!' I didn't edit my Status, but I attacked it anyway. I used my fangs and bit it.

Then my poison kicked in. It was the first time I had used my poison.

'Huh?' It didn't take long for the toad to be killed. Then, I finally suffered my first "skin change."

[ Small Lesser Taratect LV 1 became Small Lesser Taratect LV 2 ]

[ Skill proficiency achieved.]
[The skill "Poison Resistance LV1" became "Poison Resistance LV2" ]

[ The skill "Thread Manipulation LV2" has become "Thread Manipulation LV3" ]

[ Skill points received. ]

Honestly, it felt good. It was a bit disgusting to see all my skin being changed, but when it was all over, I felt extremely good, as if I'd just woken up from a deep sleep.

I felt very energized.

'Haaaa~~ It's great to level up' I don't remember how long it took Kumoko to level up. Also, I don't remember being notified that my "Thread Manipulation" skill had become LV2.

Now it's LV3.

It probably went up a level after I built my house, and I didn't even notice.

'Poison resistance has also gone up, that's great. Plus, I got 100 skill points.' But I'm not going to spend them now.

'Right, now that my Status has been restored, I can use my editing skill again. Hmmm... My SP has gone up a bit."

Small Lesser Taratect LV2

Skill Points: 100

Nameless

Status

HP 15

MP 15

SP 15

'That's right, now that I've noticed... Even though my appraisal skill is still at level one, I can still see all my Status.'

I can see all my Statuses because of my editing skill(probably). I need to see my Status to edit it, don't I?

But even if I can see my Status, I can't see the Status of other monsters. So apart from the fact that I can see my Status because of the editing skill, the evaluation skill works like Kumoko's.

I need to level it up.

'I'll keep 'evaluating' everything I come across on the way.'

I walked slowly and followed some narrow paths in the giant labyrinth. I confess that I no longer knew where I was and didn't have a map to locate me. Even so, I had to keep going.

I want to reach a place that I remember Kumoko having visited before.

The place where the giant bees nest is. If I remember correctly, the monster's name is Finjicote.

'But it will be challenging to find the place. On the way, I'll hunt down more of those toads. There's also a dragon there, isn't there?'

What would happen if I edited my strength to 100,000 and hit it?

####

'Haaaa~~' Damn, I'm tired.

[ "Small Lesser Taratect LV4" became "Small Lesser Taratect LV5" ]

[ All basic skills improved ]

[ Proficiency achieved. ]
[ The skill "Pain Resistance LV1" has been learned ]

[ Skill proficiency achieved ]
[ The skill "Poison Fang LV6" has become "Poison Fang LV7" ]

[ The skill "Night Vision LV5" became "Night Vision LV6" ]

'Oh!'

I don't know how long it's been, but it's been a few hours. I've spent all this time hunting toads, so it's taken me a long time to level up. They're very low-level monsters, so I had to kill many.

I should do some things to gain skills like... Throw some rocks to gain a throwing skill. I should also try to get some magic skills.

'I have 400 skill points. Can I buy a magic skill with that? I don't think I can get a good skill.'

Let's move on and look for the place where the nest is. That place is the perfect place to farm experience at my current level. But I have to be careful, it won't be that easy.

'But seriously... I don't think it will be that easy to get there. Besides, I'll have to face a lot of enemies on the way.'

Chapter 4
Small Lesser Taratect LV5

Skill Points: 400

Nameless

Status

HP 24
MP 24

SP 24

'It's strange how all my statuses are the same. All right, but what about the skills I have now?'

[ Editing LV1 ]

[ Appraisal LV4 ]

[ Acid Resistance LV4 ]

[ Poison Fang LV7 ]

[ Night Vision LV6 ]

[ Pain Resistance LV1 ]

[ Thread Manipulation LV6 ]

[ Poison Resistance LV5]

'Honestly, I don't have that many skills. It takes a lot of work to gain skills. I've attacked the toads in every way...'

I've attacked them with stones, bitten, punched, kicked, and done all that, but I haven't gained any new attack skills. My only weapons at the moment are my poison and my web.

However, I'm not as clever as Kumoko. Even though I know how to use my web, I can't use it to my advantage that easily. Honestly, I need to fight differently.

Trying to trap my enemies and poison them isn't working. My acid resistance has even gone up several levels because of the amount of attacks I've received from those damned toads.

'Haaa~~'

Besides, I was trying not to be held hostage by my editing skill since it uses up a lot of my SP, and I could end up in trouble if I get too tired during a battle.

However, this skill is the only way to conquer this labyrinth.

If I follow in Kumoko's footsteps, I'll end up dead. Besides, it's no fun following the original story and doing everything the way she did. 'I need to create my own story.'

Since I have the possibility of editing my Status and abilities, how about creating an original story called:

"I've been reincarnated as Kumoko, and now I have an editing system that allows me to be the strongest monster in the world." ?

'Naaahhh.'

Grrrrr~~

Oh damn, I have to eat again...

####

I stuffed my belly with the meat of two frogs I had killed earlier and then built a new simple house using my webs so I could rest for a while. I stayed there for almost three hours.

It didn't take long for all my SP to recover.

'Now that I'm fully recovered, I'll farm some experience to get to level 10 and evolve.'

Speaking of evolution, I'll do the same evolutions as Kumoko to get the Arachne race. It's the right thing to do. Well... I don't know if the system will give me the same evolution path.

'Right, there aren't any monsters around here.' I walked around for a few minutes. I walked mainly along the walls and the ceiling to avoid the rocky floor, which could be dangerous.

Most of the monsters in this place stayed on the ground.

'Oh, speaking of them! I think this monster's name is Elroe Ferect. It's a centipede, urgh, it's disgusting.'

The amount of legs was highly uncomfortable. I hate that kind of insect with lots of legs.

'As far as I remember, this monster is weak but fast. Oh, that's right, I can use the Appraisal skill.'

[ Elroe Ferect LV4 ]

'Lv4? It's at a lower level than mine. I don't need to edit my Status to deal with it.'

However, this is my first time fighting this monster, so I must be careful.

'Right, I'll approach carefully.'

I walked along the ceiling in the darkest part. I remained camouflaged in the dark, and the monster didn't notice me. It continued to walk with its many paws towards me.

I stood still and waited until it was right below me.

'Now!' Screaming in my mind, I let go of the ceiling and fell towards the monster.

Its senses were good, so the Ferect noticed my presence. It looked up, and its fangs were shown to me.

'Urgh!' I had to throw my web towards the ceiling and stop my movement before being hit. I was left dangling, and the Ferect stood up using the back of its body.

A strange sound came from its mouth, and I swung using my web.

Then, I broke free of the web and flew towards the wall. As soon as I reached the wall, Ferect ran towards me. However, I'm faster. I ran towards it. Then I hit the back of its body.

'Damn, its shell is hard!' However, I couldn't inject my poison because of its hard shell. 'Then I'll use my strength!' With my legs, I hit just the back of its body.

The insect screamed in pain as my light but powerful legs began to break its shell.

'If it had a higher level, I'd be fucked!'

With its body now damaged, I managed to inject poison into it, killing it.

'Damn, that was more fun than I thought. Luckily, I didn't get hit once... But that was dangerous.'

I took Ferect's body, wrapped it in my web, and put it on the wall to eat later. As soon as I finished putting the body away, new monsters appeared, perhaps attracted by the sound of our fight.

'But that's good~~ They'll become experience points for my evolution~~'

Chapter 5 - Monster's nest.
[ "Small Lesser Taratect LV5" became "Small Lesser Taratect LV6" ]

[ All basic skills improved ]

[ The skill "Pain Resistance LV1" became "Pain Resistance LV2" ]

[ The skill "Poison Fang LV7" became "Poison Fang LV8" ]

[ The skill "Night Vision LV6" became "Night Vision LV7" ]

"Hmm, everything is progressing rather quickly. But I'm still a long way from level 10. There aren't many monsters here. Just more Ferects." Ah, it's true; I saw a trio of tiny dinosaurs.

But they were on level two and ran away when they saw me kill one of the Ferects. I could have gone after them, but I didn't.

'All right, let's eat and get some rest, after which we'll continue my journey in search of where the bee's nest is... Or was it wasps?' It doesn't matter. It's a great place to level up.

Not only that, but it's also the place where I can reach a deep part of the labyrinth and where the earth dragon is. Killing that monster will give me a frightening number of experience points.

But won't doing that hinder Kumoko's evolution? But I'm not Kumoko? So far, I haven't found out precisely whether I became her or I'm just an extra who ended up in this place.

'But I think I am an extra... It's impossible that I took Kumoko's place. I'll only find out the truth when I meet her.'

####

[ "Small Lesser Taratect LV6" became "Small Lesser Taratect LV7" ]

[ The skill "Thread Manipulation LV5" became "Thread Manipulation LV6" ]

[ Skill proficiency achieved.]
[ Skill "Night Vision LV7" became "Night Vision LV8" ]

'Seriously, this is making me a bit sad. My skill number isn't increasing like Kumoko's.'

I even got hit by paralysis skills to try to acquire paralysis resistance, but I failed. Unfortunately, my number of skills seems to be limited...

I'm not Kumoko.

If I had become her, I would have the same ability to gain skills easily.

But to say that I didn't gain any skills, I did receive a rather interesting skill. However, I had to spend my points to buy it, and that skill is called:

[ Mana Perception ]

However, it cost all of my 500 points. For some reason, it's costly. I don't know the exact price Kumoko paid for her skills, but it's expensive.

'Now I'll focus on acquiring mana control to learn magic. After that, I'll think about other skills to learn.'

And why did I take this skill, you ask?

'I like magic. Yes, I love magic. Stories focused on magic are my favorite! I want to use magic! I remember that Kumoko was also very keen to use magic, but I don't think she likes magic as much as I do.'

I want to get all the magical elements. I want to become a wizard king or something.

'I'm exaggerating. It will take a lot of work.'

Small Lesser Taratect LV7

Skill Points: 0

Nameless

Status

HP 26
MP 26
SP 26

Average Offense Ability: 17
Average Defense Ability: 17
Average Magic Ability: 16
Average Resistance Ability: 16
Average Speed Ability: 271

Active Abilities

[ Editing LV1 ]
[ Appraisal LV5 ]
[ Poison Fang LV8 ]
[ Thread Manipulation LV6 ]

Passive Abilities

[ Acid Resistance LV4 ]
[ Night Vision LV8 ]
[ Pain Resistance LV2 ]
[ Poison Resistance LV6 ]
[ Mana Perception LV1 ]

####

'Waaaaa~~ There are too many.'

I had arrived in a place I shouldn't have been. It was a place that was infested with monsters. It was the Ferect again, but there were too many of them this time! A colony of them! In other words, a lot of experience for me!

It was disgusting, though.

The monsters were all together. It is like a plague.

'It's disgusting... But I have to do it.'

It was a small room inside the labyrinth full of Ferects. It's a nest of these monsters. Most were standing still, probably sleeping or resting, but some were moving around.

It was very dark, but I could see everything thanks to my ability [ Night Vision LV8 ].

'The way I am now, I can't kill all these monsters without using my editing skill. How many of them are here? One... two... three... There must be thirty of them. That's wild!'

Activating my [ Appraisal ] skill almost drove me crazy. The amount of names and levels was absurd.

'Most of them are between levels 3 and 4... But there are some stronger ones. I even saw one at level 8. Fortunately, none of them have evolved.'

The strongest ones may be out. I have to do this quickly.

'All right, let's edit my strength since my speed is already high.'

####

[ Editing Activated ]

[ Average Offense Ability: 17 ]

'Let's put the strength at... 500. Let's not overdo it, I can't spend too much of my SP. If I spend too all my SP, I won't be able to kill everyone.'

[ Average Offense Ability: 500 ]

[ The skill "Editing LV1" became "Editing LV2" ]

'What? Really? I thought the skill would take a while to level up. Can I make two edits now?'

[ Average Speed Abiliy: 271 ]

'Let's set the speed to 500 as well.'

'My God, it worked! Now everything's easier!'

Chapter 6 - I can finally evolve.
I already started to feel the difference. It was incredible to have so much strength and agility simultaneously. I felt like I could run around and kill anything in this maze.

Of course, it's not that easy.

'I have to do this quickly'. I looked again at the vast number of monsters together in that "room" and swallowed my saliva. I have five minutes to do this... No, I have less time.

My SP is too low.

'Damn, I've got to get an SP regeneration skill or something. ALL RIGHT, I'M LOSING FOCUS! I have to do it soon!'

I took a deep breath and then moved on. I went for the nearest monsters first.

The level 4 centipedes managed to react, but not in time. I used my legs to hit them directly in the head and kill them. After that, I threw my web towards the ceiling and climbed up.

'Oops!'

Then, a commotion broke out among the monsters.

They noticed my presence and started making lots of sounds. They were angry.

I stuck to the ceiling and then jumped towards the center of the centipedes, landing on one of them and biting it. This time, my fangs managed to pierce its shell, and my poison entered its body.

My poison was potent, so the monster died quickly, even though it had a resistance to poison.

'But now I'm surrounded.' I looked around, and all the monsters jumped towards me simultaneously. I threw my web in the eyes of two of them and hit two others with my legs.

They didn't die, but they flew away.

After that, I bit one of the 'blind' centipedes and threw my web towards the ceiling. I narrowly missed being hit by the bite of one of the centipedes.

'How many have I killed? There must still be 20 of them, that's unbelievable.'

But I don't want to give up! I kept going down and attacking the centipedes. In three minutes, I managed to kill more than ten of them, and one of them was of a high level. Thanks to that, I was able to go up another level.

[ "Small Lesser Taratect LV7" became "Small Lesser Taratect LV8" ]

'I'm leveling up very slowly. I wanted to gain more experience.'

I regained my SP and also the little HP I had lost. However, my edits to my strength and agility are almost gone. I don't know if I'll be able to kill them all.

'But I have to try!'

I threw myself from the ceiling towards one of the centipedes. They were all staring at me, so I had no way of attacking them by surprise. Luckily for me, they can't climb up to the ceiling.

It would be much more difficult if they could climb the ceiling like me.

Vuosh!

But even if I can't surprise them, I can change my trajectory. However, I could have done better.

Even though I moved quickly and fooled the centipede's eyes, it still managed to attack.

It opened its fangs and almost hit me, but I threw my web into its eyes and then fell on it, piercing it with my fangs and killing it. As soon as I was off its body, I sighed and looked around.

All the centipedes were coming towards me.

'One, two, three, four... I think there's a total of 8 of them. I'd killed more than I thought.'

I decided to face them head-on while I still had time. I'm much faster and stronger. I can do it!

'Take that, and that.'

I started hitting the approaching centipedes with my legs like a boxer. Even though I didn't have claws, I was causing much damage because of my high strength.

I took advantage of the monsters being knocked out for a few seconds and attacked them with my poison. Their number was gradually decreasing. However, the time that my ability was active was also decreasing.

[ 1:20 ]

"Fast, but fast!" I smashed the head of one of them against the floor.

After killing one more, my level went up again.

[ "Small Lesser Taratect LV8" became "Small Lesser Taratect LV9" ]

I continued to kill without worrying about my SP. Their number was rapidly decreasing, and the next thing I knew, only one was left. And it was the highest-level centipede. It had been hiding until now.

It can be smarter. I don't know.

It stood over the bodies of its companions and stared at me.

[ 0:20 ]

'I've killed a lot of them in a minute, but I need to deal with the last one.'

With an impulse, I jumped towards the centipede. Seeming to understand its fate, it screeched and stood still as it received my attack. I threw it against the wall, and it screamed in pain.

Then I appeared on top of it, and my eyes stared at it. I could sense that it was afraid of me.

I gave it a big smile and injected my poison into its body.

[ "Small Lesser Taratect LV9" became "Small Lesser Taratect LV10" ]

[ Requirements Acquired ]

[ Small Lesser Taratect is able to evolve ]

'Oh my god, I can finally evolve! Thank God I found this nest... Oh, and my statuses are restored.'

Fortunately, I've leveled up. My SP was low.

'All right, let's follow Kumoko's evolution path!'

Chapter 7 - Evolution.
Kumoko's path of Evolution was simple, and I could remember it. As I imagined, I had two options to choose from. Lesser Taratect or Small Taratect, and Kumoko evolution was Small Taratect.

Of course, as I knew what would happen when I evolved, I left the room where all the bodies were and went to a slightly more secluded area. As my SP was restored, I could build the house.

I hid among my cosy webs and then made my choice.

[ "Small Lesser Taratect" is evolving into "Small Taratect" ]

As soon as I made my choice, I quickly lost consciousness. It was almost instantaneous, even a little strange.

And when I woke up sometime later.

[ Small Taratect confirmed ]

'All right, evolution is done.'

Small Taratect LV1

Nameless

Status
HP 30

MP 30
SP 30

Average Offense Ability: 20
Average Defense Ability: 20
Average Magic Ability: 15
Average Resistance Ability: 15
Average Speed Ability: 355

'My Status hasn't changed much... Because I've returned to level 1. But as I level up, I'll get much stronger.'

Grrr~~

My stomach was rumbling again, so I left my house and went to the room where the centipedes were to fill my stomach. I'd gotten used to the horrible taste of these monsters.

'Someone came here...' But to my surprise, many of the bodies had disappeared. I don't know if they decompose quickly, but I don't think so. I'm sure someone came through here.

But that doesn't matter.

Nom~~ Nom~~ Nom~~

I ate the monsters without caring what it tasted like.

'Ok, I'm full now.'

I left the room and went on with my adventure. I walked for some time, perhaps for almost two hours. On the way, I encountered some monsters that were no challenge to me.

After my Evolution, the editing effect lasts longer.

After evolving, the editing effect will now last 10 minutes.

'I thought increasing the skill level would increase the time, but it only increased after I evolved.' If the time keeps growing as I evolve, the edit will last practically forever.

But come to think of it, doesn't it already last forever?

There's no cooldown. The only thing that prevents me from keeping edits active is that my SP drops much faster when they're active. When I have a large number of SP, I'll be invincible.

'It excites me to keep leveling up and increasing my SP.'

Oh, that's right, I went up to level 3 in those two hours!

####

*Change of POV*

In a practically dead-end room, a spider cautiously arrived while scanning the interior. The spider had the ability called night vision. The spider could see everything.

There, the spider could see several bodies of giant centipedes stacked on each other.

'Wah! What the hell happened here? Was it the humans I saw before? Or was it some other monster?' the spider thought. The spider wasn't afraid but worried that the person or monster who had done all that was still around.

However, the spider couldn't hear anything or see anyone. The bodies had been abandoned.

'Will the person who killed all these monsters mind if I steal some food?' With its web, the spider smiled and then wrapped up some of the bodies to take with it. The spider began to drag them away.

As it left, the spider noticed remnants of spider web on the walls and the room's ceiling.

'A spider did that? It could be one of my brothers. Nai waaa~~'

The spider dragged the bodies away and stuck them to the wall. After doing so, it ate one of the bodies and then decided to rest for a while.

After resting, the spider returned to the same place the bodies had been; however, as soon as the spider arrived...

'All the bodies had been devoured!' Only the hard shell of the bodies remained! 'Who did this?' The spider finally started to get scared.

The spider had even forgotten that it could be a spider.

The spider thought this monster was much more dangerous than a spider!

'I'm going to get away from this place.' The monster that killed all those monsters and devoured them could appear at any moment.

With its eight legs, the spider fled desperately.

Chapter 8 - I'm going to destroy another nest!
That's it, I've finally found it! This is the place I've been looking for. This is the same place where Kumoko fell and went into the labyrinth's depths, where there are more powerful monsters.

There's also a bee's nest.

'Ah, I can already see three of them.'

Finjicote LV3

HP 201
MP 66
SP 148

Offense: 78
Defense: 75
Magic: 35
Resistance: 41
Speed: 74

'They're all level 3. My strength is enough to deal with them. I don't need to use my editing skills here.'

Besides, the nest isn't here.

They're coming! From what I remember, they have poison.

The three monsters chased me, and I quickly moved and used my web to create a trap. As they were dumb monsters, I managed to catch one of them.

One of them got stuck, and the other two just watched as I bit off their friend's head.

After that, I jumped towards them and fell on top of one of the Finjicote, knocking it to the ground. I bit it, and its friend took advantage to try to hurt me, but I avoided its attack.

The monster hit its friend in the stomach, and with my legs, I grabbed its head and twisted it.

After that, I picked up the bodies of the three and threw them into the hole to see how deep it was. Even with my night vision, I couldn't see the bottom. I don't even know if there are any monsters down there.

'It's pretty deep, but I can reach the bottom using my webs.'

But if I go down, climbing back up would be tricky.

I'll be unable to climb these walls because of my low SP. I'll probably get tired before I get up here.

'So if I go down, I won't be able to climb up... I'll take another route. But I need to remember the path Kumoko used.'

I'm sure I'll remember when the time comes.

'Up...' There's nothing. Is this a different place? I remember that Kumoko found and destroyed a nest here later in the story. There's no way she's already destroyed the nest!

In any case, it's an excellent place to reach the deepest part of the labyrinth.

Speaking of the labyrinth, I can already see the data that Kumoko saw with her "Appraisal" skill.

[ Great Elroe Labyrinth wall ]

[ The Great Elroe Labyrinth is the largest labyrinth in the world, connecting the continents of Daztrudia and Kasanagara ]

'Yes, that's better. I can also tell which are the two continents... But I'll worry about that when I leave this place.'

Now it's time to go down!

####

It was hard, as hard as I thought it would be. At first, I started to climb down the walls with my legs, but I couldn't get very far, and I started to lose strength in my legs. I confess that I'm getting scared of falling.

If I fall, I could really die.

So here's what I decided to do.

I used my web and started doing a bungee jump, throwing my web in the wall and letting my body fall, then repeating the same process repeatedly.

I confess it was a lot of fun.

Then, suddenly.

'Oh, crap!' As I was falling, I could see them. There were several of them, several monsters of the Finjicote race. They seem much more threatening now that they're in such a large group.

Just those three didn't scare me, but now I'm terrified!

How many of them are there? 20, 30, 40! I can't count. Oh, and I can see their nest. Damn, I couldn't see it before because of the depth, what the fuck!

[ Skill "Appraisal LV6" became "Appraisal LV7" ]

Ah, they're coming!

'I have to fall or go up again!' Desperately, I filled the wall with web and made a makeshift house. I made thick webbing to protect myself and opened my system to edit my status.

This time, I didn't increase my strength and agility. I decided to increase my resistance and speed! This time, I focused mainly on my resistance.

[ Average Resistance Ability: 19 ]

'Fuck it, set my resistance to 5,000! And set my speed to 2,000!' Even if my SP runs out, I must do it. At least, I must survive.

Ah, they're attacking.

The web in my house started getting attacked from everywhere. At least 10 Finjicotes were attacking with their stingers at the same time. I despaired that my web wouldn't protect me.

But now, with editing applied, everything is fine. My resistance (defense) is so high I won't be hurt.

'Let's go!' I climbed up the wall at high speed. The Finjicote couldn't even keep up with me. After climbing a bit and attracting the Finjicotes, I threw myself, yes, I threw myself. This time, I didn't even use my web.

I jumped straight into the nest.

My heart stopped as I passed the monsters and crashed into their nest. I clung to that spot and soon began to be attacked from all sides. But my high resistance soon proved its worth.

I was hit once, but I wasn't even hurt.

'This monster isn't an evolution, but it's level 5 and didn't even manage to hurt me. I should have some fun!'

Chapter 9 - Queen. Another evolution.
Raising my resistance to 5.000 was enough to make my defense impenetrable to weak monsters like these. That's incredible.

I have to be careful, though.

High Finjicote LV4

HP 226
MP 121
SP 220

Offense: 134
Defense: 84
Magic: 78
Resistance: 82
Speed: 178

'There are some High Finjicote and probably some more evolved races. Let's go in.'

There was a hole in the nest.

It was a beehive, and the queen was hidden inside. Of course, the queen wasn't alone. There were many Finjicotes inside the nest. There were monsters inside the nest, and the monsters outside started to come in.

I used my poison and my legs to blow their heads off. It is effortless when you don't take damage.

After a few seconds...

[ "Small Taratect LV3" became "Small Taratect LV4" ]

'My level is up!' My SP was restored. And, of course, I took advantage of the large amount of bodies of those I killed to block the path. The nest was narrow, so using the bodies is a good move.

However, more and more enemies appeared.

Then, I came across one of the generals.

General Finjicote LV2

HP 365
MP 287
SP 353

Offense: 187
Defense: 145
Magic: 142
Resistance: 150
Speed: 213

Fortunately, it was a low-level general. I'm getting closer to the queen.

'I'll remove the edits in my speed and edit my strength. Let's raise the strength to 2,000.'

After doing that, everything became easier. I didn't even need to use my poison. With just my "fists," I could kill all the monsters. Their HP wasn't high, and their defense couldn't withstand my attacks.

Punch!

Punch!

Punch!

Every punch I threw with one of my legs was a kill.

[ "Small Taratect LV4" became "Small Taratect LV5" ]

[ "Small Taratect LV5" became "Small Taratect LV6" ]

[ "Small Taratect LV6 became "Small Taratect LV7" ]

[ "Small Taratect LV7 became "Small Taratect LV8" ]

'That's what I call exp farm! Where are you, queen?!'

####

Finding the queen after killing some of the generals wasn't difficult. The queen was hiding from me. The queen is scared. 'Haaa~~ There are still a lot of monsters here.'

'They keep getting in my way!' But even though I found the queen, it's hard to attack it when so many monsters are in my way. I continued to kill them, but the number of monsters didn't decrease.

The number of generals also grew, and they set up an extensive line of defense so that I couldn't get close to the queen.

But since my defense was very high because of the editing I'd done, I decided to dive towards them and just hit them with all my strength.

And that's how I easily broke through the generals' line of defense.

[ "Small Taratect LV8" became "Small Taratect LV9" ]

I used my legs to punch them towards the queen. However, the queen managed to protect herself from the bodies of her subordinates and remained intact. The generals' bodies broke in half because of my attacks.

So, the queen decided to make the easy choice. She realized she couldn't face me, so she ran away.

Of course, I won't let that happen.

I threw my web towards the queen and grabbed her, then I pulled with all my strength, and she couldn't resist. Seeing that she was going to be killed, the queen tried to attack me, but to no avail.

Her sting couldn't hurt me. I then bit her and injected my poison.

The queen held on longer than the other monsters but soon died.

'Ah, but I didn't level up. However, my skill has gone up a level.'

[ The skill "Poison Fang LV8" became "Poison Fang LV9" ]

[ Requirements complete ]

[ The title "Poison Master" has been received. ]
[ Skill "Poison Synthesis LV1" and "Poison Magic LV1" have been acquired. ]

'Ohhh! New skills! Besides, it won't be long before the "Poison Fang" skill reaches the maximum level!'

I smiled with satisfaction and noticed that the surrounding monsters had finally panicked. With the queen's death, they no longer had anyone to follow and didn't know what to do. I had to take advantage and gain more experience.

However, now the Finjicotes were spreading out across the big hole, it would take a lot of work to hunt them.

It took a long time, but after throwing myself over the walls, trapping some of them with my webs and a lot of quick punches, I managed to kill them all. And then, I got the notification I'd been waiting for.

[ "Small Taratect LV9" became "Small Taratect LV10" ]

[ Able to evolve ]

'YEEEESSSS!!!'

####

I had to get near the bottom and make my new home. And that's what I did. After eating a bit, I continued to use my web to go down little by little.

And then I got close to the bottom.

At the bottom, there was nothing but rocky ground; the dragon wasn't there. It must be hiding somewhere.

'All right, let's make a small house. I don't need to exaggerate. All right, just like that.' I quickly built my home, creating a layer of thick webbing to protect me from any enemies that might come near.

It wouldn't protect me from the dragon, but I doubt the Araba dragon will attack me.

'Right, now I can choose the path of evolution.'

[ Taratect ]

[ Small Poison Taratect ]

'Yes, that's it. I probably unlocked this path of evolution because I've upped my poison skill a lot.'

I used it a lot.

'I wonder if I would release this path of evolution if I didn't keep using my poison. I don't think so.'

Right, the time has come!

'I choose Small Poison Taratect!'

Chapter 10 - Kagna and Gehre.
Once again, I had the unpleasant experience of having my consciousness switched off so that my evolution could take place.

And after waking up, I felt great. Even better than before.

'Oh, I've shrunk in size. Well, my race is now Small Poison Taratect, so... But that's not important now. What's important is the new abilities.'

My Status is extensive now.

Small Poison Taratect LV1

Skill Points: 1,400

Nameless

HP 56
MP 56
SP 56
56/56

Average Offense Ability: 38
Average Defense Ability: 38
Average Magic Ability: 27
Average Resistance Ability: 27
Average Speed Ability: 537

Attack Skills

[ Poison Attack LV1 (New!) ] [ Poison Fang LV9 ]

Active Skills

[ Editing LV2 ] [ Poison Synthesis LV1 ] [ Thread Manipulation LV7 ] [ Cutting Thread LV1(New!) ]

Perception Skills

[ Mana Perception LV2 ] [ Appraisal LV7 ]

Magic Skills

[ Poison Magic LV1 ]

Resistance Skills

[ Poison Resistance LV7 ] [ Pain Resistance LV4 ] [ Paralysis Resistance LV1(New!) ] [ Petrification Resistance LV1(New!) ] [ Acid Resistance LV5 ] [ Rot Resistance LV1(New!) ] [ Faint Resistance LV1(New!) ]

Passive Skills

[ Night Vision LV9 ]

'How convenient, the system is even showing off the new skills. I've gained some resistance skills and the [ Poison Attack ] skill. There's also the [ Cutting Thread ] skill that might help me out.'

I was hoping to gain a few more attack skills, but that didn't happen. It's a shame...

'All right, now let's open the store and spend those 1,400 points. That's a lot of points. I'll finally be able to buy a skill that help me with my SP.'

So, after some searching, I found two interesting skills.

[ HP Auto-Recovery LV1 ] and [ SP Recovery Speed LV1 ].

'These two skills will help me a lot. I don't have any ability to recover my HP when I'm injured, and my SP doesn't recover quickly unless I rest.'

These two skills are necessary!

'I'll buy them both. I don't remember the prices in the original story, but aren't they a bit inflated? 500 points per skill. But at least now I have both skills.'

With the 400 remaining points, I couldn't buy the skill to control mana, so I decided to save the points for later. And now that my evolution is complete, it's time to go after the dragon.

'Oh, it's true!'

The duration of the effect of the editing skill has doubled again! It was 5 minutes when I was just born, when I became a Small Taratect it became 10 minutes, and now editing lasts 20 minutes!

That's insane!

'Wait for me, dragon Araba!'

I destroyed my house using my new ability to cut and then descended to the bottom of the hole. My hunt for the Alba dragon will begin.

####

As soon as I reached the bottom, I started to feel a little nervous. I began to feel a chill all over my body, a sign that something dangerous could happen at any moment.

Boom~~

Boom~~

'What the fuck?' So I ran away and hid behind some rocks. 'Are those footsteps? Are you kidding? They're like explosions!' Then, the one who was producing these thundering footsteps appeared.

'It's not the Araba dragon. It's them, the two land dragons who only walk together. I've forgotten their names!' I want to use my appraisal skill on them to see their names, but I'm too nervous to do so.

I leaned against the rocks and stood still without making a sound.

'Should I use the editing skill and kill them?'

[ The skill "Fear Resistance LV1" was learned ]

'What? Am I that scared?' No, I'm not that scared.

I took a breath and looked at the two dragons. They were really big, huge. If they wanted to, they could step on me and kill me easily. There was no way I couldn't be scared.

'If I'm scared of them, imagine when I meet Araba? I have to have confidence in my editing skill.'

Average Offense Ability: 38

Average Speed Ability: 537

'I'm going to make two edits. I'm going to set my Offense Ability to 10,000 and my Speed Ability to 10,000. Yes, I want to push the limits.'

[ Edits applied successfully! ]

Let's see.

Earth Dragon LV26

Kagna

Skill Points: 31,200

Stats
HP 4,198
MP 3,654
SP 2,798

Offense: 3,989
Defense: 4,333
Magic: 1,837
Resistance: 4,005
Speed: 1,225

'Wah, that's insane. I'm faster and have more strength, but there are two of them! And they're both powerful!'

Earth Dragon LV24

Gehre

Skill Points: 31,000

Stats
HP 3,556
MP 2,991
SP 4,067

Offense: 3,433
Defense: 3,874
Magic: 1,343
Resistance: 3,396
Speed: 4,122

'All right, I have to calm down. My strength and agility are high; I can do this. Ah, but they're terrifying. They're very threatening! I can understand why Kumoko was afraid of these monsters.'

If I, who can edit my Status, am so scared, imagine her, who was still weak when she first encountered these dragons.

'Let's see, let's come up with a plan. I have to fight with one at a time. Facing them both at once will be difficult, mainly because of Gehre's speed.'

My speed is 10,000. Do I really need to fight with one at a time? It's possible that they won't even be able to keep up with my movements.

[ The skill "Fear Resistance LV1" became "Fear Resistance LV2" ]

'Well... I'm still scared. Hm? They look like they're getting ready to rest.'

The dragons lay down on the ground together. Oh, and Kagna is in front of her companion. As far as I remember, he's the tank.

If I'm correct, their battle strategy is...

Kagna attacks and draws attention to himself, and Gehre takes the opportunity to attack the enemy in the back or flanks.

'So, I think I should kill Gehre first. Gehre is more of a problem because of his speed and ability called [ Dimensional Maneuvering ].'

But since they're going to rest now, I should wait for them to sleep, shouldn't I?

[ The skill "Fear Resistance LV2" became "Fear Resistance LV3" ]

Last edited:
I feel like your MC is playing a stupid and finna win an equally stupid prize. Why won't go after enemies that won't fuck his/her EXP gaining rate? Like, wouldn't it be better for them to go after enemies in their weight class so they can maximize their exp gain later on in the game?

Last edited:
Chapter 11 - My body couldn't take it.
I waited for a long time. Fortunately, there were no Finjicote to attack me and reveal my location since I had killed them all.

There were no other monsters around either. It's probably because of the dragons since they're too strong and scare the other monsters away.

'I've waited so long that the editing effect has already been deactivated.' I was terrified, but now my resistance to fear has gone up a level, and I feel calmer. Let's edit again so I can make my attack.

Speaking of which, I noticed something curious.

'My other active skills use my SP, but my editing skill doesn't use SP or MP.' It's strange. It's as if this skill isn't part of this world and, therefore, doesn't use any of this world's energy.

I wanted to know how all this happened. How did I come to this world with a skill that shouldn't exist?

'It wasn't the administrator who brought me to this place. I'm an anomaly here.' I sighed and then made the necessary edits. I again set my strength and speed to 10,000 to attack those dragons.

They had their eyes closed and were sleeping soundly.

'All right. I'll attack Gehre directly into his head. The head is the most sensitive part of every living being, right?'

I can be wrong.

'All right.' I walked slowly and out from behind the rocks. I approached the dragons to make sure they were asleep. These guys' senses are good, so they'll react if they're not sleeping.

And... they're sleeping.

'...' I stared at the dragons for a few seconds and then took another deep breath. After that, I finally decided to attack. I used all the strength in my eight legs to fly towards them.

Yes, I didn't run. I flew.

I flew at high speed as if I were Goku using KI to fly. I flew straight to Gehre's head. I couldn't stop now.

However, I had forgotten an important detail. Gehre has extremely powerful perception skills. He could detect my presence and also the danger.

'Ah.' Because of his stolen abilities, when I noticed, Gehre already had his eyes on me and opened his mouth to attack me.

'Damn it!' Desperate, I threw a massive amount of my web towards his mouth. I threw my web over Gehre's face, causing him to start choking. And that's when things got complicated.

With his dimensional ability, Gehre disappeared, and then I realized that things wouldn't be so easy.

HP 41/56

'I've lost HP!' Just "landing" on Gehre's head was enough to take away a lot of my HP. I wasn't even hit by him!

'Fuck it' So I decided to attack him directly in the head again, using all my strength.

Gehre, who had already removed my webs from his face, noticed the danger of my attack and tried to avoid it. However, even though he is fast, my speed is even greater.

I used all my strength in my front legs to hit his head.

Ploft~~

However, the two legs I used to punch him exploded into pieces. Because of my resistance to pain, I didn't feel much pain. Even so, despair struck me.

'Damn it, damn it, damn it.' I was still on top of Gehre's head, who was dazed by my attack. I thought about attacking him again, but I realized that my body wouldn't be able to take it.

HP 11/56

Besides, Kagna had woken up and was preparing for battle.

'I have to run. I won't be able to kill these guys.'

And that's what I did.

I put all my strength into my hind legs and threw myself towards the ceiling. I passed Kagna, who was still trying to understand what was happening, threw my web onto the roof, and held on.

Then, I quickly ran along the stone walls without looking back.

It was hard, though, as I was missing two legs.

'Damn, I hadn't thought of that! Even though I have a lot of strength, my defense is garbage! My own body couldn't handle my strength!'

That's why I should change my endurance and strength, not speed and strength!

'Wait a minute, I'll be right back!'

It was a failure. I only managed to take out half of Gehre's HP with my attack because my legs couldn't take it. If I'd had a good defense, my legs probably wouldn't have exploded, and Gehre's wound would have been fatal.

I would have blown his head off just like I did with the Finjicotes!

'What the hell~~' Still in pain, I hid among several rocks, used my web to protect myself, and stayed there. The two dragons probably don't know where I am. I can rest in peace.

It's a pity that by the time I go to fight them again, Gehre will probably have fully recovered.

'I confess, seeing Gehre in despair with my webs all over his face was funny.'

####

My HP was recovering slowly. I had already recovered some of it. My SP, which had also dropped a lot due to the use of edit skill was also recovering.

Although I don't use SP or MP to activate the skill, just because my body is pushed to the limit is enough to make my SP drop rapidly with any move I make.

Especially in the previous fight when I changed my strength and agility to 10,000.

'Hmm, although my HP is recovering, my legs haven't regenerated. I need to level up.'

But I don't know how to do that. Here, where I am, there aren't any monsters. Also, the dragons are nearby.

'I should just run past them and look for other monsters.'

BOOM~~

BOOM~~

'Oh, you're kidding me.' The stones around me began to sway. Heavy footsteps were coming towards me.

Chapter 12 - Gehre is very angry.
Even though I heard the footsteps getting closer and closer to me, I stayed still. I shouldn't draw attention. 'If these guys find me, I'm fucked. My HP is still low. What's more, I'm still without my two front legs.'

The only thing I can do if they find me is run.

'No, I shouldn't run.'

Grrrr~~

Then, my stomach rumbled. It's a terrible time to be hungry, mainly because my stomach starts to hurt.

I could hear the sound of the two dragons breathing.

And then...

'I have to get out of here.' Even though I didn't have the skill to detect danger, I felt like I had to leave this place as quickly as possible. And that's what I did. I used my ability to cut my webs and jumped away.

I jumped as far as I could.

Then, Kagna's dragon breath hit the same place I was before. The ground and walls shook from the impact of his attack. The breath had done a lot of damage to the labyrinth wall.

Then, I felt a chill run through my whole body.

'Damn!' Gehre, who had seen me flee, "teleported" behind me. I narrowly escaped his attack, but he still hit two of my legs.

I lost two more legs. Now, I only had one leg on the right side of my body. I couldn't run properly anymore.

HP 13/56

'Damn it, damn it. Edit my defense to 20,000! Right now!' I shouted in my mind, and the edit was applied in the nick of time.

Gehre managed to bite me, but his fangs couldn't pierce my skin, and I took the opportune moment to bite him and inject my poison into his body.

When I did, Gehre roared in pain.

He had no poison resistance, so my poison took effect quickly. However, it wasn't enough to stop him. I tried to swing on my web to escape since I couldn't run properly, but it didn't work.

I'm too slow. Using my web to swing was not a functional way to escape from a dragon with over 4,000 speed.

Gehre began to unleash various attacks, mainly using his paws. He started throwing me against the walls and floor of the labyrinth, but I wasn't being hurt.

Gehre was doing it with such force that the walls and floor were cracking, but I wasn't taking any damage.

'But this can't go on forever.'

Gehre moved away from me using his dimensional ability, and Kagna decided to attack. Believing that I only had a defense against physical attacks, Kagna used his breath.

I can't dodge this attack.

I tried to run using my remaining legs, and I also tried to use my web, but I'm not fast enough. Controlling this body with only four legs, three on one side and one on the other, is challenging.

'I'll be hit directly.'

I could see Kagna's breath coming toward me, and my whole life flashed through my eyes. My life as a human and also my short life as a spider. I felt that this was going to be a fatal attack.

Then I was hit.

My vision became blank. It was as if I was looking directly at the sun. But incredibly... I don't feel any pain, even though the attack hit me directly, I don't feel any pain.

'What's that?' Then, the attack stopped

Kagna, who had hit me directly with the breath, stood there staring at me in disbelief. There I was, sitting on the ground, without a single wound(caused by the breath) on my body.

'What? I didn't die? My defense is that high? 20,000 is too much?!'

But this isn't the time to think about that.

'System, edit my offense ability to 20,000 too!' With my strength now at 20,000 and the certainty that I wouldn't be hurt, I finally put my fear aside and decided to face the two dragons head-on.

However, I noticed that they became more cautious.

Even though I was all wounded, without four legs and with my HP below 20, they were being cautious.

'I think Gehre could sense that I've gotten stronger.' Gehre was the most cautious among them. He continued to stare at me, not knowing what he should do. Gehre then looked at Kagna, and they both decided to attack.

Kagna, who wasn't fast, ran towards me. I threw my web on the ceiling and climbed up. Kagna tried to bite me, but I did a somersault in the air and fell right on top of his head. And then, with my remaining legs, I hit him.

I used all my strength.

My defense is very high now, so I don't have to worry about my legs being blown to bits after attacking him.

[ "Small Poison Taratect LV1" became "Small Poison Taratect LV2" ]

[ "Small Poison Taratect LV2" became "Small Poison Taratect LV3" ]

[ "Small Poison Taratect LV3" became "Small Poison Taratect LV4" ]

[ "Small Poison Taratect LV4" became "Small Poison Taratect LV5" ]

Kagna's head was blown.

'Ohhh! That's a lot of experience.

I felt that something was going to happen, so I decided to run away. After I got out of Kagna's body, Gehre appeared where I was before. He looked at the body of his dead friend and then looked at me.

I could feel his thirst for blood, but I wasn't afraid.

I stood up using my hind legs and started punching the air as if calling him to fight.

It was enough to make Gehre roar and instantly appear before me to use all his hatred.

'Damn, I forgot he's so much faster than me!' Again, I was hit by Gehre. From then on, it was a one-sided massacre. While I tried to defend myself, Gehre kept hitting me and throwing me against the walls of the labyrinth.

Even though I felt no pain, it wasn't a pleasant sensation.

'I think I've made him too angry.'

Chapter 13 - New battle strategy.
I kept being thrown against the wall and floor without knowing what to do. I tried to attack Gehre, but he could avoid my attacks easily because of his speed. He's toying with me!

'Damn, I need to increase my speed! System, take out the edit I put on my strength and put it on speed.'

[ Edit applied! ]

'Great!' My speed has increased to 20,000.

Vuosh~~

I disappeared from Gehre's sight and appeared on top of his head. He couldn't react, and I bit his neck, injecting my poison into his body again.

So, I thought of a strategy.

What if I made an edit at the right moment?

Gehre hit me after I bit him, and again, I disappeared and appeared right above him. Gehre is frightened by my speed. It's so fun to watch.

'Now!'

I have less than two seconds to do it.

I asked the system to remove the edit I made to my speed and edit my strength again. As I'm already on top of Gehre, I'm sure he won't be able to avoid my attack.

[ Edit applied! ]

The editing was done faster than I expected—less than a second.

But it still wasn't enough.

With my speed back up to 400, my attack was slow, giving Gehre time to react. Fortunately, my attack still hit him.

My legs passed through his skin like blades, even though I had no claws. My defense, which makes my legs as hard as metal, made this possible.

Gehre's skin was cut, and he screamed in pain. His HP had dropped.

HP 2.745/3.556

'But there's still a lot of HP left. I don't know if I'll make it...'

Even though my SP had recovered after I leveled up, it started dropping quickly. I was already beginning to feel very tired.

'Damn, here he comes again!' Gehre teleported close to me, and I edited my speed again. Then I started to run, luring Gehre into a slightly more enclosed area.

I ran until I found a room. Gehre, who had come to attack me, was surprised by a powerful attack that hit him directly. I had edited my strength again at just the right moment.

Gehre was thrown against the wall, and I changed the edit again. My speed is now high. I began to run at high speed and wrapped Gehre's entire body with my spider web.

As he was dizzy and couldn't react, his body turned into a cocoon.

'He won't be able to move, right?"

[ "Thread Manipulation LV7" became "Thread Manipulation LV8" ]

As I imagined, Gehre had practically given up fighting. Only his head was sticking out, and I could see he was discouraged from continuing the fight. Maybe because of his friend? Even monsters like these have feelings...

'Sorry...' I approached, edited my strength and hit his head just like I did with Kagna, and when I did, I leveled up again.

[ "Small Poison Taratect LV5" became "Small Poison Taratect LV6" ]

[ "Small Poison Taratect LV6" became "Small Poison Taratect LV7" ]

'I thought I'd get to level 10 at least...' I sighed, picked up Gehre's body, and dragged it to the same place as Kagna's. Fortunately, with my strength at 20,000, it wasn't difficult.

That was quite a fun battle.

I didn't think I could change the edits in the middle of the fight. I'll continue to do that in the future.

[ "Mana Perception LV3" became "Mana Perception LV4" ]

'Why?!!'

####

With Gehre now dead, I wanted to look at the skills that had gone up in level. Honestly, there were too many. All my resistance skills went up a level, and my [ Poison Attack ] skill went up a level.

The only skill that didn't go up a level was the skill that synthesizes poison.

'Right, right, now it's time to eat.' With Kagna and Gehre's bodies stored and wrapped in my web, I began to devour Kagna's body. And it tasted a little better.

Not much better than the taste of the other monsters, but at least it's a taste that doesn't make me want to vomit.

I quickly finished eating half of Kagna's body. Only her bones remained.

'Haaaa~~ I'm satisfied. Now, what do I do? I need to level up quickly to make my next evolution, but it will take work.'

Even though I killed two dragons, my level didn't go up much, which is surprising.

'Huh? I think I heard something.' And then, while I was resting to digest some of the food I'd just eaten, I listened to some strange sounds. They were sounds that seemed to come straight from the depths of hell.

I wasn't in a large area but a room with only one exit, so there was no way for the person making these sounds to hide from me.

Everywhere I looked, I could only see rocks and also dark places... Dark places.

'Wait, what the fuck is that?' Of the darkness, a strange humanoid monster poked its head out. 'What is that? Is it a monkey?' Its empty eyes were looking straight at me.

I was paralyzed for a few seconds and instinctively edited my status. I put 10,000 on defense and 10,000 on strength.

As I did so, the strange monster in the darkness gave a strange scream and began to run away. Seeing this, I decided not to chase it, as it would be a headache.

But after the monster ran off, a few others started to appear.

Chapter 14 - Army of monkeys.
I was terrified when I saw two strange monsters appear before me. They're fish, fish with legs! These monsters are the most bizarre I've seen so far. I don't want to fight these things.

Elroe Daznatch LV1

HP 750
MP 300
SP 711
704/711

Offense: 693
Defense: 668
Magic: 277
Resistance: 271
Speed: 633

Skills

Poison Attack LV5 - Poison Synthesis LV5 - Throw LV7 - Night Vision LV8 - Poison Resistance LV5

'One of them is at level one. Ah, interesting, now I can see its abilities. Poison resistance...'

I should kill these monsters. It won't give me much experience, but it's okay.

'They don't have a high defense, so I don't need to increase my strength so much.'

I raised my strength and agility to 1000 and then attacked.

I ran towards the two and attacked them with my legs, just like I did with the Finjicotes. Unfortunately, they didn't die with one hit. They are stronger than the Finjicotes.

'Also, they can throw poison.' They started spitting poison at me, but I easily avoided all their attacks and brought their HP down to zero in a few seconds. Once they were dead, I picked up their bodies and hid them.

However, the sounds of my battle began to attract other monsters.

'No, wait, it's the same monster as before.' The monkey, who was much taller than me, stood at the entrance to the room. It stood staring at me with its empty eyes. I felt a chill run through my whole body.

And then I began to hear various sounds. Lots of them. They were all the cries of monkeys.

'Damn, you're kidding me.'

Right before me, an army of monkeys was ready to attack me. The big problem is that I'm inside a small room, and there's only one way out. The exit is where they are.

'System, edit my strength and defense to 10,000.' The only thing I can do now is kill these guys.

####

Seriously, it wasn't easy at all. Everywhere I looked, rocks were being thrown in my direction. What's more, the monkeys who managed to get close were grabbing every part of my body and trying to rip me apart.

They can't do that because of my defense, but it is very uncomfortable.

Fortunately, as I had a lot of strength, I quickly managed to get free and then killed them with a sharp attack on their heads. I ended up becoming addicted to it.

I am now addicted to blowing heads off with my legs. It is an effortless task when you have a lot of strength.

'Hahaha, it's a lot of fun.'

I started dancing around the room while using all eight legs to blow the heads off my enemies. The bodies of the great apes began to fill the room. There was hardly any space left.

I gained XP because of this and reached level 9.

'It's a shame that their numbers have decreased so much.'

But now that the number of these weaker monsters has decreased, some evolutions of them have started to appear.

Bagragratch LV6

Skill Points: 1,100

HP 860
MP 200
SP 788
564/788

Offense: 689
Defense: 611
Magic: 113
Resistance: 156
Speed: 698

Skills

Throw LV6 - Hit LV6 - Space Maneuvering LV6 - Cooperation LV6 - Overeating LV1 - Rest LV1

'Wow, it's strong. Besides, it has the same ability as Gehre.' The monkey, who was even bigger than the others, appeared behind me. However, I had already realized its intention.

I released a large amount of webbing out of my ass and obstructed its view. After that, I launched my poison attack towards its face.

Its large mouth full of sharp teeth was covered in web and poison, and the monster began to die.

'It's convenient that it has no resistance to poison.' Before it could recover, I hit it, and its head was turned into small pieces that littered the labyrinth's walls.

After that, a one-sided massacre began.

Even though one after another kept dying, the monkeys wouldn't give up.

And that's how I managed to level up again and secure my next evolution.

'Thanks, monkeys!'

####

After my massacre was over, I ate some more of Kagna's body and then left the room. The smell of blood was unpleasant, and there was hardly any room. 'The room is full of bodies! I can't live here anymore.'

Besides, the smell can attract other monsters, and I need to go to a place where no monster will find me to make my evolution. Speaking of which, something strange has happened, and a new evolution path has appaered.

Yes, I got the evolution paths that Kumoko got.

[ Poison Taractect ] [ Zoa Ele ]

'But the amazing thing is that I received a new evolution path for some reason.'

[ Urednik pajka ]

'????' I don't know what it is, it's a language I've never seen before. It's strange.

However, the description of the evolution showed me what this race is.

[ A spider that specializes in editing ]

'Yes, it's an evolution that has to do with my edit ability. But... it doesn't show anything other than that. What should I do now?'

Honestly, I don't know what to do. If I choose this path of evolution, I wonder if I'll be able to become "human" in the future.

'Wait, it's true. System, can you show me the evolution tree?'

And it appeared.

'Ah, damn...' There's a bug going on. This new path of evolution was floating outside the original evolution tree. And this new path has a LOT of evolutions.

I'll have more evolutions than Kumoko if I follow this path.

'But I don't know if I'll get a "human" body if I follow this path... I don't know what to do.'

Chapter 15 - New strange evolution.
I went to a safe place and hid in my web to see the new evolution path again. As I said, the system was bugged, and new evolution paths have appeared.

A screen showed the evolution tree, but the new path was outside this screen. In other words, it shouldn't exist, and neither should I. 'Seriously, this is a mess.'

I'm surprised D hasn't sent anyone here or done anything. She's the administrator and must have noticed me by now. There's no way she doesn't know that I'm here.

Or maybe she knows I'm here, but she thinks I'm just an ordinary monster?

No, that's impossible.

An ordinary spider wouldn't be able to kill two dragons without difficulty. I'm sure D will act at any moment. And before that, I have to evolve again and get stronger.

'If I follow Kumoko's path of evolution and evolve into Zoa Ele, I'll be strong... But will that be enough? I need more than this.'

And the system is delivering.

[ Urednik pajka ]

A new evolution. There's not even a "preview" of what I will become, like a shadow or something. It's just a question mark. 'But if the system is giving me this, I should do this evolution.'

This evolution has to do with my editing skills. I'd be an idiot not to choose this path.

'Right, I want to evolve into... this strange race!' I didn't know how to say the name. And after I chose the new evolution, I didn't lose consciousness. Yes, I stayed awake.

I could feel all the changes happening in my body.

My size increased, I could see the color of my skin changing to a dark red(almost black), sharp claws appeared on all my legs, and a small red crystal appeared on my forehead.

All this took no more than a minute. It was a rapid evolution. But that left me so amazed that it seemed to take longer.

[ Urednik pajka ]

[ Phase 1 detected ]

'Huh? Phase 1? What's that?'

I opened the system to look at my new Status. And to my surprise...

Urednik pajka LV1 (Phase 1)

Skill Points: 1,300

Nameless

HP 200
MP 200
SP 200
200/200

Average Offense Ability: 500
Average Defense Ability: 200
Average Magic Ability : 0
Average Resistance Ability: 200
Average Speed Ability: 2000

Stat & Ability Skills

[ HP Auto-Recovery LV5 ] [ SP Recovery Speed LV5 ]

Attack Skills

[ Poison Attack LV5 ] [ Poison Fang LV9 ]

Active Skills

[ Editing LV2 ] [ Poison Synthesis LV1 ] [ Thread Manipulation LV8 ] [ Cutting Thread LV2 ]

Perception Skills

[ Mana Perception LV3 ] [ Appraisal LV7 ]

Magic Skills

[ Poison Magic LV1 ]

Resistance Skills

[ Poison Resistance LV8 ] [ Pain Resistance LV5 ] [ Paralysis Resistance LV2 ] [ Petrification Resistance LV2 [ Acid Resistance LV6 ] [ Rot Resistance LV2 ] [ Faint Resistance LV2(New!) ] [ Fear Resistance LV4 ]

Passive Skills

[ Edit+ LV1 (New!) ] [ Night Vision LV9 ]

'What does phase 1 mean? There's no explanation about it. The only thing I can see is... that I need to level up to level 20 to reach phase 2.'

But honestly, I thought my new race would change everything. It's changed practically nothing. My HP and SP recovery skills have leveled up, and so have my basic stats... But...

My editing skill, which was supposed to increase in level... didn't. It's still at level two. However, even though my [ Editing ] skill hasn't increased in level, a new skill related to my "class" has appeared.

[ Edit+ NV1 ]

[ Edit effect will last 30% longer ]

'It's wonderful! The longer the edit duration lasts, the better!'

Before my first evolution, it was 5 minutes, then 10, then 20, and now 40 minutes. 'But the edit duration is now 52 minutes because of the 30% bonus, so that's great.'

Now that my evolution is complete, should I have some fun? I'll farm some EXP while I wait for D. I'm sure she will appear soon.

If she doesn't hurry, I'll end up killing my mother and the demon lord! Hehehe.

'No, I wouldn't do this crazy thing.'

I destroyed my house and started running using my new body. Yes, it was much better. My body is lighter, and my speed is very high.

Even without the editing skill, I won't have any problems killing the monsters around here.

And as I imagined, it was very easy.

A few Greshigard appeared, and I quickly killed them using my new claws that had been created on the tips of all my legs. I cut off their paws as if they were made of butter and then ripped off their heads.

I also encountered a group of three Randanels, but I quickly killed them, making quick movements and cutting off their heads.

And so I continued, killing and killing more monsters until an area of several square meters was clear, with no monsters at all.

And I realized something.

'I didn't level up once, even after killing several monsters.'

I chose a problematic evolution.

Last edited:
Chapter 16 - Editing skills?
'Damn, I haven't leveled up once. What's more, my hunger has disappeared. I don't need to eat. It can be an effect of my new race.'

But about my appearance... Just because my skin is that color and the red crystal on my forehead glows menacingly is enough to make weaker monsters run.

But since I'm faster, it's easy to kill them.

'Since I killed the dragons, I haven't encountered strong monsters to challenge me. I haven't used my editing skills in a while...'

Speaking of which, I still need to do some tests.

I'm an idiot. Even if the skill level hasn't gone up, the fact that I've switched to a race-related to my editing skills might have made my skill evolve.

'I should look.'

[ Editing LV2 ]

[ Make simple edits to your Status and Skills ]

[ Edited skills 0/1 ]

'Wait! Something new has appeared! System, explain it to me.'

[ Edited skills is the number of skills you have edited using your skill. ]

'Can I now edit my skills? The limit is one skill, right?'

The system didn't answer me, but it was obvious.

'Okay, that's interesting. I can edit one skill... But which one do I edit? I know, the HP recovery skill.'

[ HP Auto-Recovery LV5 ]

'Can I place this skill directly at level 10?'

[ Do you want to set the "HP Auto-Recovery" skill to level 10? ]

'Yes, do it!'

[ Edit applied ]

[ The skill "HP Rapid Recovery" has been learned ]

'Wait a second!!!!!! If I put any skill at level 10, I can unlock the next tier without effort. That's stealing, that's cheating! This system shouldn't exist.'

[ Edited Skills 1/1 ]

'But now I can't edit another skill. But what if I do this...'

I removed the edit I made at the [ HP Auto-Recovery LV5 ] skill and then looked at my Status to see if the skill "HP Rapid Recovery" was still there... and... IT'S STILL THERE! Yes, I have both skills at the same time.

That shouldn't be possible.

[ The "HP Auto-Recovery" skill has been removed ]

What? I was celebrating... But it doesn't make any difference since I have the better version of this skill in my arsenal. Yes, that's incredible. I'm going to have a good time getting some skills.

Now it's time to get my skill [ SP Recovery Speed LV5 ] to level 10!

However, to my surprise.

[ You can't do that now. ]

[ 23:57:22 ]

'24 hours... Are you kidding me? Fuck.'

I stopped to rest again. I started thinking again about what that thing in front of my level meant.

'Phase 1...'

####

*Change of POV*

'Damn, what is that, what is that?! Why are there so many of them?' A small spider screamed as it desperately ran from several centipedes chasing it. 'Why so many of these monsters are here?'

The little spider was confused. It had seen many dead centipedes a while ago, so the spider didn't think there would be so many of these monsters there. It was impossible to fight that many monsters.

The spider kept running, running for a long time.

SP 25/38

'Damn, my SP is dropping!!!' The spider screamed in its mind.

'Waaaaaa!' And then, the floor suddenly disappeared. In front of the spider, a huge hole swallowed it up. The spider was falling to its death and needed to do something.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~

As the spider screamed, it threw its web, which stuck to the wall. The spider became a pendulum and was thrown against the wall with force, causing it to suffer some damage, but nothing serious.

'Haaaa~~ I'm safe. No, I'm not! I can't even see the bottom! Besides, what the fuck is that?!' The spider could see the Finjicotes' nest in the distance, which had been destroyed some time ago.

Inside the nest, there were several bodies.

'There's webs everywhere! Is it that monster?' The little spider's body began to tremble. That monster was dangerous, very dangerous. 'Maybe it's as dangerous as my mother... Or maybe it's my mother.'

Frightened, the spider began to use its web to reach the bottom.

And after a while.

'Tadaaa~~ I landed perfectly~~' The spider smiled. However, its smile soon disappeared. 'What the fuck happened here?! The spider screamed in its mind, frightened.

There were several bodies of Finjicotes all over the ground. A massacre had taken place here.

'Urgghh, all their heads have been blown.' A cruel monster had done it, a beast that the little spider didn't want to meet any time soon. 'I need to get out of here as quickly as possible.'

The spider felt it was unwittingly getting closer and closer to meeting this dangerous monster.

And being only level 3, the spider knew it would be killed easily.

'But the monsters here are all dead. There's no way I can level up.'

[ "Appraisal LV6" became "Appraisal LV7" ]

'Appraisal-san!!!'

####

*Change of POV*

[ "Urednik pajka LV1" became "Urednik pajka LV2" ]

'I've finally leveled up? Honestly, I'm tired! I don't know how many monsters I killed, but I killed a lot! Why is it taking so long to level up?'

I knew I shouldn't have chosen this path of evolution.

If I'd followed Kumoko's path of evolution, I'd probably be almost level 10 by now. It annoys me.

'But let's see... My Status has gone up a lot just by going up a level...'

Urednik pajka LV2 (Phase 1)

Skill Points: 1,400

Nameless

HP 250
MP 250
SP 250
250/250

Average Offense Ability: 550
Average Defense Ability: 250
Average Magic Ability : 50
Average Resistance Ability: 250
Average Speed Ability: 2050

Each Status has gone up by 50 points... Isn't this too much? Besides...

[ "HP Rapid Recovery LV2" became "HP Rapid Recovery LV3" ]

[ "SP Recovery Speed LV5" became "SP Recovery Speed LV6" ]

[ "Poison Attack LV5" became "Poison Attack LV6" ]

'Yes, that's what I'm talking about! Let's maximize all those important skills!'

Chapter 17 - Not one of my siblings.
I kept killing monsters but soon got tired. The most tired I feel at the moment is mental.

'And even after killing so many of them and running for a long time, I don't feel hungry...'

I no longer felt hungry after my new evolution. Before, I had to eat often, and my stomach started to hurt when I didn't eat, but now...

Now, I've gone hours without eating, and nothing is happening to me.

'That's good. I don't have to eat the disgusting monsters in this place.' The problem is that since I don't have to eat them, I'm leaving the monsters' bodies lying around. It can attract more monsters.

It's not just me who needs to eat in this labyrinth. 'Well, that's no problem since the more monsters, the better.' I need more EXP.

'Speaking of monsters...' While resting peacefully, some monsters that hadn't detected my presence suddenly appeared. It's the perfect time to test a skill I've obtained.

[ Intimidation LV1 ]

'I gained this skill after scaring many monsters with my appearance and strength.'

And since it's a passive skill, I only looked at the nearby monsters. There were three Kohokoro, an armadillo that isn't very strong.

They were weak monsters and started running as soon as they saw me. I didn't go after them, though.

'Yes, it's working... I think.' Well... Before I acquired the skill, I was already terrifying these monsters...

In addition to this intimidation skill, I acquired two other new skills.

I got these two skills using my points. The first skill is [ Magic Power Operation ], and the second is [ Fire Magic ].

Yes, that's right!

As I said before, I have a dream of being able to use magic. I could already sense mana, but I couldn't use it. Now, I can do so with the skills [ Magic Power Operation ] and [ Fire Magic ].

'Should I create a fireball? A spear of fire? An explosion? A wall of fire to serve as protection?'

But... I don't know how to do that. Should I use my imagination, or is there some pre-programmed command? I don't remember very well, and the system didn't tell me anything...

I don't think this will work, but let's try to use my imagination.

'Right... Let's make the fire circulate me and then come together, creating a ball of fire.....'

Slowly, small flames began to appear, and soon, in front of me, a fireball began to be formed by particles of fire coming from everywhere. My eyes lit up with excitement.

The heat from the fireball was burning me, but I didn't care.

'That's so cool!' The fireball was red and incandescent. The glow it caused made the place I was standing in, which had previously been dark, light up. It was a mighty light.

But now, let's see the power of this magic.

'Go!'

And with my command, the fireball flew... but... at a very slow speed.

And before it could hit the wall twenty meters away, the magic disappeared.

'Is that because it's level 1? Ah, damn...'

I should keep using it to increase the level. I still can't edit it...There's still another 11 hours to go.

'Oh, and it's the first time I used my MP.'

The amount of MP spent was a little. I only spent 5 of my 250 MP to use that fireball.

'I may become a powerful wizard in the future.'

So, I created another fireball and threw it at a closer wall. The fireball crashed into the labyrinth wall, leaving a black stain. It hadn't done much damage, but that's incredible.

So, I created another fireball.

Then, I created a fire arrow.

And after that, I created a small whirlwind of fire that swallowed up small rocks.

[ "Fire Magic LV1" became "Fire Magic LV2" ]

'YEAH! LEVELED UP!

My fun with fire continued.

####

*Change of POV*

As the little spider continued to walk through the depths of the labyrinth, bodies and more bodies came into its view. It was a scene from a horror movie that made her body tremble. 'That monster must be nearby...'

The little spider hadn't even managed to up a single level because of the lack of monsters. Whoever the beast was that was killing these monsters, it was doing it just for fun.

'Maybe it's Mom... No, it can't be her. She wouldn't kill that many monsters and not eat them.'

And then, suddenly, the little spider's body shivered.

'Damn it, damn it!!!" She screamed internally and hid behind the rocks.

In the distance, something frightening could be seen.

A black spider... THREE times bigger. But the red crystal on the giant spider's forehead and the fireballs it was creating and throwing were what caught the little spider's attention.

The giant spider was jumping back and forth, seemingly enjoying itself.

'The aura of this spider...' The threatening aura made the little spider tremble.

'That's not one of my siblings...' The spider thought.

The spider slowly moved away.

'I have to go up. I can't stay here any longer!' The spider said confidently.

Chapter 18 - We finally meet.
By the time I'd finished having fun with my fire magic, it had already reached level 3. 'It certainly leveled up very quickly. Maybe my race has given me a bonus that makes my skills level up faster?'

It makes sense since it's practically impossible to level up.

'Seriously, what do I do now? Should I keep killing monsters here and farming levels? Or should I leave the labyrinth?'

No, I don't think it's time yet. I want to prepare myself better first. My skills haven't reached their full potential yet. But it will take a long time to reach my full potential. I might stay here for years...

I don't want to live underground for several years. I refuse to do that.

'If I stay here for years, all the reincarnates will be adults by the time I leave!' But does that make a difference? I don't want to get involved with them anyway. The only characters I like are Kumoko and Ariel.

The others are interesting, but I don't like them enough.

Also, I want to go home.

'Huh?'

Then, I felt the presence of something. I turned around quickly and began to feel a strange energy.

'Is it a monster?' It didn't seem dangerous, so I headed where I felt the presence. But when I arrived there, I found nothing. The presence had disappeared entirely.

'Was I wrong?' The only thing around were some bodies of monsters I had killed earlier. 'Hm? But there's something strange.' Although the ground was rocky, there was some dirt... Or dust.

I could see some footsteps.

They were the footsteps of thin feet/legs, just like mine.

'Well, my legs are much thicker now. I've grown a lot, a lot more than I thought.'

But that's strange. Is it one of those dinosaur monsters? No, their feet are different. 'Then it's probably another spider. Could one of my siblings have made it to this place?'

I looked around and waited for a while but didn't hear or see anything.

'I think I'm imagining it.'

With my big body, I started to walk away. I need to gain EXP, and standing here won't do any good.

'Hm?'

####

*Change of POV*

'Even though I said I would go up, I don't know how. Damn, that sucks!' The little spider screamed in her mind. 'I must find another way.'

She thought it but remembered the giant black spider she had seen.

'Do I have to go through it?'

The spider searched for other paths but found only dead ends and some paths too narrow to follow. 'Damn it~~ I'm going to have to go through that spider~~'

The spider opened its Status and looked at the skill that could help it.

[ Stealth LV1 ]

The spider had acquired this skill not long ago, so it was still at level one.

'No, that won't work!' The spider shouted in her mind. 'I'm sure that giant spider has a lot of skills to sense me. I'll be caught as soon as I try to do anything!'

She thought for a few seconds and decided to follow where the black spider was.

When the spider got closer, it noticed that the giant spider had stopped using its fire magic and was standing still, staring at the wall.

'It seems to be thinking deeply about something... I've never seen a monster act like this. It's even gesturing with its legs!'

That spider was strange, so the little spider became even more afraid.

And then...

Badumt!

The spider's heart pounded. The black spider's eyes turned in the little spider's direction. The spider immediately clamped its mouth shut and held its breath. And then, the spider began to hear heavy footsteps.

'It's coming! It's coming!'

The spider desperately climbed the walls, hid in what little shade it could find, and stood still. It even stopped breathing.

Then, the giant spider approached. The giant spider stood still below the little spider, looking around. Fortunately, the giant spider didn't look at the ceiling.

However, just the possibility of being caught made the poor little spider tremble.

'If I'm caught, I'll be killed! I'm not strong enough to fight this thing!'

The threatening aura that the spider emitted was not normal.

'Oh! Appraisal-san!'

##$%@$$ !%&!% LV2

Nameless

HP 250
MP 250
SP 250
250/250

Average Offense Ability: 550
Average Defense Ability: 250
Average Magic Ability : 165
Average Resistance Ability: 250
Average Speed Ability: 2050

Stat & Ability Skills

[ HP Rapid Recovery LV3 ] [ SP Recovery Speed LV6 ]

Attack Skills

[ Poison Attack LV6 ] [ Poison Fang LV9 ]

Active Skills

[ %!@&%#! LV2 ] [ Poison Synthesis LV1 ] [ Thread Manipulation LV8 ] [ Cutting Thread LV2 ]

Perception Skills

[ Mana Perception LV5 ] [ Appraisal LV7 ]

Magic Skills

[ Fire Magic LV3 ] [ Poison Magic LV1 ]

Resistance Skills

[ Poison Resistance LV8 ] [ Pain Resistance LV5 ] [ Paralysis Resistance LV2 ] [ Petrification Resistance LV2 [ Acid Resistance LV6 ] [ Rot Resistance LV2 ] [ Faint Resistance LV2(New!) ] [ Fear Resistance LV4 ]

Passive Skills

[ $%&!+ LV1 ] [ Night Vision LV9 ] [ Intimidation LV1 ] [ Magic Power Operation LV2 ]

'What the hell? What's all this? Why can't I see the name? Is it because Appraisal-san isn't at a high enough level?'

'It also has some strange skills... What's that?'

The black spider then moved away, leaving the little spider relieved. The little spider could finally breathe again and climbed down the wall to look where the black spider was going so as not to go to the same place.

However, when the little spider that was hiding behind the stones tried to look.

'AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! IT SAW ME!' The giant spider's eight crimson-red eyes stared straight at the little spider.

Chapter 19 - Our meeting is ruined.
As I was walking away, I again noticed the presence of something behind me, but this time there was something... And it was a spider. A much smaller spider than me, it was even a bit cute.

So, I used appraisal on it. The spider was paralyzed as it looked at me.

Small Taratect LV3

Nameless

Status

HP 38
MP 38
SP 38
21/38

Average Offense Ability: 21
Average Defense Ability: 21

Average Magic Ability: 19
Average Resistance Ability: 19
Average Speed Ability: 369

Stat & Ability Skills

[ HP Auto-Recovery LV2 ] [ Strength LV2 ] [ Solidity LV2 ] [ Skanda LV2 ]

Active Skills

[ Poison Fang LV8 ] [ Poison Synthesis LV1 ] [ Spider Thread LV8 ] [ Thread Control LV5 ]

Perception Skills

[ Concentration LV1 ] [ Hit LV1 ] [ Appraisal LV7 ] [ Detection LV3 ]

Magic Skills

[ Heretic Magic LV2 ] [ Shadow Magic LV1 ] [ Poison Magic LV1 ]

Resistance Skills

[ Poison Resistance LV7 ] [ Paralysis Resistance LV3 ] [ Petrification Resistance LV2 ] [ Acid Resistance LV3 ] [ Rot Resistance LV3 ] [ Fear Resistance LV5 ] [ Pain Nullification ] [ Pain Mitigation ]

Passive Skills

[ Throw LV1 ] [ Stealth LV5 ] [ Night Vision LV10 ] [ Vision Expansion LV1 ]

Other Skills

[ Overeating LV3 ] [ Taboo LV2 ] [ n% I = W ]

After I saw the vast Status of this little spider in front of me, I was paralyzed for a moment and began to wonder if it was her. And then, to my surprise, the spider started to swing her front legs desperately.

'Is she trying to communicate? Kumoko?' It's her! There's no way it's not her. Look at that status... She's only level 3, but her number of skills is insane!

So I started swinging my legs, too.

I swung my big legs and tried to gesture for her to follow me.

Kumoko seemed to understand and followed me to an area with a small pile of bodies. I approached my pile of bodies, and with the sharp blades that I now had on the end of my legs, I cut the bodies.

After that, I took the blood that came out and started to write.

But... How am I going to do that?

'I was born in Canada. I can only speak English. Kumoko is Japanese... There's no way we can communicate.'

I thought about using my editing skills to modify a skill and create a language skill, but it was still on cooldown. 'Even so, I think she'll understand.'

'I am human.'

I wrote on the wall of the labyrinth.

[ I AM HUMAN ]

When I'd finished, Kumoko began to swing her legs rapidly and jump. I could see a smile on her face. She then approached me and started gesturing desperately.

But before we could continue.

Break~~

I heard the sound of something breaking, and my vision turned upside down.

I was paralyzed. I couldn't move my neck.

'What's that? Has my neck been broken? What's happened?'

As well as seeing everything upside down and unable to move, Kumoko stopped moving as if time had stopped. No, time has stopped, I'm sure.

A drop of blood that had been thrown into the air was still in the air.

"Who are you?"

Then I heard a woman's voice that made my whole body shiver. It was the voice of a young woman, but her voice had so much power that it made me want to kill myself just to get out of here as quickly as possible.

But I couldn't move.

The danger is closing in on me, and I can't move.

####

*Change of POV*

'Aah, what do I do?' Kumoko desperately started swinging her legs, trying to gesture to the spider to leave her alone. 'Leave me alone, you damn monster.'

Kumoko kept a serious expression despite being scared to death at that moment.

And then...

'It's gesticulating back!' To Kumoko's shock, the spider moved its legs just as she did, leaving Kumoko entirely at a loss as to what to do. Then she gestured back at the giant spider.

'I'm a friend. I won't hurt you.' It's not as if she could.

And then, the spider made some strange gestures and started walking away.

Kumoko followed, still afraid. She became even more scared when the giant spider slashed the bodies of some monsters with its claws like it was no big deal and then took their blood.

And with the blood, the spider wrote something on the wall.

[ I AM HUMAN ]

Kumoko was Japanese, but she understood those words. She had taken English at school before, after all.

'Are you a human like me?! I thought I was the only one being reincarnated as a disgusting animal!'

Kumoko, for some reason, felt very happy. A big smile appeared, and she started gesticulating and jumping happily towards the giant spider.

However, something strange suddenly happened.

'Are?' Kumoko's body froze for a moment. And then, suddenly, she could see the giant spider's neck being broken and its head being turned upside down. It was so sudden.

Kumoko was speechless. No, she couldn't say anything even if she tried. She was being prevented from even thinking.

Kumoko's eyes lost more and more of their sparkle. The last thing Kumoko saw before losing consciousness was an unknown woman whose face she couldn't see. The woman put her hand on the giant spider and made it disappear.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back