• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Kumo desu ga, Nani ka? - Edit System

Chapter 20 - D.
The danger was getting closer and closer, but I couldn't do anything about it. I stood still, waiting for my imminent death.

I don't even know how I'm not dead yet... My neck is broken!

But would a broken neck kill a spider?

'AND THIS IS THE TIME TO THINK ABOUT IT?! SYSTEM, PUT MY STRENGTH AT 20,000!'

I shouted at the system but was completely ignored.

I even tried to open my Status, but it wasn't working.

Then someone appeared. It was a woman I remembered very well since I had read the original work. However, I could only see part of her school uniform.

'IT'S D! She's here!'

I was expecting her, but I'm very nervous now that she's here.

"I'll ask you again, who are you?" I heard her voice again. I felt a shiver run through my whole body.

'How am I going to answer her?' I don't know what to do. But fortunately for me, she could read my mind.

"I'm listening to you. Who are you?" She asked again. She was annoyed with me. What do I do? Should I tell her the truth? Will she believe me?

No... She must believe me! How else would I end up in this place?

'Someone sent me to this place. I shouldn't be here, I know.' I answered her honestly, as I felt she could kill me at any moment. However, to my surprise...

"Answer me. Who are you?" she asked again.

?

'I told you, I came to this place by mistake. I also won the system to level up.' I answered her again, but she didn't seem to understand me, and then I saw her hand approaching my head.

When her hand touched my head, my senses returned.

And then.

!

I felt my whole body go to pieces. I could feel every part of my body separating into tiny pieces as if I were disintegrating. But I didn't feel any pain. It was like an illusion.

My body suddenly returned to normal. But I still can't move.

"Who are you?" she asked.

What the hell did she do?

"You just have to answer me. How did you end up in this place? I don't remember you, that's strange. Besides, why can't I see your Status? Why can't I change anything?"

D, who was an god, was confused. I couldn't see her expression but could tell from her tone.

'I don't know who I am.' I said. And this time, she seemed to understand me.

"You don't know who you are? What do you mean?"

'I'm telling you the truth. I don't know who I am. I don't know who you are or who that spider is either. I reincarnated in this place, and that's it!'

"Huh?"

Again, she couldn't understand me. Whenever I try to explain to her, she can't hear me! This is a nuisance! How am I going to get out of this situation? Seriously, I don't think I will get out of this alive.

'Please leave me alive!' I shouted at D. 'I promise I won't interfere in anything! I promise! '

"..."

D was silent for a while. Is she thinking about this?

"How come I can't do anything against you?" D said.

'I don't know either...' I said honestly. Am I safe?

"Ok, ok..." D turned to Kumoko and then approached her. D then made Kumoko's body float and then threw her into a portal and made her disappear. "You, I'll keep an eye on you for now."

'Are you going to let me go?'

"I still don't know what's going on. I can't do anything against you. Nothing works."

'You tried to kill me before, didn't you?'

"Yes. But your body regenerated." D was now talking casually to me. She even let out a sigh and put her hands on her waist.

'What are you going to do?'

"As I said, I'm going to watch you. Don't contact her again."

'Yes, I understand! If I don't get involved with her, I won't have to see you again. I accept your condition!'

"You'll see me again, I'm sure of it. Whoever sent you to this place... I'll find them."

'...' I felt a shiver run through my body. She really will kill me one day. But what does she mean by "the person who sent me to this place"? Is there someone who did this?

Is it an administrator?

A God?

It can only be a God! But what kind of God sent me to this place?

"Right, now I'm going. Remember, don't contact her again. Ah, I think I can make it harder for that to happen. I'll send you out. Just disappear after that."

'Out? You mean out of the labyrinth?'

"That's right."

'But if I go out now, I'll be killed! Haven't you noticed that I'm a giant spider? '

"That's not my problem."

Since I couldn't move, I could only watch as D created a portal to send me out of the labyrinth. Then, before I even blinked, my vision had changed.

In front of me was a large forest.

"I hope you enjoy yourself." And then she disappeared.

And when D disappeared from my sight, I could move again.

'I'm fucked!' I screamed in my mind.

There's no way I can stay alive now. No, I can't doubt my skills. I'm sure everything will be fine. I still have my editing skills. You haven't changed anything on my status, have you?!

Urednik pajka LV2 (Phase 1)

Skill Points: 500

Nameless

HP 250
MP 250
SP 250
250/250

Average Offense Ability: 550
Average Defense Ability: 250
Average Magic Ability : 165
Average Resistance Ability: 250
Average Speed Ability: 2050

Stat & Ability Skills

[ HP Rapid Recovery LV3 ] [ SP Recovery Speed LV6 ]

Attack Skills

[ Poison Attack LV6 ] [ Poison Fang LV9 ]

Active Skills

[ Editing LV2 ] [ Poison Synthesis LV1 ] [ Thread Manipulation LV8 ] [ Cutting Thread LV2 ]

Perception Skills

[ Mana Perception LV6 ] [ Appraisal LV7 ]

Magic Skills

[ Fire Magic LV3 ] [ Poison Magic LV1 ]

Resistance Skills

[ Poison Resistance LV8 ] [ Pain Resistance LV5 ] [ Paralysis Resistance LV2 ] [ Petrification Resistance LV2 [ Acid Resistance LV6 ] [ Rot Resistance LV2 ] [ Faint Resistance LV2(New!) ] [ Fear Resistance LV4 ]

Passive Skills

[ Edit+ LV1 ] [ Night Vision LV9 ] [ Intimidation LV2 ] [ Magic Power Operation LV3 ]

'Whew~~ Everything's normal.' D couldn't change anything about my Status... And she can't kill me. What the hell?

Chapter 21 - Dimensional Maneuvering
*Change of POV*

'Huh? What happened?' Kumoko opened her eyes and found herself in a different place. It was no longer in the same spot as before, and the giant black spider had disappeared.

Kumoko looked around for the giant spider but found no one.

'I remember this place. Isn't this the same place I was born? It's not a good idea to stay here.' Kumoko could see many broken spider eggs.

She had gone back to the beginning.

Kumoko quickly ran and hid again.

'At least I'm back up!' The spider smiled and celebrated. 'But I wish I'd stayed with that giant spider for a while. That spider was one of my classmates? No, I don't think so. If it were one of my colleagues, it wouldn't have been written in English.'

Kumoko was confused and didn't know who that person was, but she wished she'd stayed with her longer and tried to communicate more.

'But who was that woman?' Kumoko remembers a woman with not very long hair. After the woman appeared, she touched the giant spider, and the spider disappeared. After, kumoko lost consciousness.

'Did the giant spider die?' Kumoko was in shock for a few seconds. 'That might have happened! That woman was dangerous! But why did she come after us?'

Kumoko didn't understand why that mysterious woman had killed the giant spider and then teleported it back to the beginning again.

'Maybe that woman didn't want us to meet? Haaaa~~ I guess whatever. Let's move on and kill some monsters. After seeing that giant spider, I'm excited to continue leveling up.'

Kumoko returned to her exploration.

'But what was that evolution? Is that spider one of my siblings? Well, if it's dead, I'll never find out~~'

####

*Change of POV*

A few minutes have passed since I was teleported out of the labyrinth. Seeing the sun for the first time after a long time was nice, but I couldn't calm down. I could be found and killed at any moment.

Even if I have my editing ability, I feel like I could be killed!

'Speaking of which, D didn't manage to mess with my status and didn't manage to kill me, but her presence did interfere with the system.'

When she appeared before me, I couldn't open my status or make any edits. Her presence is too powerful.

But...It doesn't make sense.

If she can't mess with my status or kill me, doesn't that mean my system is more powerful than her authority? Her presence should not interfere with my system functionality.

'Well, I don't understand.'

I continued walking among the trees and didn't encounter any enemies. I wanted to find a safe place until my ability to edit skills returned. Once that happened, I would return to the labyrinth.

Yes, I made that decision.

Just thinking for a few minutes was enough to make that decision.

I've said it many times, but... I shouldn't leave the labyrinth now. I don't have a human appearance. I'm a monster. I'm an enemy of humanity. I can't stay outside here without a human body.

Besides, leveling up here won't work.

Unless I kill the demon lord and her subordinates... But I don't want to do that. I don't feel like killing the demon lord. She's a character I like.

'Right, everything's fine here.'

After walking for a long time, I found a cave. It wasn't a big cave, but enough to hide in. I used my claws to cut down some trees and block the entrance.

Inside, I lay down and stayed there, waiting for time to pass.

'I hope it all works out...'

After returning to the labyrinth, I'll avoid contact with Kumoko.

At least, while I can't do anything about D.

####

My ability to edit skills had finally returned, and I finally made the edit I wanted. I decided to turn the skill [ Acid Resistance LV6 ] into a skill called [ Dimensional Maneuvering ].

I set it to level 10.

From what I remember, if I'm near the labyrinth, I can move there with just one move. The big problem is that it consumes SP, and I wonder if I have enough SP. But I will know when I try it out.

And then.

'Hop!'

With the use of the skill, my vision changed. It had worked. However, I went to the labyrinth's surface where I was born.

'I teleported here because it was probably closer. But it makes no difference. I can use the skill again. The skill used less SP than I thought it would.'

I used 50 to get this far, and now I have 163 SP left. What's more, my SP has already started to recover.

'And now that I'm here, I can return to where I was before. I'll only be able to level up down there. There are only weak monsters up here.'

So, with the skill, I moved again, this time appearing in the same place I was when I met Kumoko. There, what I had written in blood was still on the wall.

But Kumoko had disappeared.

'I wonder where she sent Kumoko...'

Well, we won't be seeing each other anytime soon... I guess.

####

You can read 13 extra chapters on my Patreon! I'll keep posting two extra chapters there every day. My goal is to have 20+ extra chapters for my patreons!

Link: patreon

Chapter 22 - New feature unlocked.
At the bottom of the labyrinth again, I started to kill all the monsters that appeared before me. I don't know how much time has passed, but it was almost three hours, and I hadn't gone up a single level.

I even killed some evolved species, but it was no use. Honestly, I'm losing hope. How will I get to level 20 to unlock phase 2? It's impossible to get to level 20!

I don't think I'll reach level 20 even if I kill ten dragons at Araba's level. That's ridiculous.

'Haaa~~ Seriously, whoever created my system is crazy.' I crossed my legs and sat down on the labyrinth floor to rest. Then, I looked at the cooldown to see how much time had passed.

[ 19:56:20 ]

'It has been over three hours...'

I looked around and let out another long sigh. I'm starting to feel lonely. I had finally met up with Kumoko and would start adventuring with her. How sad~~

Honestly, I love the character. Adventuring with her would be like a dream come true.

'But now that I know D doesn't want me to talk with her, I can do nothing.' I'll have to find a new friend or something.... But there's no way to find a friend in a place like this, is there?

'Right, let's stop resting and continue farming EXP.'

I started running aimlessly, searching for monsters to kill. And luckily for me, I found yet another monster nest so I could farm EXP.

I don't know if I can call it a nest, but it had many monkeys.

'I don't have friends, but at least I can have fun killing these monsters.'

I ran towards them, and with my blades on the tips of my legs, I started chopping off arms, legs, and heads.

The number of monkeys exceeded 40, but no matter how hard they tried to hurt me, they couldn't because, just in case, I raised my defense to 10,000. 'Increasing my attack isn't necessary.'

I continued to cut. Pieces of bodies were thrown into the air, along with the blood that was wetting my own body and also the ground.

'AHAHAHAHA.' As I watched the monkeys have their bodies cut in half, and the fear and despair begin to take hold of them, I started to laugh. And then, finally.

[ "Urednik pajka LV2" became "Urednik pajka LV3" ]

[ Skill proficiency achieved. ]
[ The skill "Editing LV2" became "Editing LV3" ]

[ The skill "Edit+ LV1" became "Edit+ LV2" ]

'FINALLY! AND THE EDITING SKILL HAS GONE UP A LEVEL TOO!'

I shouted in my mind as I swung my two front legs and cut one of the monkeys into an "X" shape. It was honestly a pleasant sight.

With the massacre over, I finally decided to eat something even though I wasn't feeling hungry. And then, when I bit into one of the monkeys' bodies, I was surprised.

[Anogratch LV5 ]

[Status: Dead]

[ Do you want to edit the Status of this body? ]

'Huh?' I looked at that message, confused. What do you mean? Is it because the [ Editing ] skill has reached level 3?'

Since the system gave me the option, I decided to edit the monster's Status to "Alive," even if it was only half a body. And when I did, I was startled.

The half-body of the monkey in front of me started to move. I had split it in half vertically during my massacre. Its eye was looking straight at me, and its arm was moving.

'IT'S ALIVE EVEN THOUGH HALF ITS BODY IS MISSING!'

I stepped back and used Appraisal on the monster.

Anogratch LV5

Stats

HP 10
MP 0
SP 0

'What the fuck?' All the monkey's stats besides the HP were at 0, and it had no skills.

'What should I do with it?' So, I decided to test something. I took the half of another body and put it next to the half that was alive.

The half of the body that was alive started to move using its unique arm and approached the half of the body I put there.

Then, the two parts began to come together in front of me. I was able to observe each stage of the regeneration. Frankly, it's not a pleasant sight. I could see the blood, organs, and everything coming together.

And when the two halves came together, the monster stood before me.

Anogratch LV5 (Familiar)

Stats

HP 10
MP 0
SP 0

'Oh?' Is it a familiar? Is it like a summon or something? Wait, I understand more or less how this works.

'Hey, you, come with me.'

At my command, the monkey walked over to the spot I was using as a bed. It was a rock I had covered with my spider web to make it more comfortable.

The monkey stood in front of me.

'Hmmm... System, I think I got it. I can edit its status, right?'

[ Choose the Status to edit ]

[ HP 10 ]

[ MP 0 ]

[ SP 0 ]

'Let's see, edit the HP and MP to 100.'

[ Edit failed! Limit exceeded. ]

'What? 100 is over the limit? Then edit the HP to 20 and the MP to 20.'

[ Edits applied! ]

Anogratch LV5 (Familiar)

Stats

HP 20
MP 20
SP 0

'But isn't it useless?'

It has no skills, and I can't give it any. It's practically useless in battle.

'At least for now, it's not going to be useful... No, wait, I think I know what I can do.'

I want my way to the Middle of the labyrinth. I can't use the "teleportation" ability to get there since I've never been there. I can only go where I've already been.

'You! You're going to map the labyrinth. Find the way to the Middle!'

At my command, the monkey ran away.

'WATCH YOUR SP! STOP AND REST IF NECESSARY!'

Right, let's use some more monkeys!

####

You can read 14 extra chapters on my Patreon! I'll keep posting two extra chapters there every day. My goal is to have 20+ extra chapters for my patreons!

Chapter 23 - Skill explained. Plan to level up quickly.
But before that, let's look at everything that's changed.

First of all, my editing skill have reached level 3. As well as releasing this new feature of reviving monsters and making them my familiars, something else has changed.

I can now edit 3 of my statuses at the same time.

Unfortunately, the number of skills I can edit is still at 1. This probably has to do with my evolution and level, not the editing skill level.

But I could be wrong.

Now the skill [ Edit+ LV2 ]

Instead of increasing the duration by 30%, it now increases it by 40%, which is an excellent increase.

'But apart from that, nothing very significant has changed.' Let's look at the new feature that allows me to create familiars. I already understood how it works, but I want to understand the limits of this ability.

When I asked the system, it answered all my questions.

Here:

The skill can be used on as many monsters as I want. There's no limit. But they will all be reborn with 10 HP, regardless of the monster or level.

And about the number of edits I can make to each familiar.

I can edit three different statuses of each familiar simultaneously, but the maximum I can put on each status is 30 points. It's not like when I edit my status, and I can put any value I want.

In short.

My familiars are useless in battle for now, and I'll have to do all the work.

And about the duration of the edit on my familiars:

To my surprise, the duration of the edits I made on my familiars was longer than the duration of the edits I made on myself. Any edit I make to my Status lasts 56 minutes, but the edits I make to my familiars last 24 hours.

The [ Edit+ ] skill doesn't apply to familiars. The limit is only 24 hours.

'Oh, and the most important detail, apparently the monsters my familiars kill give me XP. In other words, the system knows I can't level up that easily and has given me this ability to help me...'

And, of course, I already knew how to use this skill... But I'll leave that for later.

Now, let's do what I was going to do before.

'Come on, wake up my children, wake up.'

I used my skill on ten more monkeys and then edited everyone's HP, MP, and SP to 30. Now, with an army of 10 of them in front of me, I gave the same order to everyone.

'Find the Middle!'

And then, all the monkeys started running.

'Haaaaa~~ Now I just have to relax and wait. No, I can't relax. If I don't test the idea I had, I might end up forgetting about it!'

Let's go to the surface of the labyrinth again!

####

When I reached the first "floor," I scanned the surroundings and soon realized someone had recently passed this way. I could smell burning wood or something. 'Probably torches.'

Humans passed this way not long ago.

I have to do this quickly; if I take too long, I might have to face the humans. And if I face them, I'll probably have to kill them. I've never killed humans before.

It can't be a good experience.

'All right, let's go monster hunting.'

The number of monsters here was relatively high, so it was easy to kill many of them.

Most of them were [ Elroe Frog ] and [ Elroe Basilisk ], but there were also 3 [ Elroe Randanel ]. In all, I managed to collect 15 monsters. To make my plan work, I made a clean cut when I killed them.

With my claws, I took off their heads.

'Right, let's put them all here.'

As soon as I touched the first body of an [ Elroe Frog ], the message I'd been waiting for appeared.

[ Elroe Frog LV4 ]

[ Status: Dead ]

So I changed its Status to alive and then put its head back on. I did this with all the monsters and assembled an army of 15 of them in front of me. They were all monsters of different races, but they had one goal in common.

Give me EXP!

'I didn't increase the monkeys' offensive ability before because it wasn't necessary, but it is needed here.'

Let's see. They don't need MP because they don't use magic skills. They don't even have skills. So let's do this.

'Set their SP, strength, and agility to 30. HP is already at 10, so I don't need to edit it. Will they die quickly? Probably, but I will make a huge army.'

So it was finished.

15 monsters were lined up before me, all with 10 HP, 30 SP, 30 strength, and 30 agility.

'Listen to me! Go after monsters that are weaker than you! There must be a lot of them out there. Kill as many monsters as you can!'

Even if I don't get much XP per kill, I'm sure the number of monsters an army can kill will be enough to level me up. As my skill level goes up, the stronger my army will become.

I would like to know what it will be like when I can edit the Status of my entire army to 500 or even 1000. Wouldn't that be absurd?

'Go!' I shouted to my army, however, just as they were getting ready to go out and do their hunting.

"It's here! It's the spider I said I saw! I told you I wasn't going mad!"

I heard a man's voice.

When I turned around, I saw an army of a few men. There were 15 of them. They were all wearing armor. Most of them were using swords, but two were using spears.

'Are you serious?'

The monsters that I had just "created" hid behind me. They've realized that they're weaker than humans.

'I didn't want to get involved with you guys... I said I didn't want to kill humans.'

But now that we've reached this point... *Smile*

####

You can read 14 extra chapters on my Patreon! I'll keep posting two extra chapters there every day. My goal is to have 20+ extra chapters for my patreons!

Interesting story, it seems like the fiction.live version has more lively discussion. But, you haven't allowed unverified users there to chat even if they have an account.

I haven't caught up yet though. But I am a big fan of spider people of various sort in fiction and games. I have had a lot of fun playing a spider people in dwarf fortress.
And I have ran or tried to run a couple quests on fiction/live related to the idea.

I haven't actually read Kumo Desu ka either. But I want to.

Litrpgs are cool too so combining them is nice! I usually prefer my spiders in fictions a little more sexualized but the story is cool anyways.

Interesting story, it seems like the fiction.live version has more lively discussion. But, you haven't allowed unverified users there to chat even if they have an account.

I haven't caught up yet though. But I am a big fan of spider people of various sort in fiction and games. I have had a lot of fun playing a spider people in dwarf fortress.
And I have ran or tried to run a couple quests on fiction/live related to the idea.

I haven't actually read Kumo Desu ka either. But I want to.

Litrpgs are cool too so combining them is nice! I usually prefer my spiders in fictions a little more sexualized but the story is cool anyways.
I changed it now!!!

Chapter 24 - Humans and monsters working together.
The humans in front of me were already trembling. My [ Intimidation ] skill had reached level 2, so its effect is better now. But honestly, I don't need this skill to terrify them.

My size is bizarre.

Now that I'm in front of a human, I know exactly how big I am. I'm about two and a half or even three meters.

"Don't be afraid. If this spider is up here, I'm sure it's not very strong!" The man who seemed to be the leader shouted. He was more muscular than the others, and his armor had a higher quality.

His big beard had white spots. He's old.

"Sir, it looks like this spider is controlling those monsters!"

"This spider is not controlling these monsters. The monsters are afraid, that's all." The man said. "Prepare your swords. Mages, prepare your spells!"

'Mages?'

As soon as the man shouted, I disappeared, appearing behind the group of men.

'Hello.' I said in my mind. Without thinking, I stuck one of my legs into the back of one of the men. He's using a staff. He's a mage!

My claw went through the man's body. The tip of my leg came out of his chest, and I could see a piece of an organ there.

'Urgh, disgusting.'

I could feel the heat of the inside of the man's body. I then pulled my leg out, and he collapsed, already dead.

"It's behind! Be careful!" The leader shouted.

I then hit the second mage with my claw, cutting off half his head and causing his brain to fly into the air.

"AAAAAH!!! DAMN IT, WHAT'S HAPPENING!"

"LEADER, WHAT SHOULD WE DO?"

"KEEP ATTACKING!" The leader shouted.

The men continued to swing their swords, but I was repelling their attacks with my claws. They were slow, very slow. It was as if they were in slow motion.

I could see the hope fading from the men's faces as their companions continued to die.

And incredibly, I'm not feeling bad.

I had pierced their bodies, torn off their limbs. I even tasted their blood because it flew into my mouth. But I didn't feel anything about it. It was even a bit amusing.

"Argh, that hurts!" A man shouted after his arm was ripped off.

"Andrew!" Another man shouted after seeing his friend have his throat slit by the tip of my claw.

It is fun because I can understand them. I can feel the anguish in their words every time a new person dies. And for some reason, this is making me a little happy.

Is it happiness... or satisfaction?

But I'm sure a smile is on my face right now.

"You monster, go away!" The leader shouted as he hid behind his last two men. I could see tears in the men's eyes. I continued to walk slowly towards them.

'It's fun! I think he's peed himself.' I saw a liquid falling to the ground through the leader's armor. The man pissed himself because of the fear he's feeling.

'Right~~'

With my front legs, I pierced the chest of the two men who were protecting the leader. I hit them with my claws and, at the same time, threw myself on top of them, pressing them to the ground. My claws went through their bodies and pierced the hard rock.

The leader then fell backward. I gazed at him with my probably terrifying eyes, and the man started screaming.

"PLEASE! NO, PLEASE!" He raised his sword.

I removed my claws from the bodies of his friends and walked closer to the man. The smell of urine reached my nose.

'Disgusting.' I said before biting the man's head. I managed to rip half of his head off with my teeth. The man's body immediately lost its strength, and the sword he was holding fell to the ground.

'Hmmm... It tastes better than the monsters that live in this labyrinth...' However, I don't want to eat it.

I'll not feel good eating human flesh...And I'm not hungry.

'Right, what do I do with it?'

I looked down the "corridor". Bodies were lying everywhere.

'I should leave these bodies here. It won't make any difference if I take them out or not. Other monsters will probably eat them later.'

Right, let's continue my plan to level up~~

'Wait...'

####

'Yes, that's it!'

Human LV10
Tody Russel

'Oh! What a strange name, Tody Russel. It's quite a different name... But that doesn't matter. Change his Status to Alive.'

And then the magic happened.

But there is a problem... I'd eaten a part of his head... And... it's not regenerating.

'That's a bit grotesque.'

Human LV10
Tody Russel

HP 10
MP 0
SP 0

Skills

[ Swordsmanship LV6 ]

'OOOHH!!! HE HAS A SKILL!' Does that mean it depends on who I revive?' Do the other humans come with skills?

Let's see, I had counted wrong... There's a total of 17 bodies here.

There were three mages.

'Right, let's revive everyone.'

Recovering the right parts of their bodies wasn't easy. When I'd finished, some of them had slightly disproportionate bodies... But it's functional. And about their Status, they all came with skills, except the mages, unfortunately.

Maybe it's because they're low-level mages? I don't know.

'All right, I'll put the same status I put on the monsters.'

Once done, I put the 17 humans and 15 monsters together.

'Humans and monsters working together, what a nice time to be alive!'

####

Last edited:
Chapter 25 - Elroe Baraggish.
With my army of 32 members, I'm ready to start leveling up. So, I finally gave the order: 'Start hunting the weak monsters, kill them all, and give me experience!'

I raised my front legs as if I were giving a battle shout.

My army raised their arms/paws and spread out through the labyrinth. 'They grow up so fast...' A tear trickled down one of my eight eyes as I watched my children walk away.

'Cof, cof~~ Let's go down. I shouldn't stay here too long, or other humans might appear.'

So I used the ability to teleport, and when I got there, some monkeys were waiting for me. There were two of them. I noticed that they had both lost a bit of HP.

Anogratch LV3

HP 3/10
MP 0
SP 30

Anogratch LV4

4/10
MP 0
SP 28/30

'Right, right, what are you guys doing here? Don't tell me you two have already found your way to the middle of the labyrinth?' My eight eyes began to sparkle at the possibility. But that wasn't it.

They shook their heads in denial. It's good that they can understand me so well~~

'So what happened? Did you two happen to meet a monster that made you return here?'

They nodded.

'A powerful monster?'

They nodded again.

'I see, I see~~ That's good. Take me there!' If a strong monster is waiting for me, I should go there to meet it. I need to level up so it's obvious that I want to kill it.

Could it be Araba?

'He's not the strongest monster in this labyrinth, but Araba is powerful.'

Before I go, I'm going to do a preparation. I'm going to make some edits to my Status... No, I don't need to do this now. Let's leave it until the time is right because the edit might disappear before I get there.

But even if it does, I can edit it again since I don't have a restriction.

'But...' I looked at the two monkeys, and they tilted their heads. 'Even If I edit my Status, I won't be able to get there quickly. I can't run... I have to follow these guys.'

I let out a long sigh.

'Right, let's get going.'

The monkeys happily started walking, but before we could continue, a system notification arrived.

[ "Urednik pajka LV3" became "Urednik pajka LV4" ]

'WHAT?

I was startled. It was so sudden.

'Have they killed that many monsters? Or was I close to leveling up?'

I'd forgotten!!!! Humans give a lot of EXP. The difference is frightening. But it's scary... Since I need a lot of EXP to level up.

It's like the system is telling me. "You need to kill humans if you want to level up quickly."

'Well, whatever. Let's move on, children.'

####

*Change of POV*

A girl with black hair sipped an iced tea on a comfortable sofa. From there, she watched a giant black spider making a mess.

'This spider is fascinating. I was worried before, but it's so much fun to watch.' The woman thought.

She had just seen the spider turn several monkeys into "zombies" and use them to map out the labyrinth. After that, she saw the giant spider turn monsters and humans into "zombies" to kill monsters and level up.

It was something she had never seen, and it intrigued her.

The woman would leave the giant spider alone if he didn't get involved with Kumoko.

"But he returned to the labyrinth... They might meet again. I don't know if I should interfere next time." The woman sipped her tea, and a smile appeared on her face. "What will he do now?"

Watching that giant black spider evolve with a system she didn't know became excellent entertainment for her.

####

I followed the monkeys for a long time. I even had to go through some very narrow paths. After walking for a long time, I finally saw the monster.

'How come you two weren't killed?' That was the first thing I thought.

In the distance, I could see a giant purple snake. It seemed to be resting after having a large meal. It was beautiful, although terrifying.

The monkeys who were with me hid behind me.

I turned to them to ask again how that thing hadn't killed them. They started gesticulating strangely to try to explain how everything had happened.

I only partially understood.

They had encountered the snake while it was finishing a meal. The snake saw them and then hit a nearby wall to scare them away. They lost HP because stones hit them.

That's it.

When I asked if that was it, the monkeys confirmed it.

'I'm getting good at reading people... Or monsters.'

Right, but what should I do? I can't see its Status from here, but as far as I can remember, the name is [ Elroe Baraggish ].

From what I remember, it can cast a deadly poison, a paralyzing poison, and also acid. It's a troublesome monster.

'I have resistance against all this, but my resistance level is not high.'

But this snake is on the same level as the dragons I've faced before, so if I put 20,000 on each Status, I shouldn't have a problem.

'System, set my defense, speed, and strength to 20,000.' With my command, the edit was applied.

Right, let's kill you quickly.

####

Chapter 26 - Battle harder than expected.
As I made the edits, I noticed my body was much heavier than usual. 'What's going on?' I opened my Status to take a look.

Urednik pajka LV4 (Phase 1)

Skill Points: 700

Nameless

HP 350
MP 350
SP 350
290/350

Average Offense Ability: 20,000
Average Defense Ability: 20,000
Average Magic Ability: 215
Average Resistance Ability: 350
Average Speed Ability: 20,000

'My SP has started to decrease faster than before.'

It was at 310 when I arrived, but after editing and taking a few steps, my SP is down to 290. Something strange is happening. It's as if my body can't take all this. 'System, shouldn't I be stronger now I'm a new evolution?'

Earlier, I had edited my strength and defense to 20,000, but my body didn't feel that heavy.

'It could be because I edited three stats to 20,000 simultaneously. Before, I had only edited two Satus to 20,000.'

Well, anyway, I've got enough time to kill this thing. Let's get closer and have a look. 'Appraisal, do your job.'

Elroe Baraggish LV25

Stats

HP 3,994
MP 3.011
SP 3.926

Offense: 3.875
Defense: 3.821
Magic: 2,999
Resistance: 3.295
Speed: 3,827

Stat Skills

[ HP Rapid Recovery LV4 ] [ MP Rapid Recovery LV3 ] [ MP Minimized Consumption LV3 ] [ SP Rapid Recovery LV4 ] [ SP Minimized Consumption LV4 ] [ Longevity LV9 ] [ Magic Hoard LV1 ] [ Ultimate Movement LV2 ] [ Fortune LV1 ] [ Herculean Strength LV8 ] [ Sturdy LV9 ] [ Monk LV1 ] [ Talisman LV8 ] [ Skanda LV3 ]

Attack Skills

[ Magic Power Attack LV7 [ Deadly Poison Attack LV10 ] [ Paralysis Attack LV6 [ Strong Acid Attack LV8 ] [ Heavy Super-Attack LV8 ]

Enhancement Skills

[ Status Condition Super-Enhancement LV8 ] [ Strong Acid Enhancement LV7 ] [ Heavy Super-Enhancement LV6 ] [ Destruction Enhancement LV9 ] [ Piercing Super-Enhancement LV4 ] [ Impact Super-Enhancement LV10 ] [ Shock Super-Enhancement LV10 ]

Active Skills

[ Dimensional Maneuvering LV1 ] [ Stealth LV10 ] [ Camouflage LV8 ] [ Silence LV10 ]

Perception Skills

[ Magic Power Perception LV7 ] [ Hit LV10 ] [ Evasion LV10 ] [ Probability Correction LV8 ] [ Danger Perception LV10 ] [ Presence Perception LV8 ] [ Heat Perception LV10 [ Motion Perception LV10 ]

Magic Skills

[ Magic Power Operation LV7 ] [ Heavy Magic LV5 [ Shadow Magic LV4 ]

Resistance Skills

[ Destruction Resistance LV6 ] [ Cutting Resistance LV9 ] [ Piercing Resistance LV9 ] [ Impact Resistance LV9 ] [ Shock Resistance LV5 ] [ Earth Resistance LV8 ] [ Dark Resistance LV1 ] [ Status Condition Super-Resistance LV9 ] [ Rot Resistance LV4 ] [ Pain Nullification ]

Passive Skills

[ Imperial Scales LV7 ] [ Odorless LV7 ] [ Pain Mitigation LV9 ] [ Vision Enhancement LV7 ] [ Night Vision LV10 ] [ Vision Expansion LV7 ] [ Auditory Enhancement LV5 ] [ Olfactory Enhancement LV5 ] [ Taste Enhancement LV3 ]

'My God, this status is huge. This thing also has magical abilities and cutting and piercing resistance.'

But with 20,000 strength, defense, and speed, I won't have any problems... Right?

I don't want to waste time. I quickly flew towards the snake with all my speed. I approached it in an instant. My large, heavy body appeared where the snake's head was.

It was sleeping peacefully and didn't notice my claw going towards its head to split it vertically.

However, I was wrong.

Vuosh~~

With a movement almost as fast as mine, the snake avoided my attack, and before I knew it, its tail was already moving towards me to hit me. 'That's a dangerous attack!'

I knew this attack. This thing has a lot of power! If it hits me directly, I'll take a bit of damage.

I created a shield using my legs and was hit. I felt a strong impact on my body and flew away at full speed. In less than two seconds, I hit the wall away from me.

I felt an impact on my back after hitting the wall, but I felt no pain.

HP 345/350

'Damn!'

Then, the snake appeared in front of me and spit its venom. At the same time as it tried to hit me with its venom, it tried to bite me, but I managed to avoid its mouth easily. But... Its poison hit me lightly.

My poison resistance skill was working, and I wasn't losing HP.

'Why don't I seem to have 20,000 speed?!!!!!!!'

I didn't have time to rest. The snake's tail came towards me again, but this time, I jumped and managed to avoid its attack. I was practically flying. Everything seemed to be in slow motion.

'What do I do? Should I focus on its head?'

I didn't know what else to do, so I used my fire magic to create one fireball after another.

The snake began to move around the room while avoiding my fireballs and then lunged towards me. Its sharp teeth were in front of me before I knew it, but I avoided them again.

Then, I threw my web towards the ceiling and swung across the room.

I landed on the floor and stared at the snake.

'I can't hit this thing even though my speed is 20,000. Something strange is happening.'

Even though this battle lasted only a few seconds, my SP had dropped a lot.

190/350

Honestly, fuck it.

'I'm going to kill you no matter what!'

####

*Change of POV*

Kumoko had just reached level five when she was suddenly surprised by something.

'Humans!'

However, the humans who appeared were strange. Kumoko noticed that one of them was missing one of his arms, and one was missing part of his head. 'Are they zombies or what?!'

Kumoko got scared and hid.

But to Kumoko's relief, the humans had already seen her and realized she was stronger than them. Walking like zombies, the men turned and left in search of weak monsters.

'WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!' Kumoko shouted.

####

Chapter 27 - I almost died.
I stared at the snake for a few more seconds and advanced towards it. I hit it this time, but my attack did less damage than I had hoped. The snake managed to avoid the attack hitting its head, so I hit its body.

But even though I hit its body, the damage wasn't significant.

A relatively deep cut had appeared, but the snake's HP had hardly decreased, and it was already starting to regenerate HP.

HP 3.654/3.994

'Damn, can I poison it?' I avoided going for its head and went straight for the snake's tail. Then I bit with all my might and pierced its skin.

My fangs invaded its body, and my poison was injected.

The snake, which didn't seem to care much about the poison, attacked me but missed the attack and hit the rocks. 'I don't know if it had any effect, but it must be working.'

SP 120/350

'But my SP is running out. I have to finish this.' I started running and biting the snake on various parts of its body. I'm causing damage.

Even though its defense is high, it's not enough to stop me.

However, I'm running out of time.

80/350

My SP was reaching a critical state and didn't look like the snake would give up so easily. Its HP was still above 1,000 even though its body was all wounded. That's hell.

Honestly, DIE SOON, YOU FUCKING SNAKE!

Losing my mind, I faced the snake head-on and started swinging my eight legs, trying to hit it however I could. I didn't know how to devise a strategy that would work... I will use brute force!

'DIE, DIE, DIE!' I made several deep cuts on the snake's body, including its face. Its left eye is destroyed.

SP 20/350

Damn!

My body was too heavy. I was getting very close to my limit. If my SP reaches zero, I'm going to die.

And then, as the snake came towards me, taking advantage of my tiredness, I saw a stone flying towards it, hitting the snake directly in the right eye. Although it wasn't a strong attack, the snake felt it.

I looked over and saw the two monkeys holding stones in their hands.

'My children...' My eight eyes filled with tears.

They continued throwing stones and encouraged me to continue my attacks. I continued to slash and slash until its HP, which was already below 1,000, began to drop rapidly.

And then...

BOOM~~

The snake's tail swung violently, heading straight for my two little monkeys. Their bodies, which didn't have much defense, were pressed against the wall by the snake. They died.

The snake was almost blind, but it was still able to kill them.

And that was the reason for my fit of rage. I'll make this snake suffer.

SP 10/350

I cut its mouth, making it squirm in pain, and then I moved closer.

Now...

'Fireball. Fireball. Fireball.' I began to throw several fireballs into its mouth, causing the snake to be cooked from the inside out as it agonized in pain. 'That's for killing my little monkeys!'

I screamed in my mind as my MP was quickly drained, along with the snake's HP.

[ "Fire Magic LV3" became "Fire Magic LV4" ]

And then.

BOOM~~

The snake's large body collapsed. It's dead.

And me? I'm almost dead.

SP 2/350

Although my HP is almost full, my SP is at its limit. I immediately deactivated the editing skill and completely lost the strength in my body. As I didn't level up, I didn't recover.

'Damn...' Then, I lost consciousness next to the snake's body.

####

When I woke up, my body felt heavy. I couldn't even walk properly. I opened my Status to take a look at my situation.

SP 30/350

It's still too low.

'I should find somewhere to rest...' I started to walk and went over to the monkeys. When I touched them, the message to change the Status of their bodies didn't appear. 'So I can only use their body once?

That sucks, I wanted to revive them. They helped me find this treasure.

I approached the snake again and touched it.

Elroe Baraggish LV25

'Change Status to alive.'

At my command, the snake's Status changed to alive. When it stood before me, I had to look up because of its size.

'It would be so nice if it continued with its skills...'

Hm? Wait, it kept some skills!

To my surprise, the snake had kept the skills [ Deadly Poison Attack LV10] and [ Stealth LV10 ]. They're excellent skills, that's great. All right, let's do the editing.

"Edit its SP to 30, attack to 30, and defense to 30.' It doesn't need speed. I want the snake to use its Stealth skill to get close to monsters and kill them. However, in this place, it will be difficult.

With only 10 HP, this snake will die with just one attack, even if its defense is 30.

'But I can't leave the snake here. I have to use its body somehow. You, come with me.'

We returned to the same place where I had met Kumoko. This place had already become my temporary "base." I'll stay here for a while longer.

'Right, you're staying here for now. I'll keep you here until I can increase your Status more.'

If I left its body to rot where I killed it, I might not be able to revive it afterwards. So it was good to revive it and bring it here. The problem is whether this snake will stay alive until my ability levels up.

'Well, I'll do my best to protect it.'

####

Chapter 28 - Ruler Skill.
Now, I should wait for the other monkeys to return. I hope they all return okay with the information I'm seeking. 'But just to make sure I find the middle of the labyrinth...'

I should get more monsters.

And that's what I did.

I went after monsters and got several of them, 20 in total. Most were monkeys; the number of these guys is frightening; they seem to be everywhere and always hang out in groups.

'Right, find the middle of the labyrinth.' The various monsters left, and I returned to the snake side.

After that, I opened my system.

'What about buying one of the Seven Deadly Sins skills? Do I have enough points?'

I searched for the skills and found them. To my surprise, they weren't that expensive, each costing 1,000 points. But... I don't have 1,000 points. I need to level up a few more times.

'Leveling up slowly is bad because of that. I need more points to buy skills.'

Anyway, the cooldown will end soon so I can edit another skill. I will take one of the Seven Deadly Sins skills when the cooldown ends. I want to see what happens.

'The big problem is that I won't be able to keep the Seven Deadly Sins skills without buying it...' The skill will probably disappear when I deactivate the editing to edit another skill.

But I'll probably get the titles related to the skills... That may make the skills not disappear.

I'll know when the time comes.

Now, I will visit the surface of the labyrinth one more time and build up my army a bit.

####

After increasing my army by 20, I went down again and would now rest until the cooldown was over. There's still a little over 6 hours.

'What should I do? Kill monsters?'

No, I'm still feeling exhausted. Even though my SP had almost completely recovered, my body was still heavy and even a little sore.

Seriously, I overdid it.

'Editing three statuses to 20,000 was over the top. My Status didn't even seem to be at 20,000. It felt like I had a limiter holding me back.'

'All right, system, I won't raise three statuses to 20,000 for now, ~~.'

Now, let's rest until the cooldown is over.

'Hey, you, giant snake, can you stop staring at me like that? It's uncomfortable.' Even without one eye, his gaze was still awkward. 'Thank you.'

####

'Finally!'

The cooldown was finally over! I can test a Seven Deadly Sins skill!

And, of course, the skill I want is the [ Pride ] skill. It's the best skill for me right now.

But before that, let's talk about the [ Dimensional Maneuvering ] skill I got using my ability to edit skills.

It's no longer here. It's disappeared.

If I had taken the tier 1 version of the skill and put it at level 10, I would have unlocked the [ Dimensional Maneuvering ] skill... And it would have remained in my Status. But I didn't because I needed the skill at the maximum level.

Next time, I'll get the [ Spatial Maneuvering ] skill to unlock [ Dimensional Maneuvering ] and keep it in my Status.

And now, let's get back to what matters.

'Let's edit the skill I use the least... Hmmm... Edit the [ Poison Synthesis ] skill to [ Pride ]!'

[ Skill "Pride" has been learned ]

[ The requirements have been completed. The title "Ruler of Pride" has been acquired ]

'I've acquired the title!!! But will I be able to keep it?' Well, that doesn't matter now.'

About the title.

[ Increases MP, Magic, and resistance stats. +Correction to mental skill proficiencies. Grants ruling class privileges. ]

[ Causes the user to see others as "EXP." And become obsessed with becoming stronger. ]

'It's a good effect, really. But will it make that much difference to me? Well, I don't think so.'

But honestly, the title doesn't matter. What matters is the [ Pride ] skill, which will greatly help me. It's so good that I'll keep it for a while to level up.

[ Experience points and proficiency gain will greatly increase, along with improved growth capacity for every ability. ]

'This is so good it makes me want to cry!!!!"

And while I was waiting for the cooldown to end, I was able to rest. Now, I'll move on to continue leveling up. 'I'm sure I'll level up faster now!!! It's impossible not to level up quickly with this skill.'

I left the snake behind and started to search for strong monsters to kill.

'How convenient it would be if I met a dragon?

####

*Change of POV*

[ "Small Taratect LV5" became "Small Taratect LV6" ]

'Finally!!!!' Kumoko shouted happily. She had finally reached level 6, and the number of skills she possessed was also growing steadily.

'But it's taking too long. I feel like I'm not going to be able to level up again here...' Kumoko looked at the body in front of her and sighed. 'But who cares? It's time to eat.'

Kumoko picked up the toad's body and carried it to her house, which she had built a short while ago.

Once there, Kumoko could hear some strange sounds.

'It's those strange humans again!!!'

####

Chapter 29 - Level 5.
Kumoko was desperate, but she was soon saved by a monster that suddenly appeared. However, that monster was much worse than those humans. 'WHAT IS MY MOTHER DOING HERE?!'

For some reason, her mother had appeared.

A giant spider, much bigger than the black spider Kumoko had encountered earlier. Kumoko's body froze as her mother walked past her. 'Didn't she notice me?

That wasn't the case; the spider had noticed Kumoko's presence but only focused on the humans.

The strange aura of those humans caught her attention.

Kumoko heaved a sigh of relief.

'I must leave here before she decides to come after me.' Kumoko left her house, and the last thing she saw was the strange humans being killed by her mother. The humans tried to attack but couldn't even hit that giant spider once.

'My mom is so scary!' Kumoko hid in the middle of some rocks.

She decided to stay there and wait for her mother to disappear. However, much to Kumoko's despair, her mother appeared right next to her.

With her grotesque and disgusting appearance, the giant spider walked slowly past Kumoko.

Her eyes then moved to Kumoko's location, but the giant spider looked ahead again and continued walking. 'Did she ignore me? Did she realize I'm too weak and couldn't do anything against her?!'

Kumoko celebrated being so weak.

The conclusion Kumoko came to is that she is so weak that her mother doesn't care about her and wouldn't kill her.

Then, long minutes passed. Everything had fallen silent. Kumoko could no longer hear her mother's heavy footsteps or any other sound. 'I guess it's okay to leave now.'

Kumoko sneaked out of her hiding place and visited where the humans were.

'She didn't eat them.' Kumoko was surprised that her mother hadn't eaten those humans. Apparently, their meat wasn't good. Everything she bit into, she spat out. 'Urgh, that stinks.'

It was the smell of rotten meat.

'Wait, look, their bodies are rotten!' The bodies of those humans weren't like that before, but now that the giant spider had killed them, their bodies had started to rot rapidly.

Kumoko couldn't stand the smell, so she left the place.

'I feel like I'm going to throw up~~'

####

*Change of POV*

With my [ Pride ] skill, I'd even gotten a bit excited to keep killing monsters. I ran through the Lower Stratum of the labyrinth while killing any monsters I encountered.

Finjicote, Elroe Gastruch, Elroe Greshigard, Elroe Daznatch, Elroe Kohokoro, Elroe Randanel, Anogratch, Bagragratch, Elroe Utoeundo. I encountered all these monsters on my adventure. However, I didn't find a dragon.

'Shall we stop for a rest now?' I was in an unfamiliar place. I had night vision, so I can see everything... But I'm sure this place is even darker than the other areas around here.

I was practically in a deep hole. It was damp and even a little cold in this area.

I used my webbing and created a new home to rest in. It took longer than usual as my size had increased and my house needed to be big. I saved a bit of time by making a less secure house.

I climbed on the webs and sighed.

'Haaa~~ I haven't gone up a level yet. I wonder if my kids are okay.' I had just realized that it wouldn't take long for the edit I had made on my familiars to disappear.

The duration of the edit is 24 hours. The first familiars on the surface have been there for many hours.

'I'm sure they'll be killed soon.'

But even if they are killed, I don't think it will be a problem. My level didn't increase once, even while hunting with the [ Pride ] skill in my Status.

They must not have gained much experience for me.

'Huh?' Then I heard something crawling across the rocks. I thought it was another of those snakes that could give me a headache, but it was a different snake.

Elroe Baladorado LV7

Stats

HP 521
MP 180
SP 450

Offense: 476
Defense: 410
Magic: 120
Resistance: 410
Speed: 300

Skills

[ Poison Fang LV8 ] [ Dragon Scales LV3 ] [ Night Vision LV8 ] [ Heat Perception LV6 ] [ Poison Resistance LV7 ]

'It's big, but its's much weaker.' I watched the snake pass below me and then threw myself on top of it. I fell and easily cut the snake's body in half with my claws.

I'm sure it didn't even feel any pain.

[ "Urednik pajka LV4" became "Urednik pajka LV5" ]

[ Skill "Poison Attack LV 7" became "Poison Attack LV8" ]

[ Skill "Poison Resistance LV8" became "Poison Resistance LV9" ]

[ Skill "Intimidation LV2" became "Intimidation LV3" ]

[ Skill "Heavy Attack LV1" was learned ]

'Oh, I've leveled up! What's more, I got a new skill. Heavy Attack is good. I'll put it to good use!' Right, my Status is looking good now.

Urednik pajka LV5 (Phase 1)

Skill Points: 700

Nameless

HP 400
MP 400
SP 400
374/400

Average Offense Ability: 710
Average Defense Ability: 400
Average Magic Ability: 265
Average Resistance Ability: 425
Average Speed Ability: 2200

Stat & Ability Skills

[ HP Rapid Recovery LV4 ] [ SP Recovery Speed LV7 ]

Attack Skills

[ Poison Attack LV8 ] [ Poison Fang LV9 ] [ Heavy Attack LV1 (New) ]

Active Skills

[ Editing LV3 ] [ Thread Manipulation LV9 ] [ Cutting Thread LV4 ]

Perception Skills

[ Mana Perception LV7 ] [ Appraisal LV8 ]

Magic Skills

[ Fire Magic LV4 ] [ Poison Magic LV1 ]

Resistance Skills

[ Poison Resistance LV9 ] [ Pain Resistance LV6 ] [ Paralysis Resistance LV3 ] [ Petrification Resistance LV4 [ Acid Resistance LV7 ] [ Rot Resistance LV4 ] [ Faint Resistance LV3 ] [ Fear Resistance LV4 ]

Passive Skills

[ Edit+ LV2 ] [ Night Vision LV9 ] [ Intimidation LV3 ] [ Magic Power Operation LV4 ]

Other Skills

[ Pride ]

Some skills went up a level, and I didn't even notice...

'Oh, and I always forget my titles. But I only have three at the moment.'

Titles

[ Editor ] [ Ruler of Pride ] [ Poison Technique User ]

'Yes, yes, incredible. I wanted more titles, but it's been tough to get them. I want to get them more easily. They give some interesting bonuses.'

Right, right, what should I do now?

'Huh? Wait.'

[ Edited skills 1/2 ]

'Can I edit another skill? This was added after I reached level 5?!!! So my evolution has something to do with it!!!'

####

Next chapter the mini-arc of reuniting with Kumoko begins xD

Chapter 30 - Help that spider.
'Right, right, what do I do?~~' I didn't expect it. I thought it would take much longer for me to free up another skill "slot." Should I get another seven deadly sins skill?

I want the titles... But I probably won't be able to keep the skills.

'I almost died from lack of SP before. I should do it...' So, I asked the system to raise the skill [ SP Recovery Speed LV7 ] to level 10. It probably wouldn't take long to get it to level 10, but hurrying things up is better.

[ Edit applied ]

[ The skill "SP Rapid Recovery LV1" has been learned ]

'Yes, that's it! Now I won't have any problems with my SP(sure)... It will regenerate faster now.'

After editing the skill, I took another look.

[ Edited skills 2/2 ]

So, I noticed the cooldown had gone up to 24 hours. 'I thought the two " skill slots" would have a different cooldown, but that's not the case.'

It's worse than I thought...

If I remove the two edits I've made, I won't be able to fill both slots at once with two new edits. I'll have to edit one skill, wait 24 hours, and then edit another.

'Right, now shall we go back?' I thought about returning to my "home," but then I remembered that I could no longer teleport. I immediately regretted having spent the edition on the SP recovery skill.

I removed the edition and freed up a slot, but the cooldown was still over 23 hours...

'I hope there comes a time when this cooldown decreases...'

####

While I waited for the cooldown to end, I continued walking for long kilometers and killed a few more monsters. However, I didn't find strong monsters that could give me much experience.

As well as killing monsters, I also trained my magic skill. My [ Fire Magic ] skill had finally reached level 5, and I could already see the difference in its strength.

I was doing a lot more damage now.

I found a monster and threw the fireball at it to test my magic. The fireball, which had significantly increased, blew up half the monster's body.

The [ Magic Power Operation LV3 ] skill also increased and became level 4. Oh, and the [ Intimidation ] skill also became level 4.

I've already started to feel the difference. My skills are leveling up more quickly.

'After my new evolution, my level is going up more slowly, but my skills are leveling up much more easily. It doesn't make much sense considering how the original novel works...'

I'm curious if my system is the same as Kumoko's.

'Well, if D didn't manage to mess with my System... It probably isn't.'

I still don't know what the main differences are, but I see a lot of similarities. The name of the skills, their levels, the tier of the skills, the store, and the statuses. It's all very similar.

The only difference is the speed at which I level up my skills and my level.

Oh, and the number of skills I get is lower than it should be. For my current level, I should have many more skills, twice as many skills as I have now... I think.

'I hadn't questioned the system's origin before, but now I feel puzzled...'

If D didn't create it, who did? Seriously, that's scary.

And while I was thinking that...

A portal suddenly appeared next to me. I was startled and jumped away. And out of the portal came a cell phone. Yes, just a cell phone. I thought Güliedistodiez would appear, but that wasn't the case.

I thought I'd become the protagonist and what happened to Kumoko would happen to me...

But why did D is doing it? Didn't she come here before to talk to me? What a lazy god.

I approached the cell phone.

"Hey, hey, can you hear me, giant spider?"

'Yes, what do you want? Are you going to try to kill me again?'

"No, I don't have time for that. I'd like you to go and help that little spider. She got herself into a bit of trouble."

'What do you mean?'

"You'll know when you get there. And after you've helped her, we'll talk again. Good luck."

'Hey, can you at least explain what's going on?'

"Hmmm... No, I want you to be surprised." I could sense that D was smiling for some reason.

And then, before I could say anything else to D, a portal appeared.

"Come in and have fun."

Feeling uneasy, I let out a sigh.

'You'd better reward me when this is over.' I'm only doing this because it is Kumoko, anyway.

Suddenly, I let my "fan" side of Kumoko come out. If she's in trouble, I, as a fan, should help her!

So, I entered the portal. When I came out on the other side, I was in a slightly wider place than the one I was in before. There was much more room for me to move around. 'There's no one here.'

Does Kumoko really need help? Has D set a trap for me?

'No, D isn't the kind of character who would do it. It would be out of character for her to do something like this.'

BOOM~~

BOOM~~

And then, I started to hear some sounds like explosions.

####

Chapter 31 - Queen Taratect.
*Change of POV*

Some time before.

[ "Small Taratect LV6" became "Small Taratect LV7" ]

'Finally!!!'

Along with Kumoko's leveling up, some skills went up a level.

[ "HP Auto-Recovery LV3" became "HP Auto-Recovery LV4" ]

[ "Strength LV3" became "Strength LV4" ]

[ "Concentration LV2" became "Concentration LV3" ]

In addition to these skills, a few others went up a level. Kumoko's eyes sparkled with excitement, and she began to hum with happiness as she walked through the maze.

'Why do I feel like something is going to happen at any moment?' Kumoko thought. And after walking for a few more minutes, what Kumoko was feeling finally decided to come out. It was one of her worst nightmares.

'WAAAAAAAAA~~' Kumoko screamed and hid.

'It's her, it's my mother! Why is she still here?' Kumoko was terrified but tried to remain calm.

[ "Fear Resistance LV2" became "Fear Resistance LV3" ]

'Damn it, damn it, what do I do? Should I run?' Kumoko had hidden among some rocks again, but suddenly.

BOOM~~

Her mother broke the rocks she was hiding under.

"URGH!" Because she didn't have a high level of pain resistance, Kumoko felt severe pain in her two hind legs, which the stones had crushed. Her hiding place was discovered as well.

It was never a hiding place in the first place. Kumoko's mother already knew where she was, but this time, she attacked her for some reason.

'I thought she would keep ignoring me because I'm weak! But I was wrong! What do I do?' Kumoko kept running and entered a narrow path her mother couldn't reach.

However, it was an endless path. There was a wall that Kumoko couldn't break through. In other words, if her mother managed to reach her, she would be killed for sure.

'Why don't you leave me alone? Em? Did I do something to you?' Kumoko screamed. 'I'm still not ready to die~~' Kumoko's fear grew even more, but...

[ "Fear Resistance LV3" became "Fear Resistance LV4" ]

'That's great. I feel a bit better now! Right, I've got to do something... Nai waaa~~ It's impossible. I won't be able to escape. The only thing I can do is stay here and wait for her to give up.'

But....

BOOM~~

BOOM~~

'WHAT?! IS SHE TRYING TO BREAK THROUGH THE LABYRINTH WALLS?!' Kumoko screamed in despair. She brought her legs to her head and wailed. 'I'm dead. No, I can't die here!'

Just as Kumoko had started to think of a plan to get out of there, she caught sight of one of her mother's eyes at the entrance to the hole/path.

Queen Taratect LV89

Skill Points: 164,500

Stats

HP 24,557
MP 22,301
SP 23,097

Offense: 24,439
Defense: 24,286
Magic: 21,997
Resistance: 21,946
Speed: 24,400

When Kumoko saw her mother's Status, as well as some of the skills she had, her body was petrified.

'There's no escape!!!!" She shouted.

And then, to her surprise.

Punch~~

The sound of something punching a hard something could be heard. At the same time, Kumoko could listen to her mother making a strange sound and moving away from the hole she was hiding in.

At that moment, Kumoko knew she would be saved.

####

When I started to hear those strange sounds, I immediately became apprehensive.

'System, increase my strength and agility to 20,000!' This time, I was careful not to raise three statuses to 20,000. That would be a problem.

I arrived at the location of the sounds in no time.

However, when I got there, I was paralyzed for a moment.

'It's her...' I was finally feeling afraid of something after a long time. My body shook even though my [ Fear Resistance LV4 ] skill was level 4. It was a dread I couldn't put into words.

What should I do? Should I do it?

Then I noticed a hole in the wall where my mother was hitting with her big legs. She was cracking the wall little by little.

'Is Kumoko hiding in there? Why is our mother so intent on killing her? My God, I have to do something.'

I decided to attack with my strength and agility at 20,000. This time, I'm without limitations.

[ "Fear Resistence LV4" became "Fear Resistence LV5" ]

So I hit my mother with all my legs at once.

Her body was hefty, but I still managed to do some damage. My mother's HP dropped a little, and she flew away. However, she landed on her feet, not seeming to feel my attack very much.

The minor damage I had caused had already started to regenerate.

'Damn!' And then, my mother ran towards me.

Her heavy footsteps cracked the ground, and I barely had time to react. 'System, edit my agility to 30,000!' Fuck it, I at least have to be faster than it to avoid getting hit.

[ Edit applied! ]

My SP soon began to drain a little faster. It wasn't as bad as last time, but it is going down quicker than before.

'I need to let Kumoko know I'm here. I need her to run away while I keep this monster busy.'

My mother is much, much bigger than me.

I already thought I was big, but this thing is colossal.

'As I haven't edited my defense, I'll be killed instantly if I'm hit once. There's also the Puppets. I must get Kumoko out of here quickly before it's too late.'

If those things surround me, I'll die for sure.

'She's coming!' Then I was attacked again. For some reason, my mother is only using physical attacks. I guess she's thinking only her strength needed to finish me off.

Does she think I'm so weak she doesn't need to use her skills?

'Come to me.' I swung my legs towards my mother. As soon as she comes to me, I'll run to where Kumoko is at high speed and take her away from here.

####

Chapter 32 - How can I get away from this?
*Change of POV*

Sitting on a comfortable sofa, the woman smiled as she watched the giant spider hit Queen Taratect with all his might. Watching the spider fight for his life was amusing.

But it still wasn't enough for her.

"He'll probably manage to escape..." The woman said in a low voice. She watched everything intently.

Then, suddenly, the giant spider got even faster, surpassing Queen Taratect's speed.

The woman already knew what he could do because of his previous fight against a giant snake.

He could change his strength, agility, defense, and magic. It could make everything as it pleased...

This made the smile on the woman's face grow.

"Why didn't I think of a skill like that before? This could be fun."

The woman stood up and picked up a cup of tea.

"I wonder what he's going to do now?"

The giant spider was staring at Queen Taratect. Then, the two of them ran towards each other.

####

*Change of POV*

Queen Taratect ran towards me. Then I ran forward, too.

We approached each other instantly. And then... I dodged the only attack she made and passed to her right, passed between her and the wall.

She realized my goal, so she started to act. I have to do this quickly.

I reached the hole where Kumoko was and...

'She's here!' To my surprise, Kumoko was near the exit. She looked at me, and I gestured for her to leave quickly. However, she didn't understand me and walked back slowly.

And then...

I felt a chill run down my "spine" and started running. My mother was right behind me.

I have to take her somewhere further away. So I kept running. I don't know how long I ran, but it was for a few kilometers.

My mother continued to follow me as she crashed into the labyrinth's walls and made everything shake.

'This giant monster!'

And then she lost patience.

I felt something dangerous coming.

And then a magic was coming in my direction.

'Shit!' I managed to avoid it narrowly. It was black magic that I couldn't decipher what it was. It crashed into the labyrinth wall and caused a lot of damage. I would be killed.

Having a low defense makes me angry!!!!

'Right, I'm being stupid here. System, deactivate the edit I made to my strenght and put it to my defense.'

Now, I can finally stay calm.

But even with my defense at 20,000, I'll probably take some damage since all my mother's Stats are above 20,000, so I must be careful.

'I should go back now.'

I'd gone far enough.

'But...'

204/400

'What? Why is my SP so low? Not again...' I could end up fainting again, so I have to be fast.

I ran along some paths inaccessible to my mother and then back to the main path. I found Kumoko getting ready to escape when I got there.

'Quick, come here!' I gestured for her to come closer.

Kumoko initially didn't understand, so I started pointing to my back. Kumoko seemed to understand this time, so she came closer, and I picked her up and put her on my back.

Yes, I was serving as a mount for her.

With my two front legs, I held Kumoko so she wouldn't fly off and started running. Even with only three legs available on each side of my body, I'm managing to run fast.

'Please don't come here.'

To my despair, what I feared most occurred.

Suddenly.

BOOM~~

My mother appeared right behind me and started chasing us.

'WHAT THE FUCK!!! SHE HAS THE ABILITY TO TELEPORT!!! I FORGOT ABOUT IT!'

Kumoko, in my back, panicked, but I used my paw to stroke her head as I continued to run.

146/400

'Fuck! System!' So I deactivated the edit I'd made to my speed for just a second and then edited it again, but this time to 30,000. But even though it took me a second, it was enough for me to be hit by my mother.

I turned to face her so that Kumoko wouldn't get hit.

My mother managed to hit me with one of her legs. Fortunately, she didn't use poison or any other magic.

I flew away, grabbed Kumoko, and protected her with my legs. I then crashed into the wall of the labyrinth.

HP 145/400

'This is the first time I've lost so much life.'

[ "Fear Resistence LV5" became "Fear Resistence LV6" ]

'Damn!' I looked at my mother and then noticed something dangerous coming towards us.

I couldn't tell what this was, but I knew I would be killed. My defense didn't matter. I'd be killed for sure.

So I threw Kumoko away and tried to run, but I was hit by the magic anyway. As soon as I was hit, I felt an intense pain throughout my body. I'm going to die!

It was as if my soul was shattering. No injuries were caused, but I feel much pain.

'Wait, that's it, Heretic Magic!' My soul is going to be destroyed? Are you kidding me?

I began to despair for a few seconds but to my relief.

The pain disappeared completely.

'What is it? Was it a hallucination or something?'

Before I had time to think about what was happening, my mother approached again, but this time, I managed to avoid her attack. I realized that Kumoko had already fled. Thank god!

'I hope you don't go after Kumoko after killing me.'

Seriously, I didn't see how I could escape from this thing.

HP 148/400

SP 84/400

'I think i'm fucked.'

Chapter 33 - Just leave me alone.
I continued to run, my speed now at 30,000, and I managed to escape from my mother. However, my SP was already reaching its limit, just like last time.

Seriously, I want to get the skill to edit my SP.

My body is heavy, and I feel like I'm going to pass out at any moment.

So I stopped running.

'Damn, why did I spend the second Slot?! If I'd saved it, I could teleport away from here or hide my presence somehow!!!!'

Seriously, I feel like slapping myself in the face.

Having stopped running, I deactivated my edits and ducked into a tight place to hide.

'How far did I get from her? A few kilometers? I'll be found if she gets anywhere near this place.'

I'd forgotten entirely how absurd this thing is.

But if she shows up here, I'll have to face her somehow, even if it means having my body destroyed.

'My SP is slowly regenerating, but I feel like I'm going to lose consciousness...'

I have to stay awake. I can't pass out now.

My HP has also regenerated a lot. I can handle it.

'Did any skills level up? Oh... only the skill [ Fear Resistance ] leveled up... Was I that scared?'

Well, it's normal to be afraid of death...

I let out a long sigh and closed all my eyes. I shouldn't sleep, but I want to get some rest...

BOOM~~

'ARE YOU KIDDING ME? THIS THING WON'T LET ME REST FOR A SECOND!'

It's her, she's here.

'WHY DON'T YOU LEAVE ME ALONE?! FUCK!!!!'

####

*Change of POV*

Some time before.

'What the hell is going on?' Kumoko thought as she heard loud sounds from the outside of the hideout. It was a sound like explosions. Kumoko then crept outside to take a look.

When she got there, she found something she hadn't expected.

'It's the giant black spider!' The giant spider made strange gestures, but Kumoko moved away.

And suddenly.

'WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA' Her mother suddenly attacked the black spider. However, the black spider began to run. It was fast, very fast. 'How could that thing be so strong?!!'

Kumoko remembers seeing the black spider's Status, which wasn't that high. It shouldn't be that fast.

Kumoko decided to hide for a while longer, maybe a few minutes. And after she thought everything was calm and decided to come out... The spider was there again.

The black spider was looking directly at her and started gesturing again.

'Is it wanting me to get on they back so we can run away together?'

Kumoko had finally understood the situation. So she did as the spider asked and was placed on the spider's back. The spider held Kumoko and started to run.

Everything seemed fine until...

'WAAAAAAAAAAAA, MY MOTHER IS HERE, SHE'S HERE!' Kumoko saw her mother suddenly appear, and she panicked.

'LET ME GO! LET ME GO! I'M GOING TO DIE!'

Then, the spider stopped for just a second.

Kumoko couldn't quite understand what was happening, but the next thing she knew, she was being thrown away along with the giant spider. She was hugged, and then the impact occurred.

'Urgh!' Kumoko, already missing two legs, felt the impact and lost more HP.

'Damn it, damn it, I'm going to die, I'm going to die!' Kumoko screamed in despair as she saw her mother preparing for a deadly attack. But suddenly. 'Huh?' Kumoko was thrown away.

'Uah!' She fell to the ground and rolled. Then she looked at where the black spider was and saw it writhing in pain.

'I'm sorry, but I don't want to die!' Unashamed of leaving her "friend" to die, Kumoko began to run away.

After running for a long time, she hid again to recover. In her hiding place, Kumoko began to think about what had just happened. She believed the spider was already dead because of the strange woman who had appeared and made it disappear.

But it's alive.

'What's more, it's stronger than before! That spider managed to fight off my mother! Even if it is being killed~~'

Kumoko heaved a sigh of relief.

####

*Change of POV*

I finally decided to make my last move. I could end up dead, but who cares? Whether I die or not doesn't matter!

As long as I can keep Kumoko safe, I'll do anything!

'System, disable all my edits and put 100,000 in strength and 100,000 in defense!'

[ Limit exceeded ]

'Are you kidding me... Now you're giving me a warning?!!! You fucking system!'

Then, the giant spider prepared to attack. I would be killed.

'Put 100,000 only on defense!'

[ The user's body is being overloaded. Changes being applied. ]

'Shit!'

Then, I was hit directly. When I was hit, however, I didn't feel any pain. I wasn't hurt. However, my SP finally started to approach 0.

4/400

My vision went dark, and I lost consciousness in the middle of the battle against my mother.

Chapter 34 - Kumoko, come with me.
'Hm?' My eyes slowly opened. I didn't know where I was, but I was still inside the labyrinth. 'What the hell happened? Am I alive? I can't believe I managed to survive!'

[ "HP Rapid Recovery LV4" became "HP Rapid Recovery LV5" ]

[ "SP Rapid Recovery LV1" became "SP Rapid Recovery LV2" ]

[ "SP Rapid Recovery LV 2" became "SP Rapid Recovery LV 3" ]

'My skills have gone up. That's great.'

[ "Night Vision LV9" became "Night Vision LV10" ]

[ The skill "Vision Expansion" has been learned ]

'Ooohh!!! That's great. But apart from that, no other skills have risen in level. Right, where am I?'

From the surroundings, I'm close to the area I was running away from my mother. What happened? Did D save me, or was it someone else? The 100,000 defense may have saved me.

Well, the important thing is that I'm alive.

'Huh?'

And then, as I was walking, I came across something I hadn't expected. Yes, it was her, Kumoko.

I saw her fighting a monster... It was one of those disgusting toads. She managed to kill it easily and seemed very happy; she hadn't detected my presence yet. I slowly approached her.

As soon as she saw me, Kumoko jumped away and raised her legs, getting into a fighting stance.

'Calm down, calm down, it's me.'

Then, I started using my claw to write on the wall.

[ I woke up nearby. I don't know how I got here. ]

Kumoko tilted her head, trying to understand what was written. She understood and nodded. Then she started gesturing for me to follow her, and I did.

We arrived at a place that seemed to be her home. There were several monsters stored there, probably to eat.

She started pointing at the monsters.

'Does she want me to eat or something?'

I started shaking my legs, refusing. I'm not hungry. Right, what do I do now? Will D be annoyed if I stay with Kumoko?

Well, she can't kill me directly anyway.

'But I'm still afraid she'll send the Queen Taratect. That would suck.'

Right, let's do it.

Using my claw, I wrote on the wall.

[ Do you want to come with me? I can help you. ]

When Kumoko read, I could see that she was worried. However, she nodded, confirming that she would come with me. Didn't she take that very easily?

Well, I helped her "escape," maybe she'll trust me a bit more...

Why "escape"? Because Queen Taratect can see where she is when she wants. I think our mother just gave up~~

I'll be honest: our mother could have killed Kumoko whenever she wanted. She was only playing with us. I wonder what was going on...

'Right, get on my back.'

With Kumoko on my back, I moved forward to find my way into the labyrinth's depths again. I looked at the cooldown and realized three hours were still left before I could edit a new skill.

I was "asleep" for a long time.

I'm lucky I didn't get killed, as I was in an exposed place.

####

Two hours passed. We stopped a few times, and I watched Kumoko kill some monsters. I let her kill the monsters to get some experience points, and then I revived the monsters.

When I revived a monster for the first time, Kumoko got quite scared. I explained to her how everything worked.

It wasn't easy to explain, and she didn't understand very well, but that's enough.

I had gathered an army of 20 monsters. Whenever I revived a new monster, I edited its Status and sent it on a hunt.

Kumoko seemed to like how I gave orders to all these monsters.

And then, finally.

'We're here. It's the hole.'

Kumoko was still on my back. She was scared.

'Don't worry.'

I threw myself into the hole without caring after editing my defense to 20,000. Of course, I used my web just like last time because I could take some damage if I jumped straight to the bottom.

And then we reached the bottom.

There was no monster here.

'It's not the same place where I killed the Finjicotes.' The empty nest had disappeared, and so had all the bodies. Either this isn't the same place, or they've been eaten or decomposed. Well, it doesn't matter.

'Let's move on, let's get to my house. '

I wrote [ Home ] on the wall and pointed in a direction.

Kumoko agreed, and we moved on. I don't know how much time had passed, but the cooldown was over when we reached my house.

And when we got there...

Kumoko was terrified by the large snake that awaited us.

'So you're still alive!!!' I smiled happily. The snake lowered itself to me, and I stroked its head. Kumoko looked surprised as she watched me stroke the snake's head as if it were no big deal.

I gestured for Kumoko to come closer, and she slowly approached.

'Hey, let her touch you, don't do anything stupid. She can kill you.' I laughed internally, and Kumoko managed to touch the snake's head. I noticed that Kumoko's eyes were shining.

I didn't think this would be so amazing for her.

'Right, right. What do I do?' I said I'd help her, but it's difficult. I think the simplest thing to do now is to bring monsters for her to kill and gain experience. But how should I do that?

In the meantime, I also need to farm some experience.

'Right, I've got an idea of what to do.'

####

Link:patreon

Chapter 35 - Helping Kumoko evolve.
'System, edit my skill [ Rot Resistance LV4] to [ Lust ].' The system did as I asked. Now, I have two skills edited.

[ Skill "Lust" has been learned ]

[ The requirements have been completed. The title "Ruler of Lust" has been acquired ]

'Now I have the [ Pride ] and the [ Lust ] skills. But why did I get the [ Lust ] skill? This is an easy way to help Kumoko achieve her evolution.'

Just bringing the monsters here and putting them in front of her for her to kill would be complicated, so it's easier to use the [ Lust ] skill to brainwash them so they don't do anything.

I know it uses up a lot of MP, but who cares?

'Kumoko, I'm going to get some monsters, okay?' I wrote on the wall. Seriously, our communication sucks. Should I deactivate the [ Pride ] skill and get a communication skill or something?

But anyway, I need to wait 24 hours...

Then Kumoko approached me and pointed to my back.

'Do you want to come with me?' I wrote somewhere else, and she nodded. Well, I guess it's all right. I'm not going to let her get hurt anyway.

I'm going to be very careful.

Leaving her alone here would be more dangerous than taking her with me.

'Right, let's go.'

Kumoko climbed onto my back, and I advanced into the depths of the labyrinth.

I used Appraisal on Kumoko earlier, and she's at level 7. It shouldn't be long before she reaches level 10.

####

Some time passed before we encountered the first monsters. And again, it was those damn monkeys. Kumoko hadn't seen them before, so she was worried, but I calmed her down.

'It's okay, I'll take care of it.'

I took Kumoko off my back and put her on the ground. She then moved away.

'Let's have some fun. Unfortunately, I can't kill you.'

Slash~~

Slash~~

With my claws, I started ripping the legs off all the monkeys approaching me. And after doing so, I was sticking their bodies to the ground with webbing. Moreover, I used my [ Lust ] skill to make them practically zombies.

My MP was drained madly.

I did this to a total of 8 of them.

'Come on.' I signaled for Kumoko to approach.

Some of the monkeys were close to level 10.

'Kill them.' I pointed at their heads. I could see that the monkeys were scared, but I didn't care. Kumoko then bit the monkeys without caring and used her poison to take the rest of their HP.

And then, after killing all the monkeys, her level went up once.

'Won't this be easier than I expected?'

After we've finished, I'll take her home so that she can make her evolution safely.

####

A few hours passed before everything was finished. It was easy for Kumoko, as her job was to do the final attack. I would like to know if I gain any experience from this too.

Finally, Kumoko had reached level 10.

'What should I do? Should I tell her which path of evolution she followed in the novel?'

I was afraid that something might change, but I decided not to say anything. I don't think anything will change, and she'll follow the same path of evolution.

And then we got home.

'Right, you can evolve now.'

I gestured to her. She didn't understand but soon started building her house just above mine. She was much faster than me. So that's how an experienced spider uses her web. That's amazing.

With her house finished, I watched Kumoko intently analyze her evolution paths.

I smiled internally.

'How can a monster be so cute?

And then, Kumoko finally slept for her evolution to take place.

'Should I get some sleep too?' But I'm not tired after sleeping for so long. I think I will wait for Kumoko to wake up.

####

Some time passed, and Kumoko finally woke up. I quickly noticed the changes in her body, mainly because of the little red orbs all over her body. I confess she was cuter before.

Kumoko seemed happy with her new evolution.

She started trying to say something to me, but I couldn't understand.

'Hmmm.... What should I do now? I've brought Kumoko to stay by my side, but I can't only keep helping her farm XP. I also need to evolve.'

Well, we can do that together... But she can't take on the monsters I can. If I suddenly confront a dragon, I'm sure Kumoko will eventually be killed.

Even though I'm confident I can protect her, I'm still...

'But now that I've brought her, I can't abandon her. Besides, as I said before, I wanted to go on an adventure with her. She's a character I like.'

And if we split up, I don't know when we'll be able to meet again.

'I'll have to keep leveling up while I help her.'

There will come a time when Kumoko can survive alone in this place.

'Shall we kill some monsters?' I wrote on the rocks.

There were already things written everywhere.

Kumoko nodded. She was excited to continue leveling up after her evolution. 'I understand this feeling, Kumoko!!! I'm so looking forward to reaching level 20!'

But I won't get there for another 100 chapters at this rate.

That sucks.

[ "Urednik pajka LV5" became "Urednik pajka LV6" ]

[ Condition satisfied. Acquired title "Monster Slayer". ]

[ Acquired skills [Strength LV1] [Solidity LV1] as a result of title "Monster Slayer" ]

?????????????

'What the hell happened?' I suddenly leveled up and gained two skills. I even got a title.

Wait, is it because of them? What happened there while I was helping Kumoko?

####

Link:patreon

Chapter 36 - Intelligent monsters.
*Change of POV*

A group of young people with at least ten members was walking slowly across the surface of the labyrinth. It was a young group, most of them under 30 years old.

There were five men and five women. Three men and one woman walked in front holding swords, two men and two women walked in the middle carrying spears, and at the back, a woman was holding a bow and another a staff.

It is a solid group.

However, fear could be seen on the faces of all the group members.

"Jame, can you feel anything?" A woman, who was walking ahead next to the man called Jame, asked. They were both wearing old, battered armor.

"I can sense something, but it only seems weak monsters." The man replied.

The woman sighed with relief, and all the group members followed suit.

And to their despair...

Another group was coming towards the human group.

This new group was made up of monsters that had just been revived and had a very low status, so low that a human could easily fight any of them.

However, the group was large, and that could be a problem.

All 20 monsters revived by the giant spider were walking together. They decided to walk together because the monsters knew this was the best thing to do.

At the front were Basilisks; in the middle, there were some centipedes and other monsters; and at the back, there were toads. There were seven toads in total. The group was mostly made up of them.

Monsters that had kept their only relevant ability: Throw poison at their enemies.

And then, the fateful meeting of the two groups took place.

It was a narrow area. The monsters realized that they were at a disadvantage because of the strength of the humans, but they were not afraid and continued to advance.

On the other hand, the group of humans needed more confidence.

"Jame, what are those things?! Should monsters walk together like that?" The woman asked, frightened. But the man couldn't answer. He knew it didn't make sense but had to stay calm.

He was the leader and started giving orders.

"Use magic and arrows. Let's go ahead and attack them. Spear users, give us cover, but be careful!" Some unpleasant accidents had happened in that group before because of the inattention of some members.

The man wanted everyone to concentrate.

But everyone was scared. It was an amateur group that shouldn't be in that place. They had virtually no combat experience, which meant they began to be injured by monsters inferior to them.

The monsters began to advance slowly, throwing the humans backwards and making them even more frightened.

Spits of poison came from the group of monsters and began to hit the humans one after the other.

"Aah, that hurts!"

"Damn, I feel like I'm going to die any second!"

"Arrgh"

The mage, who had already been hit, couldn't concentrate to cast a spell, and the archer couldn't find a good angle.

The humans with swords, who were in front, didn't have much experience, so even those monsters with no speed managed to avoid their attacks.

Something that shouldn't happen was happening.

The humans' HP gradually began to drop because of the poison and physical attacks of the monsters. The wounds caused by the monsters wouldn't stop bleeding.

The monsters also suffered some damage. Some of them had already died, but most of them were still alive.

"Jame, what should we do?" The woman asked. Her legs, arms, and neck were injured, and she had been poisoned. Some members started taking potions to recover, but there weren't enough for everyone.

"I don't know either! These monsters shouldn't be so strong!" The man shouted, frightened.

The remaining monsters stared at them and then advanced.

The man couldn't keep up with the monsters' strange movements. These monsters knew what they were doing. They seemed more intelligent than the monsters they had encountered before.

It was too strange.

And then, the first human died.

One of the spear users, who had continued to be poisoned again and again, fell to the ground, losing the last of his HP. Jame couldn't believe his eyes. Mere weak monsters were killing them.

Noticing the humans' fear and that they could no longer fight at full strength, the monsters on the front line advanced and continued to attack them, mainly in the neck.

Some of them had their carotid arteries cut and bled to death, and others had their eyes pierced. They could no longer see and died soon after.

The monsters knew what they were doing.

Jame saw his entire group begin to be slaughtered by weak monsters, and he didn't know what to do. It showed what a terrible leader he was. The last order he gave was "Run!".

Only four humans, still "healthy," started running after Jame to escape as quickly as possible.

The nine monsters out of the 20 that remained began to eat the bodies of the humans.

After eating some of their bodies and drinking blood, the monsters looked at each other and decided to move on as if nothing had happened.

A large amount of XP was generated.

####

Chapter 37 - Dragon pet.
I didn't know what was happening but knew my familiars had done something. That's good, that's wonderful! I had finally reached level 6 and was close to getting 1,000 points.

And when I got those points, I would buy the [ Pride ] skill permanently. Seriously, I'm looking forward to it.

I want to use the "slot" I'm using to keep it with another skill. I need lots of other skills...

I'd like... one to improve my skill gain and also a skill that allows me to steal skills.

If I'm correct, the [ Greed ] skill allows me to do something like that. But I'll have to check it out later.

'Right. Now, let's get on with our plan to kill some monsters. The problem is that there aren't many monsters to kill in this area.'

Kumoko was staring at me and waiting to know what I would do. I nodded to her and started running. Of course, I didn't use all my speed, as she might be unable to keep up with me.

But I was worrying too much. I forgot that Kumoko is very fast.

After running for a few minutes, I decided to take a different route that I hadn't taken before. 'Ah, it's true... My monkeys didn't find their way to the middle of the labyrinth. They didn't come back.'

From now on, I'll send all the monsters we kill to search for the middle layer of the labyrinth.

[ We'll keep going until we find a strong monster ]

Writing on the walls was becoming increasingly difficult and time-consuming, and the sentences were getting longer and longer. And it wasn't often that Kumoko managed to understand what I meant.

She tilted her head, confused.

[ keep going ]

I pointed to that part, and she nodded. Then we kept running until we bumped into a small group of monsters. I stepped back and let Kumoko take care of them.

She killed them all mainly using her poison.

Once they were dead, I approached them, changed all their statuses to [ Alive ], and ordered them to search for the middle of the labyrinth.

I started doing this with various monsters until we finally found something I wanted. 'Finally, a strong monster after all this time!' Yes, it is a dragon. But it's not Araba.

He was far away, so I couldn't see his status. But because of its appearance, I'm sure it's not him.

I looked at Kumoko, and she seemed a little worried.

[ Do you want to fight? ]

I asked.

Kumoko stared at me briefly, then scratched the ground with her leg.

[ YES ]

She's excited to fight! I should let her have some fun.

[ Okay. Be careful. ]

Kumoko pointed at [ YES ]. I smiled at her, and then we left our hiding place. As we got closer, I could finally use my Appraisal skill to see his Status.

And as I imagined, he's weaker than the others.

Earth Dragon LV16

Fuit

Stats

HP 2,898
MP 2,654
SP 2,198

In addition to his base Status, he had some abilities similar to those of Gehre and Kagna. He was like a mixture of the two, but his abilities were much weaker.

If I edited my Status to 20,000 and hit him, I could kill him easily.

'I should let Kumoko have some fun, though.' I looked at her, and although she was nervous, she seemed excited. Maybe she's only confident because I'm here with her. I'm sure if she were alone, she'd be scared.

And then, as Kumoko walked beside me, she suddenly hid behind me. Fuit turned to face us.

'Don't be scared.' I nudged her with one of my legs, and Kumoko gave me a few "punches" to leave her and concentrate on the battle.

'System, edit my strength and speed to 3,000.' I don't need to exaggerate.

When my Status was at 3,000, I ran toward the dragon. Fuit, who didn't think I would attack suddenly, tried to counterattack.

However, I managed to hit him. I punched him in the face and threw him back against the wall.

HP 1.434/2.898

'Opss~~' My attack turned out to be stronger than I expected. Even his defense and resistance couldn't help him.

Kumoko, who saw Fuit lying motionless on the ground, decided to make her move. I watched as she used her cobwebs to hold him to the ground.

When he was already trapped, Kumoko bit him, injecting her deadly poison into him.

'She's doing it~~~'

Fuit's HP was being drained rapidly. After the attack I gave him, he practically lost consciousness. I thought this dragon was a bit stronger.

'If I'm not mistaken, he's a young dragon, so it makes sense... But I didn't think it would be so easy. '

And then Fuit's HP reached 0.

When it reached 0, I used Appraisal on Kumoko and noticed she had gone up several levels with the dragon's death.

[ Great, let's continue. ]

But Kumoko refused to continue. She wanted to try that dragon's body.

But... I remembered something.

[ No, you can't do that. ]

I approached Fuit's body and changed his body's Status to [ Alive ]. Since I hadn't hurt its body, it was practically whole. It even looked like a dragon that had never been killed.

Earth Dragon LV16

Stats

HP 10
MP 0
SP 0

'It's a shame that all the stats have dropped so much... But fortunately, some skills have been kept. And some very good ones.'[ HP Rapid Recovery LV3 ]

[ Magic Power Operation LV2 ]

[ Earth Magic LV1 ]

[ Hard Armor LV2 ]

'They're all low-level, but there are a lot of them... That's wonderful. I should increase his life a bit. I don't want him to die quickly.'

I increased HP, SP, and strength to 30.

When the dragon roared in front of me, Kumoko hid behind me. I smiled, and then the dragon bent down to show it was submissive.

'Good boy.' I said to the dragon, and he looked happy. 'Come with us for now, but don't do anything. I don't want you dead.'

I didn't think getting a Pet dragon would be so easy. I hope to evolve him as soon as possible.

Chapter 38 - Ruler of Greed.
After spending a few more hours hunting, we built a house to rest in. Kumoko had gone up another level and was already at level 6. She was going to evolve in a little while.

Moreover, the number of skills she's gained is quite large. I can't compare myself to her. The number of skills I gained during this hunt was 0.

Ah, and I also noticed something extremely unpleasant.

Kumoko had gained a new title after killing the dragon, but I hadn't.

'I didn't win when I killed Gehre and Kagna, and I didn't win after participating in the battle against Fuit. This is...'

The title in question is:

[ Dragon Slayer ]

In addition to the title, Kumoko has received two new skills. [ Ultimate Life LV1 ] and [ Dragon Power LV1 ].

To be honest, they're not skills I want that much... But they would help me get stronger.

I'll get them at some point.

'Will I only win the title when I kill Araba? He's powerful, so it's possible.'

But now...

[ Are you hungry? ]

I wrote on the wall for Kumoko, and she nodded. Then she went off in search of something to eat. Knowing she could deal with the monsters nearby, I didn't follow her.

After a few minutes, Kumoko returned carrying three Elroe Randanel to eat. Kumoko was already preparing to eat when I offered to cook the meat a little with my fire magic.

She accepted my offer.

I cut the monsters into pieces with my claws and then roasted the meat with my fire magic. I was cautious not to burn the meat. And when Kumoko tried it... she didn't look very happy.

[ Bad. ]

She scratched the floor to tell me this.

'It's as expected...' Even if it's cooked, it's still a monster. If I remember correctly, the only monsters that taste good are the monsters in the middle layer of the labyrinth.

While watching Kumoko eat, the cooldown finally reached 0, and I can now edit a new skill. I removed the [ Lust ] skill and picked up the most helpful skill. The [ Greed ] skill.

The effect of the skill is:

[ Causes the user to randomly take stat values, skill points, and skills from slain opponents. ]

I think it's the strongest skill among all Seven Deadly Sins skills. I may be exaggerating, but that's what I think. It's a very stolen skill. It's like a hack.

And then...

[ Condition satisfied. Acquired title "Ruler of Greed" ]

'I've acquired a new title.'

However, I realized something disheartening. Now that I had deactivated the edit I made and the [ Lust ] skill had disappeared, the title [ Ruler of Lust ] had also disappeared along with the skill.

And I also remembered something after I saw the skills I received when I got the title [ Monster Slayer ].

I should gain some skills when I acquired the titles [ Ruler of Pride ], [ Ruler of Lust ], and [ Ruler of Greed ]. For example, I remember that when the user receives the title [ Ruler of Greed ], they should gain two skills

But I don't remember what they are.

'Well, it doesn't matter. The important thing is that I have the [ Greed ] skill.'

How should I test this?

'I should warn Kumoko and then go out hunting.'

[ Hunting ]

[ Skill points. ]

Kumoko read everything I wrote and agreed. She would stay in her comfortable house and rest while I hunted some monsters. And so, I began my adventure.

Unlike what I expected, there weren't many monsters around. I wonder how Kumoko managed to find those monsters so quickly.

'Right~~ Right~~ Where are you monsters?' I walked while looking around. I walked for almost two kilometers before I found my first enemies. This time, it wasn't monkeys.

I found two Elroe Greshigard walking together. I don't know how common this is, but it's the first time I've encountered two of these monsters walking together like this. And so, I approached.

I haven't edited my Status as it's unnecessary.

In an instant, the monsters had their bodies split in half by my claws.

And when I killed them.

[ The skill "Cutting Enhancement LV1" was learned ]

'I've already gained a new skill!' It wasn't a skill that would help me much, but it shows that the Greed skill is activated. Seriously, now I feel excited. And that's when my fun began.

I edited my speed and started running through the labyrinth, killing all the monsters I encountered.

Notifications and more notifications kept arriving, but I didn't care and just kept killing. I want more skill points, I want more status points, I want more skills.

The only thing I could think of at that moment was "Kill, kill, and kill." Keep killing these monsters is my goal.

I had even tired myself. I sighed and "sat down" on the ground to rest for a few minutes before returning to where Kumoko was.

And while I was resting.

[ "SP Rapid Recovery LV3" became "SP Rapid Recovery LV4" ]

'I hope this skill reaches level 10 soon.'

In addition to this skill, many things have changed in my Status. I was even startled when I looked at my number of skill points and new skills.

'The [ Greed ] skill was my best acquisition.'

Chapter 39 - Queen Taractect VS Dragon Araba?
If you're wondering what skills I stole, there weren't many. There wasn't much diversity here. All the monsters have similar abilities, such as poison resistance and poison attacks.

However, I got some interesting skills.

[ Rot Attack LV1 ]

[ Vision Enhancement LV1 ]

[ Throw LV1 ]

[ Cooperation LV1 ]

[ Leadership LV1 ]

These were all skills that I got. I only liked the skill [ Rot Attack LV1 ] because I needed new attack methods.

But two other skills interested me. [ Cooperation LV1 ] and [ Leadership LV1 ].

Isn't this the perfect time to acquire these skills? Now that I have my familiars. It may help me use them even better, but I don't know how this skill will affect my decisions.

It will probably warn me if I've made a wrong decision, like sending my army to meet its death.

'But it's true, I've never tried to command a battle. They're fighting on their own. I'll test my leadership skills soon.'

Cof~~ cof~~

Now, let's stop talking about skills. The important thing is this.

Urednik pajka LV6 (Phase 1)

Skill Points: 1,526

Nameless

HP 584
MP 531
SP 498

Average Offense Ability: 956

Average Defense Ability: 621
Average Magic Ability: 413
Average Resistance Ability: 531
Average Speed Ability: 2411

Yes, after killing a lot... A LOT of monsters, my stats and points went up.

How long did I spend killing monsters? I did it for hours. It's an excellent result, but it could have been much better. I'll keep the Greed skill with me for now.

Wait...

I deactivated my edit, and the [ Greed ] skill and the [ Ruler of Greed ] title disappeared.

However, soon afterwards...

[ The skill "Greed" has been learned ]

[ Condition satisfied. Acquired title "Ruler of Greed" ]

[ Acquired skills [ Conquest ] as a result of title "Ruler of Greed" ]

Yes, I bought the skill.

'But shouldn't there be another skill? Ah! It is the Appraisal skill, but I already have it at the maximum level.'

Well, that doesn't matter. The important thing is that I now have the Greed skill forever. And in addition to this skill, I also wanted one more.

[ Perseverance ]

I want the title [ Ruler of Perseverance ] and start collecting the "Evil Eyes," but I guess I'll have to wait a while.

But back to the Greed skill. Isn't it strange that I stole stats and skills? Isn't that what [ Conquest ] does?

I didn't get the skill after I used the editing skill and got the title [ Ruler of Greed ]. It shouldn't be possible to steal stats without [ Conquest ]. Well, I don't know...

On top of that, there's the mental baggage I'm supposed to bear for "sucking the soul" out of the monsters I've killed.

While fighting our mother, Kumoko could only withstand this because of her "multiple minds."

Maybe the [ Conquest ] skill was working all along, but it wasn't showing up in my Status?

'But I'm not suffering the "mental load" that I should be.'

This system of mine is strange. I think it's God's fault or maybe the author's.

'So, how do I get back now?

I've run for many kilometers. I have no idea where I am. Kumoko is alone, and that worries me. She could get in trouble if a dangerous monster like a dragon appears.

But Kumoko is smart. Ishe can manage without me.

'Hmmm... There's still some time before I can edit another skill. I'll take the [ Dimensional Maneuvering ] skill and move quickly there.' I'll hunt until the cooldown reaches zero.

I've got another 11 hours until then.

'Wow, I spent 12 hours hunting... That was a long time.'

####

*Change of POV*

A few hours passed, and Kumoko slowly opened her eyes after hearing some strange sounds nearby. They were deep breathing noises, heavy and frightening.

'The spider is back?' Kumoko thought.

But, to her dismay.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Kumoko mentally screamed after seeing a giant monster staring straight at her. She was paralyzed.

'It's a dragon. It's a dragon. It's a dragon.' Kumoko was so scared and desperate that she started saying it repeatedly. 'And it's a powerful dragon! I'm going to die!'

Earth Dragon LV32

Skill Points: 41,100

Araba

Stats

HP 4,663
MP 4,076
SP 4,570

Offense: 4,610
Defense: 4,597
Magic: 4,022
Resistance: 4.138
Speed: 4,555

When Kumoko saw her Status, she became even more desperate. However, Araba just looked away and toward something nearby.

Kumoko then noticed that something dangerous was approaching.

'Are you kidding me...' Kumoko's eyes turned white when she noticed her mother approaching. Yes, her mother. The dragon in front of Kumoko, sensing Queen Taratect's presence, quickly began to flee.

And Kumoko, hiding inside her house, stood still, without moving.

[ "Fear Resistance LV5" became "Fear Resistance LV6" ]

'Don't see me. Don't see me. Don't see me.'

Kumoko kept saying as she watched her mother pass by just below her house.

'Is she aiming at the dragon? Are they going to fight?' Kumoko, for some reason, began to feel very curious about what would happen between those two. 'Should I go there?' Kumoko thought seriously about it.

'If the spider were here...' Kumoko began to think about the giant spider.

'I don't think I should go there. I'd better get out of here and stay out of these two's fight.'

Kumoko left her house to get out of there as quickly as possible.

'I'm sure my mother is doing this on purpose. She always shows up where I am! Just leave me alone!'

She ran away.

Chapter 40 - Battle against my mother?
Twelve hours have passed, and I can finally make a new edit. I'll acquire the [ Dimensional Maneuvering ] skill to get back to where Kumoko is. I'm too far away to go back without this skill.

So, after editing the [ Throw ] skill to [ Dimensional Maneuvering ], I finally used it to get back.

But...

'She's not here.'

I could see Kumoko's cobwebs, but her house was partially destroyed, and she was nowhere to be seen. 'Something must have happened to her. I need to look for her.'

Kumoko can be close to here.

'I wish I had a skill that would help me look for her, like a good perception skill.' I'll need to get one in the future.

I edited my speed to 30,000 and started looking for Kumoko. After running for a few seconds, I found something. It was blood, the blood of some monster.

It was a tremendous amount of blood.

Moreover, the labyrinth walls were broken, and there were signs of a fight everywhere.

'It wasn't Kumoko who did this. Other monsters fought here.' Kumoko isn't strong enough to cause it. She hasn't even done her special evolution yet.

Speaking of which, I would like to know if she can make her special evolution. If I'm correct, there were some requirements for it.

'I'll have to take care of that later. Now, the important thing is to look for her.'

And then I kept running. As I couldn't shout for her, I started to break the walls to make noise to draw the attention of anyone nearby, including Kumoko.

Despite being scared easily(for now), Kumoko is a curious person. She could come out of hiding to see what's going on.

And after almost two hours of searching, I found nothing. Once again, I used the [ Dimensional Maneuvering ] skill to return to where she was before, and this time, I went the other way.

There were only two paths, one to the left and one to the right. I had gone the right.

'Besides these two paths, there are other narrow paths over there.' I looked up at the ceiling. 'But I don't think she went that way.'

I started running again. Even though I haven't edited my strength and defense, my SP is dropping a bit fast... It's probably because I'm running non-stop.

Because of this, I had to take a few rest stops.

At these stops I was taking, monsters attacked me, but I always dealt with them quickly.

'Where are you?' I reached a place that was more like a labyrinth. It was a place where there were several paths to follow. Before, I had passed this place and chose the middle path, but Kumoko could have gone anywhere.

'Oh, true!'

I killed some monsters before... So I decided to do it:

I revived six monsters I had killed before and then gave the same order to everyone.

'Look for a spider with some orbs on her body. If you find her, don't attack her. Try to get her attention, get her to follow you, and bring her here.'

With my order, the monsters split up, and I moved on.

'Maybe she went to the same place as me.'

However, after I ran for another 10 minutes, I found something I hadn't expected.

'What are you doing here?

There was a considerable amount of cobwebs everywhere. And on top of the web that supported her weight was her, my mother. I don't know what she's doing here, but that explains the signs of a fight I saw earlier.

She faced a strong monster.

'I must get out of here before she realizes I'm here.'

It's like she's chasing me. How many more times am I going to run into her? I'm still not strong enough to deal with her.

If I make edits that are too high, they don't apply.

Just like in the fight against that giant snake.

When I edited three statuses to 20,000, it was as if they hadn't even been edited, even though when I looked at my status, they were at "20,000".

In other words, it's hard to kill this monster.

'The limit should be around 60,000 if I add all the stats. Her defense stat is around 20,000, right?'

If I put 30,000 into strength and 20,000 into speed, won't I be able to hurt her? That's possible. The big problem is that she's also very fast, and I can't be hit.

I don't know how I got out alive last time, but miracles will not happen two times in such a short time.

'System, remove the edit I made to my speed.'

'Now set my strength to 30,000 and my speed to 20,000.'

With that, I didn't exceed the limits.

As my body felt much lighter, it was working well.

'I don't know if I can kill her, but I think I can hurt her. While my children look for Kumoko, I will have fun with our mother.'

#####

*Change of POV*

After running away and hiding for a while, Kumoko found herself in an unfamiliar place, and the only thing on her mind at the moment was survival.

Now that she had separated from her friend, she didn't think she could manage well in this place.

However, that changed when a group of monkeys suddenly attacked her, and she managed to deal with them all easily.

Her skill with poison, which had gone up a level after her evolution, made her a monster-killing machine—at least the weak monsters.

'If I were to fight that dragon, would I have a chance of winning? Nai waaa~~'

And while she was resting after a long battle, a monster approached her. Kumoko, who had just bitten off a piece of meat from one monster, almost attacked, but...

The monster in front of her, one monster called Elroe Randanel, started trying to communicate with her.

'Ah!!!" Kumoko's eyes lit up when she remembered the giant spider's unique ability.

Chapter 41 - Battle against time.
My mother hadn't noticed me yet. Or maybe she is pretending I'm not here. 'For some reason, I don't feel nervous. Perhaps it's because I've faced her before?'

A smile appeared on my face.

'Right.'

I looked at my Status and the attack skills I have.

[ Poison Attack LV8 ] [ Poison Fang LV9 ] [ Heavy Attack LV1 ] [ Rot Attack LV1 ]

Honestly, none of those will work. She has resistance and poison... And the other two are at level one. What about my magic? Will it work? Hmmm... If I remember correctly, she doesn't have fire resistance.

So it might work.

'And I use magic differently since I can control it however I want. Usually, there are a few "spells" I can use with fire magic.'

Ember, Eruption?

That's it.

'But since I can control it however I want, the only thing that matters is its level of destruction.' And the higher the level, the more it will increase.

My magic is still at level 5. It will not be strong enough to kill her. Well, it can't hurt to try, can it?

'And since I have the [ Dimensional Maneuvering ] skill in my Status, I can take advantage of it. My mother also has this ability, but what matters is who uses it best.'

All right, I should attack now.

I took a good look at my surroundings. Despite the cobwebs along the way, which were very sturdy, I had plenty of room to move.

'Should I focus on its head like I did with the other strong monsters?' She's faster than me, but I can hit her at least once. 'Let's go.'

[ Dimensional Maneuvering ]

I teleported on top of my mother. It was as if time had stopped.

With my claws, I attacked.

SLASH~~

The movements were so fast that it was impossible to avoid my attack. And as I expected, I finally hit her. However, its high defense protected it, and the damage I caused was significant but less than expected.

HP 21,511/24,557

'I have to get out of here!'

Using the [ Dimensional Maneuvering ] skill again, I got away from my mother.

She roared with rage because of the deep cuts I had caused to her face. I had even damaged two of her eyes. 'She's furious.' Before I could think, my mother appeared right above me.

She used the same skill.

'Damn.'

I teleported in the air, and my mother started chasing me. Whenever I had a chance, I tried to attack with my claws, but I couldn't hit my attacks.

And then.

URGH!

I felt a sharp pain all over my body.

[The skill "Pain Resistance LV1" was learned.]

I felt my whole body freeze. I practically stopped thinking for a few seconds. Realizing that I would be killed if I was hit, I teleported away. Far away from my mother as possible.

'Can she know where I am?'

Being far away, I looked at my SP, which had dropped significantly. I could reach my limit as the skill [ Dimensional Maneuvering ] consumes SP.

'But I can't give up. That skill she used was probably Heretic Magic, phantom pain.'

I'm not hurt, but it felt as if my body had been torn apart.

So I teleported to where my mother was. She was no longer there when I arrived, and the cobwebs were all cut up. 'Did she go after me?' As I thought this, I felt something dangerous approaching.

Something close to me came out of the ground, something dark, like a shadow.

And then I was attacked. But I ran.

Just then, I noticed something large falling towards me from the ceiling of the labyrinth.

'Damn!'

I jumped to the side and moved away. I managed to avoid the attack from my mother, who fell where I had been. Her weight was such that the ground cracked, and rocks flew everywhere.

Then she turned to me.

Her still healthy eyes, which I hadn't hurt, stared at me.

'I'm going to chop you up into little pieces.' I thought.

So I kicked the ground, putting almost all my strength into my eight legs. I felt a little pain in them but ignored it. I got close in an instant. My mother's mouth was open. She was going to do something.

But I won't let you do anything!

'Fire magic!' I used fire magic and threw fire toward her mouth.

I took advantage of the distraction my fire caused to hit her. I hit her in the head, in the same place as before, making an even deeper cut. Her HP had regenerated after my first attack but had dropped below 20,000 with this attack.

'If I don't kill it soon, more spiders will appear.'

She could control all her children. It would be a problem if stronger spiders appeared here.

SP 412/656

My SP had risen after hunting for 12 hours and was already 412. But I didn't care and continued teleporting, not with the [ Dimensional Maneuvering ] skill, but with my speed.

I was so fast that it even felt like I was teleporting.

I continued to attack the main body and also my mother's legs. My speed is 4,000 points slower than hers. That's quite a significant difference. But... As long as I don't get hit, it's okay.

It's a battle against time.

I kept hitting her.

But she kept regenerating her life.

But her HP was dropping.

HP 14,611/24,557

It wasn't going to be that easy, though.

My mother screamed and then decided to use all available means to finish me off. Various spells and abilities began to be used against me.

'If I'm hit by just one of them, I'll die.

And then, suddenly.

'What?'

Two more mothers appeared.

Chapter 42 - Die, mother.
'What?! System, edit my speed to 25,000! It's still at 55,000. I haven't exceeded the limit, right?'

The three mothers attacked at the same time. The new mothers were even faster. While the mother with the least HP hid, the other two started chasing me with a thirst for blood.

However, I finally realized.

I tried to use my [ Appraisal ] skill, but it didn't work.

'They're not real.'

I remembered that Heretic magic also has an illusion ability. While I was distracted by the two illusions, the main body was preparing something dangerous. And I remember that.
The same magic hit me before when I was helping Kumoko.

It wasn't [ Phantom pain ].

'I have to avoid it.'

I avoided the attack and then ran towards my mother. The two illusions disappeared, and then a dark shadow rose from the ground before her, and I stopped my attack.

'Dark Magic. If I touch it, I'll take damage.'

Then I teleported to my mother's back. With my eight legs, I made eight deep cuts into her body. She screamed and then disappeared from my sight.

But then she appeared meters away.

She screamed in my direction, and I could see the deadly poison approaching.

'My resistance to poison is high, but it's better not to risk it.'

I dodged her attack and appeared on the ceiling. Despite my abnormal weight, I could walk on the roof. I looked down at my mother. She looked up and then turned her ass towards me.

Her web flew towards me, and she tried to hit and grab me like a whip.

But as if it wasn't a challenge, I ran through the ceiling at high speed.

I began to run around, avoiding my mother's gaze. However, her perception skills are good. I won't be able to fool her with this. The best thing to do is to avoid her attacks and use my claws.

I NEED POWERFUL ATTACK SKILLS.

Still running on the ceiling, I threw myself towards my mother. Then I produced a large amount of web while still in the air, and my web flew towards her face.

But it was just a distraction.

I then created a giant fireball that swallowed my cobwebs and flew towards my mother. I knew she would avoid my attack, so I read her movements to see where she would go.

Fortunately, she didn't use her ability to teleport.

[ Heavy Attack LV1 ]

I fell on her, using the [ Heavy Attack ] skill to inflict even more damage. My claws dug into my mother's body, and she screamed in anger. With all my claws still in her body, I started to move.

My claws were inside her body—disgusting texture.

My mother started to run. And I used my teeth while still on top of her.

Bite!

Bite!

Bite!

Bite!

Bite!

I began to bite her and swallowed her flesh without even chewing. As she felt a part of her body being eaten, my mother began to roar with rage.

HP 7,211/24,557

[ "Pain Resistance LV1" became "Pain Resistance LV2" ]

I drew a lot of HP from her, but I had to move away after she started causing me pain with her Heretic Magic and tried to hit me with her Dark Magic. At the same time, she used poison and also her web to try to trap me.

SP 156/656

However, I continued to use my speed to avoid her attacks while hitting her at short intervals. 'But her HP is regenerating. I need to end it quickly.'

Webs and more webs danced through the air as I dodged them. My mother was a god when it came to controlling her web.

I narrowly avoided them as I flew through the sky using the [ Dimensional Maneuvering ] skill. But my SP was already reaching its limit. And then an opening appeared.

The attacks stopped for a second, and I fell towards her again.

[ Heavy Attack LV1 ]

[ Heavy Attack LV1 became Heavy Attack LV2 ]

My attack hit the same place as before.

HP 5,211/21,557

I began to pierce her more profoundly and bite her.

Bite!

Bite!

Bite!

Bite!

Bite!

Bite!

Before I knew it, part of my mother's body was missing. My teeth are really powerful. And her HP? It was even lower now. However, my SP had also reached its limit.

My HP also dropped after her magic suddenly hit me.

Before I could escape, a shadow rose and hit me directly. Even though it was something like a shadow or magic, it felt like I had been hit with a physical blow.

I flew away and threw the web towards the ceiling to stop my body from hitting the wall. And I took advantage of the "slingshot" motion my web caused to fly towards my mother again.

'Fireball, fireball.' Within seconds, small balls of bright fire flew towards her eyes.

[ Heavy Attack LV1 ]

And then, I landed my attack directly on her head.

Coincidentally or not, my attack hit the same place. My claws hit the deep cuts I had caused before, and this time, my claws went through her head.

Her head was split into three pieces.

HP 2,211/21,557

However, she didn't die after this attack.

'WHAT KIND OF MONSTER ARE YOU?!'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back